AJ & Noah

muscleaddict

On 9/24/2018 at 7:57 PM, muscleaddict said:

Haha! Nothing new there then! What's little Nic gonna say when you break the news you've dumped him for a fictional bodybuilder?!

aaaaaaww...i could never dump little nic....but y'know....gotta keep him on his toes ?

• Like 1

Seventeen

All I could think about for the next few days was that evening I’d spent with AJ. It had been the most amazing night. The events of which had been going round and round in my head. Being in his car listening to the radio. The hoodie he’d gifted me. AJ teasing me about spontaneously squeezing a most muscular in my face. Seeing his shirtless torso in the changing room. The buzz of being with him in public at Tesco and everyone staring at him. AJ confessing to me what it’s like to be on stage. Me confessing to him about my Andy crush and confiding in him about Eddie. And that incredible moment when he’d pushed his leg against mine and hadn’t moved it. When it felt like the world had stopped.

Even when I was reunited with my best friend, Naomi, for the first time in over a month, my mind was still very much on AJ and that evening.

“Noah! Your arms look really beefy!” she said to me, as I got in her car.

Much like when Eddie had complimented me on my arms the previous week, I failed to suppress a smug grin at Naomi’s comment. I also couldn’t help wondering what the hell she would ever think if she saw AJ’s enormous sized arms.

“Been going to the gym a lot then?”

“Yeah! Well, I haven’t really got that much else to do, have I?” I said, grinning.

“Do you wished you’d stayed in London?”

It was an interesting question. A few weeks ago I would have said yes. Because I had wished I had stayed in London when I’d first come back to Little Denton. But since I’d started hanging out with AJ, that had completely changed. Even just the thought of it was ridiculous. Three months in London probably spent working in a call centre and forking out for rent while the majority of my friends were back at their parents, versus the last few weeks spent exchanging cute, funny messages and hanging out with a painfully gorgeous bodybuilder.

I couldn’t help smiling at the thought, which Naomi looked a little suspicious of. “Erm … nah. I think I did the right thing in coming back.”

It wasn’t so easy to hide the fact that something was going on from Naomi when I was sat opposite her in the pub.

“So what else have you been up to?”

My mouth erupted in a coy grin which completely gave me away. I just couldn’t keep from smiling.

She gasped and looked excited. “What?! What’s going on?”

“Nothing!” I protested.

She screwed her face up in a, “You can’t fool me!” expression. Which I couldn’t. Naomi knew me better than anyone. A lot of the time I didn’t even have to tell her what I was thinking for her to know. And she knew exactly when I was hiding something.

I sighed. “OK! I’ve been going to the gym with AJ Jones!”

She gasped again and her mouth curled into an amused and excited grin. She shook her head. “Hanging out with a bodybuilder? No wonder you look so happy!”

I playfully rolled my eyes, but I couldn’t deny it. I was happy, and it was clearly written all over my face.

“He looks huge in his Facebook pictures!”

I told Naomi about mine and AJ’s Facebook messages, how he’d invited me to Scorpio’s and our nights in at his drinking and watching “Dom and Cole In The Land of Ug” (which, like most people our age, Naomi was also a huge fan of). And I told her about how cheeky and funny he was, both in his messages and in person, and how he was always teasing me about being a future muscle freak, and how he clearly liked to think he was corrupting me.

As I told her, a suspicious smirk arose on her face. “You like him!” she said to me. “I can tell.”

I felt immediately defensive. Because admitting I liked AJ, who, until a few days before, I was certain nothing more than platonic would ever happen with, was like openly confessing that I was in a potentially vulnerable situation. No one wants to be the person who likes someone who will never like them back. But this was Naomi. There was no hiding anything from her. So I decided to play it down.

I shrugged. “Well he is a bodybuilder! But you know, he’s straight. Ummm  … well …” and then I paused.

Naomi gasped. “What?!”

I realised in that moment how much I wanted to talk to Naomi about what had happened in AJ’s bedroom. “Something weird happened the other night!” And then I proceeded to tell her about his leg touching mine, but how he hadn't moved it afterwards.

“Maybe he’s bi?” Naomi suggested.

“Maybe! I dunno. Maybe it was just the alcohol?” I reasoned.

“Hmmm. OK, don’t be pissed, but maybe because you kind of want something to happen, you’re reading too much into it?”

It felt like a kick to the stomach, but I knew there was a chance that Naomi could have been right.

After the pub we went back to mine. By then I’d told Naomi all about Eddie too. Hanging out with her, it was probably the least I’d thought about AJ for weeks. That changed, however, when I received that all too familiar notification on my phone which sent my pulse racing. AJ had sent me a Facebook message.

“OK, new idea for an episode of AJ and Noah in The Land of Beef.”

My face grew into an ecstatic, dreamy grin when I saw it. The same one it always did. Only that time there was someone in my company who’d noticed it.

“Is that AJ?” Naomi asked.

“Maybe!” I sheepishly replied.

“Your face!” She looked surprised at just how pleased I was to get a text from him. “You really like him!” she said, with a smug grin.

I groaned, and put my face in my hands. There was no use denying it. But admitting my feelings for AJ to another person, my stomach suddenly twisted. I actually felt a little scared about the situation.

“Hey, are you still going into town tomorrow?” AJ messaged me, after telling me about his episode idea which involved him finding a magic pill which meant he couldn’t stop growing and turned into an excessive monster who could barely walk (FUCKING HELL).

His message threw me. Was he about to make another offer? Invite me round to his house to get drunk again? Or maybe watch Dom and Cole stoned? The thought of either of those scenarios filled me with excitement. And I wondered, for a moment, whether I could ditch Naomi on her weekend back. Then immediately felt guilty about it.

“One of my mates from college has just reminded me it’s his birthday. I’m gonna be in town too.” AJ explained.

I was confused, but excited at what was unfolding. “Awesome!” I replied.

“Maybe we could come and meet you guys?”

My heart was pounding. AJ and his straight mates wanted to come and meet me, Naomi and Eddie at a gay pub. It was so unexpected. Would such a thing even work? I told Naomi, who seemed surprised, but also excited at what was unfolding too.

“Would they even let them in the pub?” she asked.

“Dunno!” I replied, shrugging.

Why would AJ even want to come to a gay pub? And then I remembered what I’d told him the other night. That he’d probably “get mobbed” if he went to a gay pub. Maybe that comment had left him curious and he wanted to find out how much attention he’d receive?

“Tell him to come and meet us!” Naomi said. I could tell she was really excited at the prospect of seeing what would happen.

“You, me, Eddie and AJ? I can’t imagine it!” I said. Just the thought of it made me nervous. Eddie and AJ together. AJ in a gay pub. What the fuck?! But I couldn’t deny that the idea kind of excited me too. Introducing AJ to my friends. Showing him off. Seeing their reaction to how outrageously muscular he was. And of course, it would mean I’d get to spend yet another evening with him.

I typed a message. “OK! But I told you. You’ll probably get mobbed!” And then I erased it, and decided to play it cool instead. “Sounds good! Just send me a text!”

“I bet he doesn’t come and meet us!” I said to Naomi. “His friends won’t wanna come to a gay pub!”

“You never know!” She had this mischievous smirk on her face. “Maybe he just really wants to see you again!” she playfully said.

I rolled my eyes and grinned. While all the time pondering the possibility that maybe she was right.

• Like 19

Just now, muscleaddict99 said:

damn.......i need to finish my work but want to read soooooooooooo much!  GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Haha!! I'm getting this kind of spooky sixth sense through my computer screen that you could do with a 10 minute work break?! ? In other words...DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!! ?

• Like 1