AJ & Noah

muscleaddict

On 9/9/2018 at 10:45 PM, Austinevenson42 said:

I'm also curious if you've written anything else in the past, as I'd probably read anything by you! It doesn't seem like this is your first rodeo!

If you like this story, I think you'll love MuscleAddict's other works as well. He's the best at writing Muscle Worship fiction that depicts realistic bodybuilders and regular Joe's. And, as you noted, he's great at getting into the heads of his characters and bringing their thoughts, feelings, excitement and awe to the page. I've never been disappointed by any of his work, and it's always seriously a treat to see him posting new pieces. I've been reading his fiction at his blog for a number of years now, well before he started posting here, and was excited when he started letting the forum members here meet his characters. And if you can't tell, I'm a bit of a fan myself!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kamaswami said:

If you like this story, I think you'll love MuscleAddict's other works as well. He's the best at writing Muscle Worship fiction that depicts realistic bodybuilders and regular Joe's. And, as you noted, he's great at getting into the heads of his characters and bringing their thoughts, feelings, excitement and awe to the page. 

I couldn't agree more.  I got hooked on muscleaddict's work with "Charlie's Secret," a story that truly does capture the almost-swooning excitement of photo-video work at bodybuilding competitions.  I know, because I've had the great pleasure of assisting with such work at many competitions over the span of several years.  ?  If you haven't read Charlie's tale . . . DO.

So far with "AJ & Noah," muscleaddict seems to be focusing a lot more on building an interpersonal relationship between the characters and I'm in suspense as to how it will unfold.   Every time  I sign on to this website, my eyes immediately go to the "Notifications" icon.  If the red mark is there, I'm hoping it's more from muscleaddict.  ?

14 hours ago, Austinevenson42 said:

You're definitely doing something right! I'm going to check out some of your other work, and I look forward to more installments of this one, definitely an all time favorite at this point, and the real fun hasn't even started. I'll definitely be commenting more in the future too, and hopefully you can influence my own writing as well, already giving me a million ideas. What I find most interesting is how you really let us into Noah's mind so well, leaving me wondering what AJ is thinking throughout all of this. Thanks again for your story!

Well I really hope you like the rest of the story now, matie! ? I really love getting into the mind's of my protagonists, which is why I often write from the first person point of view. The trick with the inner monologue is also something I love doing, and have done it for a few other stories (Charlie's Secret, Dan and Jake, Have You Seen These Posing Trunks), but I try not to go too OTT with it for fear of it losing it's effect.

As for AJ's thoughts, well I'm not saying I will *definitely* do this, but I am considering writing a spin off which would be the story told from AJ's point of view. The trick would be to make sure it's kept fresh and different, with new elements added so people don't feel like they're reading the same story again. But if I did do it, it would probably be a lot lighter/more fun due to AJ's personality, and would explore how much he loves being a bodybuilder, flexing and freaking people out. And obviously we'd get to read about his thoughts and feelings for Noah!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Kamaswami said:

If you like this story, I think you'll love MuscleAddict's other works as well. He's the best at writing Muscle Worship fiction that depicts realistic bodybuilders and regular Joe's. And, as you noted, he's great at getting into the heads of his characters and bringing their thoughts, feelings, excitement and awe to the page. I've never been disappointed by any of his work, and it's always seriously a treat to see him posting new pieces. I've been reading his fiction at his blog for a number of years now, well before he started posting here, and was excited when he started letting the forum members here meet his characters. And if you can't tell, I'm a bit of a fan myself!

Bless you, matie!! ? You already know how much I appreciate your feedback and support and hearing your thoughts whenever I post something new! Funnily enough the first few stories I posted here didn't get much response (though I think it was the evolution forum back then?!) which is why I just stuck to posting on my blog for a good while. Now it's here where I get the most/best feedback!

1 hour ago, crushme99 said:

I couldn't agree more.  I got hooked on muscleaddict's work with "Charlie's Secret," a story that truly does capture the almost-swooning excitement of photo-video work at bodybuilding competitions.  I know, because I've had the great pleasure of assisting with such work at many competitions over the span of several years.  ?  If you haven't read Charlie's tale . . . DO.

So far with "AJ & Noah," muscleaddict seems to be focusing a lot more on building an interpersonal relationship between the characters and I'm in suspense as to how it will unfold.   Every time  I sign on to this website, my eyes immediately go to the "Notifications" icon.  If the red mark is there, I'm hoping it's more from muscleaddict.  ?

You guys are too nice!! Hehe! Awww, thanks mate! Similarly I get excited when I see the red icon, cause it often means I've gotten feedback/comments from you guys! ? (Sorry, couldn't resist the AJ emoji there). A lot of my stories have dabbled with guys liking other guys (Charlie and Stuart for example), but yeah, with this story I've taken it to a new level. I've always kinda wanted to write a story like this, so it feels like a bit of a special one for me.

• Like 1

Another marvellous addition! AJ having some vulnerabilities behind the cheeky persona (a sense of intellectual inferiority to Noah) adds much-appreciated depth to his character. 

I wonder if we'll ever learn what AJ stands for ;)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Another marvellous addition! AJ having some vulnerabilities behind the cheeky persona (a sense of intellectual inferiority to Noah) adds much-appreciated depth to his character. 

I wonder if we'll ever learn what AJ stands for ;)

You will and fairly soon! ?

3 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

I am considering writing a spin off which would be the story told from AJ's point of view. The trick would be to make sure it's kept fresh and different, with new elements added so people don't feel like they're reading the same story again. But if I did do it, it would probably be a lot lighter/more fun due to AJ's personality, and would explore how much he loves being a bodybuilder, flexing and freaking people out. And obviously we'd get to read about his thoughts and feelings for Noah!

I think that is a FANTASTIC idea.  I would offer a few more thoughts but . . . I see that Chapter Ten is here to read.  ?

• Like 1

Wow Mate,

Another awesome chapter of your story. I love how you pace it and develop the characters. Nothing feels rushed or over written. I keep rooting for both of them, wanting the story to move faster and at the same time, hoping it will slow down, that way I will enjoy the constant flirting and banter between them. Keep the good work mate. It will be a looooong wait till the next chapter for me. ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crushme99 said:

I think that is a FANTASTIC idea.  I would offer a few more thoughts but . . . I see that Chapter Ten is here to read.  ?

Hehe! No worries, mate! I think it could be fun to write. I've even got the first chapter mapped out in my head. And a couple of new things that AJ can think and do that aren't mentioned in this story. Might be getting ahead of myself a bit though! ?