Sign in to follow this  
vadis

Lunch Ideas

Hey Everyone. 

Just wondering what anyone might suggest is appropriate food for Lunchtime during work.

I'm lucky to work very near a Tesco supermarket but I'm struggling for ideas on what to buy. I've been buying chicken, chicken and more chicken (which I love) but want to mix it up as it gets a bit boring.

I'm after foods that require little preparation as work only has a microwave. 

Any suggestions on what I can stuff my face with? 

Vadis

42 minutes ago, vadis said:

Hey Everyone. 

Just wondering what anyone might suggest is appropriate food for Lunchtime during work.

I'm lucky to work very near a Tesco supermarket but I'm struggling for ideas on what to buy. I've been buying chicken, chicken and more chicken (which I love) but want to mix it up as it gets a bit boring.

I'm after foods that require little preparation as work only has a microwave. 

Any suggestions on what I can stuff my face with? 

Vadis

Have you pondered the idea of noodles (easily done in a microwave these days)

38 minutes ago, CardiMuscleman said:

Have you pondered the idea of noodles (easily done in a microwave these days)

Hmm Noodles...  never thought of those. Is this the dried 'pot noodle' variety? I'll a look for all types. What would you have them with?

1 hour ago, vadis said:

Hmm Noodles...  never thought of those. Is this the dried 'pot noodle' variety? I'll a look for all types. What would you have them with?

I would never touch a "Pot Noodle" in a million years (have you seen how much salt they have?) No, I am talking about the plain old dried noodles that you can cook in boiling water (for a maximum of six minutes) and then cover in anything you like (I've had them mixed up with some of the stir fry sauces that Musclefood sell, and they were very nice indeed I must say)

8 hours ago, CardiMuscleman said:

I would never touch a "Pot Noodle" in a million years (have you seen how much salt they have?) No, I am talking about the plain old dried noodles that you can cook in boiling water (for a maximum of six minutes) and then cover in anything you like (I've had them mixed up with some of the stir fry sauces that Musclefood sell, and they were very nice indeed I must say)

Yea agreed! Pot noodles are to be avoided.

That sounds pretty tasty, I'll give a try this week. Thanks!

Hi. Today I am going to make the below recipe. See if you can try it-
Pancakes with banana

INGREDIENTS
For 8/10 pancakes
• 1 ripe banana
• 2 eggs
• 2 tbsp. to s. oatmeal (optional)

- Peel the banana, cut it into small pieces and crush it with a fork.
- Add the eggs and mix with a whisk. Add oatmeal and mix all the ingredients together to obtain a homogeneous paste.
- In a hot pan without MG, make several small piles using of a ladle then continue until exhaustion of the dough. Return pancakes once you see small bubbles appear on the surface. Enjoy hot with fruits or a little honey.

I prefer to eat more fruits. It is very useful. Fruits make up the bulk of my nutrition. I want to tell you that I feel just fine.
If you want to know more about this diet, click here.