dredlifter

44 minutes ago, Kymuscleboy said:

I'm not referring to Brooke breaking up with Trevor as the reason why I've come to loathe her. I think that was inevitable and as much Trevor's fault as hers. I'm referring to her belittling remarks at the basketball game. She knows (or should know) they are going to make Trevor feel even more inferior and less confident. She referred to him as Seth's "little buddy," she talked about how "fulfilling" sex was with Jack, and that's when she acknowledged Trevor's existence at the ball game in the first place. Any woman who dated a guy for over a year would not treat him that way without intending to hurt him. All this after the old, "I still want us to be friends" remark and telling him that his lack of confidence and obsession with height was the reason for her leaving him.

I'm not going to try and guess as to whether she was cheating on him with Jack before their break-up, and I don't think it matters too much at this point. I will say that if she did, I doubt it was until after Jack started his own growth spurt. 

I accidentally deleted from your quote, but I'm also quite surprised that Trevor was able to recover after the emasculation in the shower. I think that as long as it comes from Seth, he kind of enjoys it. If he stops to think about things, he will realize that at 6.5 inches long, he's still quite a bit above average in the penile department. 

Did anyone have thoughts on the questions I posted? I know it's late in the game, and (hopefully) almost time for another chapter, but I would really like some thoughts on these.

I agree with you totally about Brooke.  No other explanation for what she did and said.  Moreover, part of me really believes Seth knew she'd do it.  Seth deciding against inviting Javk, talking to Trev about Brooke and Stacey the first night of the weekend.  AND never defending him though he knew what they BOTH did was wrong.  And I'm convinced she was cheating before the end with Jack.  That was all too fast.

To your questions -

1) I do think it was partly Trev's perception that people were taller at the game.  He is an inch shorter. And though I think he may have bounced back a bit, the crying at the gym. Too fast to get over.  I think Seth is more correct - being an athletic event that it was just more athletic students who would attend.  That and basketball would lend itself to more athletic, generally taller students.

2)  Hard to say about that.  Maybe continuity or a plot point Dred will bring out later.  Dont want to speculate yet.

3/4) The multi dosing and Trev not having finished puberty is just people speculating why the stuff didnt work with him while it did so much more than even the manufacturer said it should with all his friends who took it.

Dredlifter sort of addressed this by saying what happened to the giants in this way was like winning the lottery.  Should never have happened normally but it did, which gives us our storyline.  

5 hours ago, Kymuscleboy said:

A couple of questions

1.  Mostly it's perception on Trevor's part.  He's shorter than he remembers and he's now more acute in paying attention to people's sizes.   

2.  If I said there was one dose left after Jack took his that was an error.  My bad. 

3.  3/4.  Elongro is intended to work with one dose, like a vaccine.  Anything else is speculation.  The speculation may be right...and it may be wrong.  ?

Also, regarding Brooke, I can say that she wasn't intentionally targetting Trevor with her comments.  So much of this story is based on perception.  When she's with Seth and Jack and Stacy, all the other little people are so far below them (in stature) that the giants almost ignore them.    Remember, Brooke practically forgot that Trevor was there as the giants chatted.  

• Like 1

Oh to be a fly on the wall when Seth, Stacy, Jack and Brooke are alone without Trev...

I wonder what they say behind his back.  I pretty much assume it's the same... although i wonder if one of them would put Trev down as in "He's such a cry baby."  Or would they be concerned?  "Trev's actually shrinking?  I hope he's okay."

1 hour ago, ploder4 said:

Oh to be a fly on the wall when Seth, Stacy, Jack and Brooke are alone without Trev...

I wonder what they say behind his back.  I pretty much assume it's the same... although i wonder if one of them would put Trev down as in "He's such a cry baby."  Or would they be concerned?  "Trev's actually shrinking?  I hope he's okay."

Given what Dredlifter just said, I wonder if Trevor would even register with them at all.  Any of them.

5 minutes ago, bradspencer said:

Given what Dredlifter just said, I wonder if Trevor would even register with them at all.  Any of them.

True, out of sight out of mind.  Although I would assume they would eventually have to recognize the small people when they start tripping over them.  lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, muscledrain said:

Part of the thing about this story that makes it stand out is it posits a what if world. Normally, any given society is going to attach shame and guilt to a lot of the behaviors that we are seeing. The only times this kind of behavior would go unnoticed or unchecked is an insulated society, such as a cult or possibly a fraternity or a group that wanted total amnesty from the general rules of society that everyone has to abide by. That is to say, recognition of emotion, recognition of the value of each individual, recognition of inflicting emotional damage or language that could only be interpreted as damaging, rude, humiliating, or even pathological. What this story does is it takes you into a world or a group where none of those normal rules apply. It lifts them away and says okay, what if you had beautiful giants that were so taken with their beauty and power that narcissism became secondhand, normalized behavior? 

Even in domination / BDSM culture, there is the knowledge that extending that kind of power over someone publicly without consent or explanation is welcoming oversight, commentary from those around you in public, shame/guilt, confrontation, or even outright disgust. There is no one calling any of these people out, so it feels out of place. There is no one telling them to hold back on their emotional instincts towards public views on their own superiority. And there's no awareness for the potential for that commentary or reaction. In any culture, it would be deemed one thing to have a superior attitude when you're the biggest one in your sport or you're proving your worth somehow. It's one thing to be arrogant or proud of your body. It's another to hear these people be so taken with themselves that they don't even theorize it could be taken the wrong way. There's no self-monitoring. There's no fear of being criticized by anyone normal or by society in general. That lack of fear also feels out of place. Most people who are not psychopaths/sociopaths are going to have that fear of rubbing people the wrong way, or fear misinterpretation of what they could say about themselves. Most people are not going to be so unaware of the rules society has about having some degree of humility. One example of this is in the UK, where people have a much more casual attitude towards celebrity culture. Over in the UK, it's a lot more common to want to see famous actors as being no better than anyone else, and British actors will often go out of their way to make sure people know that they have had experiences where people "take the piss out of them" and take them down a peg if their egos are too high, or even if they aren't. And there's a genuine desire for self-deprecation, which, although it exists in the US, is a bit stronger in England. 

So, yeah. This story has the feeling of an alternate universe and I have just been approaching it that way since the beginning.

It kinda does feel that way... you kinda just have to get over the fact that it's supposed to be normal to them.  But in this case, it feels like there may be a natural separation between Seth and Trev.  The giants being so into themselves and their power, they will sort of exalt themselves.  Either they will go off on their own to "conquer the world" with their abilities, superhuman strength, height, charm... whatever (dominate in sports, occupations etc.) or they will gain a following.  Some small people treating them like gods (which would probably be an "and" and not an "either").  This is a frustrating story, but I can't not read more of it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, muscledrain said:

Part of the thing about this story that makes it stand out is it posits a what if world. Normally, any given society is going to attach shame and guilt to a lot of the behaviors that we are seeing. The only times this kind of behavior would go unnoticed or unchecked is an insulated society, such as a cult or possibly a fraternity or a group that wanted total amnesty from the general rules of society that everyone has to abide by. That is to say, recognition of emotion, recognition of the value of each individual, recognition of inflicting emotional damage or language that could only be interpreted as damaging, rude, humiliating, or even pathological. What this story does is it takes you into a world or a group where none of those normal rules apply. It lifts them away and says okay, what if you had beautiful giants that were so taken with their beauty and power that narcissism became secondhand, normalized behavior?

Love this commentary

But I don't think it goes that far from the 'real world'. Half of the craziness we can read on gossip pages to history books comes from this increasing lack of empathy. The lack of empathy and alienation that Power creates. All the kings that went mad, the czars and emperors that got killed, superstars that committed stupid crimes, comes from the 'bubble of reality' they come to live until it pops. It is maintained by enablers. The entourage, the yesmen, the manipulators, the interests and the agenda behind each one of them.  

The only consensus about Nero and Caligula biographies is that they were generous and reasonable guys at the beginning of their respective crazy reigns.  

People love to say that power corrupts, I'd say that power blinds people from the truth. Once you have power, others will follow you even if you are evidently wrong, even if you are getting crazy with it, or even if you are a self-proclaimed god like Caligula. That's when 'normal rules' from society don't apply anymore, the craziness get normalized.

I'd even say that Trevor is an 'enabler'. The more he endures this humiliation, more he is feeding the growing narcissistic ego of Seth. Trevor should have called out on him, his ex, Jack on their crass behavior, but intimidation stops him and awe keeps him there.

Trevor should run away, the more he stays, more he enables them.

One thing are messages on social media inflating one's ego, other thing is your best friend and everyone that you know are doing it.   

• Like 3

5 hours ago, merehuman said:

I'd even say that Trevor is an 'enabler'. The more he endures this humiliation, more he is feeding the growing narcissistic ego of Seth. Trevor should have called out on him, his ex, Jack on their crass behavior, but intimidation stops him and awe keeps him there.

While I agree with your analysts I wonder if this would really change things at this point. (Ch. 9) 

Let's say that Trev calls them out at this point.  Will it change ANY of them? If they acknowledge Trev at all, it will just be Brooke starting to lay into him about being jealous of them (again) and between her, Jack, and yes, even Seth they would destroy him. (If not physically,  then humiliate him so thoroughly that they may as well have beat him to a pulp.  Just imagine Jack picking up Trev afoot off the ground with one hand with Brooke laughing and mocking him in front of that entire arena of people. They could easily physically do it.  And that is just one thing of dozens I can think of that would level what was left of Trev without ever actually hitting him) And then I believe Jack and Brooke would go along and truly feel nothing about what they had done.  Trev is "beneath them." And Seth demonstrates he will go along with it all, even if he has certain qualms, as he certainly doesnt seem to try to stop any of it or protect Trev from any of it except for some throw away line AFTER the act that just is another ego line from Seth.

If Trev runs away it doesn't change the giants and Trev never deals with his problem.  So, again, it changes nothing.

If Trev had attempted this much earlier then maybe.  But now, they literally ignore his existence.  And when you're dehumanized as a person or group as Trev is at the game, we see all too often what that leads too.

I wonder if there will ever be a point in this story where Trev, if ever so briefly, would be the one to comfort Seth and be there in a moment of need.  They may be giants, but they have feelings too...  Something to solidify Trev's importance to Seth and maybe fuel more of Trev's addiction to stick with the giants.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bradspencer said:

I agree with you totally about Brooke.  No other explanation for what she did and said.  Moreover, part of me really believes Seth knew she'd do it.  Seth deciding against inviting Javk, talking to Trev about Brooke and Stacey the first night of the weekend.  AND never defending him though he knew what they BOTH did was wrong.  And I'm convinced she was cheating before the end with Jack.  That was all too fast.

To your questions -

1) I do think it was partly Trev's perception that people were taller at the game.  He is an inch shorter. And though I think he may have bounced back a bit, the crying at the gym. Too fast to get over.  I think Seth is more correct - being an athletic event that it was just more athletic students who would attend.  That and basketball would lend itself to more athletic, generally taller students.

2)  Hard to say about that.  Maybe continuity or a plot point Dred will bring out later.  Dont want to speculate yet.

3/4) The multi dosing and Trev not having finished puberty is just people speculating why the stuff didnt work with him while it did so much more than even the manufacturer said it should with all his friends who took it.

Dredlifter sort of addressed this by saying what happened to the giants in this way was like winning the lottery.  Should never have happened normally but it did, which gives us our storyline.  

Thank you for your comments on Brooke and for addressing my questions. I thought it was mostly Trevor's perception about the other students' height at the game, but when Seth said it, it made me wonder. Dredlifter addressed the second issue and multi dosing thing. I'm glad the other stuff is speculation. I was wondering if I missed something. I can't wait for the next chapter!

16 hours ago, dredlifter said:

1.  Mostly it's perception on Trevor's part.  He's shorter than he remembers and he's now more acute in paying attention to people's sizes.   

2.  If I said there was one dose left after Jack took his that was an error.  My bad. 

3.  3/4.  Elongro is intended to work with one dose, like a vaccine.  Anything else is speculation.  The speculation may be right...and it may be wrong.  ?

Also, regarding Brooke, I can say that she wasn't intentionally targetting Trevor with her comments.  So much of this story is based on perception.  When she's with Seth and Jack and Stacy, all the other little people are so far below them (in stature) that the giants almost ignore them.    Remember, Brooke practically forgot that Trevor was there as the giants chatted.  

1.  That's what I thought, but when Seth agreed it made me wonder.

2. It's a super small error for a long story. Actually, I went back to Chapter One, and it does clearly say just five doses. I think what was throwing us was that it was $1,200.00, but Trevor only charged  each person $200.00 for their dose. BUT, he also says that $200.00 is not the full cost. Still, I think that led me, and probably others, to think there were six doses. 

3. This is a burning question, and it has me so excited for the next few chapters!

Oh, dredlifter. I can't decide if you don't know women at all or if you know them far better than you realize.  You might write with the intention that Brooke has no ill will with her comments, but if you have two sisters and have worked primarily with women for 15 years, you can't help but read more into Brooke's comments. Women don't say things without knowing how they want to be perceived. The fact that she forgot that the guy she dated for over a year was even there also adds insult to her injury. Most women I know would be acutely aware that a guy they just broke up with a month ago was present, even if he was the size of a mouse. 

10 hours ago, merehuman said:

Love this commentary

But I don't think it goes that far from the 'real world'. Half of the craziness we can read on gossip pages to history books comes from this increasing lack of empathy. The lack of empathy and alienation that Power creates. All the kings that went mad, the czars and emperors that got killed, superstars that committed stupid crimes, comes from the 'bubble of reality' they come to live until it pops. It is maintained by enablers. The entourage, the yesmen, the manipulators, the interests and the agenda behind each one of them.  

The only consensus about Nero and Caligula biographies is that they were generous and reasonable guys at the beginning of their respective crazy reigns.  

People love to say that power corrupts, I'd say that power blinds people from the truth. Once you have power, others will follow you even if you are evidently wrong, even if you are getting crazy with it, or even if you are a self-proclaimed god like Caligula. That's when 'normal rules' from society don't apply anymore, the craziness get normalized.

One thing are messages on social media inflating one's ego, other thing is your best friend and everyone that you know are doing it.   

That is some pretty deep societal commentary and right on the mark. 

As for Trevor running away, I don't know if that's the  best solution for him. It might get him out of the situation where he constantly feels inadequate, but he would forever feel as if he gave up. That sense of defeat could follow him forever. 

• Like 1