Hialmar

3 hours ago, AlphaWolf said:

Damn, that's one hot story. Great job, hope we get to read more!

Thank you.

Probably not more about Josh, but I have a short story, called Hulk Out, in the pipeline. I have to ask for advice from some people about that one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hialmar said:

Thank you.

Probably not more about Josh, but I have a short story, called Hulk Out, in the pipeline. I have to ask for advice from some people about that one.

Oh? That sounds promising! And what kind of advise are you seeking? Let me know if I can help. ;)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hialmar said:

Thank you.

Great story, sir! 

Not more about Josh, or not more about the muscle-beast that used to be Josh?   :)

Your vignettes are well-done...they tell the story, and let the the reader's mind extend the tale.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AlphaWolf said:

Oh? That sounds promising! And what kind of advise are you seeking? Let me know if I can help. ;)

As you might have noticed, English is not my native tongue, but I have lots of fun with using Elizabethan English when I write in a fantasy setting, and I have lots of fun learning and using British-English slang and dialects when I write about cockneys, scousers and geordies. The setting of Hulk Out is an imaginary milltown full of council flats and disused factories, and surrounded by sheep-infested countryside and moors oop North. I visited Yorkshire, Lancashire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester once, and fell in love with that part of the country. It feels more REAL than the Metropolitan area and the home counties (that are the standard destinations to us foreign tourists), in some way. So the advice I seek is about dialects, slang and colloquialisms used by my northern English working-class protagonists. I want the dialogue to be as authentic as possible.

Edited by Hialmar
tourism

3 hours ago, RecoveringLearner said:

Great story, sir! 

Not more about Josh, or not more about the muscle-beast that used to be Josh?   :)

Your vignettes are well-done...they tell the story, and let the the reader's mind extend the tale.

Thank you. I am flattered.

Elegant logic there, but no, this is a standalone story. The vivid imagination of the readers is the best continuation of all standalone short stories.