dredlifter

Don't know whats happening in these comments but I just wanna draw guys getting bigger and this story hits one of my hot buttons soooooooooooooo

Here's my artwork of Seth trying a prototype product to grow ridiculously big.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Omiganda said:

Here's my artwork of Seth trying a prototype product to grow ridiculously big.

Love the fanarts!  

This is my first ever review to a story in this website, but I felt the need to give my thoughts on this story as it truly got my head going.

I don’t want the creator to take this the wrong way, because when it comes to writing skills this story is very well executed and paced. But I have to say I didn’t enjoy this story. This opinion isn’t made with the intention of criticizing the work itself, because the things that made me dislike it are very subjective and based around the story’s plot, but I’ll still leave it here because I feel like this is an opinion that many people share and it could help the writer understand why.

We live the story through Trevor, who basically becomes us. And, I would say this is what makes the story less enjoyable. As the story progresses you empathize a lot with him, and it honestly made me feel terrible. This is a theme that repeats itself a lot in muscle growth stories (small guy overthrows former big guy, etc.) but it had never resonated so much with me. The feeling of envy is such a strong feeling that I think it just overpowered the rest of the narrative. If the feeling of being overthrown isn’t enough, you get to experience how your “friend”, and everyone around you, starts poking fun at you and acting all cocky. And I felt this could work wonderfully for the narrative as it could work as a redemption moment for our character (at the beginning he was exactly what I disliked about Seth, which made you root for Seth at that moment) and then he could achieve his objectives. But instead we watch as our character, after being ridiculed by the entire world, just accepts his fate of being the small guy and stops trying to achieve his dream. “You were the one who had always worked towards having a great body, and then this guy comes along and gets the fricking body lottery...”

This left me feeling so angry, because I honestly couldn’t find myself to accept his new train of thought. I had empathized so much with the character and how bad he must’ve felt being left behind that I found myself just wanting the story to go one way: He finally grew and stopped being the laughing stock of his “friends”.  

And this is why I think the story fails, but also gets a lot right. You empathize a lot with the main character, which is a win. But this also leads people to wish the decisions the protagonist took were their own.

But one thing I can certainly tell you is that this story left me feeling very strong emotions, which is something very few literature pieces have achieved. Congratulations.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 5/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, GigaGut said:

Wish there was a way I could fav this story

If you just want to be able to find it easily to re-read, adding it to your followed content could work.

• 7 months later...

Every time I see Trevor's involution I feel too bad, it depresses me a lot to see how the fucking Elongro, instead of making him bigger like the rest, makes him smaller, and that fucks me too much, because it seems that he is the only man on the face of the earth that the drug has no effect on him, I mean he has to be the saltiest person in the universe for that to happen only to him, it's too unfair.
I hope that in the not too distant future, Trevor can take his toll on all those who made fun of his non-existent development and make them eat dirt, because it's a complete fallacy what they say that he's just joking, because he's not, they're not laughing with him, they're laughing at him, especially Jack's asshole who's going overboard with Trevor.
It would be lovely to see if Trevor and Seth turn off straight mode and have carnal relations, maybe Trevor sucking Seth's dick or having been penetrated by Seth himself will make him almost as tall, muscular and with a big dick as Seth. It would be a dream. Please, come this wish true.
Although I don't believe in karma, I do believe in divine justice, which would be the same thing. 

On 3/2/2019 at 5:54 PM, dredlifter said:

Here's the issue...

It's not that it didn't or wouldn't have worked, it's the fact that Trevor never made it work.

Trev didn't lift or exercise.  He just wanted a quick and easy solution to get big.  Trev never put the effort in.  To compound that, he just pouted about how it didn't work on him the easy way and damned himself by taking another dose.  

There were several times I wanted to hit my computer monitor reading how Trevor failed to see how really easy it was to get bigger with Elongro, but he had his head too far up his ass to pay attention.   The worst was that it kept happening...  over and over.   No one can be that much of a moron, could they?  This was why I found it hard to read ultimately.   I like you felt the same but couldn't exactly articulate it as I have now.

Now, I  can say fuck Trevor and what he stands for.

I kinda want Trevor to fuck his life up more and take Elongro Silver...  let his bones turn brittle from the osteoporosis it creates for those who had previously taken Elongro and failed to follow instructions.   He's dumb enough to ignore the solutions to problems that are right in his face.  Trev actively CHOSE to fail.  The idiot should be up for a Darwin award.  It's so frustrating. 

-------

on another note...

The idea I had was the bones in an older guy would start to regrow from a change in the bone.  The old bone would die away being replaced with new bone.   Much like skin dies somewhat as it is closer to the surface.  This would in turn break the growth plates.  The new bone would be denser and able to hold more weight even as the old bone dies away.

Half baked idea...  what do you think?

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, ploder4 said:

Here's the issue...

It's not that it didn't or wouldn't have worked, it's the fact that Trevor never made it work.

Trev didn't lift or exercise.  He just wanted a quick and easy solution to get big.  Trev never put the effort in.  To compound that, he just pouted about how it didn't work on him the easy way and damned himself by taking another dose.  

There were several times I wanted to hit my computer monitor reading how Trevor failed to see how really easy it was to get bigger with Elongro, but he had his head too far up his ass to pay attention.   The worst was that it kept happening...  over and over.   No one can be that much of a moron, could they?  This was why I found it hard to read ultimately.   I like you felt the same but couldn't exactly articulate it as I have now.

Now, I  can say fuck Trevor and what he stands for.

I kinda want Trevor to fuck his life up more and take Elongro Silver...  let his bones turn brittle from the osteoporosis it creates for those who had previously taken Elongro and failed to follow instructions.   He's dumb enough to ignore the solutions to problems that are right in his face.  Trev actively CHOSE to fail.  The idiot should be up for a Darwin award.  It's so frustrating. 

-------

on another note...

The idea I had was the bones in an older guy would start to regrow from a change in the bone.  The old bone would die away being replaced with new bone.   Much like skin dies somewhat as it is closer to the surface.  This would in turn break the growth plates.  The new bone would be denser and able to hold more weight even as the old bone dies away.

Half baked idea...  what do you think?

I have to say, you are expressing the ideas and reasons for Trevor's failure in a way I didn't quite see at the time. I think I was so tied up with Trevor in his misery, that I didn't quite get that he was doing it all to himself. Although I did see and realize that Seth was absolutely making the most of his Elongro experience both with his diet and exercise and his attitude. I think I would actually be able to enjoy the story even more on a second complete read, which I've been planning to do, because I could read it without worrying about Trevor so much.

My goodness, surely Trevor wouldn't be dumb enough to try Silver, not after the effect the second dose had on him! I'm guilty on the front that I was pushing and pushing in comments for him to take the remaining dose, and boy did that blow up in my face, lol! I want to say the dangers of a second dose weren't as clearly mentioned, but that's probably me trying to excuse my own bad call. Anyway, I don't think an Elongro Silver story should include the original characters unless it's written by @dredlifter. Of course if he authorizes their use, then it would be cool to see them pop up, maybe in a small way.

That's a good explanation you gave for how to get around the closed growth plates issue. After all this is fiction. It doesn't have to actually work in the real world (although that would be awesome). It just has to seem plausible, and your explanation does. And by the way, I want you to write the story so bad that it hurts!