AJ & Noah

muscleaddict

So I've had an idea that I'd love to run past those of you who enjoyed this story. I'm in two minds about doing this so I'd love to get some thoughts and opinions! What if I were to write and post a short story as if it were written by Noah? So it would be like a story within a story. The idea I've had is that AJ and Noah switch bodies so obviously it would have a very different feel/tone to the original story! It would be moving away from the realistic stuff and going more into fantasy based, which I appreciate might not be to everyone's taste! It would be quite quirky, but hopefully have a fun feel and there'd be scope for some comedy moments.

My biggest reservation is, because there's obviously a lot of love for the original story and this would be a different vibe, I wouldn't want to do anything to sort of tarnish that (even though it would be Noah's fictional/fantasy version of the characters). 

• Like 2

To be honest, I’m not feeling it. It’s such a REAL story, probably the most realistic on here, that I feel like it would strike a false note. 

I wouldn’t mind a chapter after the fact from AJ’s point of view. That would be a nice coda if you feel like adding something. 

I should also mention that I personally don’t really like the fantasy stuff, so I am biased. 

Thanks for all your hard work!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, that1979guy said:

To be honest, I’m not feeling it. It’s such a REAL story, probably the most realistic on here, that I feel like it would strike a false note. 

I wouldn’t mind a chapter after the fact from AJ’s point of view. That would be a nice coda if you feel like adding something. 

I should also mention that I personally don’t really like the fantasy stuff, so I am biased. 

Thanks for all your hard work!

Thanks for your honesty, mate! This is exactly why I have my reservations about doing it! 

I’m totally up for this. Noah finding himself in AJ’s shorter, but massive body, bumping in to things because he doesn’t realise how wide he is. Being so turned on by himself all the time. And AJ finally seeing himself from a different perspective, a bit of self worship. I wonder if he’d let Noah top him in his old body?

i understand it’s a complete shift, but the story has concluded. This would be more like fan fiction, but from the original author. And as long as you gave a bit of a warning I can’t see people being upset. Probably a good idea to post it on a new thread though, just to highlight the difference. You could post something on here to let people know when it goes up.

Your writing is about what you want to write. It’s not like we’re paying you for it (yet).

• Like 1

I have the same reservations about fantasy.  Magic potions and comet dust can't beat the reality of tons of iron lifted to build realistic muscle.  But I fully understand that other people will feel differently.  There is no right or wrong, but for me the fantasy approach could be a disappointment.

Perhaps another way to explore Noah's or AJ's thoughts would be if one of them kept a diary or journal?  It "feels" less likely that AJ would be the one to do that, but if he did that would surprise us in a way that could open some insights into his personality.  Also, that "diary style" would impose some parameters that could be interesting from the writer's standpoint.  Unless you feel that the original story already has enough introspection.

muscleaddict, I think it is WONDERFUL that you might want to do more with these two fine and endearing characters.  And I do appreciate your dilemma of what direction to take.

• Like 1

Thanks for your thoughts and comments on this, guys! Fan fiction written from the author would be a pretty good way of describing it! If I did do it I would definitely make it clear of what is was and how it differs from the original. Hmmm. Maybe I should just go ahead and write that sequel instead. I'm definitely not short of ideas for it! ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, muscleaddict said:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments on this, guys! Fan fiction written from the author would be a pretty good way of describing it! If I did do it I would definitely make it clear of what is was and how it differs from the original. Hmmm. Maybe I should just go ahead and write that sequel instead. I'm definitely not short of ideas for it! ?

Hey Mate! I’m up for it! If you’re in doubt about it you still could write it, but change the characters names. 

As for the sequel, I would love to read it too. I miss those two mates. ???

• Like 3

Well I'm not really into fantasy stories of muscle growth as much or the old switcheroo kind of thing with body switches, but there are some that are. 

I'm much more about reading stories with fictional characters that feel real human emotions. Stories like AJ and Noah are the ones I love to read.

I'm all for reading an AJ and Noah sequel though for sure! There's alot more to explore with these two characters and I believe seeing how they grow and mature in their relationship would be a great thing to see.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2019 at 7:24 PM, muscleaddict said:

Maybe I should just go ahead and write that sequel instead. I'm definitely not short of ideas for it!

+1 for the sequel, one hundred bazillion percent :)

• Like 2

On 1/7/2019 at 7:24 PM, muscleaddict said:

Sequel. Please... 

• Like 1