• Announcements

• CMiller

Help contribute, donate via PayPal or join with a monthly Patreon contribution.   01/01/17

To help raise funds I've introduced a monthly contribution option called Pateron. This service allows you to pledge a monthly contribution plus allows me to offer you some rewards for your contribution. If you have any questions you may PM me. If you'd like to make that contribution please click on the image below:      
    • CMiller

NEWS: Discord Server & Clubs (aka Groups) are back!   08/19/17

Hello everyone I'm back with a couple big updates! Firstly we now have a Discord server, this is a real-time chat messaging client you can run on your phone, desktop, or anywhere. It's a pretty powerful desktop application that enables people to chat together, and with multiple channels you can find people interested in what you're interested in. If you don't already have a Discord account it's pretty easy to get one, just click the following invite link to get started: https://discord.gg/Ahzu9jC Secondly I'm proud to announce the return of Groups, it's been renamed to Clubs and is now available here: https://muscle-growth.org/clubs/. This system is entirely user generated and allows users to create groups of their own based on any subject they want. Go ahead and try it now, visit the link above to get started if you want to create or join a group!   As always thank you to all of our donators and Patreon contributors who keep the forums going! 
Sign in to follow this  
mystery7

The Passing of Bodybuilder Dallas McCarver

There's a bit of controversy swirling around the GoFundMe Dallas McCarver Foundation.  Questions have arisen as to whether it is in fact a 503c non-profit and some other controversies, given the haste in which it was set up and by whom.  Some of the questions remain unanswered.   Per Dallas' family's wishes, if you're so inclined, please consider donating to the St. Jude Children Hospital Dallas McCarver Memorial. St. Jude is certainly a first rate non-profit with unquestioned integrity.

21015746_1550563294966819_4917568603626189493_o.jpg

4 hours ago, Wrestlejock646 said:

There's a bit of controversy swirling around the GoFundMe Dallas McCarver Foundation.  Questions have arisen as to whether it is in fact a 503c non-profit and some other controversies, given the haste in which it was set up and by whom.  Some of the questions remain unanswered.   Per Dallas' family's wishes, if you're so inclined, please consider donating to the St. Jude Children Hospital Dallas McCarver Memorial. St. Jude is certainly a first rate non-profit with unquestioned integrity.

21015746_1550563294966819_4917568603626189493_o.jpg

So the GoFundMe for Dallas isn't really from his family?

The GoFundMe foundation was set up within 24 hours of Dallas' death by Dallas' girlfriend of several months and Aaron Singerman, CEO of RedCon1, for whom Dallas worked.  Originally, only his girfriend, CEO Aaron Singerman and his chief of staff at RedCon1 were listed as foundation administrators. None of Dallas' family were involved as they had set up a memorial fund with St. Jude on behalf of Dallas.  Supposedly, and after much controversy, Aaron Singerman is removing himself and any RedCon1 personnel from the GoFundMe foundation and it will, according to Singerman, be under the administration of Dallas' girlfriend and parents. Singerman is supposed to be making this transfer after the funeral today.  But to answer your question, the GoFundMe Dallas McCarver foundation was not established by his family.  

As a Northern European, I often find the readiness of (non-Canadian and non-Bahamian) Northern Americans to mention their beliefs as exotic, foreign and slightly strange: It is considered a very private and sensitive matter belonging to the personal sphere where I live, and I guess the French are slightly similar in their social attitudes (although we don't have the explicit ideal of laïcitée here up North – look at Denmark and its still established church!). When McCarver mentioned gratitude to God in his videos or on Instagram, he did it in a non-pretentious way, which I found rather moving. In this thread, I find out, that he belonged to Church of Christ, which I find socio-culturally interesting: We don't have any close equivalent to that denomination over here. May he rest in peace.

https://medium.com/@anthonyroberts/dallas-mccarver-autopsy-5ec5f959163d

Dallas McCarver: Autopsy

anthonyrobertsNov 28

Dallas McCarver, IFBB professional bodybuilder, died after an unwitnessed cardiac event contributed to by of combination of coronary atherosclerosis (a buildup of plaque in the arteries) and an enlarged left ventricle (a thickening of the heart muscle that causes it to work harder). McCarver had a family history of cardiovascular disease including both hypertension and atherosclerosis.

Dallas was found on the floor in his living room with food scattered around his body shortly after midnight on August 22nd, 2017. Paramedics were called and he arrived at the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was pronounced dead at 1:03 A.M. An autopsy was performed the following day.

Noted at the time of autopsy was an enlarged liver and kidneys, nephrosclerosis (a hardened kidney), heavy lungs, and a papillary thyroid carcinoma. Prior medical history includes cholesterol issues (high LDL/ low HDL), elevated aminotransferase levels, a chronic cough and shortness of breath, and childhood asthma.

His testosterone levels were very high. Trenbolone metabolites were also present. Screening for additional steroids was negative, although he tested positive for caffeine and marijuana metabolites (neither of which are mentioned as contributing factors in his death). No other recreational drugs or narcotics were present.

Also noted (but neither tested for, nor listed as a contributing factor in Dallas’ death) was a prior history of hGH and insulin use.

Might as well put this here too:

https://medium.com/@anthonyroberts/rich-pianas-autopsy-630ccb12ca33

Rich Piana’s Autopsy

The results are in…and they’re not what you’d expect.

anthonyrobertsNov 8

Florida’s District Six Medical Examiner has completed Rich Piana’s autopsy (read the full report at MuckRock). Here’s what got reported:

an enlarged heart (and “significant heart disease”)

mild coronary atherosclerosis (plaque buildup on the artery walls)

fatty liver

congested thyroid

congested kidneys

discolored kidneys

ischemic brain tissue (i.e. brain tissue that had lost blood supply)

necrotic brain tissue (i.e. dead cells)

brain edema (swelling)

ascites (accumulation of protein-containing fluid in the abdomen)

In addition, by far the lengthiest part of the autopsy’s notes concerned his lungs, which were filled with fluid and swollen (bronchopneumonia pleural effusion wih edema), showed apparent fat emboli and micro-abscesses, plus displayed both acute and chronic inflammatory cells.

No cause or manner of death is given.

And it would be nearly impossible to determine cause of death with any certainty, as a result of Piana’s severe heart disease and admitted (performance enhancing) drug use — plus the fact that he survived in a coma for 18 days in the hospital.

No toxicology tests were administered because the hospital discarded the specimens, despite an explicit request that they be retained.