Sign in to follow this  
LHF

Burning Man

Has anyone on this site attended the Burning Man festival in Nevada? Trying to go this year and just trying to absorb as much info as I can to wrap my head around it before I go. 

I've got a lot to do in ~9 months, but I can do it. I'm excited. 

4 hours ago, LHF said:

Has anyone on this site attended the Burning Man festival in Nevada? Trying to go this year and just trying to absorb as much info as I can to wrap my head around it before I go. I've got a lot to do in ~9 months, but I can do it. I'm excited. 

Not personally, but there is a very good documentary about it broadcast on the VICE channel (which I believe has a YouTube page)

Not familiar with that one, but I looked up the videos about the Glamcocks among others. I'm fascinated about the whole thing, but I think experiencing it from in primarily gay culture and in primarily queer camps will lead me to have a drastically different week than what I'm seeing in videos from more mainstream or heteronormative spaces. 

I've got a lot of prep work on myself to do, though, in the meantime.

I've heard a couple things, but mostly about how the "town" is constructed and deconstructed, and how the rules work (for example here). Other than that, not a lot, but it's really cool you're planning on going. You'll have to let us know how it goes!