AJ & Noah

muscleaddict

Beautiful ending!!!  Thank you so much for all of your heart and soul that went into this story. This made us feel as it was real life.  It was an absolutely amazing story. Can't thank you enough for all your effort. ??????

On 16 December 2018 at 6:01 PM, Shawn1978 said:

MuscleAddict, I want to thank you for writing such an amazing and very endearing love story! AJ and Noah has been a great read and a great emotional rollercoaster ride!

Your talent, as a writer, is impressive, which makes me envious, because I can't write that well. I have great ideas and can think up great plots, and storylines that create drama and even deal with real life issues, but I struggle the most with characterization, when I write. The hardest thing about writing a lot of characters, is trying not to make them sound similar. You do an amazing job of distinguishing your characters you write for so we always know who it is that's talking.

This story has definitely touched me in many ways. The story gives alot of us hope that we'll end up with a hot muscled boyfriend like AJ or someone as adorable and sweet as Noah.

I'm most likely not going to have a muscle guy for a boyfriend, since no muscle guys around my area are gay. The way AJ and Noah feel for each other, I've never had anyone feel that way for me. And I'm OK with it, for the simple reason that there are worse things than being alone.

Well as sad as I am to see the story end here, at least it's still open for continuance. I'm echoing everyone else when I wonder what happens from here with them. Will AJ and Noah get married in the future? Will Noah become the Shredded Cookie Monster? Will he compete in his first Bodybuilding show with AJ cheering him on, or will they compete together, with maybe Noah being the winner? How would AJ react if Noah bested him in his Bodybuilding class? I think he would be shocked at first, but ultimately be so proud of Noah in the end. After all, Noah's success would be his success as well.

Alot of interesting questions that we may not get the answers to, but never say never, right?

I think this story would definitely be a hit on Netflix or even HBO. But alot of great gay viewing material is being brought to life online like The DaddyHunt Dating app and Where The Bears Are.  Two webseries that I find cute, funny, sexy, and even campy. The world needs more gay love stories to be brought to life on-screen. The gay youth really need positive stories like yours to be told, so that many can have hope that they can have their own special Noah or AJ one day.

Thanks again for an amazing ride, MuscleAddict. I will miss AJ and Noah very much, but I'm glad they are finally together again!

Keep up your awesome writing! You will go far with your talents!

Thanks so much for these lovely words, matie - and for all your awesome feedback since I started sharing this story! ? I don't know of a writer who isn't critical of their own work and a lot of us all have things we know we need to work on but it still bothers me to hear you put down your writing because the bit of the story I read of yours was really well written! I don't remember noticing an issue with the dialogue of your characters sounding similar but you obviously know your work better than me! I wish I had some advice in that area. Similar to that - one thing that I imagine would be a challenge for me personally (and it's something I've never attempted) is to write a story with multiple points of view! So to switch from one characters pov to another from chapter to chapter, and have them not be similar! I kind of like the idea of doing that though, so it would be interesting to see if I could pull that off for a future story! 

As I said in a previous post, I'm not quite sure that Noah's destined to be a shredded muscle freak! But there's obviously other stuff I could do if I were to revive the characters! I'm not even sure how far AJ would get with his bodybuilding either. Might be kind of fun to write about him getting his pro card though and start to become a well known name in bodybuilding!

Thank you again, matie! I don't know what I'll do next but I have lots of ideas! I really hope you continue with your writing too, mate! Oh and you'd do a lot worse than to meet a Noah! ?

• Like 3

On 12/16/2018 at 8:25 PM, jtchef said:

Beautiful ending!!!  Thank you so much for all of your heart and soul that went into this story. This made us feel as it was real life.  It was an absolutely amazing story. Can't thank you enough for all your effort. ??????

Awww, thanks so much for that lovely feedback, matie! ? I'm glad you liked the ending so much too. I'm happy with how it turned out!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Thanks so much for these lovely words, matie - and for all your awesome feedback since I started sharing this story! ? I don't know of a writer who isn't critical of their own work and a lot of us all have things we know we need to work on but it still bothers me to hear you put down your writing because the bit of the story I read of yours was really well written! I don't remember noticing an issue with the dialogue of your characters sounding similar but you obviously know your work better than me! I wish I had some advice in that area. Similar to that - one thing that I imagine would be a challenge for me personally (and it's something I've never attempted) is to write a story with multiple points of view! So to switch from one characters pov to another from chapter to chapter, and have them not be similar! I kind of like the idea of doing that though, so it would be interesting to see if I could pull that off for a future story! 

As I said in a previous post, I'm not quite sure that Noah's destined to be a shredded muscle freak! But there's obviously other stuff I could do if I were to revive the characters! I'm not even sure how far AJ would get with his bodybuilding either. Might be kind of fun to write about him getting his pro card though and start to become a well known name in bodybuilding!

Thank you again, matie! I don't know what I'll do next but I have lots of ideas! I really hope you continue with your writing too, mate! Oh and you'd do a lot worse than to meet a Noah! ?

At this point, it is quite unanimous that you have to write a sequel. As a boring twinkish lawyer I have no right to suggest how you should continue your astonishing work, but I will give you my ideas anyway.

I would make a hiatus in the story, at least 4-5 years and i would open with the day before the marriage: AJ, a worldwide bodybuilder champion (and one of the very few openly gay) marrying his long-term boyfriend, a writer (who accidentally happens to have written a novel about their love story, which is the story we are reading) who after his graduation and a PhD on the representation of the male body in the literature from Homer to Oscar Wilde (or something like that) has gone living in LA with his professional bodybuilder's husband-to-be. To make it short, AJ just wants to be the first gay bodyb. to win the Olympia but has already decided that he needs to make something more substantial (than his 280 lbs of pure shredded muscles) getting an LLB and an LLM in MBA before going to work in some financial corporation or some IT newco somewhere in California. Dumb jocks might be hot, but smart and educated ones are even better and are less banal.

I would like to read their everyday's life, their growing up as a couple during the years surviving together the loss of their parents (Noah's mother dies from cancer after a long battle assisted by her beloved son and her equally beloved [almost] son-in-law whom she blesses with her last breath) and overcoming the deep insecurities that for different reasons afflict both AJ and Noah.

Coming back to the marriage, I would also put some pepper in the story and I would like to read the pain of AJ tailor fitting the suit for his marriage and some "oh crap" moments where he forgets how big he is straining too much his clothes.

In synthesis, I would like to make me cry, to excite me, to make my heart beat at the rhythm of our beloved characters. I have no authority to do so, but I forbid you to abandon your story. I want an invitation to AJ and Noah's marriage (and I have some ideas for the proposal too.... maybe somewhere in a certain Tesco and  a ring enveloped in a bodybuilder's pink poser?).

Enjoy your Christmas than start writing again. Marsh!

• Like 1

Dear Muscleaddict!

First of all: THANK YOU! With all capital letters for all the Thirty eight wonderful chapter, for sharing your incredible talent with us! It truly comes from my heart, thank you!

I have to be honest, i was reluctant to read the last chapter, and i waited until today to do so. I got so involved emotionally with your characters, especially with Noah, that i couldn't handle any more potential heartbreaks. I could really see myself in him, and what (with incredible luck :)) could maybe happen to me :D. And again confession time, i read the first comments first, to see if they are happy or not ? And......well.......i have to admit.....i DID cry with Noah!

This was such an incredible, wonderful, awesome, unbelievable, superiorissimus (<- that's a new word i just came up with, cause i can't find the words to describe how great i feel your story is) story. It should be a best seller, hard copied book!

I have only one question, or maybe not really a question, but a note, maybe i just don't remember but i don't think either Noah or AJ said "I love you" to each other. It's just something that i thought of after reading the last words.

Okay...so yeah, Thank you again and again, and I really hope i will be able to read lots more of your superiorissimus (:D) stories in the future.

Huge AJ hugs,

Your grateful Fan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mikamik said:

i don't think either Noah or AJ said "I love you" to each other. It's just something that i thought of after reading the last words.

No, neither of them did.  I wonder if that was intentional on muscleaddict's part?  On one hand, I had hoped - and predicted - that AJ would be the one to say those words, perhaps as part of a tearful reconciliation.  But on the other hand, leaving them unsaid by either AJ or Noah still keeps us in a bit of suspense, recognizing that their relationship probably still needs to mature.  Only the author knows.  ?

• Like 1

Awesome story.  Amazing.  Fantastic.  Various other synonyms of "great".

We all love the fantasy growth stories on here, but sometimes a good 'ole 100% realistic story can really hit the spot, and yours did. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, dredlifter said:

We all love the fantasy growth stories on here, but sometimes a good 'ole 100% realistic story can really hit the spot, and yours did. 

Everyone has different opinions, of course, but I find the realistic approach of our friend muscleaddict much much much preferable to fantasy potions and magical muscles. But that's just me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/10/2018 at 3:11 PM, muscleaddict said:

I'd happily give you a hug for this lovely feedback, mate! Would I be welcome at the support group though? I fear I may be met with a few angry faces! ?

You're always welcome at the support group! 

Awesome ending. I can't wait to see what you come up with next- once you're recharged, of course.