Wulven

What draws you you to muscle?

What draws you to muscle? Do you enjoy the size and power on yourself, others or both? 

Which muscle is your favorite?

For me I enjoy building muscle on myself and training friends who also enjoy the gym, watching them grow and change. I also love a great pair of pecs.

• Like 2

I enjoy building muscle on myself and seeing other guys with muscle. 

I love calves, everything else is a close second.

I just love seeing how the shape changes and how a body part can go from pliable to rock solid when flexed.

• Like 4

I like both. I definitely want to build more muscle on myself, as well as lose some of the padding covering it. I also really enjoy seeing and admiring it on others, although mostly from afar or in pictures. You certainly have some very good muscles yourself. 

Both. In so many ways.

I enjoy to workout myself, enjoy the feeling of pump, and like to see how the shape of my body gradually change in the long term, thanks to my own decisions and acts. I also become more harmonious by working out regularly -- both within the hours following an actual workout and long-term in a more general sense.

I also enjoy to give others (often with greater potential than myself) training advice.

I'm very impressed by the gains of professional and semi-professional bodybuilders, and I am impressed by the capacity of Strongman competitors. Their self-discipline to achieve that level of mass, conditioning and/or strength earn them my respect. They exercise on an entirely different level than myself.

Something I like very much, is when guys with impressive physiques try a career in acting: Action heroes and super-heroes are much funnier to watch, when the roles of them are played by actors with real-life physical achievements. The backside of that is, when a good bodybuilder happens to be a bad actor (The ability of Peter and David Paul, back in thee 80s, to walk around and look off-season BIG, was far greater than their ability to act, for instance, and even Schwarzenegger's acting skills became far better in his later acting career, than what they were in the beginning of his acting career: Hercules in New York is cringe-worthy).

The muscles that are my personal favourites to train, and feel the gains of, are shoulders, lats and calves. When my lats and my tricepses rub against each other, I feel that I am on the right path in exercise. I have fond memories from when I first had that experience, and was very, very surprised. "Is this how the big guys have felt all the time?", I thought.

The muscles of others, that impress me most, are probably the usual suspects: Pecs, biceps and traps: All three are very visual.

Imagination about myself or some friend becoming miraculously and unrealistically big in a matter of minutes or hours cause arousal -- a theme explored in some stories on this website. It's not my intention to make someone embarrassed: This is just how it is.

So the answer is BOTH. In so many ways.

Btw: I have noticed, that the way I perceive myself in my mind changes more slowly than my actual physical shape do. Sometimes, I have needed the observations of friends, in order to become aware of, that I have actually gained in size, compared to my past shape.

Edited by Hialmar
self-perception
  • Like 4

I get what you mean Hialmar, it takes awhile for me to feel the difference in my own muscle development verses others. Having friends comment on development is always a great help for me.

I'm sure many of us get sexually excited at the thought of muscle growth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I enjoy it both on myself and on others, but I'd say on myself its more about the power to intimidate and stand out, while on others it depends, I prefer smaller ripped muscles on more rugged or traditionally handsome guys, also on tall guys, and like the rough manly or intimidating look, while I prefer big beefy muscles on short or more cute and boyish guys because it find it makes them cuter (odd I know but I don't find huge soft beefy muscles that rugged looking especially when the face is very boyish, at least when they aren't very hairy). Personally, I do prefer (proportional) size over super ripped muscles.

Additionally, I love seeing muscle growth and transformations, especially if its a big change, I love seeing the changes over time, on myself but more so on others, especially if on others it becomes an obsession.

I personally don't like working out though, I do it purely as a means to an end, I train for vanity and not for strength or a goal as lofty as 'health' as sad as it sounds XD

As for my favourite muscles, they are the shoulders, the legs (both calves and thighs), huge calves especially are a big turn on, I love big pillowy pecs, and broad lats, I also like a very developed and beefy apollo's belt but that's very rare, and although not a muscle I do also find exceptionally beautiful and eye-catching when the torso itself is very thin and long compared to the muscles on the frame themselves, or when the build of the muscles is very big thick and more like a beefcake all over and the waist is very small, I also like oversized arm muscles when compared to the waist (another peculiarity).

• Upvote 1

I enjoy working out most of the time, but there are definitely times where I just want to get in and get out. Though it's much more fun in a hardcore gym with bigger guys around. I get jealous of their size and it motivates me. Not familiar with an Apollo's belt. Dutch pump if you could instantly have more muscle in one area, where would it be?

• Upvote 1