CMiller

news How Would You Feel About A Member Verification Program? [Open Discussion]

Should we have a member verification program?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a member verification program?

• Yes
    • No

I vote NO. That's not how you catch a catfish. If someone wants you to know that he's the person they claim to be, then they'll cam with you (or meet in RL).
Until then, let the catfish live in their fantasy bubble.

*shrugs* I think this would be a good optional component for some forum members who feel the need to verify their identity. If you want to do it, do it - if not, no worries.

*shrugs* I think this would be a good optional component for some forum members who feel the need to verify their identity. If you want to do it, do it - if not, no worries.

Agreed.  And unless I completely mis-read the question, it didn't say it would be required, just optional.  But it does seem like an overwhelming "no" from a majority of the community, which is fine with me too.

I think for the most part, you can tell when someone is being genuine about who they are and when they're not. 

I'm indifferent. If implemented it should be an option. Like the avatars I don't care what is used. Mine is me, I have two current pics in the How Do you feel(if you miss a workout) topic. I'm straight forward. People can like it or  not. As mentioned above, catfish eventually will get found out.

It wouldn't be a mandatory, it would be optional for those who want to. 

Isn't it already "optional" in that nothing's stopping someone from taking a "verifying" pic that meets the criteria and posting it as their avatar?

That sounds like a logistical nightmare, frankly, and no everyone is willing to share that much personal info. The site should be about bodybuilding and muscle, but that is not everyones' goal, and that is OK. If there are problem people on the site, other people should just ignore them.

Dos centavos...

I think "Caveat Emptor" -- Let the Buyer Beware -- applies here. I've been on the Internet a LONG time (more than 20 years) and there have always been people with, hmmm, how shall we say it, a "slippery" idea of what constitutes reality. I've been tripped up a few times but it usually takes about 15 seconds to spot "borrowed" pix and an "enhanced" profile. Folks need to do their own due diligence and let the moderators take care of the important stuff.

Agree.

Isn't it already "optional" in that nothing's stopping someone from taking a "verifying" pic that meets the criteria and posting it as their avatar?

Lol, great point!