AJ & Noah

muscleaddict

On 18 December 2018 at 10:12 PM, LOve4muscles said:

At this point, it is quite unanimous that you have to write a sequel. As a boring twinkish lawyer I have no right to suggest how you should continue your astonishing work, but I will give you my ideas anyway.

I would make a hiatus in the story, at least 4-5 years and i would open with the day before the marriage: AJ, a worldwide bodybuilder champion (and one of the very few openly gay) marrying his long-term boyfriend, a writer (who accidentally happens to have written a novel about their love story, which is the story we are reading) who after his graduation and a PhD on the representation of the male body in the literature from Homer to Oscar Wilde (or something like that) has gone living in LA with his professional bodybuilder's husband-to-be. To make it short, AJ just wants to be the first gay bodyb. to win the Olympia but has already decided that he needs to make something more substantial (than his 280 lbs of pure shredded muscles) getting an LLB and an LLM in MBA before going to work in some financial corporation or some IT newco somewhere in California. Dumb jocks might be hot, but smart and educated ones are even better and are less banal.

I would like to read their everyday's life, their growing up as a couple during the years surviving together the loss of their parents (Noah's mother dies from cancer after a long battle assisted by her beloved son and her equally beloved [almost] son-in-law whom she blesses with her last breath) and overcoming the deep insecurities that for different reasons afflict both AJ and Noah.

Coming back to the marriage, I would also put some pepper in the story and I would like to read the pain of AJ tailor fitting the suit for his marriage and some "oh crap" moments where he forgets how big he is straining too much his clothes.

In synthesis, I would like to make me cry, to excite me, to make my heart beat at the rhythm of our beloved characters. I have no authority to do so, but I forbid you to abandon your story. I want an invitation to AJ and Noah's marriage (and I have some ideas for the proposal too.... maybe somewhere in a certain Tesco and  a ring enveloped in a bodybuilder's pink poser?).

Enjoy your Christmas than start writing again. Marsh!

I am absolutely loving this comment @LOve4muscles! And I love that you mapped out a whole synopsis for a potential sequel! Haha! That's awesome, mate. I have to say that sounds like it would make a fucking great sequel. I especially love the idea of Noah having written a novel about him and AJ! Could it also be in development for a TV series/film perhaps? :D I actually had a similar thought that Noah would be into writing. And of course I love the idea of AJ being a well know, openly gay bodybuilder and everything that that would bring. Unfortunately though I don't think I could bring myself to do that to Noah's mum!! 

I won't lie, I have come up with a few ideas for a sequel, but I also have a ton of ideas for other stories too. One just came to me this morning actually which has been buzzing round my head ever since. So it's hard to say what I will actually settle on for my next story but I'd say there's a good chance it will probably have some kind of love story element to it. 

Hope you have a good Christmas too, mate - thanks again for the awesome comment! 

• Like 3

On 19 December 2018 at 2:59 PM, mikamik said:

Dear Muscleaddict!

First of all: THANK YOU! With all capital letters for all the Thirty eight wonderful chapter, for sharing your incredible talent with us! It truly comes from my heart, thank you!

I have to be honest, i was reluctant to read the last chapter, and i waited until today to do so. I got so involved emotionally with your characters, especially with Noah, that i couldn't handle any more potential heartbreaks. I could really see myself in him, and what (with incredible luck :)) could maybe happen to me :D. And again confession time, i read the first comments first, to see if they are happy or not ? And......well.......i have to admit.....i DID cry with Noah!

This was such an incredible, wonderful, awesome, unbelievable, superiorissimus (<- that's a new word i just came up with, cause i can't find the words to describe how great i feel your story is) story. It should be a best seller, hard copied book!

I have only one question, or maybe not really a question, but a note, maybe i just don't remember but i don't think either Noah or AJ said "I love you" to each other. It's just something that i thought of after reading the last words.

Okay...so yeah, Thank you again and again, and I really hope i will be able to read lots more of your superiorissimus (:D) stories in the future.

Huge AJ hugs,

Your grateful Fan

Wow! Thank you for this wonderful feedback @mikamik! I love it! And I love that the story had that effect on you and touched you that much! ?

@crushme99 is right - neither of them said "I love you", which wasn't necessarily an intentional thing. When someone commented here that they were hoping for that to happen I considered adding it in but I couldn't think of anywhere it would have fitted and I didn't want it to feel like it had been shoehorned in for the sake of it. 

Don't forget they were only actually together for a little while. Noah obviously told the reader he had fallen in love with AJ, but he wasn't sure if the feeling was reciprocated. Then AJ obviously did what he did and it all went to shit! Also everything was so new and a little scary for AJ. It took him a while before he was comfortable for Noah's best friend to know they were together so to say those words would have been a massive deal. Everything that happened with the story I did because it felt like the most natural path to take - including the end! 

Thanks again for this lovely and touching feedback, matie! Oh and I actually really like your new word "superiorissmus"! Can I steal it for my next story? :D

• Like 2

On 20 December 2018 at 4:03 AM, dredlifter said:

Awesome story.  Amazing.  Fantastic.  Various other synonyms of "great".

We all love the fantasy growth stories on here, but sometimes a good 'ole 100% realistic story can really hit the spot, and yours did. 

Thats really sweet! Thanks, matie! ? I've dabbled in the fantasy growth stuff (guys having the power to transform themselves into huge, 300 lbs muscle monsters!) and that was really fun but I think I find the realistic stuff more rewarding to write. And perhaps where my strengths lie. I don't know, that's probably not for me to judge.

• Like 1

On 19 December 2018 at 3:28 PM, neuheimeer said:

Thanks @muscleaddict, your story was the main inspiration for me to launch my very first story into life.

That's awesome to hear! Happy to have provided some inspiration, mate! ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21 December 2018 at 1:01 AM, rairf said:

You're always welcome at the support group! 

Awesome ending. I can't wait to see what you come up with next- once you're recharged, of course.

On 21 December 2018 at 1:51 AM, R3lgrub said:

The story was amazing.  It brought tears to my eyes.  While I’m sad to see it end, it ended well.  I look forward to your next effort.  

Thanks so much, guys! Where's this support group happening then? I'm guessing most of you guys are based in the States but I'd be up for making the trip. I'll bring some proper English tea and some nice biscuits! :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Thats really sweet! Thanks, matie! ? I've dabbled in the fantasy growth stuff (guys having the power to transform themselves into huge, 300 lbs muscle monsters!) and that was really fun but I think I find the realistic stuff more rewarding to write. And perhaps where my strengths lie. I don't know, that's probably not for me to judge.

I 100% agree.  Even in fantasy stories where a guy can outgrow his natural limits, I much prefer when there is an air of realism to them.  Like the guy still has to work his ass off lifting and eating to achieve hugeness.  The more realistic, the better!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

I am absolutely loving this comment @LOve4muscles! And I love that you mapped out a whole synopsis for a potential sequel! Haha! That's awesome, mate. I have to say that sounds like it would make a fucking great sequel. I especially love the idea of Noah having written a novel about him and AJ! Could it also be in development for a TV series/film perhaps? :D I actually had a similar thought that Noah would be into writing. And of course I love the idea of AJ being a well know, openly gay bodybuilder and everything that that would bring. Unfortunately though I don't think I could bring myself to do that to Noah's mum!! 

I won't lie, I have come up with a few ideas for a sequel, but I also have a ton of ideas for other stories too. One just came to me this morning actually which has been buzzing round my head ever since. So it's hard to say what I will actually settle on for my next story but I'd say there's a good chance it will probably have some kind of love story element to it. 

Hope you have a good Christmas too, mate - thanks again for the awesome comment! 

I would love to write a screenplay on it! And I would love to help you writing if you agreed. I have tons of ideas...

• Like 1

I still love this story. What started out a suspension filled trouser tenter, turned in to a fantastic romance. I aspire to be able write characters as well as you.

If you are floating the idea of a sequel, I would love to read it. Perhaps Noah competing in his first competition? In the same competition, but different category as AJ? If they both win their categories they’d have to do a public posedown with the other winners to try and get Best in Show. I could imagine some compression in AJ’s pink, and Noah’s cookie-monster-blue posers!

Perhaps this is the first time they meet in years after splitting up again? But now Noah knows his worth and isn’t as self conscious? And AJ realised that no one has ever loved him like Noah did.

Of course, it’s incredibly presumptuous of me to suggest things for your story. I hope you take it as a compliment, that your characters and ideas are so good thatmany of us are continuing to think of this story after it’s finished.

G

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 23 December 2018 at 4:44 PM, Gman said:

I still love this story. What started out a suspension filled trouser tenter, turned in to a fantastic romance. I aspire to be able write characters as well as you.

If you are floating the idea of a sequel, I would love to read it. Perhaps Noah competing in his first competition? In the same competition, but different category as AJ? If they both win their categories they’d have to do a public posedown with the other winners to try and get Best in Show. I could imagine some compression in AJ’s pink, and Noah’s cookie-monster-blue posers!

Perhaps this is the first time they meet in years after splitting up again? But now Noah knows his worth and isn’t as self conscious? And AJ realised that no one has ever loved him like Noah did.

Of course, it’s incredibly presumptuous of me to suggest things for your story. I hope you take it as a compliment, that your characters and ideas are so good thatmany of us are continuing to think of this story after it’s finished.

G

I absolutely take it as a huge compliment, mate! :D I love that people are coming up their own ideas for sequels and follow up stories! Funnily enough, I had a similar idea (one of a few) that they would be reunited years down the line after having split up again. I'm not sure if that would betray the ending to this story though. I'm also not sure how many times Noah would realistically go back to AJ! 

On 24 December 2018 at 8:00 AM, Built22 said:

perhaps you could revisit this story for a 1chapter christmas special each year, giving us all a catchup of our 2 favourite  heroes

That's an interesting idea, mate! It might be worth pointing out that even if I don't do another story/follow-up next, there's always a chance that I'll do one sometime in the future. Somewhere down the line! 

• Like 3