The Man Who Saved Me (Updated 30 Jan - Chapters 1 to THE END)

Chapter 25

“How was the meeting, Victor?” Calls Marianne Delaney as her husband sweeps through the front door. Their home is beautiful and, by Central London standards, incredibly spacious. But when a politician’s home is being paid for by the public, and that same politician gets to decide how much is spent, they always go for the best.  

“I’ll manage, Darling. I thought Home Secretary would be a cushy job. But since that bloody super human turned up, I haven’t had a moment’s rest. If the cabinet doesn’t stop pissing itself, we’ll be drowning by next week.” He flops onto the sofa, his fingers pressed into his eyes, as Marianne places a steaming cup of tea on the table near his arm. Strong, with two sugars, just how he likes it.

“What’s the fuss? He seems like a good man to me. Fighting crime, saving people. He’s done more to clean up this city in a month than you’ve done in three years.” She lets out a laugh, patting Victor on the shoulder to let him know she’s only joking.

“You might not be such a fan if you saw what he did to a few dozen SAS guys the other day.” He shakes his head, shivering slightly. “I only saw pictures, but that was enough to keep me awake for days.”

“Why would he do that?”

“It doesn’t matter, Darling.” He scoffs. “But if he can slaughter the most highly trained soldiers in the world like cattle, what do you think he could do to us?”

Just then, a faint ringing sound comes from upstairs. “That will be the secret phone.” Marianne notes. “Go on, Victor. It might be important.”

With a groan, Victor lumbers to his feet, clicking his back twice in the process. He lifts his mug and starts making his way through the house. “What does those shitstains want this time? If this isn’t Princess bloody Kate offering to suck me off, I’m resigning.”

“I heard that!” Marianne calls.

“Sorry Darling.”

Victor steps into his dark study and slams the door behind him. He slides the lock into place with the palm of his hand. “What is it?” He growls, bringing the phone to his ear. “Yes. Fine. I don’t care, Henry. Couldn’t this wait until tomorrow? Good night, Henry. No. Does it matter? I said good night!” The phone clangs as he slams it awkwardly into its holder.

“Who was that?” I ask, my voice deep and unsettlingly calm.

Gasping, his face turning pale, Victor spins around to find me waiting in his leather desk chair. He dives for the door, but I move faster than the human eye can follow. Before he can even touch the lock, I have a firm grasp on the collar of his suit and lift him clear off the ground. “Bad idea.” My arm is rock hard and totally still. He doesn’t struggle as I cross the room and dump him roughly in his chair.

“You… How did you get in here?”

“Through the front door.” I stand to my full height, forcing him to look up into my eyes as he takes in all seven foot of me. Nothing but muscle and raw, living power. “You and I are going to have a little chat, Victor.”

“I don’t know what you want, but I can’t give it to you.” He shrinks in on himself as I approach. I watch microscopic beads of sweat seep from his skin and smile.

“Did you read that news story about how half of the mountains in Antarctica spontaneously collapsed?” As I speak, I casually swipe up the stainless steel ‘World’s Best Dad’ trophy from Victor’s desk and crush it in one hand. The metal screeches and groans as I mould and stretch and fold it over itself like play-doh, my powerful fingers digging in and pulling, then pressing back again. “Scientists couldn’t explain it. But they were looking for a natural event. That wasn’t natural. It was what happened when someone pissed me off.”

Victor’s gaze is transfixed on the metal as it warps and fuses. I squeeze it hard, causing it to glow, and his eyes widen. He’s too stunned to speak, so I talk for him. “I understand why you did what you did. You saw my power and thought you could harness it for your own ends, right? It makes sense. But do you know where you slipped up?”

He cautiously shakes his head. I can hear his heart thundering in his chest. Good. “You had no idea the power you were trying to control. Either through ignorance or pride, you underestimated me. It’s an easy mistake to make. So why don’t I fill you in?” I slap the remains of the trophy down on the desk with a bang that sends cracks streaking over the wood. Victor flinches, then reaches out to take it. But he isn’t expecting the metal to be hot. One touch and he whips his hand away, hissing.  

“My power is infinite, Victor. It has no limit. I’m strong enough to shatter the Earth’s crust with a single punch. I can move so incomprehensibly fast that we’d need to rewrite the laws of physics to explain it. Point every nuclear missile on earth at me, have them all go off at once, and the most it would do is ruffle my hair. I can survive a supernova – I know, I checked. And before you start trying to find other ways of killing me, I can’t be poisoned, starved, burned, frozen, drowned, cut, asphyxiated, or crushed; I have no weakness.”

“Oh god.” He mutters to himself as he trembles.

“My reflexes are so rapid that I could write a fucking sonnet in the time between a trigger being pulled and the bullet leaving the barrel. And I can shoot rays from my eyes hotter than the heart of a neutron star.” To demonstrate my point, I squint, bathing the Home Secretary in a harsh red light. “Take every physical attribute, every sense, every human ability, multiply them by the largest number you can imagine. And then double it. That’s me.”

I take a step closer. Victor takes a deep breath and holds it. “You exist because I allow it. And you will die the instant I revoke that privilege.”

“Please.” He begs. “We don’t want to be your enemy. We just-“

“That’s a lie.” My anger gets the better of me, and my words come out as a thick snarl. I take a moment to calm myself. “Victor, I can hear a butterfly’s wings beat from a continent away, and I can look through two walls, at the individual subatomic particles that make up the atoms in your wife’s skin. There is nothing you can hide from me. No secret meetings, no confidential files, nothing.”

Now Victor freezes. His mouth makes a small ‘o’. “What did you hear?” He tentatively asks. “From the COBRA meeting?”

“Everything.”

“So why are you telling me all of this?”

“Because I think you’re a smart man. Smart men make logical choices. And once you know what I am, the only logical choice is to stay the fuck out of my business.” I drive a fist through the desk like it’s made of toilet paper, causing a loud crunch to fill the room. “I know you had the love of my life kidnapped and tortured. That was stupid, minister. There will be consequences. I won’t lie, I considered just flattening Parliament and everyone in it, but my boyfriend has been trying to help me get over my violent tendencies. It scares him when I hurt people, and hate scaring him. So you’re safe.” I let that hang in the air. “For now.”

“W- what are you going to do?”

“You’ll see.”

Now he looks up at me. I can see fear. But not same fear I felt watching Jake scream as his toe was chopped off with wire cutters. So I decide to push it further.

“It should go without saying that if anyone so much as thinks about hurting, abducting, or manipulating Jake to get to me, I’ll lose all the progress I’ve made at this whole peace and love thing. You don’t want that, minister. Do you?”

Victor emphatically shakes his head.

“I didn’t think so. When Jake’s with me, nothing can get to him. But I can’t be there all the time. Westminster has resources I don’t have. GCHQ, MI5, MI6. Use them. Monitor and eliminate any possible threat to Jake.” Now I squat on the balls of my feet, lowing myself to Victor’s level, moving my face just an inch away from his. “If you fail, I’ll come for you. And your family. And your friends. I will kill anyone who has ever so much as thought about you and I won’t stop until every memory of you, ever trace of your existence has been purged from the face of the earth. Am I understood?”

At first he’s too terrified to respond, but then he catches himself, and nods.

“Good. Don’t disturb my life again. I know you politicians like causing trouble, starting wars. Well this isn’t a war. Calling it that implies you can win.” I stand and start making my way to the door. To my surprise, Victor calls meekly after me.

“If we need you, will you help us?”

This man has more balls than I thought. “I will never work for you. But if there’s a real threat that puts civilians at risk, I’ll hear you out. I might decide to intervene. I might not. That’s all I’m offering.”

“Thank you.”

I tear open the door, causing the heavy duty lock to buckle and fall to the floor. Then in the blink of an eye, I’m gone.

Victor leans on the wreckage of his desk for a full ten minutes, his head in his hands, as his heart rate returns to normal levels. His hands find the statue.  It's cooler now. He can feel the large finger prints left in the metal. “Good lord…” His eyes catch on the secret phone.

It takes him a few tries to dial the right number, as he fails to suppress his shaking. Finally he gets it right.

“Prime Minister? It’s Victor.”

I'm going to be honest. I was only looking for some story to jerk off to before going to sleep when I bumped into this masterpiece. Then I ended up staying up literally from midnight to sunrise lying on my bed reading it non-stop. I certainly hadn't expected it to be so immersive.

It's descriptive but easy to follow, and it's genuinely a love story whose characters have different dimensions and a realistic depth. What I mean is that it's not what I would normally expect to find among this forums.

I've laughed, I've cried, and although it can be seen that it's not based in a completely original idea (as if it mattered nowadays anyway, when everything is already created), it is so passionately written from such an interesting point of view, it makes it unique. 

1 hour ago, Speech500 said:

I do completely understand anyone who decides they just want a good wank and that this story takes too much effort to get to those parts.

I think you're underestimating how hot it is to jerk off to descriptions of super heroes casually putting puny politicians in their place ;)

6 hours ago, Speech500 said:

I do completely understand anyone who decides they just want a good wank and that this story takes too much effort to get to those parts.

It's a slow burn - but it builds on itself quite well.  You maintain the... interest... through different descriptions rather than relying on the ole bedroom scenes to heat up the storyline.  Totally worth the thorough read.  As a matter of fact, to get the full effect, I think the full read is absolutely necessary and quite fulfilling since the story is so great.

• Like 1

So HOT and beautifully written!

Hmmmmm can’t wait to read more and MORE! Thank you so much for this wild ride. Not sure how many people realize how much work this is! 

• Upvote 1