dredlifter

Amazing chapter, I really like the direction this story going. Everything is finally coming together.

I love how close Seth and Trev are getting. The things I'd do to be in either of their shoes...

This chapter was great! I love the development you've been giving Trevor and Seth lately, and especially the character development of Seth, he's quickly risen to one of my favorite characters of yours and has certainly redeemed himself throughout the story, looking forward to what you have planned next! ?

• Like 1

I like this, not my ideal but I like this. I great to see Seth be so reassuring toward Trevor about their friendship. That he recognize that he owns a lot of his new life two in and that he wants nothing more then Trevor to be a part of it. It's great that Trevor is starting to feel more secure in expressing how he feels and how his prerspective on the whole situation is changing for the better. 

It is a shame that Trevor ended up getting shorter but it was hinted at as being the most likely consequence for another dose. That said I am a but disappointed in Seth's small but obvious excited toward the matter. I know he get's off on how much bigger he is compared to Trevor but I would think that there would be some concern, I mean I know I am. Is Trevor going to shrink more or was it a one time thing?

I will say how happy I am to see Trevor though still struggling is trying to make the most of it. He knows he messed up and regrets it but also knows all he can do is move forward. I also like how his main concern is less on himself and how he shrunk/could be shrinking and more on his friendship with Seth which Seth thankfully reassures him is not going anywhere.

I do hope come next chapter or soon Jack (that's his name right) does something to Trevor that completely crosses the line and Seth comes in and gives him what he deserves. I want Brooke to be there and see Jack's real self and just dumps him right on the spot and apologises to Trevor for breaking up with him and she made a mistake. However I don't want them back together, Trevor deserves someone who will love no matter his size and doesn't care for the giants.

Ooof, I think that volleyball scene triggered some PTSD I didn't know I still had. So, to add some context, I was a very late bloomer. You'd never think it now, but until I was around 12 years old I was the second shortest in my class (yes, that's including all the girls). Basketball, volleyball and any sport really were fucking hell for me and I was a child playing with other children which are not exactly known for empathy and compassion. I think my aversion to the humiliation subgenre probably partly stems from these experiences.

That said, I really liked the part of this chapter where Trevor and Seth had a frank conversation and that Trev finally got to point out his contribution to Seth's growth.

I feel like you may have struggled with a lot of the content you put in here Dredlifter. This chapter was so. very. harsh....

Pre-phone call invite

This section helped restore my faith in Trevor achieving some sort of normal state of being. True, the half dose administration was really, really foolish but also extraordinarily realistic. Thank you for including the self questioning about sexuality and his very existence.

Jack's our Host....

I laughed out loud at this. Clearly, Trevor's a mindless masochist. And you signal very clearly the answer to Trevor's earlier question about blind infatuation with this:

11 hours ago, dredlifter said:

Seth chuckles deeply into the phone. It's so alpha and manly that Trevor finds it arousing. Of course, this helps push him over the edge and he relents and agrees to join.

He has no independent will left.  The unofficial icing on the cake with the clothing adjustment references locks us in for a vicious ride.

The entire meetup at Camp Jack was a perfect, delectable sequence, Dredlifter. Trish was a glorious addition, the shoe bit, Seth and doorways, the swap back and forth between their two points of view as they each try to gauge the other's size, even Jack was almost tolerable. It was hot, steamy, and delcious until we got to volleyball.

Your volleyball scene didn't make me cry, it made me angry.  Like furiously angry. 

Whether you meant it or not, Dredlifter, the volleyball game is where you transitioned from humiliation to outright cruelty. There were plenty of ways to throw Trevor something in this sequence but you chose not to and I'm not sure why. Why the hell couldn't he just do an underhand serve, especially if he was familiar with the game? Or, if Seth could serve for him, why couldn't he just do so at the beginning? His smaller height would be ideal for a save or two in the back row – the others would have been too tall to do it. True, he's too short to block at the net, but his shorter height makes him a perfect candidate to set up his taller teammates Seth or another one (allowing him to have more than only one friend in existence) at the net. He'd be relegated to being the sidekick of the Seth show, but at least he would have been engaged in what was happening. His final, dejected comment really cements the feel of the scene and it carries through and taints the rest of the chapter.

Even with the wardbrobe malfunction Seth plays on. Seth and Trevor's team rallies and eventually seals the deal, bringing home a win for team BIG SETH!

“I'm glad our team won, Seth...no thanks to me, though.”

"It's just a game dude. No worries."

Trevor smiles weakly back, "Height helps in volleyball for sure."

No mention of how Trevor is the one who actually had to struggle and still play on....  Is he leaner at least?  We think he's been going to the gym, but we don't get a lot of specifics until much later.  Trevor's a shadow in his own story now.  And really, not a single other person there spoke up or said anything about how brutal this was?! There is nothing left for Trevor to give us or you, Dredlifter, in terms of response - too much of him has already been taken away without anything given back in its place. It's like you're throwing acid darts into a lifeless, fightless bowl of jello. The hollow shell version of Trevor I've referenced a few times has come into existence by the end of the volleyball scene.

The meet up later is a brilliant passage of exposition, but it's so very empty with the lack of any spirit or will left in Trevor. We get so many honest, erotic confessions from each of them! The body language, the measurement, the outgrowing Trevor even while he's on a chair, would normally be stunningly perfect but instead they're all distant and muted by how little there is of Trevor's independence. Was that your intent?

Trevor blanches and makes a move to get away. But Seth simply chuckles and easily grabs him and throws him back on the bed. Unable to escape the giant, Seth reaches his big hands down and easily rips off Trevor's shorts. Seth's gasps as Trevor's own manhood is exposed. Seth is aghast at its size...or more accurately its lack thereof. 

"Oh shit, dude," Seth states incredulously and apologetically. Trevor looks terrified yet remains rock solid. "Sorry dude, but I gotta know." Seth's reaches down and grabs the tape. As he brings it near Trevor's penis he realizes that Trev's dick could fit in his entire palm. He runs the tape up the short shaft. "Woah, you really are small, dude. Just four and half inches."

Trevor hides his face in embarrassment, “Please don't tell anyone, Seth. Please!"

Seth sits on the bed and grabs his tiny friend in a side hug. "Sure, thing bro, this is between us."  Seth does his best to comfort his shrimpy friend.  "Now, Trev, we need to be honest with each. I remember seeing you dick back when were roommates and you were not that small. Hell, I swear you were bigger in the showers six weeks ago. Are you...smaller?"

Removed from the torture of the rest of the chapter, this is hot. as. hell.  It's also a spot where Trevor could have had a win. We already know that he's shrunk in height from all the references to it, but his dick could have grown in exchange. Instead we trade in our darts from the volleyball scene and launch a tactical nuke at the entirely defenseless bowl of Trevor-jello. As to the height shrinkage, that definitely should have come up in the side effects before now, especially with the extensive research Trevor tried to do before administering either dose to himself. Interestingly, you have them hard as rock and aroused for a lot of the measurement parts, but neither of them orgasms this time. I'm not sure if that was because you realized where you had arrived with your characters or if you're trying to give the deeply personal conversation the heavier emotional weight it deserves or perhaps a bit of both?

I really want to feel that this entire sequence is as touching you wrote it, Dredlifter but I can't, especially with this at the end:

This causes Trevor laugh and smile back at Seth. Seth then pulls Trevor in for a noogie. Trevor struggles but it's useless, like a toddler struggling against his Dad. He enjoys the manhandling and how Seth's giant muscles feel against his tight but tiny frame. His tears have stopped, and the weight has been lifted from his shoulders. Seth can tell his is much happier.

Sure, he's happier... only able to spontaneously smile mindlessly like a newborn. Trevor has now been so dis-empowered and eroded that he is entirely unable to function independently or even comprehend what happiness is. Trevor's psychological weight is lifted because, as of right now, he's an empty, glass shell desiring to be filled with nothing but Seth.  And Seth knows it.

I was going to wait to post anything about this chapter until we see the flip side of the Spring Break playout because this chapter feels almost... nihilistic.  I was utterly wrung out from it, even more so than the borderline rape-forced-comparison portions of Chapter 4.  It's a definite shift in tone and character development, but I'm not sure you captured what you wanted to.

There are a lot of threads you lay out that indicate where you 'might' go Dredlifter.  I know Elongro is based on a completed roleplay, but I hope you don't necessarily only go down the predictable paths.  Don't have the younger brother really be 5'10” exactly and blow Trevor's cover.  Give Trevor control over whether or not he's 'outed' as shrinking, if it even comes up at the Spring Break chapters beyond the admission to Seth.  Hell, maybe Jack's younger brother has been bullied forever and has come up with/located a counter agent to knock Jack down a peg.  Have a public acknowledgement that all of the attendees are on Elongro and destroy the statistic that only 25% of the population is affected.  Let Trevor be the Sword of Damocles hanging over their heads – what has happened to him could happen and does happen to any one of them at any time.  What if Trevor's reaction is contagious to everyone except Seth?  Don't have a cuck scene with Trevor – it would just be absurd overkill at this point.  Could Seth cuck Jack at this point?  Or either of them with someone else entirely?  Or have a reversal cuck scene where Trevor might actually get to be the bigger man through some extraordinary reversal or growth. Have Brooke and or Stacy surprise us and get a moral spine on Trevor's behalf.

Crush on Seth remains.  Crush on Trevor is a little diminished by his apparent mindless state.  Even though he shrunk a bit, an active, kinky Trevor would be totally crush-worthy.  Thank you for continuing to share Elongro, Dredlifter, even as it brings us to the brink. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loved this chapter. I love the way Seth has seemed to step by his protection of Trevor and has made it clear that he will always be there for him no matter what. 

I love the size comparison of not just Seth and Trevor but with all the others too. I am only 5”4 myself so I can understand how Trevor must be feeling being around these new giants. I get where Trevor’s head is at as with Seth as I also love to compare myself to  bigger guys and marvel at the size difference. 

As for jack he is really becoming a nasty piece of work . I think it’s time he was taken down a peg to two.

i also think that There would be a situation where brook gets  to see what he is really like.

I am still hopeful that Trevor seeks help, Or maybe Seth goes out his way to find help for Trevor. Tracks down the scientist that developed it and helps work,out why it is having a reverse effect on Trevor. 

My dream for Trevor is that he stabalized and starts to respond to the second dose. 

I cant wait till the next chapter ?

• Like 1

I think Trev may soon find out that it's going to be dangerous around these giants.  He can't go into that pool.  It's more than likely no less than 5 feet and the shallow end and so much deeper at the deep end. 

"Seth, I can't touch the bottom of the pool."  In the meantime Seth's chest is still way above the water line.

That and I could see Jack dunking Trev way too much. 

5 hours ago, anormorph said:

Whether you meant it or not, Dredlifter, the volleyball game is where you transitioned from humiliation to outright cruelty.

Naw.  Trevor is going to be fine.

Sure, he's happier... only able to spontaneously smile mindlessly like a newborn.

I feel like you're not giving Trevor enough credit.  Is he jealous as hell at the giants and completely infatuated with them?  Yes.  Is he a suicidally depressed robot.  Not even close.  Trevor is a lot tougher than you think.  

There are a lot of threads you lay out that indicate where you 'might' go Dredlifter.  I know Elongro is based on a completed roleplay, but I hope you don't necessarily only go down the predictable paths

I guess I'll leave you with this.  We are 10 chapters in and the tone and themes of each chapter have basically been the same.  If you expect these to now suddenly change you are going to be disappointed. 

• Like 2

Yes in the case of this story.  It's better to give the benefit of the doubt at this point.  If you don't it will drive you bonkers.  I found it interesting if you do, you'll see a whole flipside to this story.  There really are no conspiracy theories in this story against Trev.  It's all just plain douchbagginess.  Although I wonder about Jack, I think that problem may already be solved.