dredlifter

5 hours ago, muscledrain said:

I am so aggravated. It feels like Seth is doing domination roleplay continuously but without any consent. It's like he's going by the dom handbook but without knowing that Trev is a submissive who likes to be humiliated. I have such mixed feelings over the lack of clarity in how he treats Trev and why he would say such cruel things about his dick size. Seth has lost respect with me for that. The line about not being able to please Brooke because of his small dick was just fucked up, unless Seth only said that in the hopes that will somehow get Trev to be more amenable to becoming his newest sexual conquest.

I noticed the same thing, and I know people here play pretty fast and loose with the rules of consent, but what happened in the shower this chapter was definitely sexual assault. Like if Trevor was brave enough to report Seth he could have him suspended.

I don't normally comment but this story is seriously driving me mad. I knew humiliation would play a big part on this and that those around Trev wouldn't take note of his feeling because of their own enjoyment of what's happening to them but I was hoping that there would be an shift where they realise that they are hurting him with their comments and have been brushing off his feeling to the side.

Chapter 7 made me believe that Seth would start to take more notice in what he says and I didn't expect it to be immediate but progressive at least. However after reading this latest chapter I can't stand Seth. I can understand the booster seat and him not thinking it as being that big of a deal and just him trying to solve a problem but the shower scene killed any hopes I had of him showing that he is a true friend. The comments about Trev's dick not being big enough to satisfy Brooke and how he thought the only reason she was even still with him was because he at least had to be hung shows that even before the breakup he believed that Trev wasn no longer good enough to be with Brooke. And I'd be willing to accept that it was a slip of the tongue, that Trev was never meant to know what he actually thought of his and Brooke's relationship but he doesn't take a step back and try bangage the wound he instead keeps digging by comparing himself to Trev and clearly taking immense pleasure out of it.

Honestly if Seth doesn't step up as a friend then I just have to stop reading because at this point the story is now in territory where I get nothing out of it. I don't even need Trev to start growing but I need to see that Seth is what he claims to be, a friend. Also the story is about Trev, he is our hero in this is he not? I can understand him having to face adversity and pain but where is his victory? Will he have his moment to shine? Will his "friends" apologize and show remorse in their words and actions and be back at his side only for him then to get the victory he desires or this story just continue to spiral downward for our should be hero? Will it be instead that Trev get's what he desires to only then be accepted by his tormentors but only because they now view him as an equal and not lesser and he in turn joins them in their belittling and torment of others. The latter this I refuse to accept as a valid ending for Trev.

One last thing, the pizza guy? Why the comment of him believing Trev to be Seth's younger brother? Trev is still an adult and though shorter then Seth I see no excuse for another, who I assume is of regular stature, to view Trev as only possibly being Seth's little brother. This portion in itself felt like it was tacked on only to feed into Trev's insecurity and make him feel lesser still.

Edit: This story gave me the same feeling I had for "Dad's Lost Glory Years" at the beginning where the dad started tl experience insane growth and though moments humiliation and domination toward the son did occur the father would always reinforce that his son was his number one and though he would have his moments he never went too far and always made sure his son was okay and in a healthy state of mind that their relationship was in a good place and eventually the son got enjoyment in seeing his father progress further and looked at his father with respect and admiration. This is what I'd had hope to see in this story that instead of Trev's and Seth's relationship plummting they would get closer and reminded themselves that their friendship is the most important part in all this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DelaCrest said:

Chapter 7 made me believe that Seth would start to take more notice in what he says and I didn't expect it to be immediate but progressively. However after reading this latest chapter I can't stand Seth. I can understand the booster seat and him not thinking it as being that big of a deal and just him trying to solve a problem but the shower scene killed any hopes I had of him showing that he is a true friend. The comments about his dick not being big enough to satisfy Brooke and how he thought the only reason she was even still with him was because he at least had to be hung shows that even before the breakup believed that Trev wasn no longer good enough to be with Brooke. And I'd be willing to accept that it was a slip of the tongue, that Trev was never meant to know what he actually thought of his and Brooke's relationship but he doesn't take a step back and try bangage the wound he instead keeps digging by comparing himself to Trev and clearly taking immense pleasure out of it.

I totally agree.  I mean there was the little blurb about the two talking about Stacey and Brooke when they were eating pizza.  Why? I can see how Trev might ask how they were but that still feels a bit wrong considering how he feels about Brooke.  I cant help but conclude Seth did it, and I do not know why except to start in on Trev.

But what he let out about the only reason Brooke stayed with you and the like about how "Brooke stopped sleeping with you"  (and not the other way around as the breakup scene led us to believe.) It all sounded totally purposeful on the giants part.  That the breakup was premeditated and that Seth approved.  I felt like Brooke was in fact cheating but I thought Seth just didn't know.  Until this.  This felt like a betrayal.  That the "puppet" for the giants to show off their power line is all Seth thinks of Trev.

An accidental thought or word or careless item is one thing.  There are SO MANY that this cant be carelessness.  This is intentional and it has ruined Seth for me short of something monumental.  And ... I just cant see it.  In a way, Seth is worse than Jack.  At least Jack is upfront about what he does.  Seth feels incideous like an abuser.  And that all he said in Chapter 7 was a lie to keep Trev on the hook and that he knows Trev cant resist him.

I've been loving these last few chapters for the development with Trev's en Seth's characters. The idea that some nobody has grown up to be big man on campus and the alpha wherever he goes continues to be extremely hot. Love the fact that Seth is turning into such a handsome stud.

That said, I think I kind of have to agree with the comments above, Seth is definitely entering abusive behaviour. He acknowledges that Seth's confession took a lot of guts to put forward in part 7, but then actively uses that information to humiliate Trev in part 8. The fact that Trevor get's off on the behaviour doesn't make it okay for a friend to do, not without their explicit consent. I'll emphasize it's absolutely fine to make Seth and abusive dipshit, but then the story (and Trevor) have to recognise and notice Seth's toxicity. The story so far has sketched the two friends as being on equal moral footing (The 'you're just being jealous' remarks come to mind) while it's becoming increasingly clear Seth is using their friendship as a way to make himself shine even brighter and being the abuser.

I'd also stress that the reason you've got so many comments is because of you're enormous talent as a writer Dred, people are just so easily drawn into these characters you've created because of it. Hope that sort of explains me adding my comment to the rapidly growing pile analysing Seth's behaviour :P 

I still want to hold out hope for Seth SOMEHOW redeeming himself.  Although considering Trev's near brainwashed state, it will be easy for Seth to do.  Something dramatic is going to happen at the basketball game.  I know Trev will be traumatized by it, I think he may finally lose it then.  

Seth's commentary in the gym was very abusive.  it's also confirmed that the reason he does it is to make himself feel bigger.  One reason is because that power may lead him to bigger lifts and better performance.  Used abused and then to be thrown to the curb when he serves no more use.  The alphas stick together and everyone else follows.  Trev has no place among them and should just go away.  He may have to transfer out.  He did do better when he was totally on his own.  It may be the only solution. 

3 hours ago, AdonisObsessed said:

I'd also stress that the reason you've got so many comments is because of you're enormous talent as a writer Dred, people are just so easily drawn into these characters you've created because of it. Hope that sort of explains me adding my comment to the rapidly growing pile analysing Seth's behaviour :P 

Haha pile on all you want!  It's ok.  I still think Seth is hot.  

I don't see Seth nearly as cruel as so many of you do.  And that's ok, as I've said before, it's so interesting to see how everyone interprets the story.  That being said, I'll try to soften him for some of you.  It probably won't work, but so be it, lol. 

I think again it's important to remember that Seth is also in a new position.  Being the huge, incredibly attractive, powerful and yet unintentionally intimidating and dominating figure.  When Seth pointed out Trevor's cock in the shower, he did it in a surprised manner.  It just slipped out.  I don't see that Seth saw Trevor's dick and shouted, "HAHA YOU ARE SO TINY!  LOSER!".  I see it more as something that unintentionally slipped out just due to his sheer surprise.  Like what happens when you see somebody you haven't seen for years, and they are now fatter and you accidentally say, "you've put on weight."  Also, I want to point Seth did NOT get mad that Trevor was hard in the shower.  He was just surprised. 

Then, there's also the fact, does Trevor truly have a small cock, or is it that Seth's is so BIG that his perception is warped?  Sort of like how Trevor feels like a shrimp, when really he average or even slightly above average height. 

Since the majority of the story is taken from Trevor's POV, we don't get a lot of insightful details into Seth's thinking.  In the intent of the story Seth does NOT set out to truly humiliate Trevor.  But that doesn't mean Seth, from his new perspective as a muscle giant, isn't naive to some of the things he does that makes Trevor feel small.  

One commentor a while back posted something I thought was awesome, they said that they saw Trevor and Seth sort of like two brothers.  I think that is a great description.  Brothers will fight, tease each other, say the worst and most horrible things to each other...but in the end they love each other and have each others' backs.  

Finally, one VERY important thing I want to point out.  In the shower scene, Trevor was hard the entire time.  Seth has also noticed Trevor's arousal at other times when his size is flaunted over Trevor.  Perhaps Seth realizes that Trevor likes the size play, even if Trevor doesn't.

Just some thoughts.  Enjoy!?

• Like 4

Don't soften Seth on our accounts.  Do what you must.  I think it's just frustrating that when we finally feel we know Seth, we are thrown for a loop.  As I said, I WANT Seth to be redeemable.  I did also notice that all this happened when they were in the gym not outside it.  Maybe it's an un-containable bro thing urge rearing it's ugly head?

• Like 2

Last night I dreamt that Seth decided to sleep with Trevor to get his Elongro to reset.  (At least that’s what he told himself.)

The very fact that this story is so engrossing and has so much back and forth and character discussion shows your talent as a writer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dredlifter said:

Haha pile on all you want!  It's ok.  I still think Seth is hot.  

I don't see Seth nearly as cruel as so many of you do.  And that's ok, as I've said before, it's so interesting to see how everyone interprets the story.  That being said, I'll try to soften him for some of you.  It probably won't work, but so be it, lol. 

I think again it's important to remember that Seth is also in a new position.  Being the huge, incredibly attractive, powerful and yet unintentionally intimidating and dominating figure.  When Seth pointed out Trevor's cock in the shower, he did it in a surprised manner.  It just slipped out.  I don't see that Seth saw Trevor's dick and shouted, "HAHA YOU ARE SO TINY!  LOSER!".  I see it more as something that unintentionally slipped out just due to his sheer surprise.  Like what happens when you see somebody you haven't seen for years, and they are now fatter and you accidentally say, "you've put on weight."  Also, I want to point Seth did NOT get mad that Trevor was hard in the shower.  He was just surprised. 

Then, there's also the fact, does Trevor truly have a small cock, or is it that Seth's is so BIG that his perception is warped?  Sort of like how Trevor feels like a shrimp, when really he average or even slightly above average height. 

Since the majority of the story is taken from Trevor's POV, we don't get a lot of insightful details into Seth's thinking.  In the intent of the story Seth does NOT set out to truly humiliate Trevor.  But that doesn't mean Seth, from his new perspective as a muscle giant, isn't naive to some of the things he does that makes Trevor feel small.  

One commentor a while back posted something I thought was awesome, they said that they saw Trevor and Seth sort of like two brothers.  I think that is a great description.  Brothers will fight, tease each other, say the worst and most horrible things to each other...but in the end they love each other and have each others' backs.  

Finally, one VERY important thing I want to point out.  In the shower scene, Trevor was hard the entire time.  Seth has also noticed Trevor's arousal at other times when his size is flaunted over Trevor.  Perhaps Seth realizes that Trevor likes the size play, even if Trevor doesn't.

Just some thoughts.  Enjoy!?

Dont change a THING about them as you see this playing out.  Stick to your story.  As much as it is shocking, you've engaged people.  Emotional investment like this I WISHA I COULD GET for my writing.  These are your characters.  You see into their minds and actions in a way we do not yet. 

Even though I'm very down on Seth right now, I still hope he can balance out and be BMOC, be who he is, but just a little more caring openly one day.

That and I hope Trev doesn't get brutalized in the process though he may.

That's my wish list.  Next, lol.