Omiganda

Two years ago, a kid with a weird fetish for power fantasies wrote something inspired on a nerdy kid slowly turning into a god in front of his bully.

Part 1: 

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4

Is he going to bring us down?!”

“I don’t know, he was pretty upset earlier today so he might not even come and get us tonight” I said. I was used to this kind of treatment from Johnny now.

As time went by, Johnny kept up his appearance as the hero of the world, flying to other countries sometimes to save a city or two from an earthquake or to blow a tornado in another direction. His powers had reached new heights and, to compensate, he performed at higher levels and newer spectacles. However, although he did his best to keep up with his powers to keep them under control, there were some incidents where the power was too much to keep in check if Johnny got too excited. Doors he’d open in the tower would be sent flying across rooms from him just pushing doors a little. Doorframes would crumble if he moved too quickly to squeeze through them as he grew wider and taller. His head was now mostly above the 8 foot tall, giving you the impression that he had a bird’s eye view of things below him. The truth was, even though he was a moving pillar of power, his pecs had become large proportionally, pushing out over a foot in front of him, making it hard to say whether he saw the people below him who were just too short to keep up. I was careful to make sure he saw me when he passed like a bulldozer down the hall way in fear of my comparatively tiny body being sent through the wall and out of the building, sent to my doom acres below to concrete. Furniture was bent easily towards him when we watched TV and he would give the occasional yawn. Much of the pieces of decoration had to be glued to the walls or bolted to the floor as most objects that weren’t got sucked towards Johnny before flying off to the walls and shattering, bending, or simply breaking. Johnny used to apologize for this but, as time passed, he began to simply laugh, giggle, or even give the occasional joke as his power made all of his surroundings his domain. Once he’d tried to use his x-ray vision to look through the building for me and, instead, his ever increasing powers shot a huge beam of light through the walls, so intense that the walls would first melt and then instantly disintegrate.

“Oops, guess I accidently turned on my high beams, hahaha” he would boom before laughing heartily and make the walls shake. Most would think that, after so long having shown such a strong sense of justice, Johnny would be terrified of hurting a feeble non-human being. They didn’t know Johnny like I did. It wasn’t till his sudden mean streak of bordering the gray area of saving things or fucking shit up that I realized that it wasn’t the idea of a superhero that he would take from his comics and superhero movies. He didn’t want to be like superman or batman or any lawful good person. He wanted to be better than ALL the heroes in his own way. His favorites weren’t listed as Superman, Batman, and Doctor Strange. No, if I had to guess from his usual free lectures of superhero lore he liked to give me, his favorites were more than likely the Batman, Deadpool, or Wolverine. Superheroes that did things the smart way, their way. Characters that got it both ways: the hero’s glory AND the delinquent fun. Last movie we watched was a surprisingly serious movie that even I started watching with interest called “Watchmen”. On the topic of a doctor known as “Dr. Manhattan” who had retained the knowledge of the entire universe and had god-like power, I’d said that he was my favorite. That was the wrong answer for Johnny.

“Nah, he’s the worst of them all” he said. “He had the power to make the world a better place if he wanted, he just fucked it all up for that one woman he ended up with.” Johnny stood up and turned his thick and powerful neck to look down at me in limited view between his pectoral and his shoulder and he grinned a little.

“If I had his powers, I would have chosen to use at least a little power to show some REAL intimidation to those bad guys.”

I’ll admit, even I was surprised by that answer. I’d never heard him say anything like that before. Not even before he became such a famous celebrity as he were. I knew what caused the change in dialogue though; it had to have been that night we had where he’d destroyed the home movie theater with his cum alone half a year ago. After that, it was like he no longer had to hold the façade of being sweet and innocent little Jonathan near me anymore, he’d fully transformed into this new fair yet uncomprimising Johnny. One who felt he could tell me his deepest, most honest thoughts without feeling judged. And also, one with superhuman confidence, superhuman needs, and a superhuman presence. Humanity was shrinking in his presence daily and it showed in every little thing he did.

Johnny stopped wearing the custom fit, full body outfits that the many clothing lines desperate for his name on their brand tried to put together to please him and simply walked around at all times in his favorite spandex. Johnny demanded that they stop making him bigger versions of his old outfit and, instead, work on a simple pair hero like, spandex boxer briefs. I could hear the strain as he walked from room to room as each thread struggled to contain his unyielding leg and butt muscles. The press had a field day with Johnny’s new image and any censoring companies quickly went to confront his new wardrobe. Yet, it took one quick visit from Johnny, literally 5 minutes after he’d read the article at his hyper speed reading level, for the CEOs of every company to accept his new look. Everyone else didn’t go against it either. Johnny’s presence made many weak at the knees now, even some men who’d probably be described as extremely straight on the Kinsey scale.

He didn’t really give off the energy of someone who didn’t want critique, his appearance simply made people who would normally debate outside his presence silence themselves and work to please him. I was concerned for the fabric of society as Johnny’s “little accidents” often were the things that caused earthquakes and volcanoes to erupt. He’d told me actually had to hold back to the lower Mach speeds after he’d uprooted an entire rain forest trying to test his speed limit. At that speed, even mountains shook when he passed by. His techniques to save people had also become much less prepared and careful also as he seemed to have gotten bored of the traditional and save procedure to do things that were considered...... more creative. Literally yesterday, he’d gone out of his way to save a little growing town someone had the bright idea to build in Equador, next to the Sangay, one of the most active volcanoes in history. You’d think, with Johnny’s powers, the key to stopping the volcano is to blow it out softly with his powerful breath, right? Not today’s Johnny. He simply pulled down his pants, aimed his cock, and attempted to show off his new power to turn the liquids he took in to pure water. Water splashed over the surface and began to crust the steaming lava into a solid but Johnny didn’t calculate how much liquid had actually been converted to water in his system and, instead, began to release urine like a normal human. Unlike a normal human, though, Johnny’s body produced as much if not more heat than the center of the earth. Thus, creating an even more terrible urine-lava that even scorched more land than the lava could beforehand.

Of course, he was able to save the village regardless by simply returning to the logical plan of blowing the super-lava to an iron like solid and his image agency carefully wove the story as another heroic showing by the amazing Johnny Poundstone. Still, Johnny wasn’t afraid to tell me the unabridged story with all the excitement attached, wearing nothing but his tight and nearly pointless calvin klein briefs.

“Seriously, Sam, I really didn’t mean to do that but it was so much fucking fun. I’m glad no one was hurt but you should have seen how hot my piss was! If I hadn’t solidified it, I think it would have probably melted through the surface of the volcano and created another eruption! I didn’t even know it could get that hot!”

I could see his excitement but he couldn’t see the horror I was wearing on my face. I knew from his tone of voice that he was only half serious about being glad to save those people. His cock even bounced a little as he explained it. I felt so disgusted in the fact by the sound of excitement and the power he released on a whim but I was more disgusted by the fact I was hard the entire time he explained it. The walls I’d built up to hide my sexuality were rapidly ebbing every day as Johnny continued to bend the rules to his whims and power through obstacles that would have taken decades, if not centuries, of human research and development to duplicate. It was still only a few years ago since he’d fucked most of the young women of our town the month after having terrorized today’s most impressive athletes at the last Olympics without even trying. The current strongman who’d been allowed to keep his title beneath Johnny was still horrified from the time Johnny had come to train with him only to nearly crush him beneath a 18 wheeler truck he’d used as weight on his back during a push up session. Johnny told me the guy had even peed a little after he’d tried pushing the weight with just a little more force and had actually sent the truck flying up and toward the stunned athlete, catching it within several yards of impact.

I couldn’t take it anymore.

Johnny had to be stopped. So, I did attempted the most basic kind of measure to try and neutralize him. I called his parents. His family had heard about his actions and were as horrified as I was when I told them the truth of each situation, even the time a passing helicopter covering traffic had caught him and a small entourage of women having sex on the top floor of the Empire State Building during one of its closed nights. His mother had thought Johnny was just a sweet kid with a big heart that wanted to save everyone, not the egomaniac I’d described to her. I’d asked her if she’d wanted to see for herself but she’d had a better idea. I truly believed was prepared to take on the equivalent of a god as I tried to play it cool around Johnny after the call for help but I feared how this would turn out.

I was inside Johnny’s “weight room” looking at his equipment as I waited. The room was simply an extremely large square room similar to the inside of a factory. The “weights” in question were so heavy and large that this room had to be made on the basement floor or else too much weight in one spot could have easily caused the floor to cave in on itself. Each one was the size of a person and made of materials that a mere human had no hope of ever lifting in their wildest dreams. I’d watched Johnny lift the weights that scaled from the size of a human to the size of semi-truck but after that, but he’d insisted I never come down when he was working out again after he’d gone up the weights the size of aircrafts and ships after I’d fallen from the impact of the ground quaking when he’d attempted to deadlift one of them for the first time and had caused me to hit my head on the concrete floor, knocking me unconscious. I dared to touch one of the many magnetic weights some scientists had built to further test his strength. Johnny had outgrown them now but, from my perspective, they were unfathomable creations as each grew up from the size of a house and went up from that to the size of an aircraft carrier, each one was crafted to multiply the weight by the force of magnetism toward the ground. If dropped from the right height, one of these weights had the potential to cause a portion of New York to sink into the ocean with few traces left. Still, Johnny was more powerful than this. Johnny had a monitor built into the room for me so that, when I was bored, I could change one of the TVs in the building to this room so that I could see him without actually being put in too much danger. I’d watched him lift this weight over time and it had taken him a month to go from dead lifting this monstrous behemoth for a single rep to curling it as easily as an expert bodybuilder would a pair of 10 pound weights.

I was mere seconds into questioning if I was in over my head when I heard the elevator ding, rattle a little from the weight of its occupant, and then slowly open to reveal the body of a god. Johnny was last measured at 8’8 and so his head and part of his neck couldn’t even be seen at the 10 foot tall elevator. His trapezius muscles glistened with a sheen of light that would make you think he was constantly glowing like a soft glow stick at all times. Shoulders broader than the doors of the elevator stretched out and hulked from this god’s body, most definitely farther apart than I was tall. Johnny’s pecs were so big that they seemed to dominate a lot of his upper body wherever you couldn’t see biceps and lats so large that they collided with each other. Johnny’s long limbs made it possible for him to move but it was something unnaturally beautiful the way Johnny moved so gracefully regardless of his overgrown form. One could stand under Johnny and protect themselves from rain, sleet, and snow the way his limbs bulged and seemed to hover due to their girth and defiance of gravity. Johnny’s legs went outward from his tight waist and were currently terrorizing a new XXXXXL sized pair of briefs as they were pushed apart from each other by their own thickness. Even with the help of Johnny’s gratefulness, I doubted his knees would ever fully touch again. The girthy weight in his shorts clearly wasn’t helping as it looked like even an extra one or two inches would cause them to simply deconstruct themselves and fall flimsily to the floor, defeated by the godly body they’d dared to cover. I could see that it wouldn’t be long before he’d have to up his size again once I saw how stretched the spandex had become. If there had been any hope of the tiny article of clothing maintaining itself, it would be on the borderline of being see-through in a very short amount of time. The calves beneath the powerful thighs Johnny’s owned were clearly diamond hard, the separation in muscles deafening and bordering on unnatural the way they were so steely hard and used this power to hold the titanic weight that was Johnny on two big feet that even showed a few veins to display their unbelievable power.

Johnny looked like a morph of a top-condition fitness model blown to the maximum with extreme proportions the way his body fit together and yet still filled an unbelievable amount of space. I was so mesmerized trying to admire his body in the light of the elevator that I wasn’t prepared from him to move one of his titanic feet forward and step closer. He bent very low to make the dive into the room, revealing his head, grown to fit proportionally to the rest of his body while still appearing somewhat small. Johnny tested the boundaries of masculine beauty as even I, someone who saw him almost constantly, struggled to pull my gaze from that amazing face. His cheekbones were high and powerful, giving him a kind of dimple form just before his powerful lantern jaw. Eyes currently neon blue glared into the room and seemed to absorb all light nearby the way they glowed from behind his long blonde eyelashes. His eyebrows were thick and manly although they were tamed well to his manly, arching brow. Hair like a golden mane was done up in a stylish hairstyle for appeal with single curl hovering over his forehead, making him look older than he was thanks to the added masculine charge from his facial hair. His strong nose pointed down to a pair of soft looking, red lips that were almost as red as ripe fruit and hid teeth I knew had the white sheen of the sun when Johnny grinned. It was almost impossible to find a flaw when you saw Johnny coming towards you.

In that moment of watching that demanding being come towards me, I had no ill will of any kind towards him as his eyes focused on me from his height perch. If anything, his gaze made me feel guilt over anything else. I knew he was using his eyes to gauge my mood as he’d told me he could now recognize the movement of heat in my body with infrared vision and even tell what I’m feeling during a conversation. The police force had hired him recently after he’d revealed he could make out the electrical waves through the body to tell lying and not. God, borderline mind reading. I was definitely over my head. One of his beautiful eyebrows raised and he performed a cute, confused blink, clearly from seeing my anxiety using his powers.

“What’s up, Sam? You don’t look so good.”

“I’m fine” I said as I practically braced myself against the flat head side of one of his weights, I could feel him shake the ground a bit with each movement. The words fell out of my mouth like lead.

“Johnny, I really don’t think how you’re doing these things is OK.”

“What?”

“I mean that you aren’t putting people first. I’m a biology major, Johnny, I’m supposed to care about the objects of nature and to take into consideration how they work. I want to be able to use that knowledge .to help save endangered species and prevent the human race using up the planet. But what you’re doing puts everything in danger. Just yesterday, you nearly made Bengal tigers extinct by attempting to using fire breath to burn the poacher. You JUST told me that you had to be careful with your breath because it could become a laser if you didn’t maintain the heat! That’s not OK!”

Johnny was looking down at me with an intense gaze and I feared for my life as his eyes shifted between colors. Normally, this many colors were a sign he was analyzing a criminal or an asshole stupid enough to walk up to him and insult him to his face on the street. He was probably analyzing me to make sure I didn’t have a bomb or a hidden gun in an attempt to kill him. Or even more likely, he was analyzing me on different wavelengths to be sure I wasn’t being controlled or if I was sick. Before he could open his lips to pass judgement, the elevator rung and opened. I remained immobile as Johnny turned to face it, blocking my view with his tremendous back and gravity defying butt. His muscular cheeks were undisguised in any if not all clothing made to try and cover him now. I felt privileged to be so tiny at 5’8 to be graced with the man’s muscular glutes in my vicinity. Had it been a normal day, I would have kept my eyes glued but, instead, I turned up to the hulking mass in his back and tried to gauge his reaction based on what little of his head that I was able to see.

“Whoa” I heard a deep voice say, followed by steps from heeled shoes. Johnny turned back around and looked down at me with an unreadable look. “Did you call him here?” he asked as he backed and turned to reveal a new face. A man with dirty blonde hair and dark blue eyes were turned to face Johnny, the man clearly trying to comprehend Johnny and his very existence. It was none other than Johnny’s brother, wearing his marines captain uniform. If Johnny himself weren’t here, he’d be the second most impressive presence as he had to stand at around 6’4 and was broad shouldered from his time in the marines. I was too afraid to look at him for too long as Johnny was in the room and whatever aggression he may have had was most definitely pointed at me.

“No, mom called me, idiot” croaked Tanner, attempting what I assumed was his idea at trying to rein his “little” brother back to his role from years ago and retake the dominant place as the eldest sibling. Johnny had an older brother, Tanner, who’d been in charge of him during their childhoods. He’d been the one who’d gotten Johnny into the idea of being a hero after he’d gone to join the marines. He was currently on leave and had said he’d be able to get on a flight in short time. His mother had told me that there was no doubt in her mind that Tanner could keep him in check during his time off. I gave her credit for trying to pit this large man up against his younger brother but I knew almost immediately looking into Tanner’s eyes that she’d miscalculated a bit. Still, Tanner gave his best.

“We spent all our childhoods talking about wanting to be heroes and look what I’m here to see. You actually got powers that can make a HUGE difference in the world. What the fuck were you thinking going around putting mafias and drug lords in the hospital and messing with the world like this? You fucking pee’d on a volcano and only made shit worse! You’ve even been having sex with random women all over New York! Have you lost your fucking mind?”

I was silent as Tanner went on his rant to try and throw Johnny’s accidents back at him. I hesitantly went back and form from Tanner to Johnny as I tried to gauge the atmosphere. Tanner went on and on, listing what he’d been told by word of mouth, from me to his mother to himself. It was near the end that I heard the end of Tanner’s attack that I tuned back in.

“You should fucking learn from your mistakes, shit head. Didn’t I teach you better than this half-assed shit you’ve been pulling? Get it fucking together!”

For a moment, there was absolute silence. The room echoed with that last sentence as if even the room were having trouble swallowing them. I wasn’t breathing as I braced for impact. I didn’t expect anything that came after those words. Johnny, however, showed absolutely zero fluster and spoke calmly with his bellowing voice.

“You know, you’re right.”

“What?” I said as I looked up at Johnny. I was too close to see his mouth, only being able to see his powerfully straight nose and piercing eyes as Johnny looked down at his “big” brother.

“I said, Tanner’s right.”

Tanner had been sweating through his uniform trying to cling to his history with Johnny as he knew that there was no other chance of survival if Johnny didn’t take to his sermon. I could actually hear him breathe a little relief as Tanner continued.

“Maybe I’ve been too careless. I’ve been using my powers like their toys so much, I’ve been neglecting the proper way of being a hero in the eyes of my big brother.”

Johnny seemed to turn his massive body toward the elevator as if to leave.

“I should go and apologize to the people of the world for my actions and promise to do better” he said as he started walking. Tanner and I shared a look of shock and victory as we thought we’d taken control of the situation. Tanner had verbally beaten the equivalent of a god on earth.

“Oh wait, I forgot.”

Tanner turned to look up at his brother but collided with what had to be a freight train as he was knocked back and sent skittering across the smooth floor toward one of the weights. Johnny had come back and body slammed his brother, his face colliding with the larger brother’s hulking pec muscles. I turned back to the giant form of Johnny to receive his red, flaring gaze. His look alone had told me to remain silent and speak only when told to. He passed me without a moment’s breadth, closing in on his brother.

“I just remembered, they asked me to do all of that. I fucking did all of it because someone asked me to.”

Tanner’s hat had fallen to the ground as he’d flown to collide with one of Johnny’s massive weights. Johnny continued the movement by grabbing his brother’s collar with only a finger and a thumb as if lifting a kitten but doing it with the ease of lifting stationary. He and his brother made eye contact and I could see that he was terrified of what his super being brother planned to do to him.

“Nobody told me how they WANTED me to do it. I just did it, no questions asked. Do you think I do this because I want to earn their fucking gold stars? I guess you haven’t heard about how I just gained the ability to survive in space. I can collect enough stars to hide for easter egg hunting.”

Johnny let go of his brother and re-pressed him to the wall of the weight with his index finger. Tanner appeared to struggle to breath as the finger was pressed against his solar plexus.

“I do this because I fucking want to do it. Nobody questions how I choose to save the world. You know why? Because I do it on a daily basis. I’m so smart now that I can hack a quantum computer within a minute and have enough time left to hack half a dozen people’s Netflix accounts for kicks. I understand any if not every possible way to save someone within half a second of witnessing the situation.”

At this, Johnny raised his arm and flexed his massive arm, now so large that it was easily taller than me and over twice as long around as my chest. With every other word, he flexed a little harder and the muscles would swell a bit bigger and become more veined and dense looking, the striations deep enough to stick a finger into.

“I have the muscle now to play ball with the fucking moon. I can destroy buildings that are stories high with just a flick of my pinkie finger. I can cause earthquakes across North America by just flying at 1/10th my top speed. And every day I have to make sure my powers within my control or else I could sneeze a mile deep crater into Manhattan.”

Johnny looked beside Tanner and threw a massive fist almost the size of his head with the speed of a military jet. The fist collided with the surface of the weight Johnny was holding Tanner and instantly went through as if it were liquid metal. An explosion of shocks went out and flew around Johnny’s body. He remained unfazed and unaffected by the high voltage shocks but Tanner shut his eyes at the intense heat. Even I was stunned by the intensity as I’d never seen Johnny play with so much voltage first hand.

“But still, even with all of that, I’m still getting stronger and growing bigger. Mountains become easier and easier to push around daily. I’m so tall now that, even with sitting, I’m almost as tall as little Sammy-boy back there. I can’t fit through any doors that are built for humans to pass through, even double doors. They have to let me in through loading docks for trucks now or car garages that I have to crouch in to get through. Literally every moment is a test on my ability to stay under control and remain unexcited regardless of the fact that I have enough power to fuck up the world if I use more than 5% of my power. People who run into me are sent flying just like you did only seconds ago even when I’m not trying to walk past them.”

Tanner yanked his hand from the weight he’d stabbed and pulled out a hand that was still sparking with electricity. He was controlling all of the energy he’d taken from the herculean weight he’d punched into and holding it in the palm of his hand with what looked like the ease in which someone would hold a pencil. I dared not question how Tanner wasn’t barbequed. It had simply been Johnny’s will that he’d remained uncharred and possibly wetting the slacks of his military uniform.

“The funny thing is, when it comes to people who don’t actually know me, I get nothing but thanks and congratulations. They talk about how amazing it was for me to do something that had taken only a hundredth of a hundredth of my power to move. Like the meteor that closed in on Ohio a few months ago or the Chrysler building from 1 month ago. They ask the world of me and I give them the effort I can barely allow myself to use. I fly in like a fucking circus for their television shows and they give me their thanks only after I endorse their products. Can you imagine how irritating it is when you do everything you can but people only want to thank you after you’ve done something for them? Like they only appreciate you when you give your help, not out of genuine happiness to see you? Even at the last reunion, half of our cousins were slobbering over me and just barely kept eye contact.”

Johnny pulled his comparatively tiny brother up and off the steely surface he was pressed on and held him in the air, giving the image of what I thought Zeus would look like holding a tiny mortal. I didn’t see it coming as Johnny moved like a blur toward me and had my collar before I could speak, my body easily raised to match Tanner’s.

“That moment when the only two people in the world who can possibly look me in the eye can’t appreciate me like I want either, huh? What a fucking hassle I must have been putting you both on pedestals like I did.”

Before I knew it, we were in the elevator heading to the lobby room of Johnny’s tower, the machine struggling to hold his bulk and raise it. When we reached the lobby, Johnny walked out and left the ground too quickly for anyone else to react fast enough. All of the people below on the ground who’d come to do business with Johnny looked up to see a massive man holding two smaller men like dolls as he flew through a window that shattered instantly. He landed below in a crowd of unsuspecting by standers and simply held us over them like dogs who’d crapped on someone’s shoes.

I was holding the steel hard muscles and striations of his forearms so tightly that I was quick to notice something. It didn’t feel right. The surface was still unbelievably hard but the size wasn’t the same. I assumed it was just the same feeling I always got every time I saw him, the feeling that he’d gotten just a bit bigger than the last time, but I was wrong. It was more certain than ever. Johnny became farther and farther away as his arms lengthened and grew thicker. His body was actually growing at different parts at different intervals. His head, though still getting farther away, was now bigger than before and was slowly climbing the tower as we were. I felt a rush of wind as it seemed Johnny kicked himself into a new gear and started to soar higher up and up and up into the sky. I could hear Tanner’s screams as we rocketed up with Johnny, his grip on us changing before he simply dropped us both in a growing palm. The g-forces were holding us down but I could raise my head up easily enough to look up at Johnny’s growing face. His gaze seemed to have magnified with the rest of him as both his blue eyes were now a shining white, almost resembling two suns as they nearly blinded me. That was less of a problem as Johnny grew even taller and eventually had his massive, house-sized pecs shield us from the light as a small token of mercy. Buildings shrank below as we became climbed the tower quickly like a figurative rocket ship to the top.

“DON’T WORRY. YOU GUYS STILL GET TO BE ON A PEDESTAL. I’VE GOT IT COVERED.” My ears were rattling with the sudden force of Johnny’s larger, even more commanding voice. I imagined his voice box must have been the size of a restaurant building by now as he grew up and up and up, our view of him filling every corner. Soon, he was wider than the building as his body growth became more stable and his growth tried to stabilize his proportions to one similar to the original form. Before me or Tanner knew it, Johnny had stopped growing and all I could make out were two expanses. One was the expanse of the blue sky. The other was his massive godly form, now blown to hundreds of times their original size. Johnny’s tower had to be looking over all of New York, taller even than the Empire State Building, and it was completely out of view! The expanse that was Johnny’s hand now almost had the width of a parking lot. Veins the size of sewer pipes with up his monstrous biceps, still quite large proportionally at his bigger size. His pecs both could have rivaled a baseball stadium in size as they each stuck far away from their master’s rib cage. I could barely make out the sound of cars panicking and drivers honking their horns below, all probably looking up at Johnny’s massive frame unimpeded by his big hands unlike we were. I wondered if there were any human buildings in world big enough to compete with Johnny’s size now. I never thought I’d have to ask that question.

“A NEW POWER I LEARNED TO DO FROM THAT MOVIE, WATCHMEN. NOW I CAN DO MORE HEAVY DUTY SHIT WITHOUT ANY FUSS.”

I covered my ears to blanket the sound coming from Johnny’s voice but it was going through my entire body. Tanner was looking up just as I was, terrified of the power his brother was displaying. I wondered if he could still recognize Johnny as he was now.

“IT’S SAFE TO SAY I’VE OUTGROWN YOU GUYS, HUH?” Johnny bellowed. I didn’t see it coming when Johnny’s hand suddenly fell from underneath us and we were plunging to our deaths. I screamed at the top of my lungs with a part of my mind and waited for death with the other. Then, suddenly, I was saved by what felt like something going under my shirt and holding me in place like an ornament. I’d glued my eyes shut as I’d fallen but opened them to see the view of the entire city. I recognized this from the terrace at the top of the tower. We were on the spire at the very top of the tower, high above the city. I Johnny looked down at us with his still bright white eyes and I still waited for death. Johnny, on the other hand, had other plans.

“WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE FUCKING APOLOGIZING, I’LL BE DOWNSTAIRS. CAREFUL THOUGH. “

With that, Johnny pointed to the sky and, in a flash, the weather went from sunny to cloudy in short time. A cold chill arose as white flakes came from the sky. Tanner and I quickly began to shiver as we felt the chill run up. Even I didn’t know that Johnny could control the weather now.

“IT’S A LITTLE CHILLY. YOU MIGHT WANT A COAT.”

As Johnny shrunk down the building, I felt a chill both outside and inside myself as his massive frame zoomed out of our view. I’d lost the faith and trust of a god who’d thought of no one’s opinion other than mine. Absolute failure didn’t even cover a portion of our defeat. Johnny was above any human’s control.

---

• Like 5