muskymuscle

I'm not super fond of the title, and I'm thinking of changing it once I get the next part out. If anyone has any suggestions or would rather me not change the title, feel free to leave a message!

Part 3

Here's the next part of the story! I needed to cool off a bit after that last part so this one is a bit slower. Enjoy!

1 | 2 | 3 | 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I sat there confused by the journal's sudden appearance, I could feel Grant begin to wake up beside me. The bed creaked under us from Grant's shifting weight and just before Grant turned towards me, I reached under the pillow behind me and hid the journal.

Still on his side Grant was now facing me, a smile on his face. "Hey there. I almost thought what happened between us was a just a dream. I've never felt anything so intense before."

"I'm almost surprised it wasn't. The amount of cum that came out of you was insane." I joked, patting my stomach. Honestly, it was way more than I'd ever experienced before, it didn't even seem possible.

"That was new for me too." Grant replied, blushing.

Grant then began sitting up, but stopped quickly with a look of pain on his face. With a grunt, he fell backwards onto the bed.

"Holy shit am I sore. I have no idea what happened with that workout, but I feel like was run over by a truck." Grant said through gritted teeth. "But it also feels kinda good, like the best pump of my life."

Now on his back, I had a clear look at his whole body. While he hadn't changed drastically, I was slightly taken aback by what I saw. Grant seemed to have shed a couple pounds of fat and replaced it with muscle mass and slight definition while his legs and chest had also become more vascular. I wasn't sure how long it had been since we fell asleep, but Grant's pump still seemed to be going strong.

"I think I'm just going to lie here for a while." Grant said. He sighed as he closed his eyes and his breathing slowed down.

I waited a few seconds, expecting Grant to say something else, but it seemed like he had instantly passed out again. He must have had a really tough time with that workout. Slowly, I reached back under the nearby pillow to grab the journal. After waving my hand under the pillow a few times and not finding the journal, I lifted the pillow up to find that the journal had vanished.

"What the hell?" I whispered under my breath, being careful not to wake Grant.

I got the journal to appear just minutes before this, but how? What triggered it? I put the pillow back down and began thinking of things to try.

At the same time, I got off the bed and began gathering my clothes off the ground. After picking up my now dry shorts, I fished around in my pockets until I found my phone. I turned the screen on to check the time. The time read just before noon, but that didn't seem right, I came over to Grant's house after noon. I looked out the window to make sure my phone was right and saw the morning sun rising. I looked down at my phone once more and realized that it was already Sunday. We had slept nearly an entire day away. I guess a romp that charged up tends to make you really tired.

Not wanting to wear my soiled underwear and shorts, and being unwilling to walk in the nude to my car for my change of clothes, I decided to borrow some of Grant's. I walked over to his closet and began going through his drawers. After trying on a several pairs of underwear, it was clear that they were too large for me. If I wasn't holding them up they slid right off of me. I dug a little deeper until I found a jockstrap that fit surprisingly well. Grant wasn't the athletic type, so I could only imagine why he would own a jockstrap. I then quickly found a pair of workout shorts that fit and finally put my own shirt back on.

Now fully dressed, I stood in the center of the room and began trying to make the journal appear again.

The first thing I tried was to just will the journal into existence. After several unsuccessful minutes of scrunching my face in effort and making grabbing gestures that must have made me look like a madman, I decided that this probably wasn't the right way to do it.

I thought back to each of the times the journal appeared and tried to find a common thread. An idea began to form in my mind and I moved my way over to the sleeping Grant. I slowly placed my hand on his belly and pulled my hand back. Nothing happened. I paused once more. Maybe I needed to think something specific at the same time? I tried recalling what I was thinking each time the journal appeared, but I had no clue where to begin.

I placed my hand back on to Grant and began thinking about how I could help ease the soreness that I had indirectly caused. I didn't know what else to do so I took my hand off him only to see the black and white journal and mechanical pencil materialize out of thin air into my hand.

Apparently, physical contact and a desire to help the other person seemed to be a trigger for making the journals show up.

I flipped the journal open to where I wrote in it and erased my entry. While it would have helped Grant build muscle, the drawbacks were a bit too extreme. I really like Grant and didn't want to change him in ways that I'd regret, so I decided not to add anything else to his journal, at least for the time being. Now the question became: how do I make the journal disappear?

My phone began to vibrate. I put down the journal onto a nearby desk and grabbed my phone. Joe had just texted me.

"My pals and I are going out to the club later today. Do you want to join?"

It was hard for me to imagine Joe outside the setting of the bar since that's the only place I'd ever seen him, but I guess everyone has a life outside of their job. I replied to Joe saying that I'd come. After getting the address and time, I put my phone back into my pocket. I looked over to where I had put down the journal only to find that it had already disappeared. Does it disappear when I stop thinking about it?

While there were quite a few mysteries left about the Journal, I decided that it was time for me to head out. I wrote a short note to Grant telling him that it was Sunday and to get better, but also writing that we'd see each other again soon. I put the note on the bedside table near Grant and left the house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stepped out of the taxi in front of the club and took a look around. There was a large line of young, mostly twenty-somethings waiting to enter the club. I didn't go clubbing very often, one of the reasons being that I felt so much older than the majority of the club-goers. I'm only in my early thirties, but the age difference is apparent whenever I talk to them.

At the front of the line is a stocky man with a goatee who I assume is the bouncer. As I walk closer, I see the bouncer is talking to someone while ushering people into the venue, but I don't have a clear view of who. As I start heading towards the back of the line, I hear a voice call out my name from the direction of the bouncer. I turn back to see Joe waving at me from beside the bouncer.

"You made it." Joe said once I got closer. He was wearing a vibrant red dress shirt with the top few buttons undone showing off quite the hairy chest.

"What the hell are you wearing?" I ask, trying to cover up a laugh.

"What? It's just my clubbing shirt. You like it, right Al?" Joe said, now looking at the bouncer. The bouncer rolled his eyes and continued letting people into the club.

"I'll take that as a yes!" Joe said, not letting the silence deter him for even a second. "Anyways, Al, meet Dan. Dan this is Al. We'll be going in now." Without waiting for a response, Joe grabbed me by my arm and brought me into the club.

With the music blaring and the lights being so low, I would have gotten lost in the crowd instantly if it wasn't for Joe guiding me through. After bumping into people and trying to avoid getting drinks spilled onto us, Joe led me to an upstairs lounge area where he finally let my arm go. We stopped at a large couch where three people, two men and a woman, were waiting for us.

"Hey guys, this is Dan." Joe said while acting out a grand gesture towards me. The group clapped sarcastically before Joe dived back into introductions.

"Sitting on the right, is Otto," He points towards the thin man who has his arm around the blonde lady beside him. "He's a programmer, but don't get too close, he's a biter!"

"Woah, don't go spreading rumors now. I only bite in self defense." Otto said, winking towards me.

"Sitting beside him is Claire." Claire waves at me. "She's Otto's girlfriend."

"Really? That's all I am? I'm also a doctor by the way," Claire says, tossing a few pretzels at Joe. "Which is why I'm only drinking water," she finishes, picking up her cup to emphasize the point.

"Finally we have Cameron," The man being introduced is sitting with one leg on the table in front of him. He is wearing a tight shirt that shows off all the bulges of his upper body. "But everyone just calls him Jock since-"

"Boom!" Jock yells out as he lifts up the front of his shirt to reveal his shredded eight-pack.

"Yeah, that. Honestly I have no idea what he does, but he's a bodybuilder or something." Joe says with a shrug.

"Hell no! I'm all about the physique." Jock says, sounding almost offended.

"With that over with, let's party!"

With introductions over, I followed the group back down to the club floor.

After a few hours of drinking and dancing, Joe comes up to me and tells me that the group is heading out.

"Come with us, the night doesn't have to end here!" Joe starts to pull me behind him before I have a chance to refuse.

Outside, we met up with Jock, Claire, Otto, and Al the bouncer.

"Al's done his shift so we can go to his place" Jock says when he sees us coming.

"I never said you could come to my house." Al said, shaking his head. He didn't put up any more protests however and seemed resigned to his fate.

"Perfect! Let's go! Al, you can drive us, right?" Joe said, already heading towards the parking lot.

"Fine. Just don't make a mess of the seats."

A short time later, we arrive at Al's place and pick up where we left off at the club. Before long however, we end up sitting in a circle on the living room floor.

"You know what we should be doing right now?" Claire says, picking up an empty beer bottle and placing it in the center of the circle. We all see where this is going and begin protesting.

"Claire, you know I'm sitting right here beside you right?" Otto says. "Also, there are four guys and only one girl."

"Is that a problem? If you're so scared to kiss another man, maybe there's a bigger problem." Claire said tauntingly.

Most likely from the alcohol, Otto fell for the provocations. "Oh yeah? Well I'll show you!" Otto puffed up his chest and strode over to the bottle and gave it a quick spin. The bottle slowed to a stop pointing towards Claire. Otto cheered and leaned towards Claire and gave her a kiss.

"Damn, well there goes my fun. Alright, Dan, you're next." Claire continued.

"What? We're actually doing this? Why are we playing such a juvenile game?" I asked with a groan. What I didn't say was how I wouldn't actually mind kissing any of the people in the circle.

"If anyone has any objections, speak now." Claire announced. After no one said anything, she turned back towards me. "There's your answer."

I take a look around the room once more before I walk over to the bottle. Jock is on his phone not paying attention. Joe is watching eagerly as he sips his beer. Al is staring at the bottle nervously. Finally, Claire and Otto are leaning against each other and watching me expectantly. I reach down and spin the bottle. I hold my breath as the bottle begins to slow down.The bottle stops at Al.

"Uh. I've never kissed a dude before." Al said. Al's eyes keep darting between the bottle and me.

"Don't worry about it. It's pretty much the same as kissing a girl." I had no idea if that was true, but I didn't want him to freak out.

Al stood up with me and we stared at each other for a second. I took the initiative and went in for the kiss. Al shut his eyes tightly. Our lips made contact, but the kiss was very underwhelming. Al didn't move at all so it felt almost like kissing a mannequin. I ended the kiss quickly and stepped away from him.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." I hear Otto say.

"Hey, it wasn't that bad." I say as I turn towards Otto.

"No, not that," Otto says. His face is pale. "I think I drank too much."

"And that's our cue to leave." Claire helps Otto stand up.

"I'll call us a cab." Joe says.

"Lightweight." Jock says after he puts his phone away and begins walking out of the room.

I look around the room and notice the mess we made. "I'll stay here for a bit and help Al clean up." I call out to Joe. He's already in the process of calling for a ride, but turns towards me and nods.

"You don't have to stay. I can clean it up myself." Al says eyeing the garbage left everywhere.

"No way. I feel bad just making this mess. I wouldn't want to just leave it all for you to take care of."

Once everyone else leaves, Al and I begin cleaning.

"So you didn't seem super keen on us coming to your place." I said, trying to ease into the conversation. "Why didn't you just tell us not to come?"

Al was quiet for a few seconds before he answered. "Even though I'm a bouncer, I'm not very intimidating. People tend to ignore what I say."

I glanced over at Al. While he definitely wasn't small by any means, but Al did seem more friendly than scary. From what I could see, he had the bulky build of a power lifter.

"If I could just be huge, I'm sure people would listen to me." I heard Al whisper. I don't think he meant for me to hear that, so I acted like I didn't notice. I suddenly had an idea of how I could help Al.

As Al leaned down to pick up a piece of garbage, I pretended to grab for it as well, instead touching his hand. As I pulled my hand away a journal began to materialize. I quickly hid the journal behind me and made up an excuse to go to the washroom.

I found my way to the washroom and closed the door behind me. I brought out the journal. The journal had a dark blue moleskine cover read "Alistair O'Donnell". Huh, so that's what Al is short for, I thought to myself. Beside the journal is a plain black pencil which I take hold of. I make a mental note about the fact that each of the journals have had completely different covers.

So Al wants to get big? I can help him with that. I flip past the stats page but not before noticing that he is listed as bisexual. I could always just increase his numbers, but where's the fun in that? I want an active role, something I can help with. I continue going through the journal until I get to his likes page. I take a moment to scan over the items to find something that I can work with until I find the perfect one, having his muscles admired. I quickly find my way to the attributes page and write a new entry. My scheme to make Al bigger is about to be set in motion.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Really great chapter. I'm surprised that I liked it considering the new direction it went it. I'm curious what happened if Grant woke up while Dan was gone. Very cool concept that everyone has their own journal. :) Keep up the great work. I look forward to the next chapter.