Marvelous Man - Chapter 23

EcchiMultiverse

All comments and critiques are welcomed here and on my Google Docs(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JX5N5YR3mCkmGdXVfn0mOuc9jtpLuAp9solb8ZxW3yc)

For other chapters, I will post them on here later. But you can find the archives on my FA and Tumblr with pics included.

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ecchimultiverse/

Tumblr: http://ecchimultiverse.tumblr.com/

For first looks and more illustrations, check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ecchimultiverse

First Chapter | Previous Chapter |  Next Chapter

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY PATRONS:
DONALD MORGAN, ANDREW L, & SPECTRI

All comments and critiques are welcomed here and on my Google Docs(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JX5N5YR3mCkmGdXVfn0mOuc9jtpLuAp9solb8ZxW3yc)

For other chapters, I will post them on here later. But you can find the archives on my FA and Tumblr with pics included.

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ecchimultiverse/

Tumblr: http://ecchimultiverse.tumblr.com/

For first looks and more illustrations, check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ecchimultiverse

First Chapter | Previous Chapter |  Next Chapter

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY PATRONS:
DONALD MORGAN, ANDREW L, & SPECTRI

Chapter 23: The Skipable, Nonsexy, But Informative Chapter

The soft tick of a clock seemed to echo heavily in the Director’s office. A week had passed since the explosion at the Arkos Division headquarters, and Marvelous Man had managed to finally reserve some private time with Director Skye’s familiar, Puzzles. The hulking bodybuilder sat across from the smoke imp in one of the luxurious chairs that were comfortable but could barely contain the musclebound superhero’s size.

Puzzles stood in a similar chair, but his attention was catered elsewhere. The smoke imp leaned over the arm of the chair; reaching out. Marvelous Man’s eyes drifted to the end table next to Puzzles’ chair. It was a cherrywood furniture that housed a silver drinking tray. On top of the tray was a glass set of scotch drinking glasses that bore a resemblance to a tulip flower. Seated at the end of the tray was a crystal scotch decanter with a stopper shaped to look like the head of a wild unicorn. The decanter held within a foggy, honey-colored liquid; giving the muscle demigod a slight salivation in the mouth.

Pulling off the crystal stopper and laying it on the tray, the smoke imp lifted the decanter with both of his tiny paws. He gently angled the luxurious container to control the amber content into a slow flow; careful to not spill a drop.

Puzzles remarked, “Now, I’m not sure why you wanted to have a private meeting with only me and not the Director, but it’s not like he can come anyways. Bossman is busy securing the barriers that’s quarantining the slums filled with the Skeleton Lord’s fog. Every day, it keeps deteriorating at a faster rate cause more of those Purgatory bastards keep coming through. Trying to knock down the walls Bossman is constantly repairing...Eventually, we’ll have to rely on the shield generators the Arkos Division lent us as our second line of defense.”

As he filled the glass halfway, he halted the pour and placed the decanter back onto the tray before corking it closed. The smoke imp picked up the cup with both paws that began to glow blue. The magical energy seeped into the glass; resulting in a tiny magical circle to appear onto the front of the cup. From within the cup, a small sphere of ice began to form in the amber liquid. The magical circle then faded into nonexistence seconds after, while the ice ball completely materialized.

“And all the available hands that can cast a ward have been sent to take care of the persistent fatherfuckers that have been trying get through the subways, sewers...and now newly dug tunnels to seal up. At this point, we’re just playing whack-a-ghoul with band aids,” he commented.

Puzzles offered the drink, “Ambrosia?”

Marvelous Man racked his brain for a nanosecond. Outside of Greek mythology, was ambrosia another word for an alcoholic beverage? It was probably a city lingo he had not heard yet. The hulking bodybuilder was not completely aware of all the customs the real world had compared to Sunnysville. He considered that he needed to make more friends who were more cultured with the sophistications of Skyway City.

“Um, no thank you. I shouldn’t drink while on the job,” he said.

Puzzles scoffed, “This isn’t bourbon. It’s apple cider...Non-alcoholic apple cider.”

“It’s known as the Bardsey Island Cider. The most luxurious and rarest of its kind. It is the only original of its apple kind, and only one naturally grown tree is left somehow intact in the Whales country. That’s why I like to call it ambrosia...And that’s probably why I should have led with that before offering,” he informed.

Marvelous Man spoke, “Oh...Well, sure then. I’ll give it a try.”

Leaning forward, the musclebound superhero extended his bulky arm. While accepting the glass of iced cider with just one meaty hand, the glass the seemed huge in Puzzles’ hands now dwarfed in Marvelous Man’s. The muscle demigod then brought the cup to his face; detecting the scent of lemons from the foggy liquid. Marvelous Man sipped on the cider, as the smoke imp poured another glass from the crystal decanter.

“Wow, it’s pretty sweet!” bulged his eyes, “...But why does it smell like lemons?”

Puzzles fed mana from his hands into the newly-poured cup of apple cider; ice manifesting within to swirl into a spherical shape.

“That’s just how it naturally is. Part of what makes it so special,” he answered.

The smoke imp sat back down onto the chair’s cushion; sipping on his cider. Given the furniture’s size compared to Puzzles’, his small stature made himself look as if he were about to fall in between the seat’s crevice. Marvelous Man felt that what should be an adorable scene was offset by the smoke imp’s naturally judgy expression due to the cat-like features that could not be hidden behind his tiny glasses. Combined with the Russian accent Puzzles seemed to voice on purpose and his usual cold, direct attitude, the familiar gave off the aura of one associated with the mafia.

He spoke, “You should know that the Bossman extends his thanks. You helped a great deal this past week. Saved a lot of lives. That supercharge of yours is really something. Bossman has just started helping out with the warding, so there’s no need to supercharge him yet.”

Marvelous Man thought back to what had transpired right after the explosion at the Arkos Division headquarters. As ordered by the Director, he left to assist in finding survivors at the wreckage. The muscle demigod used his supercharge ability to flood into the rubble; resulting in people found either buried alive or perfectly preserved.

Civilians, scientists, emergency services, and even the heroes extended their tearful thanks for being the main reason as to why the victims and loved ones were able to survive. But for the ones that would have a dignified opened casket before the burial...the people receiving those bodies flared grieving anger at the musclebound superhero. It was all too much for Marvelous Man, that he eventually became numb to those emotions. After the fact, he had to go and report back to the D.A.B. headquarters before being sent out again to assist the magic users.

Marvelous Man used his supercharge to empower the witches and other spellcasters weaving defense spells of different elements and properties to quarantine the monsters within the fog. Through the many hours of supercharging his allies, he had began to notice odd characteristics of those recently exiting the power-up cycle. The magic users exhibited depression, irritability, and a desperate need to be supercharged. Pangs of guilt echoed in the muscle demigod’s mind, as he exited his personal flashback.

“Umm, thank you, sir,” he nodded.

Puzzles started, “So...why did you want to speak with only me?”

“...I wanted to ask you about imps...or familiars...What’s the right word for that?” hesitated Marvelous Man.

Puzzles answered, “Both. We are technically called familiars. But due to our size and cuteness, the common man and today’s mainstream refers to us as imps. I’m fine with being referred to as either.”

The smoke imp sipped his luxury cider.

“And let me guess, you thought because I’m an imp, I know everything there is to know about imps, yes?” he accused.

Marvelous Man could feel a slight shiver run down his back, as it seemed as if Puzzles’ crystal blue stare went right into his soul. There was an awkward tension filling the air, and the musclebound superhero wondered if he had touched a nerve. He then gave a dry swallow; knowing he needed the information to help himself figure out how to proceed in the coming week.

He meekly fidgeted, “N-not really. Gemini said you didn’t like kids nowadays summoning their own familiars. He thought you would’ve like more imps showing up, and...I wanted to know too...And I thought if you had a reason why you didn’t like it, that you knew something Gemini didn’t know.”

“Well, of course he wouldn’t. He’s studying the scientific properties of magic and the frequency that creates magical energy. Or mana, if you want to get technical,” replied the smoke imp, “Imps are more of a magical creature or just a creature in general.”

Marvelous Man looked down, “Oh. So, ummm, would it be okay if you told me why?”

Puzzles stared at his glass cup; the cider already half gone.

“...Do you promise not to laugh? And to not pity me?” asked the smoke imp.

Marvelous Man stared up at the familiar, “Uh, yeah. I promise.”

The familiar licked his lips at the droplets of cider residue.

“Alright. You know what a familiar’s purpose is, yes?” he quizzed.

The hulking bodybuilder tilted his head, “...Kinda? Isn’t it to serve the witch that summons them until they’re dismissed? And like, they help power up the witch or something, right?”

“What?! No! That is completely wrong! You raised in a fucking cave or something?! Next you’ll tell me that witches eat children,” exclaimed Puzzles.

The smoke imp gave a soft sigh. He then reached into the inside of his suit’s jacket; searching for something.

“Sorry...I will start...from the beginning,” he mentioned, “But you were right about one thing. Us imps are summoned to serve our masters. But I prefer the word, assist.”

In Puzzles’ tiny, cat-like paws, he held a long cylindrical device. The device seemed to be a thin vaporizer pen; the mouthpiece and battery end casted in silver and a glass chamber connecting in the center of the two. It seemed to be an artisanal piece, as it took on the shape of traditional Japanese smoking pipe with a bronze Eastern dragon looping up and down the shaft.

The smoke imp took a long drag on his vape before exhaling the vapored smoke into the air. Rather than immediately dissipating, the smoke continued existing. It then began to collect itself together into a round shape; forming into a cloud.

The familiar held out the pipe towards Marvelous Man, “Would you like to try it? It’s pink lemonade.”

“Oh, uh, no thanks. But thank you,” he replied.

Puzzles shrugged, “More for me.”

The smoke imp puffed on his vape pipe a few more times, as Marvelous Man sipped on the cider the hulking bodybuilder was given. Like the previous vapored smoke, Puzzles’ exhales were absorbed into the pink lemonade-scented cloud. The familiar then placed his vape pipe on his lap and took another sip from his glass before starting the lecture.

“So as you know, every living organism has the potential to cast magic. Those who follow the path of mastering magic, or at least a type of magic, are known as wizards. But that sort of category changes the moment a person, wizard or not, summons a familiar. Those who do are permanently labeled as witches,” he explained.

The smoke imp continued, “And in the past, familiars were summoned to compensate a witch’s weakness in battle. You do great with attack spells but never bothered to learn defense spells? You summon an earth imp. And if it were the other way around, you summoned a fire imp. The familiar you summoned to assist you should only be one of the four main elements to make sure your fights don’t go fuck-up sideways: earth, fire, wind, and water.”

Marvelous Man frowned, as his eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

“Wait,” he said, “Aren’t you a-”

“Yes, I know. I’ll be getting to that soon,” interrupted Puzzles.

He clarified, “I know I made it sound easy when summoning your own familiar, and it actually is. The hard part is getting the imp to become the element you need. After you print out your magic circle and put together the ingredients and recite the incantation, you have to make a wish to complete the ritual. That wish will shape the imp into becoming whatever element it has to, so it can fulfill your desires. The easiest workaround for that is just to wish the type of familiar you need. So all that sort of knowledge had been secretly guarded by magical academies and families specializing in only magic for generations...And then some fatherfucker posted that info all over the internet for any twit with half a mind to use.”

“And when new information is put out on the internet that any person could perform with just the junk they have lying around the house, it’s a definite that kids will do it. First, it’s the high schoolers who just want to show off their magical abilities and look cool with an underling to carry their books or do their homework. Then, it’s the middle school kids who want to imitate the high school kids to feel cool. And after that, it catches onto the elementary school kids who’ll do it for the same reasons and also have someone to play with,” droned the familiar.

Puzzles took a hard sip of his nearly empty cider glass, while the pink lemonade-scented cloud began to darken. The sweet-smelling cloud then echoed a small clap of thunder.

He gritted his teeth, “And then...AND THEN, A TRADING CARD GAME POPS UP OUT OF NOWHERE FOR KIDS TO USE WITH THEIR FAMILIAR! So, so, not only do a bunch of minors summon familiars with wishes that twist them into elements outside of the four main or turns them into objects, but now there’s this magical card game that projects harmless hard-light holograms to enable the idea of having a familiar be fun rather than a responsibility. We are weapons, dammit! We were created to fight! Not become a cute pet that teaches lessons of friendship and shit! If we’re not even one of the main four elements, WE’RE JUST USELESS GARBAGE THAT CAN’T PROTECT OUR OWN MASTER!”

A bolt of lightning escaped from Puzzles’ cloud; striking the crystal decanter. In an instant before being struck, a runic symbolic flashed on the decanter’s surface. As the lightning bolt crashed into the enchanted decanter, the crystal container remained intact but could not handle the bolt’s force. The decanter was knocked over by the lightning’s booming power; causing it to tumble onto the ground. Upon landing on its side, the glowing runic symbol finally faded. Cider poured onto floor; its puddle growing larger by the second.. The smoke imp rolled his eyes at the liquid contents dripping onto the floor.

“...Shit,” he sighed.

The smoke imp tucked his glass cup between his legs before waving his paw at the mess. The stormy cloud responded by gliding down towards the crystal wreckage and completely enveloping the affected area on the floor. Rotating his wrist, Puzzles then clenched his fingers into an underhanded fist. The familiar followed up this motion by waving away at the cloud; causing the sweet-scented vapor cloud to float back to its original position. As the cloud drifted above Puzzles, Marvelous Man noticed the spilled cider no longer existed. The only evidence of such a mess was the lonely decanter laying on its side.

The muscle demigod inquired, “If it’s okay for me to ask...ummm, what did the Director wish for?”

Puzzles said nothing, as he retrieved his vape pipe from his lap. The smoke imp took a quick puff before exhaling the flavored vapor at his cloud. He then stared at the Director’s cherrywood desk that was seated at the front of the wall-sized window.

“...He wished to escape,” he said.

Puzzles explained, “Doug came from a very privileged life. He was born into a family whose only legacy was being powerful witches. And the moment he was able to speak full sentences and have enough coordination to draw a rune, his parents forced him into learning magic. By his tenth birthday, they figured out his talent for defense spells and prepared the ritual for my birth.”

The smoke imp took another puff on his vaping device.

“And since by family tradition you have to say your wish with an honest heart, his parents drilled into him on how important it was for him to have a familiar that can do the attacking for him. He didn’t even need to say anything fancy...just…‘I wish I had a fire imp’,” he spoke.

Puzzles looked at Marvelous Man with sad eyes, “He was only a kid and spent a lonely, early life only practicing magic. He just wanted to play with the other kids he saw from his window from time to time…And then I was born...His wish was the first words I ever heard.”

The familiar sighed, as he used the end of his vape pipe to play with the ice sphere in his glass cup. The ball of ice rolled around; lightly hitting the sides and emitting a soft tinkling noise.

“From then on, I worked my ass off. Trying to master my element and use it in ways nobody expected. Learning to use deadly weapons to slaughter anybody that refused to die by my smoke. I did whatever I could to compensate my natural ability and be a useful attacker. And by some miracle, we’d managed to become a Rank A superhero...Heh, imagine that…” he disclosed.

Puzzles paused, “...But you know, back then, I deeply wished that by killing myself, his soul would be restored and could wish for a proper fire imp.”

Marvelous Man’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion before relaxing a second after. In a weird sense, the muscle demigod understood the smoke imp’s perspective. Born with a purpose but without the complete qualifications to pull it off; thereby making it difficult to fully contribute to the people they care about. It’s an excruciating existence that Marvelous Man could empathize.

His mind then noticed another part of what Puzzles had just said. It was an odd mention that drove him into confusion once again.

“What do you mean by restoring the Director’s soul if you died?” he questioned.

The smoke imp ceased his use of the vape device with toying the melting ball of ice.

Puzzles nodded, “Right. I forgot to mention that. And that’s another thing I have to correct you on. It’s not so much a summon, because you’re creating a familiar. Other than the wish, the main ingredient to creating an imp is to offer a piece of your own soul. The amount required won’t affect your health. Instead, it’ll just reduce your magical ability, since your own soul is the well of mana you draw upon.”

“The amount of time it’d take to fully recover and have your magical ability at a hundred percent is about ten years, give or take. And since ten years is a lot of waiting, some people in the magical profession would rather stay as a wizard,” he continued.

Marvelous Man frowned. It started to make sense as to why Puzzles found distaste in children creating familiars outside of the purpose of combat. An interesting thought then came to the musclebound superhero.

He asked, “Do you think I should get a familiar? I think that’d really help me out in the fight against the Skeleton Lord.”

The smoke imp puffed on his vape pipe, as his eyes wandered up. He then hummed in a thoughtful tone.

“You’re a demigod, yes?” he questioned.

Marvelous Man nodded, “Yeah.”

“Then no. Outside of trying to teach it to master its own element in less than a week, and I can’t believe we couldn’t think of a better plan that didn’t hitch on that purple ghoul’s, it would really affect your performance. Your powers are supernaturally-based, since your parents are gods. That means that your healing ability is linked to your own soul. You get a familiar, and you could cut down on healing time or even how much you can heal. Your team relies heavily on your healing and supercharging them. And who knows if that would take away your bulletproofness. So don’t do it,” Puzzles answered back.

Marvelous Man replied, “Oh, okay.”

The hulking bodybuilder sipped on the rest of his cider. One of the avenues for finding an easier way to defeat the Skeleton Lord might have been closed off, but there was still one more route to pursue. While Marvelous Man wanted to feel disappointed, the luxurious apple cider’s delicious flavor seemed to override any negative emotions he tried to have.

“So then...what about incomplete familiars?” he inquired.

The familiar slowly cocked his head, “Is this about what you said in the report? You detecting an incomplete familiar within the Skeleton Lord?”

“Uh, yeah. That’s right,” answered Marvelous Man.

Puzzles paused for a moment, “Bossman did take into consideration what you said...but...what you described is an impossibility. Familiars don’t come out incomplete...at least when you use the spell to create one...”

The hulking bodybuilder’s eyebrows furrowed at Puzzles’ remark.

“So wait,” said Marvelous Man, “You’re saying you can use the imp summon-...the imp creation spell to do something else?”

Puzzles nodded, “Since the moment that spell was made, everybody who used it figured out they could use it again to extend the life of their familiar.”

“You see, we might be shaped by their wish. But we are created from the soul and bounded to it for as long as it lives. So you can kill us, but we would just reconstitute hours later next to our master. But if our master dies, we die. And for some witches close to death, that is a hard fact to accept,” he stated.

The gears in Marvelous Man’s mind began to turn. It was becoming obvious at how grim being an incomplete imp was.

He concluded, “...Do you think Director Doug would do that for you?”

Puzzles’ eyes went wide; as if the muscle demigod said the most hurtful thing ever.

“He would never! He knows what happens to those who try! And I’d never let him if he wanted to...Even if I somehow came out complete, living without him...It defeats the very purpose I was created for...It’s scary to even think about it. It’s possible for him to actually do it, since he’s not like those in the retirement homes,” he said.

Marvelous Man’s eyebrow raised in confusion, “Retirement homes?”

The smoke imp paused for a moment, as his eyes shifted away from visual contact with Marvelous Man’s.

“Remember how I said it’s kids that are the first to create imps for the sake of fun rather than actual combat? Suppose your grandchild comes in one day, and they brought their imp to show off,” he proposed.

“And then you’re hit with a thought,” Puzzles said in an excited tone, “‘a being I can create that will love me unconditionally and properly take care of me until I expire? Where can I find that spell?!’. And for the next couple of years, everything is great.”

His voice then sounded ominous, “But then one day you’re too old to get out of bed. Too tired to even put a puzzle together with your familiar. And when it finally hits you that your imp will die when you do, it terrifies you. You still want a part of yourself to live on and be happy long after you die. So with the slight modification to put the rest of your soul into the familiar, rather than the other ingredients to make one, it seems like a fool-proof plan to have your imp continue living...Except for the part to make sure there’s still continuous energy to shove the rest of your soul into the imp which helps acts as a seal...And when that happens, you die before the spell is finished...And the imp…”

Puzzles body trembled for a moment. He then took a short breathe; a successful attempt to cause his nerves to calm down. The smoke imp swallowed before continuing.

“The imp turns into an middle school volcano project. So the imp is permanently incomplete. Their essence spilling out all over the place...Their form unraveling...And the only thing left in their damaged minds is only pain and rage. Their pitiful existence doesn’t last long...A few minutes at most. But the destruction they cause is immense...and sad,” he finished.

Marvelous Man’s eyes went wide, “...Holy shit…”

The familiar paused. His eyebrows furrowed together, as his lips pursed outward.

“Yes…” he said, “It might be impossible for an incomplete imp to survive, but if it somehow contained itself by bonding with someone...I’m not sure, but...maybe?”

“Huh?” spoke Marvelous Man.

Puzzles concluded, “Other than killing the Skeleton Lord with force, we could also try to cast some sort of separation spell. That imp you detected could be the source of his power. If we cleaved them apart long enough, the incomplete imp would die off...I’ll have to notify the magical researchers about this.”

The familiar placed the empty glass cup onto the chair’s cushion before placing his vaping device back into his coat. His body then shifted into his smoky form; drifting off the chair. Marvelous Man’s eyes followed the smoke flowing towards the door.

As the grey smoke arrived at the room’s exit, it reconstituted back into Puzzle’s normal body. Fully formed to his cat-like body, he reached out his paw to the room’s exit. His hand glowed with magical energy for a moment before the energy flowed into the door. Reacting to being fed with mana, a runic symbol briefly appeared on the door. As it faded, the door handle turned.

The office door swung wide open by itself; fanning the smoke imp’s fur with a small breeze. With the way opened, Puzzles stepped through into the hallway. He then turned to face Marvelous Man.

“You can go ahead and let yourself out. I trust you won’t take anything. Dismissed,” he said.

Marvelous Man called out, “W-Wait! Um, why did he name you Puzzles?”

The smoke imp stared at the hulking bodybuilder for a second before shrugging.

“He was ten.” he answered.

With no other questions, Puzzles waddled off towards the elevators. Marvelous Man turned his attention up at the cloud the familiar had left behind; noticing a change out of the corner of his eye. With Puzzles no longer in range of the sweet-scented cloud, the pink lemonade-flavored cumulus dissipated.

The muscle demigod knew he was not needed to supercharge anybody else for at least an hour; leaving him to sit there with his thoughts. It was a lot of information to take in, but it was becoming apparent on what his next move should be for defeating the Skeleton Lord. Incomplete imps were tragic beings that needed to be put out of their misery, and the imp existing in the Skeleton Lord’s body had only prolonged that agony.

If Marvelous Man killed the now-mortal Skeleton Lord, the incomplete imp would die. If the imp were separated from the Skeleton Lord’s being with a separation spell provided by the magical researchers, then the imp, and probably the ancient supervillain, would die off from its essence bleeding out. Both options were viable and needed to be done to ensure victory...but the musclebound superhero felt there should be a third way. The choices now were too grim for him to stomach at the moment.

Marvelous Man dove both of his hands into his black jacket’s pockets. He rummaged about for a second before finding what he wanted. Pulling out with his right hand revealed a smartphone, while his left retrieved a business card made of papyrus paper. His eyes then shifted back and forth; typing a phone number seen from the business card.

With the number typed out, the musclebound superhero pressed the send button. He held the phone up to his ear; hearing the receiving end ring. After three rings, he heard the click of someone picking up his call.

He spoke, “Hello? Is this the Bruja?...This is Marvelous Man, and...Sugar Skull told me about your deal...Yes, ma'am. I’m ready to tell you my story.”

Next Chapter

• Like 1

Hmmmm, this is just me rambling on with sleep in my mind but: i wonder how the Skeleton Lord got his incomplete Imp. I can not see him summoning one himself, but maybe it could have been an Imp his parents created to keep him fompany and protect him. And his parents before they died tried too make the imp a permanent companion for him but as it failed, it changed into an incomplete Imp and to save it's own life it "bonded" with the Skeleton Lord. But in doing so enhanced his pain, anger and sadness & made him immortal. The pain and all that oozed out from the incomplete Imp & his own eventually making The Skeleton Lord go a bit crazy and completely destructive & the Skeleton of today was born of sorts. =0

Also: I feel bad for the Doug. ='( His parents were worse than Justice's. ='( Justice's parents unknowingly made Justice suffer because they loved him to much... But Doug's never seemed to have cared about him at all, only to have a "worthy" succerssor and tried to mold him to be that successor. I wonder what happened after Doug summoned Puzzles and what the reaction of his parents was and all. =0

And whohooo!! ^^ <3 Time to finally meet the Bruja in the next part!!! 8D <3 I wonder what kind of a person she is. 83 <3

5 hours ago, Hanugumo said:

Hmmmm, this is just me rambling on with sleep in my mind but: i wonder how the Skeleton Lord got his incomplete Imp. I can not see him summoning one himself, but maybe it could have been an Imp his parents created to keep him fompany and protect him. And his parents before they died tried too make the imp a permanent companion for him but as it failed, it changed into an incomplete Imp and to save it's own life it "bonded" with the Skeleton Lord. But in doing so enhanced his pain, anger and sadness & made him immortal. The pain and all that oozed out from the incomplete Imp & his own eventually making The Skeleton Lord go a bit crazy and completely destructive & the Skeleton of today was born of sorts. =0

Also: I feel bad for the Doug. ='( His parents were worse than Justice's. ='( Justice's parents unknowingly made Justice suffer because they loved him to much... But Doug's never seemed to have cared about him at all, only to have a "worthy" succerssor and tried to mold him to be that successor. I wonder what happened after Doug summoned Puzzles and what the reaction of his parents was and all. =0

And whohooo!! ^^ <3 Time to finally meet the Bruja in the next part!!! 8D <3 I wonder what kind of a person she is. 83 <3

Sorry for how long it took me to upload...I got lazy and was just stressed out from life that I didn't want to do anything active. Also, I hope you enjoyed the pic I sent you a while ago

Eh...Not exactly. I mean, a few of the things you saw about the Skeleton Lord's imp is correct X3 But I can't go into detail with anything you just said ^w^;

To be honest, I never dove deep into Doug's backstory X3 I only thought back enough to justify Puzzles' existence. What you said made a lot of sense! 0w0 Well, it was definitely not good with how his parents handled it, but that's why Puzzles has a cold demeanor and has the skill to manipulate smoke vapor to take the form of clouds

Sorry...Bruja won't be showing up. Gonna be skipping that part, since it'll ruin the final battle. Next chapter is moving on to the last level. Woot! Fight scenes~

On 20-10-2017 at 1:26 AM, EcchiMultiverse said:

Sorry for how long it took me to upload...I got lazy and was just stressed out from life that I didn't want to do anything active. Also, I hope you enjoyed the pic I sent you a while ago

Eh...Not exactly. I mean, a few of the things you saw about the Skeleton Lord's imp is correct X3 But I can't go into detail with anything you just said ^w^;

To be honest, I never dove deep into Doug's backstory X3 I only thought back enough to justify Puzzles' existence. What you said made a lot of sense! 0w0 Well, it was definitely not good with how his parents handled it, but that's why Puzzles has a cold demeanor and has the skill to manipulate smoke vapor to take the form of clouds

Sorry...Bruja won't be showing up. Gonna be skipping that part, since it'll ruin the final battle. Next chapter is moving on to the last level. Woot! Fight scenes~

Come on, dun apologise for that. ^w^ Your rl always have higher priority than posting and writing a superhero story that features sex. x3

Honestly though: You really shouldn't feel bad for posting later than you planned too, life doesn't always go the way you want it to go after all. =0

And that pic you showed me on PM's? HELL YES i loved it. 83

Heheheh, can't go into details because it would be spoilers? xP lol

Mhmmm, of course it makes sense. xP I always do. ;P *chuckles* But i wonder what the affect of the abuse (what his parents did to Doug is basically a form of abuse) has on him in his adult life. He does seem a bit more distabt towards everyone than Justice's other associates & friends. =0 Though Doug seems to be a much nicer person than his parents could ever be. =3

And what my guess would be, is that his parents disowned him because he failed to summon a fire imp like they told him too, and either themselves or staff gave him a harsh beating for it. And they probably would have tried to get a new child to form into their own image, and ignored Doug after that. Pretending he did not exist while Puzzles tried his best to be of use and to help Doug be part of his family again and be "worthy" of their attention again with varied success. After years of such neglect and abuse, I imagine him running away and vowing to never be a father like his parents. =0 (but that might be a little more extreme. x3; lol)

And nuuu!! ;n; But when will the Bruja appear than? ='(

And yay!! Final battles!! 83 Now I definitely will know what will happen to the Skeleton Lord. And how this 1st book will end. 83 <3 <3

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 1:41 AM, Hanugumo said:

Come on, dun apologise for that. ^w^ Your rl always have higher priority than posting and writing a superhero story that features sex. x3

Honestly though: You really shouldn't feel bad for posting later than you planned too, life doesn't always go the way you want it to go after all. =0

And that pic you showed me on PM's? HELL YES i loved it. 83

Heheheh, can't go into details because it would be spoilers? xP lol

Mhmmm, of course it makes sense. xP I always do. ;P *chuckles* But i wonder what the affect of the abuse (what his parents did to Doug is basically a form of abuse) has on him in his adult life. He does seem a bit more distabt towards everyone than Justice's other associates & friends. =0 Though Doug seems to be a much nicer person than his parents could ever be. =3

And what my guess would be, is that his parents disowned him because he failed to summon a fire imp like they told him too, and either themselves or staff gave him a harsh beating for it. And they probably would have tried to get a new child to form into their own image, and ignored Doug after that. Pretending he did not exist while Puzzles tried his best to be of use and to help Doug be part of his family again and be "worthy" of their attention again with varied success. After years of such neglect and abuse, I imagine him running away and vowing to never be a father like his parents. =0 (but that might be a little more extreme. x3; lol)

And nuuu!! ;n; But when will the Bruja appear than? ='(

And yay!! Final battles!! 83 Now I definitely will know what will happen to the Skeleton Lord. And how this 1st book will end. 83 <3 <3

Yeah, but this story is my passion. And knowing that there are other people that like it makes me want to get it out ASAP.

Glad you liked the pic X3 I got a commission from another artist to do a scene from Chapter 15!...Sadly, I can't commission him again, since he tried to whitewash MM before I rained hell on him.

As usual, you're on the dot about it, haha.

From what is currently shown, Doug is pretty lenient on how his employees act and is willing to give new people a chance. I guess you could say he doesn't want to be the main cause a person's potential is suppressed and is transformed into more of a hurdle later on in life. But I think Puzzles is the one who was affected harder than Doug. Naw, I'm pretty sure his parents kept him to retain the honor of the family name, since Doug technically became a witch...just with the wrong familiar. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't be caught in their constant gaze of disappointment. Not really sure if they would work him harder or just give up after that.

For time's sake, I just skipped the conversation, since it would make the ending extremely obvious. But the aftermath of the conversation is sorta shown in the beginning of Chapter 24. Yeah, I really just want this book over and done with, so I can start book 2 XD

jordanedit2.jpg