stories of tumblr (with images)

namaste

50 minutes ago, Ienjoisk8ing said:

You should honestly have asked the writers for permission before reposting these.

U have  a point but how if said tumblrs were erased?

thanks for this stories man. the one by  jakelandry was great

38 minutes ago, Ro20316 said:

U have  a point but how if said tumblrs were erased?

Tumblr may have erased them but that doesn't change the fact that these are someone else's creative works who would appreciate credit for them and the opportunity to exercise control over their own creations.  The creators are still accessible even if their works are no longer posted.

2 hours ago, Ienjoisk8ing said:

You should honestly have asked the writers for permission before reposting these.

Agreed. If any of these authors come to me and request for their stories to be removed from this thread, then I will have to remove them. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, geek2jock said:

Tumblr may have erased them but that doesn't change the fact that these are someone else's creative works who would appreciate credit for them and the opportunity to exercise control over their own creations.  The creators are still accessible even if their works are no longer posted.

Exactly. I totally agree with you. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 10:47 PM, geek2jock said:

I agree too, in theory, but how exactly would he access the authors?  They only go by an anonymous screen name (usually), so Google would not help.  How would he obtain their email addresses?

5 hours ago, calhoun said:

I agree too, in theory, but how exactly would he access the authors?  They only go by an anonymous screen name (usually), so Google would not help.  How would he obtain their email addresses?

Admittedly I was never on Tumblr so I cannot tell you how it facilitates connections or perhaps it doesn't at all, I really don't know.  I'm also not trying to call any one person out or anything like that so please don't read this as hostility because I'm totally not intending it sound that way.  However, just in the last two days this issue of people disregarding or disrespecting an individual's right to possess their own creative works has surfaced multiple times across this forum and I think it's important that this be addressed clearly because without the creators there's almost nothing left of value in this forum.  People post their written, graphic and video works here to share them but that does not imply they intend others to take that work and repost it elsewhere without giving credit or worse by taking credit for something they did not actually create.  If this turns into one of those sites that doesn't protect and defend the creators then they will take their talents elsewhere.

Not sure how that's a problem here. For one thing, posting anything online more or less gives consent to having it be consumed as everyone sees fit; the internet is literally open to everyone. Posting it and demanding everyone use it in a certain way is an exercise in futility. Second, OP did give credit to the original writers, so he's not stealing the written work in any way. There's no need to become over vigilant over something so trivial.

As one of the authors who’s stuff was reposted, I generally have no issue with people reposting my stuff as long as it’s credited.

That being said, half of the authors posted are members here (some under the same names) and have posted stories on this site. I’m even reposting my stories on a blog on this site. 

• Like 3