The Alpha Male 8

Shade

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7

Another Dose

“It seems like such an insignificant thing,” muttered Kyle as he held the vial up to the light for inspection.

The deep violet liquid under the glass glistened not only with the reflected light of the sun, but with the glow of its own source of illumination as well. It had a phosphorescent quality and looked like it was liquid amethyst.

I watched, both dreading and eager, as Myles took the container from Kyle and prepared the syringe with a full dose of fluid from the vial. Something stirred within me, something I had taken to calling the dragon, since that was how I imagined this unique force of energy. The dragon scared me, but I had decided that it would be prudent not to mention all those details to Mack and Myles. Although in my gut I knew it wasn’t right to hold back such information, I felt confident from my time with bear that I could control it. At least I hoped I could.

“It is anything but,” Myles told us, the tone of his voice definitive. “This protocol is highly experimental and if my sources are accurate only a limited batch was ever correctly manufactured.”

“Why?” queried Mack.

“Apparently they had limited access to a key ingredient. And they could not synthesize a substitute.”

“So this is not Vulcan’s Fire?” This last comment was my addition to the discussion. I’d been sitting there like a lump on a log while Myles, Kyle and Mack had weighed – sometimes quite heatedly – the pros and cons of giving me another dose. It turned out we only had three vials altogether from the case I had acquired from Mr Fong, and it was unclear precisely how much of the initial supply might be left in the hands of others.

“No,” Myles continued, “The Vulcan’s Fire protocol was developed in conjunction with Fong’s syndicate. Your acquaintance, Mr Nickerson, has been taking a derivative of that formula. Although what he is taking is likely to be in a much more concentrated form than what has recently become available on the street. Such as what Mr Mikkaelson is currently taking.”

Myles nodded his head toward Jack, who as it turns out was the Mr Mikkaelson in question. Jack just flexed his bicep in response. A shit-eating grin plastered across his face.

“Works good too!” he reminded us, as if the bicep alone wasn’t proof positive.

It hadn’t been my decision to bring Jack into our group, but while I’d been AWOL Jack had tracked down Mack and insisted to know what had happened. Myles, keen to sample Jack’s blood, had reluctantly convinced Mack to give him clearance.

“Indeed,” said Myles, but I noticed he gave Jack a familiar and rather knowing look. “But as we’ve seen this formula, DA300, is something else altogether. Apparently Vulcan’s Fire was developed in conjunction with the Russian Mafia from a failed experiment the Soviet military establishment had been working on.”

“Yeah,” I said, feeling guilty. “Sorry about that.”

As it turned out, after my fight with Billy, Mack had brought me into one of the abandoned mines where Myles had set up a makeshift medical facility. They hadn’t reckoned on my ass being whupped quite so badly as it had been. More importantly they hadn’t reckoned on what would happen when they’d administered the initial injection. It can best be described for the lay person as a massive fucking hulk out of epic proportions and Myles, Kyle and Mack had barely survived with their lives.

“Are you sure you can control it this time laddie?” Mack stood there with his arms crossed. I knew that posture and that expression. He was worried, but even more concerned that this was a stupid idea.

“Trust me Mack. I know I’ve got something that will help.” I picked up one of the empty kegs of the bear’s formula in my hand for emphasis. I’d managed to fuck the secrets of his formula from the bear. It was old school, but developed overtwenty years he’d spent on his own. You see the bear had originally been a biochemist. His growth had been long and slow, but the effect had supersaturated his muscle.

I’d brewed some of the concoction and given it to Mack and Jack, both of whom had responded favourably to the drink. I think it basically acted as an enhancer. But I also found it was the only thing that could calm the dragon. With it I could maintain control. I hoped.

Mack looked down at the three kegs I’d already consumed. My muscles were supersaturated with formula and I figured that now was as good a time as any if they were going to administer another injection.

“It doesn’t matter whether he can control it or not,” sighed Myles. “You are the only one that we have who is strong enough to give us the advantage in this fight.”

Myles and Mack dogmatically refused to elaborate on what fight we were in. And it wasn’t for want of asking on my part.

“That is after all why we’ve come to the middle of nowhere.” Kyle gestured out to deep Nevada desert. “This way if you hulk out again, we won’t have a whole mountain coming down on us.

Despite it all, he grinned at me.

“What the hell,” said Mack resignedly. “In for a penny, in for a pound.”

“I still say that you could give me a dose,” Jack said exasperatedly.

“We’ve settled that.” Myles looked very firmly as he spoke. “I would not have used this at all if it hadn’t seemed necessary at the time to save his life. We don’t have any idea at all what it would do to you – or if you’d even have survived.”

I smirked at Jack. But I actually agreed with Myles, and not just because I was worried about Jack overpowering me at some point. The truth is that first dose was so painful and so destructive that I nearly lost my mind. As it was I forgot who I even was for three weeks. Mack and Myles both stated their belief that it was my phenomenal, natural strength – which we had on good authority was probably the greatest inherent strength of anyone not juicing – that had allowed me to survive death and the effect of the formula on my system. What might it do to someone else?

Of course Jack was a juicer. Maybe he would have been fine. Myles, however, was not willing to take any chances.

“That dose will remain safely locked up for now.” He turned to me, syringe in hand. “Are you ready?”

The dragon hissed its acquiescence and I felt that tingle in my balls, the tingle of excitement. I nodded.

He slipped the titanium steel needle into my vein and depressed the plunger.

I was not restrained this time, as there was likely no restraint we had at our disposal that could hold me - extra dose or not. I’d seen Kyle and Mack move back and Myles stepped away also, but this time he remained in my field of vision – as did Jack.

My stomach was bloated with the other formula, the sweet nectar still on my lips and it deadened the sensation of the DA300 formula. But I could feel it. Like a creeping evil.

That was when it took hold of me. Not pain. No, this time it manifested itself as pleasure. Deep. Fucking. Ecstasy. And it hit me like a whack from Thor’s hammer right between the eyes. I stood up, grabbing my head. Though I just as quickly fell to my knees.

“HOLY FUCK!” I groaned like I’d just had the best orgasm of my life.

I was so powerful. I was in a state beyond powerful.

Jack approached me as I knelt there. I was aware of him. There was a fog between the two formulas. They were like oil and water, not quite mixing. I felt dizzy almost to the point of nausea. I put my hands on the ground, squeezing the dirt, crushing it. My arms forced downward and into the ground. I felt the dragon flapping around. It desperately sought its freedom, trying to figure out how to escape, but the other formula dampened it. Prevented the full effect from materialising.

Yet I could start to feel it commencing, slowly, but with increasing pace. My muscle pumped slow…the formulas beginning to metabolise together. My mind clouded with an inner darkness, so intent. Bent on destruction, I knew then that I could do horrible, unspeakable evil.

But I would hold it back. I was holding it back. Trying to. Trying so hard. I slowly, slowly rose to my feet.

“Well that shot appears to have been a dud.”

I turned to the voice that had spoken. “What did you say?”

Jack looked back at me, an expression of regret and boredom on his face. “What a waste of time big guy. It didn’t fucking work.”

As I regarded him the muscle engorged further. I felt myself broaden. The fibres toughened, bigger and denser. My whole body was changing under the assault. I’d been bare chested for days as we’d had no shirt big enough to fit my body. It was a good thing because with each breath I was increasing in size. As with my initial tussle with bear, the formulas were complimenting one another. And each had the intended effect, as I’d hoped earlier, of slowing the other down. I felt the bones of my body expand, growing and changing into something not quite human. The very experience was deeper than just juicing.

"No," I grunted. "It's working." Jack's eyes widened as he became aware of the growth.

My body was expanding in all directions, my shoulders growing wider, lats expanding and growing thicker as my already huge pecs expanded outwards. I felt my skin struggle to contain the sudden increase as it was pulled, stretching faster than my muscle would allow. Biceps and triceps swollen, thicker than ever. Looking pumped and feeling hard, so hard. I just had to flex them. I changed my stance as I felt my quads and hamstrings adapting also. The calves growing, their diamond heads getting wider and thicker with each passing second. Oh fuck! I could feel the onrush of size as the nutrients in bear’s formula fed the dragon. Now it was truly in my blood, in my muscle, and in my DNA. Maybe I shouldn’t have mixed those two formulas? Maybe I didn’t care. This I knew was only the beginning.

Still there was Jack. I looked at him standing there and I couldn’t remember why I’d ever bothered wasting time on him before now. He was such a weak little pussy. A weak little bitch. He was just a fuck toy. But he was also a threat. Jack wanted to own me. Wanted to fuck me. He had aspirations above his predestined place in my life as my cum receptacle.

I moved quickly then. In a couple short strides my powerful quads propelled me across the distance between us and I backhanded him. The force of my arm tore his body from the ground and Jack soared through the air landing meters away in the dust of the desert floor. He lay there still.

Pussy.

Before I could turn my attention back to the other ants, Mack leapt onto my broad back. And he held on to my neck like a rodeo cowboy as I spun round, catching sight of Myles and Kyle in the process. Why was I surrounded by these insignificant little beings? Not even men. I could crush Kyle like the germ that he was. I wouldn’t even have to exert myself to do it.

And Myles. Angelic, beautiful Myles. He may be a pretty toy but what was that compared to the awesome supremacy of my muscle? Godly. Unstoppable. Needing to be worshipped. I was far beyond those little men the cartoonists drew to impress. Hulk? Thor? Superman? What were they compared to me? What could they do that I could not excel at? Outclass them in every way?

I stretched up to my full height, and ROARED.

This was all that there was. Pure unending strength. This was power.

Reaching behind me I grabbed Mack’s arm and flung him over me and into the ground, dislocating his shoulder in the process. He slammed into the hard earth as it compacted beneath him, indented by the force with which I’d thrown him and by the density of his own muscular body. I casually stepped on him to keep him from getting up, not that I suspected he would or could. My foot pressed on his chest.

“I could crush you to a pulp little man. Drive you down so hard you’d find yourself inside the Earth’s molten core.”

I leaned down and put weight on his chest, but not enough to destroy him. He groaned and his ribs snapped. I smirked. The dragon’s wings beat in my ears. I knew this was wrong, but I didn’t care at all. Why should I?

The boulder slammed into me then. I could feel the stone collide with the expanse of my back. My broad lats, hard and dense, formed the toughest armour on the planet, and they resisted the impact. The stone cracked and dissolved upon impact, bits and pieces of the large rock shattering and falling about me. I turned and I saw Jack standing there, a trickle of blood dripping from his mouth. A welt on his face.

“You have gotten stronger,” I told him. “Did you come back for more? If I were you I would have run when I’d had the chance.”

“Leave him alone!”

“Maybe I should pick on someone my own size, right? Except I don’t see anyone here who is my own size. Guess you’ll just have to do.”

He ran at me as I stood there, massive now, bigger than a hulk. He slammed fist after fist into my abs. It didn't even register.

“Fight it man!” he screamed over and over with each ineffective punch. At least until I got bored, grabbed him by the throat, and began to squeeze his head off his shoulders.

As I did I felt a strange sensation stirring in the back of my mind.

“Fight it laddie…” murmured Mack from below. “Please…please….”

I'd forgotten about him. I lifted my foot up prepared to crush this annoying insect once and for all when his desperate words finally penetrated the fog inside my dense skull. What the fuck? What was I doing?

“Mack?” I asked coming back to myself.

I turned to see Jack now a shade of deep purple and quickly set him down. He gasped for air.

“F-f-fuck…man!” he choked out between great intakes of breath. “You are one mean son of a bitch!”

“Do you have it under control?” asked Myles then, striding up to me.

“Yeah…yes…” I said. I knew it was the truth now. The feelings of pleasure and power had abated.

“Well then,” Myles said as he surveyed the scene, “Let’s get some medical treatment for our friends here, and then let’s get on with this mission.”

I’d stayed upon the roof to watch the sun set over the Istanbul skyline as I now listened to the last call to prayer echo through the city. It was foreign, but not unpleasant to me. I was aware that I was in a different culture, which would present new surprises. Standing there with my arms crossed I must have looked an imposing sight to anyone who chanced to see me.

“I think our biggest concern should be the Volkov brothers.” Mack stood solidly beside me, despite everything that had happened, his arm still in a sling. He healed quickly, but I had been hard on him.

“Mack…” I started to say for the hundredth time.

“No lad. No apologies between us. You did what you had to do. This thing, it means nothing.”

I lowered my head.

“You can control it though, can’t you?” We had exercised my new strength in the desert after the second dose and I’d had no further ill effects, but always in the back of my mind I felt the shadow lurking. This time I’d told Mack about that. I only regretted that I hadn’t done it sooner.

I nodded. “As much as I can Mack.”

“So about these lads.” He flipped the subject on a dime. Mack didn’t like to get too emotional. “They’re mean fuckers, and I know you’ve had your share of that recently. These two have been guns for hire for a while. Mostly in organised crime. We think they are currently working for the lab that produced DA300.”

“When was our last intel received?”

“We had pictures from a Romanian facility inside a week. They look the same as ever.”

“So we’re going to go to Romania?”

“That’s the plan. Myles believes he knows the location of the formula. I’m going to send you in along with two other operatives. They’ll be here by tomorrow and then we can make our move.”

I took a deep breath and turned to face Mack. “Okay…tell me what I need to know.”

To be continued....

• Like 10
  • Upvote 8

wow i still can't believe that you uploaded this part right after the last one, it's great

hope that you haven't forgotten about Fraternity Muscle

• Upvote 1

wow i still can't believe that you uploaded this part right after the last one, it's great

hope that you haven't forgotten about Fraternity Muscle

No, I definitely haven't. Fraternity Muscle still has about three more instalments in it. Just needed a change of pace to work on something else.

I'll put some links in for future reference. But in the meantime the first six parts are in the Story Archive of this section of the forum. Part 7 was posted here a few days ago.

UPDATE: I've now added links to previous chapters in all my stories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...