AJ & Noah

muscleaddict

This is definitely the most emotionally powerful story I've read on this site. 10/10. I used to read a LOT of soppy romance novels (before I discovered gay muscle forums) and honestly this was better than 95% of them. 

On 1/6/2019 at 8:19 AM, muscleaddict said:

So I've had an idea that I'd love to run past those of you who enjoyed this story. I'm in two minds about doing this so I'd love to get some thoughts and opinions! What if I were to write and post a short story as if it were written by Noah? So it would be like a story within a story. The idea I've had is that AJ and Noah switch bodies so obviously it would have a very different feel/tone to the original story! It would be moving away from the realistic stuff and going more into fantasy based, which I appreciate might not be to everyone's taste! It would be quite quirky, but hopefully have a fun feel and there'd be scope for some comedy moments.

My biggest reservation is, because there's obviously a lot of love for the original story and this would be a different vibe, I wouldn't want to do anything to sort of tarnish that (even though it would be Noah's fictional/fantasy version of the characters). 

I originally posted this about not being into the body switch thing and such, but another idea came to me.

You could write the story starting from Noah's point of view, showing him at a desk, writing at his laptop, or maybe even in a paper journal. He  is shown to be about mid 40s possibly maybe even early 50. As for his body, you can decide how his body looks here.

Noah talks about where he is in his present life, and talks about how he got to where he is today, by going back onto his past and telling us what his life was like leading up to the present. And there would be times he would narrate during the progression of the story, at certain key points within it.

And at the end of the story, AJ is revealed, still looking pretty damn good in his mid 40s or 50s as well

And , I even have two titles for the story thought up. All you guys can vote on this, which you would like better.

1. AJ and Noah: The Continuing Story

Or

2. The Autobiography Of Noah Cook

What do you think? This is still MuscleAddict's to be written whatever way he wants, but I thought I'd throw a few suggestions out there.

• Like 1

@Shawn1978 - I love that you're coming up with your own ideas for a sequel! ? I think it would definitely be interesting to see what the lads would be like in their 30's/40's (though that would obviously mean setting the story in the future)! And if they'd still be together. And how far AJ would have gotten with his bodybuilding (a pro bodybuilder known worldwide and competing in some of the biggest shows in the IFBB or just an amateur bodbyuilder who competes once a year, while also juggling a fairly ordinary 9-5 day job)?

My own idea is something a bit simpler, and would be set the following summer after the first story (i.e. the summer of this year), with Noah having graduated from uni and moving back to Little Denton, with the big question of what happens next? I think I'd have it told from AJ's point of view too, rather than Noah's for a fresh perspective! So it very much be a glimpse into the world of a young bodybuilder who's in love with a boy, which none of his friends and family know about, and who might not necessarily be sticking around! ?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, muscleaddict said:

@Shawn1978 - I love that you're coming up with your own ideas for a sequel! ? I think it would definitely be interesting to see what the lads would be like in their 30's/40's (though that would obviously mean setting the story in the future)! And if they'd still be together. And how far AJ would have gotten with his bodybuilding (a pro bodybuilder known worldwide and competing in some of the biggest shows in the IFBB or just an amateur bodbyuilder who competes once a year, while also juggling a fairly ordinary 9-5 day job)?

My own idea is something a bit simpler, and would be set the following summer after the first story (i.e. the summer of this year), with Noah having graduated from uni and moving back to Little Denton, with the big question of what happens next? I think I'd have it told from AJ's point of view too, rather than Noah's for a fresh perspective! So it very much be a glimpse into the world of a young bodybuilder who's in love with a boy, which none of his friends and family know about, and who might be moving away/back to London at any point! ?

I think that sounds like a better idea. As I said, it's your story, so you should do what you feel is best.

Good luck!

• Like 2

On 1/15/2019 at 1:06 PM, muscleaddict said:

set the following summer after the first story (i.e. the summer of this year), with Noah having graduated from uni and moving back to Little Denton, with the big question of what happens next? I think I'd have it told from AJ's point of view too, rather than Noah's for a fresh perspective! So it very much be a glimpse into the world of a young bodybuilder who's in love with a boy, which none of his friends and family know about, and who might not necessarily be sticking around! ?

This is GREAT.  AJ's perspective on emotion and love would be wonderful.  In the first story, you probed into the deeper personality of Noah, now it would be AJ's turn.

Also, from AJ's perspective you can explore hot things like – what motivates him about bodybuilding?  what does it feel like in his head and guts when he's competing on stage?  how deeply is he into muscle passion?  how does he feel when his body is being worshipped or watched?  You could have a ton of fun writing that.  And us, reading it.  ?

• Like 2

On 17 January 2019 at 10:42 AM, muscledrain said:

I nearly fainted when I read this. I would read the HELL out of that. You already alluded to that in the story...I LOVE THIS IDEA AND CANNOT ENCOURAGE IT ENOUGH. If some people don't like fantasy, that's fine. But you have a gift for dialogue and this whole thing, which I read through in like three days, was amazing. I would love to see how their dynamics changed if Noah was suddenly the super huge (and also still tall) giant bodybuilder and Noah was the loveable waif of a boyfriend. Maybe the wish could be AJ's because he wishes for a way Noah could be with him. So reality changes (though they both remember the old reality) so that AJ now works in publishing and Noah is a professional bodybuilder and personal trainer and they are both living in London. Or something along those lines and we can see how much their viewpoint changes as they are doing something different with their lives. 

I just hope you follow up on this vision if it appeals to YOU. I think you should totally write that if it takes you to a happy place when you write it. I know I will go to a happy place reading it!

Thanks for this comment, matie and I'm glad you like the idea so much! My idea was for it to be a straight body swap. I guess kind of like a muscle addict/bodybuilder version of "Freaky Friday". So Noah wakes up in AJ's bed in Little Denton in AJ's body (cue lots of flexing and gawping in the mirror) and AJ wakes up in Noah's body in his bed in his student house in London (cue something along the lines of "I've lost my pecs. I have no abs. I'm … normal!" :D I then had the idea for AJ to have to sit an exam for Noah on something he knows nothing about and Noah would have to face the nerve-wracking prospect of getting on stage to guest pose at a bodybuilding show back home.

Normally I very much write what I want and don't think about an audience but, as I've said here before, this is a slightly different scenario as I'm using a story and characters that people seem to be really fond of and doing something which has a very different feel (hence the idea to make it a story written by fictional Noah).

• Like 4

On 16 January 2019 at 7:07 PM, crushme99 said:

This is GREAT.  AJ's perspective on emotion and love would be wonderful.  In the first story, you probed into the deeper personality of Noah, now it would be AJ's turn.

Also, from AJ's perspective you can explore hot things like – what motivates him about bodybuilding?  what does it feel like in his head and guts when he's competing on stage?  how deeply is he into muscle passion?  how does he feel when his body is being worshipped or watched?  You could have a ton of fun writing that.  And us, reading it.  ?

I'm glad you like the idea, matie! It would definitely be a challenge to write something from a bodybuilders' point of view and for it to be realistic. Cause, well (no surprises) I'm not and have never been a jacked, shredded competitive bodybuilder. I think I'd particularly enjoy getting into his head and finding out how crazy he is about Noah though. And finding out some things that he doesn't really say out loud, much like we did with Noah in the first one. Oh and yeah, I suspect the worship scenes would be fun to write too!

• Like 4

I think I can honestly say, I'd read the telephone book if you wrote it.  Just write more, dammit! (JK)  Seriously, you didnt ask us about your ideas when you were writing the original AJ and Noah and you hit it out of the park.  I have faith you'd put together a brilliant sequel, alternative history/future story, body swap tale or anything else you decided upon.  If you write it, we will come.

• Like 7