The Tale of the Muscular Manservant

CardiMuscleman

Chapter Thirty Five

“Sir, I must remind you that I am working to an exact schedule and that schedule states that I must be on board the Carnatic that leaves Hong Kong tomorrow evening at eight!”

As Phileas leaned over the table in the Captain’s quarters, stressing the point about his schedule, Jean could see his master’s muscles bulging under his jacket. There was good reason for this as the room was being swayed back and forth by the storm that was currently blowing outside the ship and as the room moved, Phileas’s muscles flexed to ensure that relative to the room he stayed upright and became, in the eye of his manservant, an unmovable force, an object that could not be moved by anything save a being of such unimaginable power that his master would moan "Take me, and make me as you!"

“Well” replied the Captain, sitting on a chair which had been screwed to the floor, “there is no chance of catching the Carnatic this evening I can assure you of that, I suspect that given our closeness to Hong Kong, they are experiencing the same conditions as us. This is going to quite the typhoon, sir!”

“Typhoon?” both men gasped and looked at each other

“Oh, one of the worst on record” replied the captain, “just look at those gauges!” and pointed to a display mounted on the wall. Phileas stood up and despite the moving room walked purposefully over to the gauges in a straight line whereas his manservant’s path was far wobblier. Phileas stood in front of them and examined them closely.

“Mmm” he said, “Twenty-eight and nine tenths of an inch of mercury. I see your point, Captain”

“But I shouldn’t worry too much, sir” added the Captain as Phileas returned to the table in the same manner to which he had travelled to the gauges, “the Rangoon is a good ship. The only advice I can give is that you return to your cabins and try and spend the evening there”

Phileas nodded his thanks to the Captain and as they left, Phileas seemingly unmoved by the motion of the seas, Jean apologised to his master for his less than stable walk to which his master replied “There, there, my lover” and making sure that no one was around, he kissed him on the lips saying “I will go and reassure the Princess and you go to the bridge and let me know how things are progressing” and with that master and manservant parted company. As Jean reached the deck, he gasped. He’d been involved in a large number of storms at sea but never one of their ferocity, but taking a deep breath he battled against the howling gale and entered the bridge with a “I am here on behalf of my master, Phileas Fogg, to report on the storm” and once given the once over from the crew sat on a chair in the corner and observed everything.

About twenty minutes later, Jean was getting bored stiff. Aside from the crew, who were keeping the ship steady, there was nothing else happening and as he felt himself starting to drift off to sleep his partially closing eyes suddenly opened wide. There on the top of the masts was a green glow. Getting out of his chair, he pressed his face against the window and stared in amazement. At the very top of each of the Rangoon’s masts there was a strange ball of light, it was changing colour every so often and appeared completely alien. Noting Jean’s fascination with the light one of the crewmen came over and said “You’re a very lucky landlubber, not many of you get to see that!”

“What is it?” asked Jean, still watching the display

“St. Elmo's fire” came the almost reverential answer, “it’s a sign of good luck on a ship!

If Jean had his master to hand, he no doubt would have said “St. Elmo's fire is a form of matter called plasma, Jean, which is also produced in stars, high temperature flames, and by lightning. The electric field around the object in question causes ionization of the air molecules, producing a faint glow easily visible in low-light conditions. It has been suggested that the conditions that can generate St. Elmo's fire need to be around a hundred kilovolts per metre in order to create a discharge in air. Of course. the magnitude of the electric field depends greatly on the geometry of the object. For instance, sharp points lower the necessary voltage because electric fields are more concentrated in areas of high curvature, so discharges preferably occur and are more intense at the ends of pointed objects” but he wasn’t and so as both men watched the display it was with a sense of wonder.

As their eyes were focused on the display, just a few yards below the masts, treachery was afoot.  Disguised as a member of the crew, Timothy pulled a knife from his pocket and started to cut at the ropes protecting the sails from the howling gale. As he did he smiled wickedly and said to himself “If you survive this storm, I’d like to see you get to Hong Kong without any sails” and as he spoke the first rope was cut and he slowly backed his way along the mast until his treachery was revealed. Jean was the first to notice and instantly raised the alarm and was all for going into the heart of the storm to rescue the sail but the sailor who spoke to him grabbed hold of him and told it was it was suicide to climb rigging in a storm and so Jean could only watch as the sail ripped off the mast and blew far away from the Rangoon, shortly followed by the other sails being ripped by the storm. His anger rising, he mumbled “If I ever get my hands on you, assassin, you will know what it is to meet with the strongest man in France!”

Chapter Thirty Six

It was now November 4th, the thirty fourth day of Phileas’ journey and as he, his manservant and the Princess stood on the quayside in Hong Kong, the gentlemen took off their hats to mourn a great loss. Although the Rangoon had made to the British colony, the sails were in no fit state to carry on. As Phileas checked his pocket watch and declared “Eleven o’clock in the morning, eight hours behind schedule. We have missed the Carnatic and will have to wait a week for the next boat” Jean got the impression that his master was now mourning the loss of his money as well. However, that soon changed when he said “Still, we’re all here in one piece, and I don’t see any reason why we cannot charter a vessel to Yokohama, you never know we might find one that allows us to catch it up! In the meantime, let’s go to a hotel eh?” and with that dispatched Jean to find suitable transport.

As he dashed off, he failed to notice the Inspector and Drummond hiding behind a wall, watching the scene with a broad grin on the Inspector’s face.

“So” he said, “he’s stuck here for a week, eh?” and with that rubbed his hands with glee

“But, sir” said Drummond, “won’t he hire a ship instead?”

“Oh, my dear Drummond” smiled the Inspector, rubbing his companions head with his knuckles, “I telegraphed ahead and have been told that as of yesterday there are no ships heading to Japan until at least the weekend. We’ve got him now, my lad, so all we need to do is keep him under observation at all times!”

“Does that include when they are being transported by people carrying them, sir?” asked the constable

“What?” exclaimed the Inspector and gasped in horror as the travelers were ferried away from the quayside by a series of people holding trays on which they were sat. The method of transport being used by the party was a commonplace scene in Hong Kong, but as they crossed the colony, Jean couldn’t help to notice how big and strong the men carrying them were and wondered if his master would like the same privilege of travelling to the Reform Club each day with Jean’s powerful arms and legs propelling him through London. They were borne to the Club Hotel at which the Inspector and Drummond arrived a few moments later, both puffing and panting due to the extreme heat of the colony.

“I don’t believe it” panted the Inspector, “look at him, Drummond, spending the money he stole from the Bank to live a life of luxury. When I get my hands on him…” and with that he mimed strangling someone.

“Sir, can I have something to eat, sir?” moaned Drummond holding his stomach, “I feel like I haven’t eaten in weeks!”

“Now, listen here, Drummond” said the Inspector, poking his associate in the chest, “I’ll have you know that you are a member of the Metropolitan police and as such are on duty”

“Then you stay and watch” suggested the constable, “and I will get us both a bite to eat”

The inspector’s patience snapped and grabbing Drummond by his collar he grunted “Listen, Drummond, you must learn to think, something I am being to have my doubts about, about the case in hand. Inside that hotel is a man who robbed the Bank of England of fifty-five thousand pounds and is spending it as if it was his last day on this earth. Do you realise that the reputation of Scotland Yard is at stake here? In order to arrest that man, we have to be on British soil and if your mind was able to concentrate on something other than food, a tall order I know, it would realise that Hong Kong is a crown colony, in other words Drummond, we are in Britain and unless that warrant gets here before he leaves, and believe me Drummond I think he will leave as soon as he is able to, then he cannot be arrested until Britain”

“But…” started Drummond but was silenced by “And don’t give me any of that Canada nonsense again!” and with that he threw his associate to the ground and holding his head in his hands muttered “I cannot believe this is happening to me. Here I am, one of the most respected detectives in the whole of Scotland Yard and I get lumbered with a constable who is thicker than two short planks and has a stomach that seems to think that it has a right to be fed at least ten times a day” and with that roared “HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR, DRUMMOND?”

The constable jumped to attention and saluted saying “I’ve lost my appetite, sir!”

“Good!” said the inspector, “Now, I am going to visit the commissioner for police here and whilst I do, you are going to tail Mr. Fogg no matter where he goes!”

“On my own, sir?” asked the constable

“ON YOUR OWN!” came the bellowed reply that was so loud everyone within a hundred yards turned to face the source of the noise and with that the Inspector stomped off in a foul mood whilst the constable took up position and watched the hotel room where he could see Mr. Fogg standing on the balcony overseeing the harbour.

Chapter Thirty Seven

Inside the room, Jean was feeling very concerned for his master. Since arriving in their room, he had done nothing bar open the doors, step out onto the balcony and staring into the distance. Part of him feared that he was going to do something that would end his life and so he was poised to act, his leg muscles twitching ready to leap at the very second that his master jumped and grab him by the feet, his own legs wrapped around the balustrades.

“This is all my fault” said the Princess in a candid moment to Jean, “If your master hadn’t rescued me, then you would be on the Carnatic right now”

Jean looked at the Princess, her eyes full of sorrow for the pain that she had caused his master, and as he did, something happened. He started to bulge. As his mind processed what was happening to him, he tried to reassure the princess that she should not blame herself for a typhoon and as she was reassured Jean turned to his now hard cock. What was happening to him? He was inverted, the only hole he liked to ram his hard cock into was that of a heavily built man, he had never kissed a woman let around rammed one. As his mind started to reel at the emotions flowing through him, his master spoke for the first time in nearly half an hour

“Hong Kong Harbour” he said, with an air of admiration, “Is it any wonder this colony is called the pearl of the Orient?”

Jean and the Princess looked at each other with concern. Had they both heard Phileas’s final words before he committed suicide knowing that he could never return to London in time? Jean decided to find out and asked his master about their situation. His answer reassured Jean that his master was not thinking of any such suggestion as he ordered him to go to the docks and charter a vessel that would take them to Yokohama. Jean immediately stood to attention and was about to leave the room when his master added “And whilst you are doing that, we shall find the Princess’s relatives and then I shall be able to meet with you again and make sure that we arrive at our next destination” which caused Jean to smile as his master had emphasised the word “arrive”, the term used by inverted men to describe the moment of sexual climax when not around other inverted men. As he left the room, Phileas held out his hand to the Princess and said “Shall we find your relatives, my dear?” to which the Princess replied with a simple nod of the head and they too left the room with their own task in mind. They were not the only people with a task in their minds as the Inspector was now in discussions with the Commissioner for Police and was beginning to form the opinion that the climate had got to him.

“Are you listening to me, Commissioner?” asked Fix

If the Commissioner was listening to the inspector, he did nothing to acknowledge it and carried on trimming his moustache with a pair of scissors.

“This calls for immediate action” demanded Fix, slamming the desk with his fists, “this man Fogg is an unbelievably clever man. We have to arrest him now whilst he is in Hong Kong, if he were to slip through our fingers again, I would make sure that you never worked for the British government ever again” and with that he roared his anger.

“Please, Inspector” said the Commissioner, “there is no need to raise your voice, I am not deaf!”

“Well” said the inspector, “I suppose that’s progress!” and then asked about the warrant

“Warrant?” asked the Commissioner, “what warrant would that be then?”

“The one that was supposed to have arrived from London!” said the Inspector, on the point of exploding with rage

“No” came the reply, “I’ve had no communication from London for the best part of a month. Now, as much as I would love to carry on this fascinating conversation with you Inspector, I have a luncheon date with the Governor, so if you will excuse me?”

“You’re leaving?” exclaimed the Inspector

“Only a detective with your skills could make such a brilliant deduction” smiled the Commissioner placing his hands on Fix’s shoulders and with that left leaving Fix wondering if he’d been praised, insulted or both. When he realised he had been insulted he bellowed “Why is it no one in this colony can think of anything bar food?” and with that stormed out of the commission in a raging temper. As he emerged into the blazing heat of Hong Kong, it all became too much and he vowed there and then to do whatever it would take to arrest Phileas, even if it meant defying the local law and as he came up with an idea that was as brilliant as it was vicious, a wicked smile crossed his lips which started to recite a rhyme.

“Working all the day to catch you my way, I will work out how to catch you day by day, But I know you’ll be mine, yes, you’ll be mine, yes, you’ll be mine! Fix is my name and you should remember it, when you are locked in a jail. Sooner or later you won’t be free anymore” and with that set about his plan which you will find was as brilliant as it was wicked.

Chapter Thirty Eight

“Princess, it has been a delight travelling with you, but as I promised to you in Allahabad, I am now about to return you to your family!” and with that Phileas pulled the rope that rang a bell. As they waited for the door to open, the Princess admitted that she was scared asking Phileas if they would remember her. Phileas was about to put her mind at rest when the door opened and an elderly lady stepped out.

“Good morning, madam” said Phileas, doffing his hat as he did, “my name is Phileas Fogg from London and I would like to present to you the Princess Aouda Jeheee who, as per a promise I made to her in India, have returned to her family!”

“Jeehee?” asked the woman

“Yes” replied the Princess

“George” called the woman into the house, “could you come and speak with these people please? They want to discuss the Jeehee family!”

A few moments later an elderly gentleman emerged and Phileas introduced themselves again and gave him the envelope given to them by the Governor of Singapore. The man took it and instantly frowned.

“I regret to inform you sir” he said, “that the people on this address left us some time ago!”

“Oh” replied Phileas, “may I ask where they are now then? Macau? Japan?”

“This is a little awkward” replied the man, “you see when I say, left us, I didn’t mean that they moved, I meant that they left us. The people on this envelope, your aunt and uncle…” and then he paused before finishing, “…died in a typhoon last year!”

The Princess and Phileas gasped in horror.

“Yes” replied the man, “It was the last storm of the season, one of the worst that Hong Kong had ever experienced. Your relatives were not affected, but when the Governor called for volunteers to help with the cleanup they did. They died when there was a landslide in the area that they were working on”

Sensing that the Princess was upset the lady asked if she would like to visit their graves not that far away. The request was accepted and as Phileas stood a respectable distance behind the Princess, his heart, like hers was breaking. He knew precisely what it was like to be an orphan. It was a story that he hadn’t told anyone, not even his friends at the Reform Club nor its chairman, for he dare not. His father was a member of the British Army and had met his wife when he was treated for an injury on his first day of training, having bashed his foot with the end of a rifle. The two had fallen in love from that moment and married a year later with Phileas being born a few months after that. They had all lived in the barracks in Aldershot with Phileas visiting his grandmother from time to time in nearby Farnborough, so when his grandmother picked him up from school one day when he was eight, he thought nothing unusual about it. That was until five weeks later when his grandmother picked him up, sat him on the table in the kitchen and said quietly “Phileas, your father and mother are in a happy place, and have deemed that you shall live with us now until you become a gentleman”. It wasn’t until his 21st birthday that Phileas found out what had happened. His father had been killed during the Xhose war in Southern Africa and when his mother had found out, she committed suicide unable to bear being without the man she loved. Therefore, his words of “Princess, please accept my deepest condolences on your loss” came from his heart.

“Oh, Mr. Fogg” she said, fighting back the tears, “You don’t understand, it is more than that. It is the loneliness. Has some strange fate decreed that I shall remain unloved for the rest of my life?” and with that she stood up, but then immediately keeled over in a faint. Phileas, ever the gentleman, leapt to the rescue and cradled her in his arms. As he did, his heart broke and whispering into the Princess’s ears he said “Princess, I made a solemn promise to you and I am a man of my word” and with that he gulped as he said “I will look after you for as long as I am able to!” and with that gently kissed her on the lips. An act of gentlemanly decree that made Drummond, spying on them behind a tree, wipe his eyes and say to himself “If he is a thief, he is more of a gentleman than any of the gentlemen I know in London” and as the Princess came around, resuming her crying, Phileas tried his best to comfort her knowing that it was a forlorn task.

Chapter Thirty Nine

“Excusez moi, Monsieurs, is your ship going to Japan today, my master wishes to book passage?”

“No, honourable sir” came the reply, “this ship is going to India!”

Jean shook his head forlornly. That was the fifteenth ship he had tried since his master told him to find a ship, but still he kept plodding on hoping he would strike lucky. The next ship seemed to be just what they wanted for as it was heading back to England, but Jean knew that his master would never accept it. The wager had been to travel around the world, from east to west meaning that they had to arrive in England from the west therefore that boat was rejected as well. After ships heading to Australia, Indonesia, even Ceylon, Jean was about to give up when he passed a sailor getting ready to board ship and in desperation asked him.

“Have you tried the Carnatic?” he replied, “I’m getting ready to board her now!”

“Non” sighed Jean, “that ship sailed last night!”

“Oh!” exclaimed the sailor, “then what am I about to board then?”

“I don’t know” replied Jean, “all these ships look the same!”

The sailor didn’t know whether to laugh or wonder what this man had been drinking, so grabbed his hand and practically dragged him to the stern of the ship he was about to board and said “C A R N A T I C! Carnatic!” and with that walked towards the gangplank. As he did, Jean immediately came to and declared "The Carnatic!" and with that leapt for joy and ran as fast as he could back to the International Hotel. As he did so, he started to imagine travelling with just his master again, each day presenting themselves as master and manservant but each night, "Oh, mon dieu" moaned Jean as he ran, "Hercules and Samson wrestling, listening to their hearts pounding, their breathing getting deeper and more ragged, ripping off their loincloths and making mad passionate love, becoming men, flexing their powerful muscles, worshipping each other".

Whether it was these dreams that made Jean run the mile from the docks to the International Hotel in a little under eight minutes or not, it cannot be said, but as he burst into his master's room his heart was pounding like a drum and he was breathing so deeply all he could do was pant "Carnatic, sailing, soon!"

“That is good news” came the reply from his master, but Jean couldn’t figure out why his master sounded so sombre about it and so ventured, “Master, are you sad that the Princess has found her family? If so, then do not be, for you know that I will always be able to offer you service!” and with that bucked his hips, but Phileas replied sadly “Her uncle and aunt died in a landslide last year and now she is an orphan” and before Jean had a chance to react he added softly “Just like me!”

Jean stood there shocked to the core. This wasn’t supposed to happen. The Princess was supposed to be happy now with her relatives, he would now be able to love his master as he had from the moment he met him. As he held his head in his hands bemoaning the world, a gentle whimper could be heard from the next room. Getting up, Phileas gently knocked on the door and went in, closing it behind him. As he did Jean paced the floor. His dream of manhandling his master until they both came in moans of ecstasy, their bodies covered in a combination of cum and sweat, his master’s cock thrusting into his glutes and him gritting his teeth to withstand the pain were all now just pipe dreams. His master was going to fall in love with the Princess, after all what Englishman would say no to an orphan and his master was a true Englishman.

Just then Phileas and the Princess returned from the room and as Jean looked at her sad face, his own heart broke. The person he had rescued under the guise of the Victorian Hero was now a shell of her former glory and as she said “I agree, Mr. Fogg, to your invitation to return with you to England in the hope that I may start a new life in the land where I grew up” Jean felt a combination of joy that he couldn’t explain and responsibility as he was ordered to buy another set of tickets for the Carnatic. Standing to attention, he saluted and made his way to purchase the tickets. The ticket master sold him the tickets at the going rate and informed him that the repairs to the Carnatic, that had prevented the ship from sailing, were now complete and that the ship would sail at eight o’clock that evening with boarding from six o’clock to half past seven. Jean nodded and left to tell his master the news but no sooner had he turned the corner than he bumped into someone who seemed to have an interesting knack of appearing at just the wrong time.

“My dear fellow” said Fix as he helped Jean up from the floor, “what a pleasant surprise this is!”

“Please forgive me, monsieur” replied Jean, “but I must attend to my master with an important piece of information!”

“But, my dear sir” replied the inspector, “here I am, all alone in Hong Kong and who should I bump into but my fishing partner from the Mongolia. Caught any more fish?” he asked, giving Jean’s arm a squeeze.

“Monsieur” said Jean, “I must insist that…”

“Come” the inspector continued, his hand now firmly around Jean’s arm, “there’s a bar just around the corner here. I’ve got something to tell you that I think will be quite beneficial to you!” and with that started to pull Jean with him. Jean pulled back demanding an explanation but the inspector just chuckled saying “Let’s just say that your master is rather famous back in London, and not for the reason you think. Interested?” and with that Jean fell under the inspector’s spell and followed him.

• Like 1

Chapter Forty

Inside the bar, the Inspector ordered a bottle of wine and poured out two glasses offering Jean one and asking for his opinion on it, being a Frenchman. As Jean sampled it and gave his thoughts on it, Fix took a deep breath. This was a one shot scheme, convince Phileas’s manservant that his master was a criminal or face the risk of him telling his master that he was a suspected bank robber and so in order to lull him into a sense of false security Fix talked about his own history working first for the Empire office in Bombay and then…

“You have something important to tell me, yes?” Jean demanded

Fix nodded and gulped. This was his only chance and so started on his explanation.

“Do you know who I am?” Fix asked.

Jean shook his head.

“My name is Inspector Fix of Scotland Yard” he replied and with that produced his credentials, “Mr. Fogg’s wager is only a pretext, of which you and the gentlemen of the Reform are dupes. He had a motive for securing your innocent complicity.”

“But why?” asked Jean

“On the 29th of last September a robbery of fifty-five thousand pounds was committed at the Bank of England by a person whose description was fortunately secured. Here is his description; it answers exactly to that of Mr. Phileas Fogg.”

“What nonsense!” cried Jean, striking the table with his fist. “My master is the most honourable of men!”

“How can you tell? You know scarcely anything about him. You went into his service the day he came away; and he came away on a foolish pretext, without trunks, and carrying a large amount in banknotes. And yet you are bold enough to assert that he is an honest man!”

“Yes, yes,” repeated the poor fellow, mechanically.

“Would you like to be arrested as his accomplice?”

Jean, overcome by what he had heard, held his head between his hands, and did not dare to look at the detective. Could it be that Phileas Fogg, the saviour of Aouda, that brave and generous man was a robber! And yet how many presumptions there were against him! Passepartout essayed to reject the suspicions which forced themselves upon his mind; he did not wish to believe that his master was guilty.

“Well, what do you want of me?” said he, at last, with an effort.

“See here,” replied Fix; “I have tracked Mr. Fogg to this place, but as yet I have failed to receive the warrant of arrest for which I sent to London. You must help me to keep him here in Hong Kong—”

“I! But I—”

“I will share with you the two thousand pounds’ reward offered by the Bank of England.”

“Never!” replied Jean, who tried to rise, but fell back, exhausted in mind and body. “Mr. Fix,” he stammered, “even should what you say be true— if my master is really the robber you are seeking for—which I deny— I have been, am, in his service; I have seen his generosity and goodness; and I will never betray him—not for all the gold in the world. I come from a village where they don’t eat that kind of bread!”

“You refuse?”

“I refuse.”

“Consider that I’ve said nothing,” said Fix; “and let us drink.”

“Yes; let us drink!” replied Jean however as Fix went to pour the bottle he found it was empty and said “I’ll be back in a moment” and went down to the cellar where the wine was kept for patrons to choose their own. As he pondered which of the many bottles to take, he was delivered a cruel and vicious blow to the back of the head. As he collapsed unconscious to the floor, Timothy chuckled. Here was the perfect opportunity to cause Phileas’ journey to fail and so as he dressed himself in the inspector’s clothes and perfected his voice, straight from the upper echelons of Mayfair, he added one more element to the mix and poured a liberal amount of pure opium into the bottle of wine so that as he returned to the table and poured the wine for Jean he smiled and said “And now, one final drink, to make up for all the distress I have caused you!” and without pausing Jean downed it on one. No sooner had he done so than Timothy started to smirk as Jean’s eyes started to droop, his speech became slurred and he collapsed onto the table with a thud. Jean was now a sleeping babe in arms and Timothy’s for the taking.

“Well, I hope that you’re enjoying yourself!”

Timothy jumped as Drummond stomped over in a bad mood.

“After everything you told me about keeping my mind on the job at hand and now I find you in one of the most inequitable dens in the whole of Hong Kong having a drink with Mr. Fogg’s manservant” and with that Drummond looked at the unconscious Jean and added “How much did you drink?”

If Timothy was scared by the arrival of Drummond, he didn’t show it as his mind was already reeling with an idea that would not only secure the destruction of Phileas but get the detectives out of the way at the same time.

“I want you to put him on board the ship!” he whispered into Drummond’s ear

“Sorry?” asked Drummond, “but what about all that about them not leaving Hong Kong?”

Timothy wasn’t used to being answered back and so raising his fist he growled, “You have been given an order, now do it!”

“Yes sir” exclaimed Drummond and as he shouldered Jean and headed out of the inn, Timothy’s wicked grin was in danger of escaping off his face. He was going to make the next few days, days of absolute torture for Jean and as he got up he started to perfect a new voice, a voice than Jean would soon come to fear.

Chapter Forty One

Having dumped Jean on board the Carnatic, following the inspector’s orders Drummond took a deep breath and announced “At last, now I can get something to eat!” and with that made his way back into the heart of Hong Kong but decided to report back to the Inspector to confirm that he had completed his duty but when he got back to the inn he had disappeared. Drummond then did something he never usually did, thought hard and as he left the inn he asked himself “If I were the Inspector, where would I go?” and decided to investigate a nearby alleyway. He hadn’t gone far down it when he fell over something, but as he recovered he gasped in horror. It was the Inspector wearing nothing more than his undergarments and sporting a very nasty bump to the head and completely out cold. Shaking him awake Drummond expressed concern at the state of undress of the Inspector and as he roused, the Inspector groaned complaining of a massive headache.

“Can I get something to eat now, sir?” asked the constable

“And where have you been all this time?” asked the inspector

As Drummond gave a detailed account of the last few hours, the Inspector winced as he felt the bump on his head. He’d been attacked, by some low life criminal, and had been dumped virtually naked in an alleyway. As he started to get dressed again he wondered if he would ever be able to live this down.

“…so then I dumped Mr. Fogg’s manservant on the Carnatic, just as you told me to, came back to tell you what I had done and then found you fast asleep in this alleyway, sir!”

“YOU DID WHAT?” bellowed the Inspector and still dressing ran all the way to the harbour just in time to see the Carnatic sail into the distance.

Lying on the floor of the engine room of the Carnatic, Jean may have been unconscious, but the battle in his dreams was testament to his determination to tell him master what had happened.

"Please, please, I beg you, let me go, I have to tell my master!"

"There's only one master here and you are looking at him!" and with that Hercules took a deep breath and with a roar of power hit the largest chest pose that Jean had ever seen in his life. As he witnessed the muscles grow and expand he moaned but then shook his head and gritting his teeth pulled against the ropes holding him prisoner, grunting "I....HAVE....TO....TELL...MY...MASTER!"

"Admit it" smirked Hercules as he approached Jean, his chest still flexed and his nipples a good four inches ahead of them, "your master is nothing compared to me. Look at me, Jean, look at me and tell me your deepest, darkest desires!"

As Jean continued to pull, his eyes were shut and as he grunted about his master, Hercules's attitude started to change. It was clear that Jean was just as dedicated to his master as Iolaus was dedicated to Hercules. As he watched Jean pull with every ounce of strength in his mortal body, Hercules started to relax and took in the sight. A man, a mere mortal, was resisting all of his renowned sexual charms, charms that made every woman in Athens and almost every second man just collapse in delirium and as he saw this Hercules nodded and with that whispered into Jean's ears "Go, go tell your master!" and with that stepped back.

"Let me go then!" panted Jean, "for I cannot break free of your bonds!"

"Then I shall help you!" replied Hercules with a glint in his eyes and before Jean had a chance to react, Hercules had leapt on him and thrusting his fourteen inch hard, vascular cock down Jean's throat grunted "Feed on my nectar, mortal, free yourself!"

“Feed me, Hercules” moaned Jean, “Feed me with the power of the gods. Give me your strength, your power, your essence”

As Timothy watched over Jean he chuckled. That fool of a constable had been taken in by his impersonation of Inspector Fix and now, disguised as the purser on board the Carnatic, having disposed of the original and leaving him on the quayside in Hong Kong, he was going to make this manservant’s life a living nightmare quite unlike the dream he was having at the moment. As he watched Jean’s hips buck and his moans about Hercules, he chuckled. This man was as inverted as he was not and watching him experience the power of Hercules was quite an entertaining way to spend the time but he had a mission and so picking up a bucket of cold water, he prepared to throw it over Jean when the moment was right.

“Yes” moaned Jean, his bucking becoming more violent, “yes, yes, yes” and just as he opened his eyes and screamed “YES!”, Timothy threw the bucket of water over him and in a gruff Liverpool accent roared “So, the stowaway has finally woken up eh? I suppose you thought that you could sail to Japan without paying your way, did you? Well, I have got news for you, you are going to work harder than you have ever worked before in your life to pay the cost of travelling to Japan!”

“But I have a ticket” protested Jean and rifled through his jacket only to find the pockets empty.

“Don’t bother” smiled Timothy with a wicked grin, “I looked already for your ticket and couldn’t find them” and as Jean patted his jacket frantically, Timothy remembered throwing the ticket into the furnace that powered the engines, “so from now until Japan you work for me. First off, take off that jacket and those trousers!”

As Jean took of the sodden clothes, Timothy added the humiliation, “and your waistcoat and your shirt!” until Jean stood there in just a vest and pair of long johns but Timothy wasn’t done yet. “Come on” he bellowed “and that vest as well!”

Jean took off the vest to reveal his muscular torso as Timothy picked them all up and headed in the direction of the furnace and then dumping them behind the furnace he opened the door and threw in a lump of coal and moved out of the way and said “That’s your uniform until we reach Japan” which caused Jean to slump to the floor and wail. As he came back Timothy roared “If you don’t work as hard as I expect you to, then you’ll go overboard, Understand?”

Jean nodded sadly and as he turned, Timothy kicked him up the backside and caused him to land on his chest with Timothy’s peals of laughter filling the air of the engine room. From that moment on Jean’s life was one long task after another. First he had to peel a basket of potatoes, a task that when completed was rewarded by Timothy opening a cupboard revealing another six baskets of potatoes. The following morning Jean was put onto scrubbing duty on deck and when Timothy roared his displeasure at the speed of his work, he threw a bucket of sea water all over him that caused him to shiver terribly. And still the torture continued as he was put to work peeling onions, the smell causing his eyes to water, but as he wiped away the tears he knew the real reason he was sad was that he had been separated from his master and he wondered what his master was doing at this very moment back in Hong Kong.

Chapter Forty Two

“Good morning, I do apologise for troubling you, but I sent my manservant here yesterday to buy tickets for us to board the Carnatic and, well, he’s not returned. The name’s Fogg!”

“Ah, yes” said the ticket master and handed Phileas a receipt, “your manservant was in quite the hurry when I told him that the ship was going to sail at eight last night” and then he stopped and said “You mean he didn’t tell you?”

Phileas shook his head and said “We haven’t seen him for the best part of eighteen hours!”

As they left the ticket office for the Carnatic’s company, Phileas was starting to get worried. It was quite unlike Jean to simply wander off and not come back and as they continued their search he began to wonder whether Jean, realising that he could never compete with the love that Phileas had for the Princess, had either taken his own life or got on board one of the many ships that used Hong Kong as a base in order to start a new life for himself in a country where his strength and power would get him as many men as he could handle. Having consulted his copy of Bradshaw’s he knew that he had to be in Yokohama by November 13th in order to catch the General Grant that would sail from the port at half past six that evening. It was now November 8th, meaning that he had to charter a boat that could either get there at the same time as the Grant or overtake it, a tricky ask at the best of times, but it would mean leaving the mystery of his manservant unresolved and so they walked along the quayside trying to find such a boat and hoping, perhaps beyond hope, that Jean would appear before they had to leave.

“Is your honour looking for a boat?”

“Have you a boat ready to sail?”

“Yes, your honour; a pilot-boat—No. 43—the best in the harbour.”

“Does she go fast?”

“Between eight and nine knots the hour. Will you look at her?”

“Yes.”

“Your honour will be satisfied with her. Is it for a sea excursion?”

“No; for a voyage.”

“A voyage?”

“Yes, will you agree to take me to Yokohama?”

The sailor leaned on the railing, opened his eyes wide, and said, “Is your honour joking?”

“No. I have missed the Carnatic, and I must get to Yokohama by the 13th at the latest, to take the boat for San Francisco.”

“I am sorry,” said the sailor; “but it is impossible.”

“I offer you a hundred pounds per day, and an additional reward of two hundred pounds if I reach Yokohama in time.”

“Are you in earnest?”

“Very much so.”

As the two men looked at each other, each trying to ascertain who was the more honest, Aouda closed her eyes and wished that the gods would look kindly on them. The sailor turned around and addressed his crew who came to a stop as he spoke.

“We’re going to Yokohama” he declared and both Phileas and Aouda breathed a sigh of relief and arranging that they would leave ninety minutes later made their way to the commissioner of police for Hong Kong to report their missing friend, without knowing that the commissioner was currently in another conference, with an inspector who was getting terribly frustrated.

“Can you not see that if we let this criminal genius escape Hong Kong, he might never be brought to justice?”

“Please, Inspector” replied the Commissioner, inhaling the local tobacco, “calm yourself. You are too over excited for a man of your age!”

The Inspector groaned and as he did the Commissioner poured him a cup of tea saying “You sound like you need some green tea!”

“What I need” said the Inspector through gritted teeth, “is a Commissioner of Police who actually polices the colony he is in charge of!” and was about to accuse the Commissioner of everything under the sun when there was a knock at the door and the arrival was announced of a “Phileas Fogg, sir, to report a missing person!”

“Ah” smiled the Commissioner, “you see Inspector, things happen in Hong Kong for a reason” and giving permission for the gentleman to enter he added “I am very good judge of character, sir, if he is as villainous as you say then I shall be able to detect that villainy within seconds of him entering the room!” however the Inspector did not reply as he had hidden behind a screen and whispered “Act naturally, Commissioner, he mustn’t know I am here!”

Chapter Forty Three

The Commissioner shrugged his shoulders as the gentleman entered accompanied by a young lady who instantly took the Commissioner’s fancy and as the gentleman introduced the party, the Commissioner’s eyes suddenly opened wide.

“Aouda Jeehee?” he asked, “Oh, my dear lady, I never thought I would ever get the chance to meet you” and with that he stood up and shook her hand adding “May I offer my deepest condolences for your aunt and uncle, they were good people my dear, so as soon as I heard about their deaths I made an immediate representation to the Governor for an official memorial service to them. Oh, my dear, you should have been there, nearly every ambassador from Asia was in attendance and the Dutch ambassador as well. Turns out you have some Dutch blood in you!”

“I do?” she asked

“Yes” came the reply, as the Commissioner opened his drawers and took out a card, “here, take this. It was a business card given by the Dutch government to give to any relative of the Jeehee family if they came to Hong Kong” and as he handed it over he said “I believe that’s where your family now live”

Aouda looked at the card and gasped “Amsterdam. I have family in the Netherlands?”

“I believe so!” smiled the Commissioner

“In that case, my dear” said Phileas, turning to Aouda, “it is on to Europe” and with that he turned to the commissioner and explained the reason for his visit.

“Oh dear” said the Commissioner, “I am sorry to hear that, how can I be of help?”

“Sir” replied Phileas, taking a collection of notes from the bag, “please hold this in trust until he returns”

As the Commissioner counted the money he exclaimed “A thousand pounds!” and as he did Fix let out an audible groan which the Commissioner masked as indigestion and apologised for and asked “But what if he doesn’t come?”

“I would ask you to donate to a local charity of your choice, sir” he replied as they both bowed to the Commissioner, “and tell them that it was donated on behalf of Mr. Phileas Fogg of London and Aouda Jeehee, a native of this colony” and with that he placed his hat on his head and walked out of the office leaving Fix absolutely seething with anger.

“That’s the bank’s money” he roared at the Commissioner, “you’re handling stolen goods!”

“Is it?” asked the Commissioner, “As I said I am a very good judge of character and I believe them both to be fine upstanding members of the British Empire!”

“HE IS A THIEF” came the bellowed reply to which the Commissioner poured another cup of green tea and said “You know, Inspector, this case is making you extremely agitated. Would you like me to contact London and ask them to give you a fortnight off?”

“Unwilling to do your job, eh?” said the Inspector, taking his leave, “then I shall have no other option but to report you to Commissioner Rowan of Scotland Yard when I get back to London and then to the Empire Office!” and with that he slammed the door behind him and grumbled all the way outside. No sooner had he done so, than something barreled into him and both he and the something fell to the ground heavily. This did not improve the Inspector’s mood one bit and as he sat up he yelled at the something “DRUMMOND! You have better have a very good reason for knocking down a superior officer!”

Drummond, who had been for once in his life using what little intelligence he had, had run all the way from the quayside to inform the inspector about Phileas hiring a ship. As soon as he realised what was happening the Inspector gave chase and managed to catch up with Phileas and the Princess a few yards from the ship. If he couldn’t arrest him in Hong Kong then the only thing to do would be to tail him as closely as possible and so he decided to make himself known by saying “Excuse me, sir!”

“Goodness me, sir” exclaimed Phileas, “fancy meeting you here” and with that introduced the Princess to the poor gentleman who had very nearly missed the Mongolia in Suez to which Fix went a little red.

“I just wanted to thank you for that, sir” the Inspector said, “I’ve been trying to find a moment to do so, but, well my business seems to keep me from doing so, so it is only fair that I do it now!”

“Thank you, sir” replied Phileas, and shook the Inspector’s hand, “it is nice to see that the common grace that we English present isn’t fading as some people believe” and with that turned around to head towards the ship they had hired and said “Perhaps we shall be able to have a longer conversation in London again, sir, we are heading to Japan!”

“You too?” asked the Inspector and told a tale of such deceit about having missed a connection that as he finished he told himself “Keep that man under observation, by any means needed, even if it means lying!”

“Oh, my dear sir” said Phileas, offering his sympathies, adding “So it seems only fair that I offer you passage to Japan with us, if you do not mind the accommodation that is?”

“You believed that…” the Inspector started but stopped himself and said “Sir, I accept your kind and generous offer” and with that he shook the hand of the man he was tasked with trailing. All of which came as rather a surprise to Drummond who blurted out, “But I thought…” but a quick hand over his mouth by the Inspector prevented him from letting the cat out of the bag and he apologised by saying “Do forgive my solicitor, he’s rather highly strung!” and asked permission for him to come along as well which was granted and with that the four of them boarded with Phileas paying the captain of the vessel an extra eight hundred pounds to cover the extra passengers.

“They’ll never believe I am a solicitor?” asked Drummond to the Inspector under his breath

“If he has met the ones that I know” the inspector replied, “he will not doubt it for a moment” and with that nodded politely to Phileas who introduced them to the captain and a few moments later the trusty vessel, the Tankadere was heading towards the land of the rising sun. As they did, Phileas’s thoughts turned to his missing lover and the predicament that he must be in. He had to be alive, reasoned Phileas, otherwise a body would have been found by now some twenty-four hours after going missing but where was he. Suddenly he had a thought that chilled him to the bone. What if he had been pressganged to work on a ship against his will? Yes, the practice had long been outlawed in Britain, but in the colonies of the British empire anything was possible. With this thought reeling around his head, Phileas closed his eyes and whispered to himself “Be brave my lover, one day we shall meet again, I know it!”