AJ & Noah

muscleaddict

1 hour ago, portamivia said:

Can we turn this into a Netflix series? Pretty please?

(And we should start arguing who the protagonists should be...)

Hehe! If any TV/film production companies are reading, I'm open for negotiations! And I already have a few guys in mind who could play AJ! ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, crushme99 said:

Great chapter indeed. ?

I hate to think of you working so hard but . . . I hope there are 427 more chapters yet to come.  ?

There's quite a few still to come. And don't worry about me. You have no idea how much I loved writing this story. ?

• Like 3

Next chapter of the story, along with another illustration from my mate "Reeddune". This one is of AJ from the front! ?

180962499_38930334_529233980840388_7257139771137327104_n2.thumb.png.4db65f4883356e31f077512ccc05ae04.png

Eight

I spent the next three days in a state of almost dizzy happiness. This hadn’t gone unnoticed by my mum, who wrongly suspected it had something to do with whoever she thought I’d gone drinking with the Friday before.

I hadn’t heard from AJ, though. I had been tempted to get in touch with him. Roughly about four to five hundred times a day. I’d even opened Facebook a couple of times with the intention of sending him a message, but each time I backed out.

He had been the one to get in touch with me initially, and it had been me who’d made the first move the next day. I figured it was his turn next. But while the prospect of more cheeky, bodybuilding related banter with AJ filled with me excitement, the idea of actually seeing him in the flesh filled with me nerves.

It was completely absurd. The week before I was training with him and making jokes about the fact he had trouble walking through doorways without turning sideways, and now the thought of casually bumping into him made my stomach twist in knots.

And yet, when I entered the gym to discover he wasn’t there, my heart dropped from disappointment. During the shoulders and back workout I was following from AJ’s training plan, I decided I would message him on Facebook when I’d finished. So what if I’d been the one to reach out first the last time?

Half way through my training I had stopped to fill up my water bottle from the water machine when someone behind me suddenly spoke.

“I reckon you should go for blue!”

It startled me so much that I jumped. So much so that AJ Jones laughed and apologised. Seeing him in the flesh standing before me, looking painfully huge and adorably cute seemed to vanquish any nerves I had been feeling earlier. My insides seemed to be doing summersaults. Or maybe it was just those butterflies.

His hair wasn’t so styled as it has been before, and was even a little fluffy at the front. Which I found completely adorable. It was like he hadn’t really bothered to make an effort. It was funny, because no matter how times I saw AJ, I still couldn’t get used to just how ridiculously huge and muscular he was. Those arms. The shoulders. The chest. He looked like a fucking cartoon that had been drawn into the ordinary setting of a leisure centre gym.

“Sorry - what were you saying? Blue …?”

“Posers!” he cheekily said with a completely straight face.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!! He did NOT just say that, I thought. I blushed furiously.

“For your first bodybuilding competition!” His face then cracked and his mouth grew into a wide, mischievous grin. I felt my face relax and soften into a grin, but I was still blushing.

AJ chuckled. “How’s the training going?”

“Yeah, good! Legs have recovered. Just about!” I said, making a face.

“What are you working on today?”

“Back and shoulders!”

AJ nodded. “Nice! Oh, shit. There’s my client,” he suddenly said looking around. My heart dropped again.

“Oh, I’ve been thinking.” My heart pounded. I had no idea what AJ was about to say. “The being shy on stage thing? You can just ask Mark Green how he overcomes it when he gives you your first training session at Scorpio’s!”

FUCKING HELL!

I couldn’t help but sheepishly smirk, while being reminded of our utterly awesome Facebook messages. I knew AJ was only joking, but I couldn’t help fantasising about that very scenario playing out. Being trained by 6’3 monster Mark, and AJ by my side, too. Just for the company. Or maybe protection.

“Would that be before or after he’s put me in a protein shake?” I playfully asked.

AJ giggled. The cute, little giggle I was becoming to love so much. I was definitely going message him on Facebook later that afternoon.

“See you later, mate!” he said, his eyes glistening and his face all grinning, before he walked away with his big, beefy bum sticking out of his trackie bottoms. And there it was, again. That same, hot little bodybuilder waddle I’d witnessed in Tesco just a few weeks before.

I was not long through the door when my mum sprung a question on me. “Do you want to come with me to see your nan? You‘ve barely seen her since you came back.”

I groaned, but then instantly felt guilty.

“When are you going?!” I asked.

“In half an hour!”

“Fine!” I said, begrudgingly.

When my nan opened her door and saw me, her face lit up. She excitedly held her hands up in front of her, like she just couldn’t wait to grab my face.

“What have been doing with yourself, Noah?” she asked me, as we were sat down.

“Erm … not much! Just chilling out.”

“Eating me out of house and home!” my mum replied.

I rolled my eyes. “I joined the gym last week.”

The way my nan looked at me, all doughy eyed, grinning wildly with that glint in her eye, you’d think I was indulging in the most riveting conversation in the world. Not talking about eating and joining a gym.

“Any jobs going at the gym?” my mum quipped.

I rolled my eyes again.

“He doesn’t want to be wasting his time doing that!” my nan exclaimed.

“Thanks, nan!” I said, looking at my mum with a sly grin.

“You’ve got to enjoy yourself while you’re young, dear,” my nan continued.

“Oh, he does, don’t worry! And have you heard from any of these publishing work experience placements you’ve applied for?” my mother asked.

Ugh! “Not yet!” I replied, becoming increasingly annoyed at my mother. “I told you, they’re hard to get on!”

“And how’s your special friend, Natalie?” my nan asked.

“Naomi!” I said, correcting her.

I exchanged grins with my mum. Nan always referred to Naomi as my “special friend”.

“Yeah, she’s good. She’s staying in Brighton for the summer but she’s coming back in a few weeks for the weekend.”

“You didn’t tell me that!” my mum said. “He never tells me anything!” I wondered whether she was about to mention “Internet gay sex dating apps”. I’m pretty sure the fact we were sat in front of my nan was the only reason she didn’t.

“Whatever happened to that other boy you were friends with?The really little one?” my nan then asked.

Oh my God! My heart started pounding. Surely she was talking about Reece Miller, my ex best friend who outed me in Year 11?

“You mean Reece?” I asked.

“Ugh!” my mum exclaimed. “That little - oooh, I tell you, if I ever see him again!”

When my mum found out what Reece had done, she’d marched round to his house to confront him and ended up having a shouting match with his mum about how to raise her kids properly. I was partly mortified, but at the same time, it was also pretty fucking awesome.

“No, that wasn’t him,” my nan said. “He had a funny name!”

Oh Fuck. My cheeks burned up and I couldn’t seem to look at my mum. I knew exactly who my nan was talking about.

“AJ!” my mum replied. The word sounded strange coming my mother. It was like someone had given my heart a little pinch. “Awww, little AJ!” my mum said, gushingly. “I still see his mum.”

“Do you?!” I quickly said, surprised, and with way too much interest.

“Yeah!” she said looking at me curiously. “I’m sure she said he worked in Tesco’s but I’ve never seen him in there.”

OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.

I felt like I wanted the ground to swallow me whole. I knew for a fact that my mum had seen AJ in Tesco, because he’d told me himself that he had. And that he’d even said hi to her. She clearly hadn’t made the connection between “Little AJ” and the obscenely muscular tank whose thick chest and enormous arms bulged in and around the material of his work shirt. I had no idea how I’d react if she ever did make that connection, or perhaps manage to spot his name badge, and then proceed to tell me that he was now a fuck off huge bodybuilder. Or whatever words my mum would use.

I desperately changed the subject from AJ, failing to tell my mum that a) yes, he did work in Tesco because, b) I saw him in there the other week, c) he also works at the Leisure Centre gym and gave me my induction, d) I’ve also had a personal training session with him, e) I’ve been exchanging funny, cheeky, mostly bodybuilding related messages with him on Facebook for the past few days, because f) he’s an outrageously muscular, competitive bodybuilding muscle bull, who g) I haven’t been able to stop thinking about for the past week or so.

“Why does nan always call Naomi my “special friend”?” I asked my mum on the walk back home.

My mum laughed. “Who knows? I don’t think she thinks that a boy and a girl can just be friends. Or maybe it’s her word for the LGBG - what is it - people, community?”

I smiled and shook my head. “It’s LGBT. Just say gay people!”

“I’m trying to be trendy!” she said, smiling.

My phone pinged. I innocently checked it without thinking and I felt a familiar jolt of excitement when I saw the words AJ Jones has sent you a message on my screen. Apparently I failed to hide my emotions from my mother.

“What are you grinning that? Oooh, another text. Is that your new boyfriend?”

Mum!” I exclaimed. I was mortified. My mother was completely OK with me being gay but I still didn’t fell comfortable talking to her about guys I was dating.

“Well there’s someone you keep going out with every Friday night.”

I rolled my eyes. I refused to reveal, or say any more and spent the rest of the walk home listening to her complain about one of the neighbours, while dying to know what cheeky, funny, muscle related message AJ has sent me.

“So, I’ve been thinking. I should really have a nickname. All of the best bodybuilders have them. And if you want to be a shredded muscle freak, you should really have one too!”

I jumped on my bed with my phone, the biggest grin on my face.

“Hehe! Sounds good.”

A few minute’s passed, then three dots. God, I loved those dots.

“Whose shall we chose first?”

“Let’s go with you!” I replied.

“Hehe! OK, you won’t know these names, but I’ll give you some examples of bodybuilder’s with nicknames. Chris “Freaky Peaks” Jackson. Tommy “The Tank” Foster. Liam “The Guns” Watson.”

This is hilarious, I thought. Not only did I know and love all three of the famous muscle freaks he’d listed, but I’d also shot a load to each and every one of them at some point. Tommy Foster just a few short days ago. What the hell would AJ think if he knew this?

“Any suggestions?” Then he sent the emoji with the big, teeth bearing grin.

I typed the first thing that came into my head.

“Hmmm. How about AJ “The Freakazoid” Jones?”

“FUCK YEAH!! Haha! Love it.”

“AJ “The Incredible Bulk” Jones?”

“OMG! That’s awesome!”

“AJ “Is That Even Human? I Think It Might Just Be” Jones?”

“HAHA!! Yep. That’s the keeper!” Then he sent the crying face emoji.

I thought of a few more nicknames in my head. AJ “Cutie McBeefy Bum” Jones. AJ “Why Are You So Fucking Hot?” Jones. And AJ “As In Noah’s New Boyfriend, AJ” Jones. Somehow I didn’t quite have the nerve to share them.

“OK. Now it’s time to think of your nickname.”

I couldn’t stop smiling. AJ was typing another message.

“How about…Noah “The Buff Cookster” Cook?”

I grinned wildly. “I like it! GRRRR!”

Oh God. I can’t believe I just GRRRR’ed at AJ!

“Did you just GRRRR?” AJ messaged.

“I think I just did!” And then I sent the blushing face, eyes wide open emoji.

“You’ll be GRAARR’ing next! I’m such a bad influence.”

“You always were!”

It was the first time either of us had mentioned anything about the time we were friends at school. It felt weird, but also kinda nice.

He sent a shocked face emoij. “What do you mean?!”

“Erm…the bookmarks from the book fair at primary school!”

“OMG! Haha. OK, we both stole them.”

“Yes, but you’re the one who came up with the idea to shove them up the sleeves of our school jumpers!”

“Hehe. OK, but the prank phone calls to Mrs Bennett in Year 8 were your idea.”

“Oh God! Remember when she said our names down the phone? AJ! Noah! I know it’s you two!”

“Haha! We fucking shit ourselves.”

And for a moment he wasn’t AJ The Bodybuilder. He was just my old friend AJ from school. Until his next message came through.

“OK, back to the nicknames. How about Noah “The Super Shredder” Cook? “Shredder” because you’d be all shredded and shit.”

My dick twitched. The thought of me shredded. Hell yeah!

“I feel like I would be shredded.” I replied.

“Oh, to the fucking BONE, mate.”

My face literally ached from smiling so much.

“OK, I’ve got one for me,” I messaged. “Noah “What’s Cooking? Shredded Fucking BEEF” Cook.”

“OH MY GOD!! I LOVE IT! You’re so much better at this than I am.”

I pulled a face to myself. “Nah! Yours are awesome, mate!” I messaged.

“I guess that’s why you’re at uni and I work in Tesco.” And then he sent the crying with laughter emoji.

The message completely threw me. It was so odd to read a comment where AJ was putting himself down. I almost hated seeing it. Like the idea of AJ having a single negative thought about himself upset me and I felt an almost overwhelming urge to remind him just how awesome, and cute, and funny he was.

“Oh please! Anyone can get into uni these days!”

“Thanks. I think!”

I felt a jolt of panic. “NO! I didn’t mean it like that!”

“Hehe! I KNOW! Don’t worry, mate.” And then he sent the cutest emoji of them all. The AJ emoji.

And I suddenly felt stupid. And a little embarrassed that I’d panicked so much at the thought that I’d offended him.

“So…AJ “Is That Even Human? I Think It Might Just Be” Jones and Noah “What’s Cooking? Shredded Fucking BEEF” Cook it is then! The world won’t know what’s hit it.”

I lay my head on the pillow, my phone resting on my duvet. Just staring at the screen and smiling. I felt like I could have just lay there chatting to AJ all day. And in that moment, I genuinely couldn’t remember the last time I’d felt that happy.

• Like 23

26 minutes ago, anormorph said:

What's that?  It's Friday and there's a new Chapter of AJ and Noah?!  Happy weekend to us!

Hehe! And I should be able to get the next chapter posted tomorow! ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sithspawn said:

I dunno why but I'm having a really hard time picturing AJ in the meat aisle of a big Tesco, I keep thinking he'd look bigger in a Tesco express, trying to squeeze past customers in a smaller store :)

Haha!! What an image!! ?