CMiller

news How Would You Feel About A Member Verification Program? [Open Discussion]

Should we have a member verification program?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a member verification program?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think it's necessary at all. Aside from those profiles that are created for the purpose of creating a fake life for someone, some of the members

here no doubt would like to stay anonymous, more or less. Me, I'm not living a fake life on here, but I am sure as hell not living my "outside" life on here as well

(just some of my online life). I would like to keep the two separate, not because I am in danger of being found out or something, god knows my

friends know I'm a kinky queer, I just don't see the point. As mentioned by someone else before, I did not come here to create a dating profile, I came here to cum.

: )

And of course to bask in the glory that is the cummunity of like-minded fellows (and fillies) who get off on male muscle growth.

So yah, whatever we can do to make the NSA's job a bit easier... I'm against it.

:rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, it's not just about the "sex", it really is nice to read the comments and engage people. Many of you guys have been a part of my

life for a great deal of time, but unless the person is willing to share themselves openly one here, I'll respect their need for privacy, as I would expect the same.

• Upvote 2

As someone who has been trained in Adobe Photo shop, I can tell you that if someone, like myself has professional training, or a lot of practice without the training and an eye of what to look for, one could easily take pictures from someone else, change the shirt or shorts color, throw in current newspaper and make it look real.  It's not that difficult to do.  True, there are many who could attempt and utterly fail, but there can be just as many who are successful at it.  Hot or Not used to have that problem all the time. So, I don't mind either way if folks want a section like that or not, but even if you do have it, doesn't mean you might not have someone successfully infiltrate it.

I'm not here to chat with every hunky bodybuilder I see and ignore everyone else so I kind of don't see this as necessary. This isn't a dating site, right? lol

All the verification thing will do is make it easier for the I only talk to real and sexy bodybuilders and nobody else! people to find their targets to stalk... I mean chat with. 

But if a real person's picture is being misused and the offender is parading around as that person, then they should be held accountable. After proof is given from either the reporting side or the offending side, avatar is wiped and banned for 3 days. Offend again, and it's a ban. That'd seem fair. So a guy with Jeff Long as his avatar wouldn't be banned unless he pretended to actually be Jeff Long.

At least this way, everyone is protected in some way.

I'm not here to chat with every hunky bodybuilder I see and ignore everyone else so I kind of don't see this as necessary. This isn't a dating site, right? lol

All the verification thing will do is make it easier for the I only talk to real and sexy bodybuilders and nobody else! people to find their targets to stalk... I mean chat with.

But if a real person's picture is being misused and the offender is parading around as that person, then they should be held accountable. After proof is given from either the reporting side or the offending side, avatar is wiped and banned for 3 days. Offend again, and it's a ban. That'd seem fair. So a guy with Jeff Long as his avatar wouldn't be banned unless he pretended to actually be Jeff Long.

At least this way, everyone is protected in some way.

Dude, you are making a lot of assumptions as to why people even care about this. Like my previous post says, I think it's a bad idea to do verification. But I don't believe it has anything to do with bbs only talking with other bbs. Personally, I chat with everyone. But when I notice a person who is talking about being big and working out, it's a sense of inspiration for me and I like to ask for tips. Finding out that someone is just pretending and knows nothing about it is just a slap in the face (especially if the person is role playing as an arrogant asshole, calling guys who do work out on this site small and saying one day we'll reach his level. I've witnessed that here a few times, one very recently).

So no, I don't think this has mostly to do with assholish people that exclusively talk to bbs only (again, I'm not one of them, chat with anyone here) but more to do with guys who really do spend time in the gym feeling disrespected by guys who they befriend under false pretenses or have a false sense of superiority. That's my view at least.

ANYWAY all of that is just part of being in the internet. It's life and we just have to deal with that. We just have to suck it up and deal, not start making sure everyone who comes here is verified. That's a waste of time.

• Upvote 1

That was but only one of the things I mentioned. The third part heavily implies the protection of one's identity from being used by someone else. Which is the only other thing that would make sense for supporting verification.

I guess I'm left wondering what the benefit would be to having a verification system in an environment where fantasy is the norm. There are already legal measures which can be taken when ones identity has been stolen. I don't see the need for any additional regulation.

I have to say I’m against it. That kind of verification is too easy to fake and would not accomplish its intended goal.

For my part, I value my anonymity and if I were forced to display my photo and other personal identifying information, I would leave the site.

I got a few PMs on the other site that were just strange enough that I was very happy no one knew my actual name and location. And I appreciate there’s no possibility of a chance street encounter from recognizing an online photo.

Plus, I don’t know how my job would react if they found me on this site. I know they do periodic internet checks on all employees. I’d just rather avoid the situation.

• Upvote 1

I think it would be a nice option, but it needs to be optional , and not require a face shot, which I believe is what was proposed.

Some of us do discus training, PED's, etc, it would be nice to make it clear who is using a vivid imagination vs who is having a real experience.

• Upvote 2

I am also against a verification service because it would do more harm than good. I know there are guys here faking who they are and it would probably surprise you exactly how many there are. This forum is growing like crazy and doesn't need something to slow that down or even cause a mass exodus. Guys want to enjoy themselves and it is up to the individual to make educated decisions as to who is real and who isn't. I have had experience dealing with frauds from the old forum and it does hurt when you find out they are not who they say they are.

• Upvote 2

I feel like it isn't the forums job to verify if someone is real or not. I feel that if you want to know if someone is really who they say they are, you can discus that between you and that person. 

This is a forum about sexual fantasies. Sometimes fake profiles are really hot and fun to play with but you just need to keep in mind that it's a fantasy. I just naturally assume everyone is fake until I see them on webcam or meet them in person. Maybe we could have a pinned discussion with tips on how to spot a fake and how to verify if someone is real or not. 

• Upvote 2