AJ & Noah

muscleaddict

The feelings of unease when things are supposed to be good and fun, the insecurity, the hurt, the mistrust, and the range of  pain- from acute to gut-wrenching to bleak. I've relived the biggest heartbreak of my life in this arc. I love this story for reminding me of all of the highs- and even the lows. It would have felt false to me if Noah & AJ were able to resolve everything in one tidy chapter, especially with the timing of the Ibiza trip.  Your writing has touched me in this little muscle haven corner of the internet in ways few mainstream authors have managed to achieve.

Now I need a hug. Who's hosting the first meeting of the AJ & Noah support group? I'll bring the wine!

All that was good has gone to shit.  I'm beyond sad.  For them both.   Your writing is top notch; I wouldn't feel this bad if not for your skills as a writer.  Count me in for the support group meeting.

• Like 5

Hi

I apologize if I am being too bold writing this. But something smells fishy about AJ's explanation. I think there is more to it.

I could be reading the character wrongly but seems that's he is a very "to the face" type of person, even when dealing dealing with hard stuff, like apologizing to Noah. I think his way of breaking the relationship would be face to face. However,  he seem to go "dodgy" when he's ashamed or, more likely, when he expects rejection from Noah. He acted like this twice before, at the bar and with Dale's message.

I can't but think that AJ is very reich-ish on his archetype.

So I think something happened on Ibiza, something that AJ is rather end his relationship than face Noah's judgement and, through his former boyfriend emotions, facing his own judgement.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 9 December 2018 at 5:46 PM, rairf said:

The feelings of unease when things are supposed to be good and fun, the insecurity, the hurt, the mistrust, and the range of  pain- from acute to gut-wrenching to bleak. I've relived the biggest heartbreak of my life in this arc. I love this story for reminding me of all of the highs- and even the lows. It would have felt false to me if Noah & AJ were able to resolve everything in one tidy chapter, especially with the timing of the Ibiza trip.  Your writing has touched me in this little muscle haven corner of the internet in ways few mainstream authors have managed to achieve.

Now I need a hug. Who's hosting the first meeting of the AJ & Noah support group? I'll bring the wine!

I am so touched by this post! Thank you for those wonderful, heartfelt words @rairf! It means a lot to me to hear that this story has touched you and others, because I didn't know whether I had the skills or capability to actually do that.

I'd happily give you a hug for this lovely feedback, mate! Would I be welcome at the support group though? I fear I may be met with a few angry faces! ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Petricor said:

Hi

I apologize if I am being too bold writing this. But something smells fishy about AJ's explanation. I think there is more to it.

I could be reading the character wrongly but seems that's he is a very "to the face" type of person, even when dealing dealing with hard stuff, like apologizing to Noah. I think his way of breaking the relationship would be face to face. However,  he seem to go "dodgy" when he's ashamed or, more likely, when he expects rejection from Noah. He acted like this twice before, at the bar and with Dale's message.

So I think something happened on Ibiza, something that AJ is rather end his relationship than face Noah's judgement and, through his former boyfriend emotions, facing his own judgement.

Hey @Petricor - that post wasn't too bold at all! I appreciate any/all feedback and I love that you're analysing AJ's actions and reactions! ?

So obviously before AJ sent that text breaking up with Noah he'd been completely ignoring and avoiding him, so I don't think it would have felt right to go from that to a face to face confrontation. AJ had completely backed off at this point. Noah taking action and going round to his house was a wake up call and a prompt for him to do the right thing and be honest with Noah, and the easiest, and I think the most realistic, thing for AJ in that situation would be to text him. Also I don't know if AJ would have actually been able to break it off when faced with Noah. He may have crumbled and ended up back in his arms, confused about what he really wanted.

I also felt it was right for the structure of the story. We obviously had the big confrontation when Noah found the text from AJ, then the cooling off period with Noah hurt and avoiding him, then the (sort of/attempted) "make up" scene where AJ got upset, which was supposed to have a poignant feel. To then have another tense confrontation I think would have been overkill. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Petricor said:

Hi

It's possible that AJ encountered another "Dale type" in Ibiza.  Is it possible that AJ knows he can't control himself and he likes the idea of being wanted that much?  Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 3