• Announcements

• CMiller

Help contribute, donate via PayPal or join with a monthly Patreon contribution.   01/01/17

To help raise funds I've introduced a monthly contribution option called Pateron. This service allows you to pledge a monthly contribution plus allows me to offer you some rewards for your contribution. If you have any questions you may PM me. If you'd like to make that contribution please click on the image below:      
    • CMiller

NEWS: Discord Server & Clubs (aka Groups) are back!   08/19/17

Hello everyone I'm back with a couple big updates! Firstly we now have a Discord server, this is a real-time chat messaging client you can run on your phone, desktop, or anywhere. It's a pretty powerful desktop application that enables people to chat together, and with multiple channels you can find people interested in what you're interested in. If you don't already have a Discord account it's pretty easy to get one, just click the following invite link to get started: https://discord.gg/U93PYnB Secondly I'm proud to announce the return of Groups, it's been renamed to Clubs and is now available here: https://muscle-growth.org/clubs/. This system is entirely user generated and allows users to create groups of their own based on any subject they want. Go ahead and try it now, visit the link above to get started if you want to create or join a group!   As always thank you to all of our donators and Patreon contributors who keep the forums going! 
Eadwig

How do you see yourself?

I'm getting through the member pics ( still on posts from 2014) and having had body issues in my younger days (I always thought myself as fat, I'm happier now but the issues never really leave). Just wondering how you see yourself when looking/ posing in the mirror?

I was literally (and that means literally, not figuratively) just skin and bones when I began to work out, because of an illness. Now I am average. I'm not sure if I have any body issues, though some over-sensitive persons would probably call my membership here a body issue. It would be fun to become big, but I am grateful for my present state.

I have always considered myself to be overweight and overly fat, so it came as rather a surprise when I bought a new set of scales which stated I had a BMI of 27.5 (halfway between healthy and obese) and a body fat rating of around 14% (also listed as healthy) which came as a genuine surprise to me

Not vain, DaveMuscle, more like hot as hell....

Posing in a mirror makes me uncomfortable...I don't see much muscle and I think I look very out of shape.  A selfie or timer pic is better, and some I think look OK.   A picture that I have cropped so my face is not in it can look good, especially if it is just a tight cropped pic of one body part, or a pic taken by someone else where a face is not visible.  I've had pics taken by other guys that I  wouldn't recognize as me if the background wasn't so familiar.  

No, it doesn't make sense to me either.  One thought is a lot of that self image might be formed early in life...I was really out of shape, self conscious, poor at sports, and kidded when younger, and didn't start lifting until I was in my late 40's.   Go figure...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomofutah said:

Not vain, DaveMuscle, more like hot as hell....

Posing in a mirror makes me uncomfortable...I don't see much muscle and I think I look very out of shape.  A selfie or timer pic is better, and some I think look OK.   A picture that I have cropped so my face is not in it can look good, especially if it is just a tight cropped pic of one body part, or a pic taken by someone else where a face is not visible.  I've had pics taken by other guys that I  wouldn't recognize as me if the background wasn't so familiar.  

No, it doesn't make sense to me either.  One thought is a lot of that self image might be formed early in life...I was really out of shape, self conscious, poor at sports, and kidded when younger, and didn't start lifting until I was in my late 40's.   Go figure...

That is very interesting indeed I must say, it's like me (but in reverse). I thought that I was terribly overweight and fat (but I am not) and you think that you're not in shape (when I am sure that most people who say the opposite), could it be therefore that all of these people who state that male models being used to demonstrate normal people has had an impact on what people define as normal?

• Upvote 1

On 04/09/2017 at 7:40 PM, DaveMuscle said:

I see myself as not the biggest, but still impressively fit and strong for my age. Sorry if that comes across as vain!

Not vain at all. I admire your confidence.