• Announcements

• CMiller

Help contribute, donate via PayPal or join with a monthly Patreon contribution.   01/01/17

To help raise funds I've introduced a monthly contribution option called Pateron. This service allows you to pledge a monthly contribution plus allows me to offer you some rewards for your contribution. If you have any questions you may PM me. If you'd like to make that contribution please click on the image below:      
    • CMiller

NEWS: Discord Server & Clubs (aka Groups) are back!   08/19/17

Hello everyone I'm back with a couple big updates! Firstly we now have a Discord server, this is a real-time chat messaging client you can run on your phone, desktop, or anywhere. It's a pretty powerful desktop application that enables people to chat together, and with multiple channels you can find people interested in what you're interested in. If you don't already have a Discord account it's pretty easy to get one, just click the following invite link to get started: https://discord.gg/Ahzu9jC Secondly I'm proud to announce the return of Groups, it's been renamed to Clubs and is now available here: https://muscle-growth.org/clubs/. This system is entirely user generated and allows users to create groups of their own based on any subject they want. Go ahead and try it now, visit the link above to get started if you want to create or join a group!   As always thank you to all of our donators and Patreon contributors who keep the forums going! 
Hialmar

Mass arrest of alleged LGBTQ persons

During the 2014 Commonwealth Games, the SNP (who were in majority control of the Scottish Parliament) made a deblierate effort to raise the poor level of LGBTQ rights in the Commonwealth by not only giving the heads of states visiting Scotland for the Games a rainbow pin badge but giving very clear hints that the opening ceremony would address the matter, and boy did it! The first part of the opening ceremony, a song about Scotland, was sung by Karen Dunbar (lesbian) and John Barrowman (gay) plus it featured the following lyric when referencing Gretna Green in the Scottish Borders

"Over now to Gretna Green, its close to England's borders, where couple cross to wed cos back home they had to be older"

Then the chorus sing something which is not very clear but is in kin talking about marriage and couple off leaving one man left on his own but is then given a whacking big guess by John Barrowman whilst Karen declares "Here's to equality in Scotland". Clearly however this message has been lost on a large number of Commonwealth nations

Uganda / Tanzania, most of Africa has an archaic attitude towards homosexuality, most of which but not all can be brought to lie in front of the two major religions that have dominated and spread across the continent.

Although some few governments make allowance for homosexual / LGBTQ rights, unfortunately (based on SA where I live) the poorer the area, the shittier your experiences as a LGBTQ person will be. Cities for the most part are like flickering candles in the darkness (and oddly enough some small towns cast the light of acceptance quite strong) but even in cities like Cape Town / Johannesburg etc, you get to the poorer parts of the city and informal settlements, and you take your life in your own hands being out. Especially being out and lesbian can end up in you being raped and killed.

For instance a certain coloured pastor, I will explain why I make mention of his ethnicity, (also in SA the term "Coloured" is not derogatory and is proudly carried by a whole group of people as their racial identity) made several statements concerning the drought here in CT and major forest fires in the southern coast near a town / city called Knysna. He happily blamed it on the fact the CT is basically SA's gay capital and Knysna was going to host a pro-LGBTQ event / associating with it. The usual God hates fags and will destroy your cities because of your sins. So no surprise that he is a fan (and affiliated with) a certain pastor in America who spews LBTQ hatred, has himself said that he would beat up queers and that gay people should be hanged or some such. Not gonna name him, BUT, the first time I saw an interview of his, I started smelling mothballs, like the kind your granny used to stick in her closet.

So why do I focus on coloured where the pastor is concerned? Well because the coloured community in SA, though not wholly accepting of has generally always been more accepting of LGBTQ in SA, at least from my PoV. And the reason for this, I've always assumed, is because they know inherently what discrimination is like, discrimination for being born something or someone undesirable to the state. (Apartheid) So I was shocked to see this level of hatred from a man who is definitely old enough to remember what it was like. Generally, and especially in the past, acceptance in the White community in SA has been spotty at best, though I must admit it has grown a whole lot, whereas in the Black community in SA it is unfortunately not yet where one would want it to be, but at least it seems with the younger generations it is growing, for which I am thankful. It is just little idiot bumps (like the dude above) that make me worry, because there are people who are informed by these so called preachers (of God's love  no less) and they inform their children. That is why you can have 17 yo's riding around beating up queers and / or spouting racist bullshit, when there is no logical reason / way they could have been exposed to it other than their parents drilling it in to them.

You know, there are a lot of problems out there, that need fixing, homosexuality (LGBTQ) isn't one of them. Let people be, let them live their lives and be themselves. They are not as different as you might think. And a little difference makes life more interesting. Their is every kind of topping for the pizza that is life.

• Like 1

Thank you, Anpu, for your informative answer. I know very little about South Africa. In my youth, I wrote letters for Amnesty International to South African politicians, asking them to release political prisoners, and I have read a few books by Desmond Tutu. I also have to confess, that I have negative prejudice about what to expect from Boers (you are probably able to give me a more nuanced view on that community, because all human beings are individuals, and things must have improved in more than 20 years), but I can't say that I am well-informed about the situation in South Africa. I only hope, that things will improve. The past before 1994 was terrible, from what I read at the time. Same sex marriage exist in SA since a decade, doesn't it?

Some of the anti-LGBT sentiment in Africa has been stoked over the past decade by evangelical ministries in the US operating in the countries.  Some of the evangelicals are connected to US politicians like Michelle Bachmann and Franklin Graham has been involved with some of the push towards criminalizing homosexuality in some African countries.

Although the opening ceremony of things like the Commonwealth Games is kept under wraps, in the last few days there have been hints that the Gold Coast will also address issues of equality during their opening ceremony just as Scotland did in 2014. One idea that has been speculated upon is Kylie Minogue (who featured in the closing ceremony of the Sydney 2000 Olympics) wearing a rainbow dress and singing "I love the nightlife" as used in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. 

• Like 1