AJ & Noah

muscleaddict

Guys, please don't be angry about Chapter Thirty-Five.  This is REAL LIFE.  This is as REAL as it gets.  And our friend muscleaddict has done a **STUNNING** job of capturing deep and true human emotions.  I'm astonished at his skills.

This . . . . Was . . . . Remarkable.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, crushme99 said:

Guys, please don't be angry about Chapter Thirty-Five.  This is REAL LIFE.  This is as REAL as it gets.  And our friend muscleaddict has done a **STUNNING** job of capturing deep and true human emotions.  I'm astonished at his skills.

This . . . . Was . . . . Remarkable.

I couldn't have said it better! This was an amazing chapter indeed! Stuff like this is what relationships are made of! Every relationship has it's ups and downs. AJ and Noah will only learn from their mistakes. They will learn, and they will grow. I believe they will come out of this setback, stronger than ever. Because sometimes you never know how good you have something, until you think you've lost it. AJ will learn from his mistakes and treasure Noah a lot more. If their relationship can survive infidelity, it can survive anything.

• Like 2

Please don't think that when I say this, I'm angry at you personally, because you did an incredible job setting up these characters, investing me in them, and making them feel real.

But also how dare you.  ?

Incredibly heartbreaking chapter MuscleAddict. Really well written and the characters actions and reactions are perfect. I really like how your writing is evolving. Now, that I said that, can you fix it and fix it fast?? Thanks! ????

• Like 3

I hope they can fix this relationship. I understand how AJ could have been manipulated by the asshat Dale, since AJ is new to the gay scene, but even so if you love someone, gay, straight or whatever, you don't cheat on them. AJ also knew how Noah felt about Dale that's why he lied about going out with his college buds, and on Noah's first night home. What gives with that?

Great writing and I'm looking forward to what happens next.

• Like 2

WTF !!!!! AJ what are you doing?  as noahs getting excited at returning home to see his bf,AJ is getting excited for other reasons,on the very his boyfriend is coming back hes getting ready to meet the cute muscley guy he met a week before.Noooooooo .if AJ does this after 5days that noahs been away what will AJ do when hes in ibiza with all the bronzed hunks on the beach?  and then when noah goes to uni? 

i hope these two can work it out ,but where do they go from here?  Having said that this was a powerful emotive chapter,really well written ????

• Like 1

Let's not forget that neither guy has yet spoken the "three magic words."  Here's my prediction:  The crisis will continue for awhile, because such hurts are seldom healed rapidly.  Noah will seek consolation from his friend Naomi and, who knows, Eddie might even reappear.  While in London, Noah's anger may somehow be expressed against "asshat Dale" (LOL, thanks for that JasperGhost).  But AJ already knows what is in his heart.  AJ will be the first one to say the words.  "But Noah...... I love you."

Or . . . Chapter Thirty-Eight:  Noah awakens in his bed the day after unexpectedly meeting his old school friend AJ Jones at Tesco's and finds himself remembering a very realistic dream he had last night.  ?

• Like 2

Well, guys, I have to admit I was a little nervous about sharing this chapter (but also kind of excited too - hehe)! Even back when the comments and all the amazing feedback started coming in early on the story I was thinking, "Shit! How are people gonna react to what AJ does in chapter 35!?" And, of course, I've been worried that some of you will hate this chapter. But, I have to say I am LOVING the reaction here! Thank you everybody for the brilliant feedback (as bloody ever!) and all the kind words! And if you *don't* particularly like what's happened, well I guess that's out of my control, but I'd say just please go along with the story, keep an open mind and see where it goes from here. 

As people have said here in the past, and I've agreed, conflict and drama is what drives and moves stories forwards, and you can't really have a decent love story without those things! I mean, there's a reason why Harry Potter spent seven books trying to defeat the darkest wizard who ever lived! (Sorry, showing my geeky side there!) 

Just to go over a few points people have made here and to go into the chapter a bit more. So obviously we don't yet know the extent of what's happened. Only what AJ has told us. He and Dale (fucking prick - GRRRR!) messed about, AJ was drunk and in his words, "barely anything happened". But there's obviously a question mark over the whole thing and why AJ lied to Noah in the first place. Those questions will be answered. And before that, in typical fashion, Noah analyses the situation to death and asks a hundred questions in his head, while rightfully feeling angry and hurt.

And absolutely, there was manipulation on Dale's part, telling AJ that it's different for gay guys and not as big of a deal for guys in relationships to sleep around with other guys (thanks for speaking on behalf of every gay man on the planet, Dale)! And the whole monogamy/open relationship subject is touched upon in the next chapter too.

I have a bit of a soft spot for chapter 36. It's basically Noah at the lowest we've seen him so it definitely challenged me as a writer. We get to see some different traits and sides to him too, in this one, and over the next few chapters. 

Thank you again, guys, for the amazing feedback! And thanks for not turning into a lynch mob and bombarding me with abusive comments and messages! Will try and get the next one posted mid-week, or going towards the weekend! 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, crushme99 said:

Or . . . Chapter Thirty-Eight:  Noah awakens in his bed the day after unexpectedly meeting his old school friend AJ Jones at Tesco's and finds himself remembering a very realistic dream he had last night.  ?

Haha! Hmmm. Or…the whole thing has one been one elaborate fantasy that Noah made up after he bumped into AJ on the walk back from Tesco to his house. He gets home, jumps on Facebook, searches for AJ and find dozens of pictures of AJ and his gorgeous fitness model girlfriend. Noah smiles to himself, thinking, "Yeah…that's about right. As if a gorgeous, huge, shirt straining bodybuilder would *ever* be interested in *me*!" before going on his first date with Eddie. THE END.

Hmmmm. I think you guys really *would* turn into a lynch mob! ?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, crushme99 said:

Let's not forget that neither guy has yet spoken the "three magic words."  Here's my prediction:  The crisis will continue for awhile, because such hurts are seldom healed rapidly.  Noah will seek consolation from his friend Naomi and, who knows, Eddie might even reappear.  While in London, Noah's anger may somehow be expressed against "asshat Dale" (LOL, thanks for that JasperGhost).  But AJ already knows what is in his heart.  AJ will be the first one to say the words.  "But Noah...... I love you."

You're welcome Crushme99 foot the asshat comment.

As for you muscleaddict, you referenced Harry Potter and I thought you might like what JKRowlinins said, "The story leads where it leads. I'm just putting it on paper for it to be read." Please keep the chapters coming so we can find out what happens next.

• Like 5