dredlifter

bradspencer hit it right on the head.  The giants are becoming a law and society on their own.  The little people are more out of sight and out of mind.  The giants are like the next step in evolution.  It would be natural that they become more distant from what used to be normal.  It looks like it's going to be a large society too. 

OMG, what if Trev's parents and Seth's parents took Elongro?  They are past puberty.  They would grow.  Could you imagine Seth's dad suddenly shooting up past Seth?  That would be really hot.  And Trev, would he be left behind by his parents for the same reason.  Would his mother treat Trev like he was a 10 year old again?  Would he have an older brother who would pick on him or slightly younger but ended puberty earlier?  Yikes the possibilities.

"I can put you over my knee again Seth so you better be good." 

I could also imagine a scene where the four giants enter an elevator and end up weighing more than the max capacity.  They tell Trev that he can use the elevator since he's little and weaker while the others bound up the stairwell beating Trev by a couple minutes. 

"What took you so long?"

I ultimately think Seth will put Trev to the side when he's around other giants only out of natural interaction (he still keeps his eye on Trev.  I think Seth feels a responsibility to make sure his little buddy is okay.  Maybe it's an inherent side effect to be protective of a little one?).   Once he's alone with Trev, Trev becomes the center of his attention. 

I also noticed that Seth is very open about putting his arm around Trev and etc.  It's almost as if he's claiming him in front of others as sort of saying "I own this guy."  Are all giants going to claim a little person of their own?

On the flip-side... I do think that it will ultimately end up as the giants leaving Trev behind.  Keep in mind, they are all in college and they will eventually go their separate ways.  Trev will obsessively wonder about them as Seth amazes people with his continuous increasing muscle and strength (although wasn't he going into construction or something?).  Giant sports will dominate the media.  Jack will become a pro at all sports, Brooke by his side advancing in her own ways as well.  Or they could end up in that corporate situation where one of the giants ends up Trev's boss.  Trev being capable of the job but constantly overlooked.  All of Trev's co-workers also being giants.  Trev becomes the charity case and they keep propping him up emotionally even though they really don't want to be bothered with him.  "Your position down there is just as important."  That is until Trev gets laid off because the little people end up in a world that grew around them.  They can't work with tools and accommodations made for giants.  Or will Trev be the only little person?

It's not a story about who won the lottery.  It's a story about who drew the short straw. 

As of current, dredlifter (by current story context) left the door open for Trev to grow after puberty ends.  Now whether Trev is permanently affected has yet to be seen.  I still think Trev becomes an Elongro lab rat.  They may see an opportunity to make and cure a new disease.  Probably use it as a weapon?

I also found an inconsistency unless I misread it.  Elongro is only supposed to work in one dose.  Hasn't Seth had more than one?  Jack and Brooke too?

16 minutes ago, ploder4 said:

I ultimately think Seth will put Trev to the side when he's around other giants only out of natural interaction (he still keeps his eye on Trev.  I think Seth feels a responsibility to make sure his little buddy is okay.  Maybe it's an inherent side effect to be protective of a little one?).   Once he's alone with Trev, Trev becomes the center of his attention. 

I also noticed that Seth is very open about putting his arm around Trev and etc.  It's almost as if he's claiming him in front of others as sort of saying "I own this guy."  Are all giants going to claim a little person of their own?

I can see that happening though I don't like as it really does show that they view him equal to a child since that is something one would do when talking to their peers and a child is around.

It may not be simple him claiming Trevor but also him letting others know not to mess with Trevor, that Trevor is under his protection. He may even think he comforting Trevor and making him feel more comfortable. Overall I'm getting big brother, kid brother vibes from their relationship.

24 minutes ago, DelaCrest said:

I can see that happening though I don't like as it really does show that they view him equal to a child since that is something one would do when talking to their peers and a child is around.

It may not be simple him claiming Trevor but also him letting others know not to mess with Trevor, that Trevor is under his protection. He may even think he comforting Trevor and making him feel more comfortable. Overall I'm getting big brother, kid brother vibes from their relationship.

Yes.  Dredlifter has posted about the relationship between Seth and Trev at this point as being akin to brothers.  You mess with your brothers, pick on your brothers, etc. But in the end when things go wrong, you are there for your brother.  But - brothers grow up and brothers can go separate ways.  Brothers can leave each other behind.  Do the "christmas card" once a year sort of thing.  I hope not.  I really do.  As I said, Trevor being abandoned and alone -- I can truly think of no sadder ending.  Death would be preferable to that (and I know Dredlifter doesnt write about death etc)

1 hour ago, bradspencer said:

Yes.  Dredlifter has posted about the relationship between Seth and Trev at this point as being akin to brothers.  You mess with your brothers, pick on your brothers, etc. But in the end when things go wrong, you are there for your brother.  But - brothers grow up and brothers can go separate ways.  Brothers can leave each other behind.  Do the "christmas card" once a year sort of thing.  I hope not.  I really do.  As I said, Trevor being abandoned and alone -- I can truly think of no sadder ending.  Death would be preferable to that (and I know Dredlifter doesnt write about death etc)

Although it has been displayed that Trev was better off when he wasn't with the giants.  But with the potential for a whole new world of giants, that will be hard to take.  Being left behind, being robbed of true potential and becoming obsolete are the worst things you can feel.  Trev sees so much potential in himself if he were a giant too.  But he will always be the "last one chosen" and that option will come only as a complete last resort, as in Trev has to be the last man on earth before he gets chosen for anything.  Trev may never get used to being helpless and useless. 

18 hours ago, dredlifter said:

It's great that Seth took his little buddy out to a basketball game

18 hours ago, dredlifter said:

"Oh, yes! Trevor. I forgot you were here. Good to see you again, how are you?"

19 hours ago, dredlifter said:

“See ya later, little guy!” he says with a smug grin.

I hate how condesending Brooke and Jack are to Trevor. They were total Ass holes.

II have no doubt Seth wanted to do that with Trevor. He wanted Trevor to see how big he realy is and that morning wood was just the perfect chance. The nody worship ti's just one step ahead.

I dont ant Trevor to take another dose. he should go to a Dr. first someone that has work with the formula so he can have a better understanding. Someone that tells him that the  Elongro works according his state of mind.If he sees himself being smaller then he will not grow. 

I found funny even Jack noticed Stacy is gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ro20316 said:

I hate how condesending Brooke and Jack are to Trevor. They were total Ass holes

I agree with you but ... I dont know if I blame them.  Yes it was total asshole behavior- though Seth only seems to see it from Jack and not Brooke.  But he was little better ignoring Trev totally.  He used to try and include Trev with the giants but no more.  Maybe it was his way to try and protect Trev.

But Brooke and Jack - they view themselves as superior now.  And what is more they are.  Physically at least.  Morally, spiritually not so much.  That is a different question.  We know how Jack acts around normal men.  We know how Seth sees normals from the bar and how he gets off on it.  I'd be curious to see how Brooke treats normals.  That could be telling if it was just Trev being there or something more.

Okay, am I the only one that's getting slightly uncomfortable with this "tall and strong" people are superior to "the normals" nonsense? I feel like we're heading towards eugenics and "master race" territory and I'm not cool with it.

1 hour ago, Elky said:

Okay, am I the only one that's getting slightly uncomfortable with this "tall and strong" people are superior to "the normals" nonsense? I feel like we're heading towards eugenics and "master race" territory and I'm not cool with it.

No, you're not.  And I think that eugenics is farthest from Dredlifters mind.  It is just how it kind of feels from the narrative sometimes.   Nothing like Master Race territory tho.  Not even close.  And I think Dredlifter would hate that perception of moving into THOSE meanings.  I'm not one to see Elongro ever going past very small doses to a few people.  But how they treat others at least in one small snippet isnt quite "humane" and  normal is it?  The inner monologues have the undercurrent of looking down on normals.  That they are better than others, thay their physicality makes them better than normals.  The power trip we've seen for many chapters.  That said, we only have one dialogue and some humiliation of Trev to go on, and we know his vision of things isn't always trustworthy.

5 minutes ago, bradspencer said:

No, you're not.  It is just how it kind of feels from the narrative.  Nothing like Master Race territory.  I'm not one to see Elongro ever going past very small doses to a few people.  But how they treat others at least in one small snippet isnt quite "humane" and  normal is it?  The inner monologues have the undercurrent of looking down on normals.  That they are better than others, thay their physicality makes them better than normals.  The power trip we've seen for many chapters.  That said, we only have one dialogue and some humiliation of Trev to go on, and we know his vision of things isn't always trustworthy.

Plus, Elongro is supposed to be effective on anyone past puberty.  The giants also CAN prove they are superior in many ways and it's not just talk.  They really don't have to say anything to the little people in order to communicate that to them.  The giants can just simply walk into the room and it's all understood immediately. 

Though I'd still like to see the effect it has on family members.  I wonder if Seth's dad would grow just like him?

This story feels like it has nuances of "Outgrown by Dad" in it.  Reaching a certain age qualifies you for muscle growth and alphadom.

1 hour ago, ploder4 said:

Plus, Elongro is supposed to be effective on anyone past puberty.  The giants also CAN prove they are superior in many ways and it's not just talk.  They really don't have to say anything to the little people in order to communicate that to them.  The giants can just simply walk into the room and it's all understood immediately. 

Though I'd still like to see the effect it has on family members.  I wonder if Seth's dad would grow just like him?

This story feels like it has nuances of "Outgrown by Dad" in it.  Reaching a certain age qualifies you for muscle growth and alphadom.

I still stick with it.  This is  not any sort of eugenics, Master race business.  Anything like that.  They're just starting to view normals as beneath them, pardon the pun.  And in most stories that has a way of crashing down when its seen.  And again, we have very short snippets.  Of what even Seth calls douche behavior.  I think that the giants are full of themselves, on a power trip, and at least where Trev is concerned and what he had seen Jack do, act in a superiority complex way.  But again.  Dredlifter makes clear that even Trevor sees it as natural because they are so tall and strong.  If Trevor of all people can acknowledge it through the pain, we should give Dredlifter the benefit of the doubt that this "superiority" is not what he meant AT ALL.  But I'd say similar to other stories he has written Like Daddys Final Glory Days. That WAS NOT eugenics or master race bull.