Homo titanicus saga - Intro

SimonG

Homo titanicus saga

Hi guys I'm working on this idea of huge muscular guys popping up all over the world. This post is a little intro to the saga, hopefully gets some interest on it. This post has no muscle growth, just a little reference size for the main characters of the story.

The main story is set in Earth in the year 2045. Things are about the same as now, just a few more gadgets, a few less countries, some wars between now and then, no more UN but the ECN (Earth Council of Nations). Most nations carry business as usual, with different levels of freedom and development, hunger and waste, death and fashion. 

Food is grown mostly at AI-controlled vertical buildings rather than horizontal land. State of the art facilities with hydroponic plants for fruits/vegetables and in-vitro cloned meat had replaced farming due to the world's growing need for greater food efficiency to cope with its ever expanding population. Self-driving iUber taxis had taken over 70% of the first world's roads and sky transport lines. Biotech implants are common, and humanity has become dependent of a vast variety of smart apps to help them interconnect with most public and private services.

In the midst of all the world changing events that came to pass a few things went unnoticed. The sudden vanishment of one research facility, worth several billion dollars, including the several hundreds of scientists, medical and med-tech personnel and support staff that worked in it. The crash and bankruptcy of the 8th bigger European pharmaceutical conglomerate, that was also linked to that facility. The chain of fatal accidents and natural deaths suffered by several executives and high government officials all over Europe. Tragic and apparently disconnected events, that came to pass in the span of less than 45 days at the third quarter of 2028. The world was too busy with all the political and economic changes to care. 

At the beginning of the year 2030, other smaller events unfolded. Too small and separated to be connected by any casual onlooker, but in fact deeply linked. Young men started to disappear all over Europe. By 2033, a grand total of eighty-six teenagers had vanished from Portugal and Ireland to Finland and Greece, even in Turkey one 14-years-old boy was missing following the same pattern as the others. There was no apparent relation between them, and the local police agencies couldn't see the pattern. They labeled the cases as missing people and moved on. However, had them been more inquisitive they would had found that some of the missing boys were born in clinics owned by the fallen corporation, and the rest through fertility programs run by the vanished research center or organizations related to it. Another interesting detail was that the boards of those organizations were formed entirely by members of the list of executives and officials who had died two years earlier. 

There was an additional trait that connected all the missing boys, they were highly exceptional. All top athletes with a physical development so far beyond their pairs that the word amazing didn't even begun to describe the gap. Kids of 10 years of age that were 5’5” tall and weighed 140 lbs. of hard solid muscle. Teens strong as bulls that at their 15 had biceps over 20” in size and quads close to 30”. All of them were also incredibly smart -brilliant actually- and had a perfect health. They were all free of any trace of genetic diseases in their genome, and had a crystal clear record of zero sick days in their lives. 

Several disappearances were made of public knowledge, because the victims belonged to rich influential families. Intense searches were made in each case, but none of them were crossed with the disappearances in other countries of the European Community. A few police officers tried to contact other agencies, but found themselves suddenly off the cases without any explanation. After a week or two fresh news replaced the ones about the missing children and the public lost interest. The families had no choice but to move on. Most kept searching with their own resources. Sadly not one of the kids has ever been found, and the kidnappers never met punishment. Legal punishment at least.

A small number of similarly exceptional boys started to surface in the US in the year 2044, and dark shadowy forces shifted their attention to the land of the free, in an attempt to deal with them too. However, as 2045 unfolded of the seven attempted kidnappings only two were successful. The failed five left the outcome of four perpetrators killed and another one captured.

The bodies that the police found at the scenes belonged to two MI6 active operatives, one FBI special agent on sick leave and a former Militärischer Abschirmdienst (German Military Counter Intelligence Service) officer, that was reported as KIA in Syria. No records of how did they got into American soil were found. The UK denied any knowledgment of their agents operating in American soil. Germany cannot explain either why one of their spies -specially one accounted as casualty of war- was doing in Texas.

The identity of those responsible of thwarting the kidnappings was also a mystery, no federal or local law enforcement agency was aware of the operatives that saved the kids, and no traceable piece of evidence was found in the scenes. The guys were ghosts.

The captured kidnapper was Christophe Morard, former Commander of the Vatican’s Pontifical Swiss Guard, and security attaché to the Apostolic Nunciature of the Holy See to the United States. No member of the Vatican Diplomatic Corps reported his sudden absence. They were used to his comes and goes, given that the old respected and stoic soldier reported directly to the Cardinal Secretary of State. Most of them were sure he was an Vatican Intelligence officer, but as such thing didn't exist in any official manner, they just let him be and tried to be out of his way. As the capture wasn’t done by any of their agencies, the American law enforcement community knew nothing about it, so no rescue operation was launched. That meant that Oberst -Colonel- Morard spent the last seven month of his life in a cell that belonged to the people that had stopped him from continuing his "Holy Work".

The new two missing boys were Trevor Hunt from Chicago, age 13, and Alexander Zak, age 14 from Michigan. The other five kids ranged from 11 to 17, and surprisingly none of them had any recollection of the events. Their names were Kennedy, Seth, Joshua, Zack and Leonel.

I think that organize my stories in timelines by main character is the best way to serialize the job and keep track of it. Like a TV show for each character -i.e. Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist- that eventually will cross over each other and perhaps in a new combined show -i.e. The Defenders- or a movie... 

At this moment I have this five main characters defined:

•  Ken (Kennedy)
  •  Seth
  •  Joshua
  •  Zack
  •  Leo (Leonel)

They are the ones saved from kidnapping in the US, but their numbers may grow as new exceptional kids surface and the fate of the European bunch -plus the two American lost boys- is discovered. 

I’m also working on the story-line about their origin, discovery and subsequent hunt. 

Hope you enjoy my work.

Note: I have the order of the stories set, but I write them in no particular order. I just flow with my muse. So sorry in advance, for the chaos to come. 

Best,

Simon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1