Fragment of a short story

Hialmar

I couldn't find a suitable name for this one. It is a fragment of a short story. Wanted it out of my system.

Fragment of a short story

Simon wouldn't be the tiniest man on campus anymore. Any remaining incredulity had left him minutes ago, when the effect no longer could be denied.

"Wow. Oh, fuck. Yes, can't believe it. So good. My muscles. And Simon's. Growing together."

The sound of Todd in the chair facing him, opened his own inner flood gates, and he didn't try to restrain the feelings and the excitement and the asserting confidence that welled up inside him. The idea of Coach and Doc watching him, as he sat almost naked in the reclining chair inside the treatment chamber, had felt disturbing earlier, and he had felt vulnerable, with his pale and skinny form squeezed into a jockstrap similar to Todd's, at the mercy of the inscrutable gaze of Coach and Doc. But now... 

Now he felt his physique become empowered. More and more... empowered! As Todd had impressed him, when they first met, he intuitively knew, that Coach and Doc were impressed by him now. By Simon. He had never felt that sensation before. Yes! Look at me! Look how I become more like Todd. And Todd become... Wow. Todd was becoming even more jockish... Wider. Taller. Brawnier. 

Todd – who had seemed so threatening at first.

Todd – who had used his imposing stature and place in the team to protect Simon from Brett.

Todd – who turned out to be a gentle giant.

Todd – who sold Coach the idea to include Simon in the experiment.

Todd – whose brain was connected to the equipment.

Todd's excitement seemed to increase. It increased Simon's excitement, too. He could feel his biceps become warm, sore and blood-filled, and he could feel the same thing happen to his back. His chest. His quads. Hamstrings. Calves. Shoulders. Forearms. Todd grunted.

"Fuck, yes, coach! I imagine my muscles to grow, and they do it. I imagine Simon to join me, and he does. I imagine the physique of a perfect athlete, and this happens. This!"

Unlike Todd, Simon had always had a faint outline of a six-pack. There are some advantages to being scrawny. But his six-pack had never been this powerful and defined before. Simon was entirely subjected to the treatment, and the alien presence of the formula was running in his bloodstream, without no way to remove it now. The last traces of fear faded. A new, different and better Simon was emerging. Under construction. Building. Yes! The build up! The build up of a new man! A better man. A stronger man. An asserting jock of a man. The perfect man. Masculine perfection! He couldn't recognise his own thoughts any longer, but it didn't matter. Couch would have the prototype of a new sort of player. Unless he decided to take up power-lifting instead. Or bodybuilding. Or Strongman competitions. Yes! Look at Todd! Big, burly powerhouse becoming a bigger, burlier powerhouse. Todd's thoughts, wishes and imagination driving the equipment into the desired goal. Todd's desires.

No mirrors. Simon couldn't watch himself, but he felt bigger. Much bigger. The hardness. Firmness. Granite meat exploding all over him. Feeling present. Resting heavily on the  surface of the chair. Yes! Bigger! Enormous! Huge! Triceps rubbing his lats. Wide, steel-hard lats. Good. Painfully growing calves. Shoulders like bowling balls. Todd was grunting and moaning in a voice that sounded aroused:

"Yes, even better! More! Both of us! Stonking, unbelievable, fucking mega-mass Hulk-brawn!"

Simon could hear Coach outside:

"Doc, you have to switch it off. They will be of no use for me, if they grow bigger than this."

"I can't switch it off. It is programmed to react to the imagination of Test Subject A."

The lesser men outside began to quarrel, but Simon didn't listen. The feeling of growth was too overwhelming, and he trusted the mind of his friend in the facing chair: The young man with the growing bull-neck and impossible traps. The young man with the blond buzzcut, low brow and a dimple in his powerful chin. The impossibly muscled young man writhing in the opposite chair with a raging hard-on in his jockstrap.  Todd. The new, now roaring Todd, roaring in muscle crazed lust and bumptious abandon.

"Both of us! More! BEHEMOTHS OF POWER! Huge! INVINCIBLE MUSCLE!"

Programmed to react to the imagination of Test Subject A. Todd's desires. In an instant, Simon remembered the comics in Todd's bookshelf: Old comic books. Conan the Barbarian. The incredible Hulk. He-Man. Todd's imagination, fed by old comic books, now fed the input of the equipment, and the equipment unhesitatingly and indiscriminately obeyed its input. Two scrawny men shouted outside, but it didn't matter. Simon was becoming what Todd wanted him to be. Engorging. He was growing together with the best man he could imagine. Growing. Into perfection. INTO. MUSCULAR. ... PERFECTION!

• Like 9