dredlifter

It makes me wonder what his current lifting stats are.  Those were never mentioned.  He has to be squatting a kiloton now.  And he's only getting stronger.  I also wonder if he's still absorbing anything he can study and research.  I can imagine him being able to speak many languages and have several PhD on his wall in his corner office.

24 minutes ago, ploder4 said:

I can imagine him being able to speak many languages and have several PhD on his wall in his corner office.

I love this idea too.  The idea that not only are his physical features enhanced but his mind is too.  

Sadly, it's a bit rare to find stories like this in the muscle-growth world.  There are many stories where guys get dumber as they get bigger, that doesn't appeal to me at all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dredlifter said:

I love this idea too.  The idea that not only are his physical features enhanced but his mind is too.  

Sadly, it's a bit rare to find stories like this in the muscle-growth world.  There are many stories where guys get dumber as they get bigger, that doesn't appeal to me at all. 

That idea came as I thought about Trevor continuing to shrink a little more and becoming Seth's "shoulder assistant" (meaning Trev sits on Seth's shoulder taking notes and etc.) only to find out that Seth doesn't really need Trev to do all that because Seth developed a super-humanly idetic memory.  In fact, Seth has to re-do some of Trev's notes and etc.  Trev finds this out and is completely humiliated even though he shouldn't be in front of Seth. 

Seth keeps Trev around to keep him grounded to the real world while small people still exist.  The one thing Seth needs to control is his hunger for power and domination of everything from his body to his mind to the world.  Trev's fragility is a reminder to Seth that his actions could have much bigger consequences.  Which is why I thought a Trev death scene would be appropriate in some cases.  What would Seth do?  Would this OCD striving for personal perfection become an issue?

That is just one of the alternative universes this story went in my head.

Big-intelligence is hot because it is also a form of Dominance

Everything that Trev would say, think, or feel could be anticipated by Seth, even leading to some unintended manipulation by Seth  

It is in the intelligence that superiority becomes ubiquitous. From a card games to videogames, to merely talk with the guy

How can you win a discussion with someone who can memorize everything he reads on wikipedia? So intelligent that can binge a subject overnight to discuss it with a scientist the next day. Maybe even taking pleasure that he can win over anyone if he puts his mind into it

but it is hard to write a (super) smart guy dialogue. I understand why some writers avoid it. 

For some time I wanted to write on this theme, the muscles == brains. The major hook would be that Companies start to beef up their employees to get them smarter to gain advantage in the market. An arms race with muscles. Higher the position in the companies hierarchy, more bonuses, and taller and stronger they get, pretty much like Elongro. Only I had little time to write it down. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Joe said:

Going back to the first chapter of this story and seeing Seth described as 5'8" and just 145lbs - and knowing that, by the last chapter, he probably uses more weight than that as a warm up for ONE arm... holy shit that's hot

That is an awesome thought. I think it will soon be time for a start to finish rereading of this epic story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, merehuman said:

Big-intelligence is hot because it is also a form of Dominance

I couldn't agree more with this. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, megantuan said:

I like that story idea, it sounds like the perfect setting for competition. I know I talk about myself a lot, and it probably seems unrealistic. I frequently have the opposite issue with stories where what is supposed to be fantasy is my reality, or too close to be interesting anyways. I have an IQ in the third standard deviation. A friend of mine whose son has dyscalculia and took logic as an alternative to math asked for help with a problem. I did not know the symbols or syntax and had never taken logic. It took me about 30 minutes or so to learn logic on Wikipedia and then I helped them with the problem. I have a form of eidetic memory that is audiovisual and is like a movie and I can imagine images, including things that are not memories but current thoughts, as external projections. Supposedly eidetic memory is rare in children and is very rare in adults, though the actual rate of occurance is the subject of debate. One thing that would be incorrect is memorizing text, which is photographic memory, not eidetic memory, there is a distinction. Winning a debate or proving a concept also requires the ability to conceptualize and make connections between the concepts that were memorized. Unfortunately, my father is Scandinavian and my mother is French-German which means I'm also blonde at heart and I forget things if I see something shiny, bright colored, moving fast, or sexy people.

Congrats Sheldon!  You're a human after all!   :P

1 hour ago, megantuan said:

In real life calling someone that's 6'3" 272lbs "Sheldon" like they're a socially inept savant is a bad idea. Mental health is my job. It's not my fault I'm at a high percentile in every possible thing that can be measured. Don't hate.

I don't usually speak, and I'm not going to dispute what you say is true, but you really could be phrasing this self-aggrandising talk slightly less provocatively...

On 7/23/2019 at 3:13 PM, megantuan said:

In real life calling someone that's 6'3" 272lbs "Sheldon" like they're a socially inept savant is a bad idea. Mental health is my job. It's not my fault I'm at a high percentile in every possible thing that can be measured. Don't hate.

Whoa, stop right there.  I was not hating.  I was merely jibing.  Hence the emoticon.  You practically bit my head off on this.  I'll stay away from now on.

I guess your high percentile exudes itself in your wording.  I'm not bright enough to pick out what it is specifically but it just feels intimidating.  There are a few other people I know who can do this.  It's usually the people who look like they have their shit together and can make things look effortless despite whether they struggle or not.  It always exudes a passive threat of "I can make you obsolete without trying."  I myself would be devastated if I found myself in such a situation.  I never like being a waste of space or a burden to anyone by default.  Words like "useless" and "untrustworthy" come to mind as well as being relegated to menial simple tasks which you can easily be substituted for on a whim.  Such people can merely speak with a mildly harsher tone and it makes you want to crawl under a rock and die. 

I imagine Seth to be one of those people, and I can see you being that to some megantuan. 

Although I have to say, in regard to Seth and Trev's relationship.  Trev feels his inferiority and uselessness in the world in general.  Seth keeps telling him he doesn't have to feel that way.  Seth will protect Trev from the rest of the world and things that make him feel that way.  Trev has nothing to worry about because superiority and inferiority don't matter anymore even though it's more than plain to see who's superior.