dredlifter

Yeah, I'm also glad dredlifter made it clear that he doesn't mind the commentary.  Some authors don't like this.  But some readers need to vent.  Maybe if there were a comment thread separate from the story for those that don't like it?  That way if the author doesn't want to see it they have the option not to read it much like we have the option not to read the story should we need to vent about it's completely totally excellent engrossing content that fuels such high emotions.  :P

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dredlifter said:

He benched two 225 lbs dumbbells, one in each hand.  Thus he was dumbbell benching 450. 

16 hours ago, ploder4 said:

But that's for reps.  What would his 1 rep max be?  (probably "able to lift and crush his parents shed" strong).  :P

Yeah, I was thinking of ploder's earlier comment about what the one rep max would be (for a different exercise) given the number of reps Seth did at 225. At any rate, he's getting freaking strong! And given the control required to control dumbbells, I'm sure his barbell bench is even better. 

7 hours ago, ploder4 said:

Yeah, I'm also glad dredlifter made it clear that he doesn't mind the commentary.

I like the commentary.  Especially for long breaks like this one.  Otherwise every comment would be "bump" or "When's the next part gonna be posted?"

The comments keep y'all distracted ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kymuscleboy said:

Yeah, I was thinking of ploder's earlier comment about what the one rep max would be (for a different exercise) given the number of reps Seth did at 225. At any rate, he's getting freaking strong! And given the control required to control dumbbells, I'm sure his barbell bench is even better. 

Very true.  Because of the balance it's a lot harder to calculate a true 1RM for dumbells press. 

But I was taught a way to at least estimate between db and bb for bench.  I was taught that roughly every +45 in db weight was a set of 45 plates on a bar. (45 dbs are roughly 135 lbs on barbell bench, for example).  

By that reckoning, that would translate into a 495 flat barbell bench for Seth for those reps (225÷45=5 plates per side.) Giving him a 1RM of 673 lbs on flat barbell bench.  Rough guide.  But it sorta fits what I've seen. 

(BTW - The world record flat bench press being 1075 lbs.  So Seth is wildly powerful but not in world record territory ... yet)

I keep checking like twice a day to see if the next chapter is up. 

You are an amazing author. It’s shows with all these comments. 

I am Loving the size difference thing. I personally love standing next to taller body builders and comparing them to myself. 

And I think they get a kick out of it too. Looking down at me.

I can only imagine the feelings both Trevor and Seth are having. 

I would love for Seth to maybe be in a situation where he has no weights to train with and decides to use Trevor for a light session. 

I hope that in the future there is something that happens that makes it clear that Trevor is off limits to people bullying him and that Seth is going to protect him no matter what. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bradspencer said:

By that reckoning, that would translate into a 495 flat barbell bench for Seth for those reps (225÷45=5 plates per side.) Giving him a 1RM of 673 lbs on flat barbell bench.  Rough guide.  But it sorta fits what I've seen. 

(BTW - The world record flat bench press being 1075 lbs.  So Seth is wildly powerful but not in world record territory ... yet)

You bring up a good point about this as well.  Right now Seth is very muscular, yes, but he's not freaky on a muscle size level.  His freakiness comes from the fact that he has the level of muscularity he has while being so freakin' tall.  The point being, Seth's body still has plenty of room to pack on even more muscle proportionally.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, studio77 said:

I keep checking like twice a day to see if the next chapter is up.

I'm working on it, but it will be probably tomorrow night or even Saturday before it gets posted.

• Like 1

Ok, so I have three "endgame scenarios" that I think this story will end...

Good End:  Trev will become a mini muscle man.  Seth will call him "mini me."

"Meh" End:  Trev will be his normal proportions, but probably over a foot shorter, and definitely weaker by scale.  His situation will at least be validated.

Bad End:  Trev will be hospitalized with a degenerating condition caused by the Elongro.  He will have a body under 4 feet tall and little to no strength.  His body abilities will be equivalent to a 90 year old with the same ailments.  Or hospitalized at an Elongro lab where they try to figure out the cause of the side effect.  In order to save his life the have to infuse him full of a myostatin variant which will make his muscles shrink to the point of looking non-existent.

Anyone got their guesses?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1