dredlifter

Marvelous story.  I loved every minute of it.  Part of me was holding out hope for a Twilight Zone-style twist when you mentioned that Seth was working for the makers of Elongro.  I thought maybe Seth asked Trevor to come work for him because of Trevor's extremely rare reaction to Elongro.  What if the scientists there had found out that for people like Trevor, the new non-bootleg version WAS effective and could grow them much bigger because the first dose had "reset" their growth potential?   Maybe someone in the future will do a alternate version or  a sequel.  Personally I would love to see a bit in the future where Seth and Stacy have a "little" boy that has Trevor as his godfather.  At what age is the boy bigger than Trevor?  What happens when the boy hits puberty?  Do we get "Son of Elongro"?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, megantuan said:

I'm going to refer up front to what I said about emotional intelligence after the last chapter. Assuming Trevor has even a median wage job at about $52K per year, his best friend who is basically running the soon-to-be Fortune 500 company only offered an additional $20K to Trevor to be his assistant. Either that is a cheap ass dick move, or he's just buying Trevor to be his toy

OR... it could be, ya know, that Seth is legitimately trying to do something nice for his best friend.  

1 hour ago, atthemoment said:

At what age is the boy bigger than Trevor?  What happens when the boy hits puberty?  Do we get "Son of Elongro"?

One thing I like about the Elongro universe is that there could be tons of other stories out there with experiences with the drug.  Other friends' experimentation with it, as well as future developments with offspring, for sure. 

• Like 3

And here we have it - the 'final' Elongro frontier! That glorious door and later posing sequences were fucking AMAZING, Dredlifter! I really appreciated the **ahem** volume of text you devoted to describing Seth's glory in so much detail. The boner popping was the icing on an already decadent muscle cake – the mental image of just Seth's dick surging past the threshold of the doorway above Trevor and being big enough to shelter him was divine. Later, all the measurements Seth tosses out about his actual size and how much he would still completely dwarf Trevor even at six feet, really pushed me over the edge in many delicious ways!

The amount of times in this chapter you set aside all pretense of Seth being considered a normal human is a bit like coming out the first time. Kudos for finally admitting it, lol, and for working it in as unobtrusively but also ubiquitously as you do. There isn't a single facet of Seth's existence that he does not owe to his size at this point and by extension, Trevor. Does it raise a metric shit tonne of questions about the world you've built for the reader? Yes, but you remain true to your microcosm (pun strangely not indended ;-P) of Trevor's immediate, lust-hazed field of perception.

The job admission and offer is both decidedly calculated and incredibly tender. You took care earlier in the story to make it clear that there was no drop off in intellect for Trevor or in the amount of effort or talent he possessed for things that were not size based. The revelation of Trevor's post-college work position in contrast to Seth's is another series of comparison and allegory Elongro speaks to about the nature of success, power, attractiveness, and much more in our actual world. The final chapter is pretty strong on this front, in every section, actually. I'm not certain how many statements you intended to make, Dredlifter, but many, many came across throughout Elongro.

On a related side note, this one particular moment struck me very, very strongly:

15 hours ago, dredlifter said:

Trevor’s jovial exterior goes dark and he looks down in shame.  He had long got past feeling unnatural shame around Seth’s physicality.  But this.  This admission is hard.  He was tiny in the regular sized world of business too.  “Eh, it's going. I'm part of the marketing team at a small fabrication shop. It's not much but I guess it pays the bills.”

Seth notices immediately how hard that admission is.  He leans his long body over in his chair, reaches out, and easily touches Trevor’s face, making Trevor look up at him.  “Well, Trevor, that’s one reason I wanted to catch up with you today. I know what you’ve been going through with your job.  I kind of did some checking and normal people rarely tell me no.  I wanted to ask if you would like to be my assistant.”

The face touch, more than anything else in the chapter and possibly the story, is when we finally see the re-definition of the relationship between them after their transformations are complete. A number of other things in the finale feel the opposite of 'final' and still have my spinoff/sequel radar raising alarm bells in my head, but this moment is sooo much. On the heels of their discussion and perceptions of each other in the content before this scene, the touch is almost unbearably intimate and significant. It is the ONLY time in whole story that anyone, including Brooke when they were dating, makes physical contact with Trevor of this level of kindness and intimacy. Yes, there was the 'bro-safe' shoulder hug between them at the end of Chapter 10 when Trevor was reduced to tears, but nothing on this level. It's also an interesting and brilliant tactic for Seth to fully indulge his own kinkier appetites and claim Trevor as his absolute property, echoing his thoughts from the start of the chapter when he sees Trevor at his door. Such a simple section, but it tied a lot together and spoke volumes, Dredlifter!

On the thought of the job offer, I have this picture of Trevor becoming this marketing sniper for Psycolon once the societal pressure and assumptions around his size are removed for him by working for Seth. It's hysterical but my mind went to something a little like Edna Mode from the Incredibles – largely overlooked by everyone but the one with the brilliance to inspire the giants through whatever crisis they may face. Not going to apologize for giving you all that mental image. 😜

I'm going to go on record for my love that Stacy is taller than Jack, especially after he was such a public dick even as an 'adult' at the wedding.

The sex scene between the three of them further cements Trevor's position as property for Seth. He's reduced to little more than a sex toy. The small penis humiliation you work in is a true-test of Trevor's unwavering love and worship of Seth. It is HOT, but also feels a little like you've eroded any final feelings of Trevor's ability to think of himself as an actual person.  You reinforce this with the reference to his utter lack of any sexual contact since the fifth wheel scene from the wedding. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not. In terms of resolution for the story, it does leave me with a sense of loss, to be honest. True, Trevor is no longer consumed with the envy we saw at the beginning, but he has become lost to his own feelings of inadequacy and lack of self worth completely. This is softened by Seth's desire  to make Trevor a permanent fixture in his day-to-day life and Trevor's willing (if somewhat 'coerced' lol) acceptance of that existence, but I still feel like Trevor lost even more to Elongro than Seth gained.

Thank you, Dredlifter, for evolving the roleplay between you and Jsmith320 to write a story that kept me and others up late multiple nights for so many different reasons.  Even though you're pretty quiet on here, Jsmith320, please know that we adore you as well. Seriously guys, Elongro was an intensely wild, sexy, emotional journey you took us all on!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dredlifter said:

One thing I like about the Elongro universe is that there could be tons of other stories out there with experiences with the drug.  Other friends' experimentation with it, as well as future developments with offspring, for sure. 

YAAAAAAAS!!!!

1 hour ago, megantuan said:

Exactly, property. It's very hot as a fantasy. Outside of fantasy it's anathema to my value of humanity.

Umm, it's supposed to be fantasy....  And despite this there is a distinct type of affection and care Seth is able to feel toward and expresses for Trevor. 

The whole superiority vibe is a pretty reminiscent of some of BSpencer's comments from earlier parts (circa part 9, I think?) , so I'm not sure if this facet was born out of the RP or some plot workshopping they may have done to add some extra edge and/or to 'up' the humiliation content for us at the end.  I'm also not sure if Dredlifter intended it as a final revelation for Seth to understand his own behaviour or as a revelation for us as readers to explain his actions, but it's always neat to see how a story can change with different input.

2 hours ago, anormorph said:

On the thought of the job offer, I have this picture of Trevor becoming this marketing sniper for Psycolon once the societal pressure and assumptions around his size are removed for him by working for Seth. It's hysterical but my mind went to something a little like Edna Mode from the Incredibles – largely overlooked by everyone but the one with the brilliance to inspire the giants through whatever crisis they may face. Not going to apologize for giving you all that mental image. 😜

Just for the idea of Trev becoming Edna Mode alike, you get a like.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, megantuan said:

Is fantasy like I'm a giant and I step on you and crush you, or is that reality? 😈 I'm a dumb jock and don't know.

pffft, there's nothing dumb about you and hopefully you know it, lol.

I love this ending.   Period.  It was kinda what I was expecting.

Some have said that the sex scene made Trevor into a sex toy.  But if that were really true, Trevor would simply go unacknowledged throughout the entire scene.  But instead the two giants made it a point to keep Trevor as a part of their attention.  Trevor receives a lot of attention and inclusion in this scene, in fact, this whole chapter.  Yes it's humiliation but it's also countered by the amount of attention and care Trevor receives from them.

I kinda assume that Trev is the small man on the totem pole of the marketing firm and probably already in line to be eliminated in the next budget meeting.  I wonder how much Seth knows about Trev's job history and other reasons why Seth reached out as much as he did to offer Trev a job.  But it was also touching that Seth still thought of Trev and would go to such lengths to help him.  For Seth, Trev is very much needed.  It gets rid of any pretense that Trev is lost his usefulness in this story.  That was the worst scenario I thought would happen should the story take such a turn. 

Although I think if anything, Seth wants Trev's life to be fulfilled and most likely because he owes it to Trev.  In a sense, Seth may be telling Trev to live through him.  Much like a family member or friend runs a marathon for a disabled person.  This somewhat is the case in the sex scene.  They make efforts to make Trev feel like he's the one fucking Stacy.  It really does feel like all three of them fulfill each other's lives in interesting ways. 

Trevor remains important and useful in the end and for more than just utilitarian purposes.  It makes me wonder and most likely assume correctly that Seth is going to put Trev in a position that puts him in very high stress and important tasks some of which he may barely be able to complete simply because of his limitations.  BUT, as throughout the entire story, Trev makes it through or is able to make lemons out of lemonade.  I think Trev will always be fine in the end.

It is clear though that Trev lost more and didn't recover at all from his second Elongro hit.  This chapter describes Trevor as "bony" and not even 100 lbs.  In order for Trev to keep at least wrestler proportions, he'd have to be under 3 feet tall.  My guess is that he's probably around 4'10 which makes Trev into an extremely malnourished looking guy.   In a darker sense... it makes me wonder just how much Seth needs Trev.  If something bad were to happen to Trev I wonder if Seth would go into a rage.  Trev holds a lot more power than most people think.  God forbid Trev die in an accident and woe be those who should assault him.  lol

As much as I have continuation scenarios in my head I refuse to write them out.  I suggest others keep away from such thoughts as well.  This story is PRISTINE.  Do not touch! 

However I must say this...   I can see a scene in the "live through me type scenario" where Trev is Seth's shoulder assistant.  Basically Trev sits on Seth's shoulder and relays important information and is constantly in his ear with comments and thoughts... literally.  In turn, this makes Seth much more efficient because he has someone over his shoulder (literally) looking up needed info on the fly.   It also creates a need for those affected negatively by Elongro since they will be small enough to fit on the shoulders of those who have benefited above the curve.  TBH, I think it's hot because all those on Elongro have something to emphasize how big they really are.  And the fact that Seth is able to have a little person sitting on his shoulder all day in constant comparison is really hot. 

Since you're over 11 feet tall, you get a live shoulder assistant.  :P

What do you all think?

Edited by ploder4
last thoughts
  • Like 3

@ploder4 I agree that Trevor still has incredible value to Seth and that he genuinely wants the best for Trevor, but he is left completely de-humanized as well.  He is much more than utilitarian or a sex toy to Seth, but no longer considered a 'whole person' based on the language and thoughts we have from Seth here.    I do like your idea that Seth is likely to place Trevor in a position where he has tonnes of work that's directly in his educational field, but I'd like to give Seth a bit more credit and disagree with you about Trevor being on the chopping block.  Seth being motivated by a desire to have Trevor succeed on his own merit instead of being motivated by crisis feels like a return to the close friendship they had at the beginning.  I also think you're very right about how strong Seth's grief would be should he ever outright lose Trevor.  Triple kudos for your description of Trevor being Seth's living, perched, miniature research and publicity department!

People have asked a few times about the wider world's perception.  Leaving it out allowed Dredlifter to maximize the differences as they happened.  He incorporated more of the real world in the beginning when the differences weren't as great, but then zoomed in closer and closer to his main characters as the size gap widened.  It was a very effective writing tactic to force the reader into seeing nothing but Seth, Jack, Brooke, and Stacy grow larger and larger, just like Trevor would have.  His world, and our by extension, was consumed by their growth and his subsequent losses.  It did result in us feeling a little claustrophobic at times and a little disconcerted that there wasn't more of the real world, but that was done on purpose.

The sex scene is...complicated...for me. It was an important shift when Seth first 'outed' himself (and Stacy) as being attracted to the dominant role in the wedding chapter.  This is an extension of that exploration.  Trevor changed his mindset to enjoy and be sexually attracted to Seth and his size, but here we have Seth finally, fully admit his own changed mindset and how he enjoys/craves the complete and utter dominance he possesses over Trevor.  Tellingly, Trevor is almost entirely mute during the sexual act.  Trevor isn't even aware of what's going to happen until partway through.  All of the dialogue is between Seth and Stacy.  In doing so, Dredlifter completely objectifies Trevor as the final evolution of his humiliation.  He's present for the sexual act, but make no mistake, Seth and Stacy are living out a fantasy of theirs, now that Trevor is finally present to do so. 

The knowledge that this is the only sexual or intimate contact Trevor has had for years (potentially since the pre-wedding) weighs very heavy on my mind.  While we know it as readers, Seth and Stacy do not.  At no point is Trevor really asked if he consents - There's a drunken, rhetorical question about unspecified fun and then he's ordered to do things and he complies.  Trevor also doesn't even think about stopping the act at any time.  Is that because he feels utterly powerless to do so?  Is it because he's afraid they would just ignore him if he did ask to stop?  Is he afraid of their, especially Seth's, reaction if he asked them to stop? Is it because he is so utterly lonely that any physical contact, no matter how many lines it might cross, will give him a moment of respite?  By extension, I had to ask myself the same questions while reading it and fantasizing about riding Seth's massive dick (although the vaginal sex would be suuuuper awkward for me).

Heavy thoughts, right?  It's another example of why Elongro struck such a strong chord with me.  The story is full of content that cause us to question ourselves and the values of the world in which we live in when we examine it through the 'exaggerated' lens the story provides.  It's full of content that mirrored trauma, abuse, mental illness, and so on.  I found it hot as fuck but I also found it uncomfortable as fuck at the same time.  I don't personally think much or any of this came up for Dredlifter when writing the story, unless someone took the time to point it out after something was already posted.  This started as a roleplay between two people - opening it up to a wider audience monumentally changed the dynamic of the content in ways he couldn't have anticipated.

Despite this, I agree strongly that Dredlifter intended the mfm scene to be incredibly intimate and to display a new bar of trust built between the three characters to strengthen the 'homecoming' feel to the substantially altered core friendship we started with.  I had to remind myself of their beginning friendship multiple times to read through a lot of the content.  Trevor loses everything in the story.  He adapts (not heals and becomes whole, btw) slowly and learns to eke out an existence, but he is treated mercilessly by the plot for something that isn't a revenge story.  The ending is bittersweet for me because Dredlifter makes such an effort to return Seth and Trevor to close friends.  So close that they commit to work together for life.  So close that they can share each other sensually and sexually without being ashamed of their appetites.  Sadly, Trevor lost far too much along the way to be anything more than an ephemeral fragment of the independent person he could have been for himself but also for the story's object of idolization, Seth.

It is a touching story, Dredlifter.  I hope people who might not have been able to read it before it was finished give it another chance now that the full arc can be seen at once.  They might not get as 🍆 as you intended, but please don't doubt the importance of this story here, even with all the comments and analysis it prompted.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2019 at 2:36 PM, dredlifter said:

OR... it could be, ya know, that Seth is legitimately trying to do something nice for his best friend.  

This brings up one of the questions I've had for at least the last few chapters.  Will the effects of Elongro be passed on to their offspring?  It's been such a long story arc, I don't remember if there was a genetic component mentioned when describing how Elongro works.  If not, and we're sticking to the original premise that it only works for a small percentage of people, then it's very likely that couples who have grown will end up having children for whom Elongro doesn't work. 

On 4/28/2019 at 3:12 PM, megantuan said:

Maybe. Who knows what fictional characters are trying to do. If we did know, so many English majors would have nothing to do. It just doesn't seem like much effort for Seth the living god.

If anyone knows, the author does.  So, we should probably take his word for it. 

Overall, I'm very happy with the ending of the story, and I LOVED the story overall.  Part of me was hoping for some promise for Trevor to be cured and grow at least back to his original size (and ideally larger than Jack) now that Seth (and now Trevor too) are working for Elongro.  I guess the way the story ends, that hope is technically still there.  I want to commend Dredlifter  and JSmith for coming up with a great idea and dred for turning it into a fantastic narrative.  I also want to restate one last time that any complaining I did was out of concern or irritation with the characters was aimed at them and is a testament to how well this was written.  I'm sad to see it end, but excited for whatever you come up with next!

• Like 2