Unit 246: Chapter Three

Hialmar

Chapter One is found here:

https://muscle-growth.org/topic/13112-unit-246/

Chapter Two is found here:

https://muscle-growth.org/topic/13129-unit-246-chapter-two/

Unit 246

Chapter Three

Sergeant Mulligan trembled in anticipation: He wanted to know. He wanted to know how far the lads under his command could grow. He wanted to know what the Prototype Enhancement formula 8.1 would do to a slim and narrow-shouldered civilian, and Unit 246 had brought a test subject for him. To hell with precautions! Why spend valuable time on evaluation of formulas 7.3 and 8.0 when the 8.1 already existed in a prototype state? He wanted to know.

The civilian – a protester even – had been given a meal, which he seemed to appreciate. What did the central galactic administration and the multi-corporations think of, when they increased fees and prices on food, and why on earth had they re-routed some of the shipping routes? Even if those mining families had no right to protest in the violent manner they did – we ought to trust the Emperor –  they were right on one point: All human beings need food. Well, now the civilian had been given a meal and a nutrition-injection, and Unit 246 had brought him to Lab 5 on Sergeant Mulligans order.

Unit 246 had stripped the frightened test subject naked, and fastened the feet and hands of the test subject in the four power sockets. Unlike the updates, managed while the individual unit reclined in a sort of chair, the initial enhancement Procedure demanded another treatment. The chrome-shining power sockets swallowed the test subject's hands and feet entirely, and he stood with his skinny legs broad apart inside the sockets, shaping an X with his arms. Unit 246 was now attaching a hose to the test subject's genitals. The test subject became pale. He looked frightened, and didn't dare to say anything to Sergeant Mulligan or Unit 246.

Mulligan was curious: Some of the early recruits had a background in sports, or had good records from earlier military service. The second generation consisted at a ratio of 20% of sons of former Enhanced Special Marine Servicemen, with no former background in the Forces until The Procedure. This test subject was uncharacteristically thin, but the hopes for the 8.1 update aimed at something more extreme than hitherto. Something amazing could be about to happen, opening a wider range of future recruits, unless some unforeseen side effect would kick in. Like the 5.4 upgrade... A short moment of hesitation went by, when Sergeant Mulligan remembered the screams of the deformed monstrosities, that were the result of the discontinued 5.4 upgrade. The scientists must have transcended such obstacles since quite a long time, by now. The scientists still warned against using any formula newer than the 7.2 upgrade, but why take so long time with the prototype formulas? The 7.3 prototype worked well on Unit 246, a few days ago, didn't it? Mulligan wanted to build prototype soldiers. Some day... Some day he wanted to become one of them. He had led these larger-than-life marines in combat so many times, marvelled at their stamina, performance... Self-control... Muscles... Their superior in the command chain, but their inferior when it came to actual capacity. Some day, he wanted to join them.

The test subject had been overcome with fright, but now his fear released a string of words:

"Don't you see, Bill? It's me! Max! Please, release me from this machine! Don't torture me! I don't know anything about the leaders of the protest. I just joined, because I needed food! I don't know anything! There's no use for torturing me! It's me, Bill! Remember?"

"Unit 246, administer the DNA-alering injection to the test subject."

"Yes, Sir!"

It was done. A muffled cry from the test subject.

"Unit 246, administer Prototype Enhancement formula 8.1 to the test subject."

"Yes, Sir!"

"What was that? Truth serum? But I do not know anything you want to know! Bill?"

Unit 246 looked straightforward in a dispassionate and slightly machine-like way.

"Unit 246, connect the test subject to mind-program."

"Yes, Sir!"

The eyes of the test-subject widened.

"Leave the chamber, Unit 246!"

"Yes, Sir!"

Unit 246 towered at the side of Sergeant Mulligan, and watched the chamber.

"M.A.I.5! Heat the chamber up!"

The Medical Artificial Intelligence answered with its usual metallic voice:

"Sergeant Mulligan. Chamber is. Heating up."

A familiar humming sound began and increased in volume.

"M.A.I.5! Activate the nanites inside the test subject!"

"Sergeant Mulligan. Nanites activating. In test subject. Prototype Enhancement formula 8.1. Let me remind you. Sergeant Mulligan. That enhancement formula is. In prototype stage. Caution is adviced."

"Caution acknowledged, but overrided. Proceed."

"Overriding Prototype Caution Protocol. Proceeding. Safety Protocol activated. Unable to proceed with. Safety Protocol activated."

"Deactivate Safety Protocol."

"Safety Protocol. Deactivated by. Sergeant Mulligan. Security clearance. L6."

"Proceed."

"Proceeding. Prototype Enhancement formula 8.1 now identified. And activated. In test-subject, power sockets A. Mind-program running. Concomitantly to. DNA-alteration. And. Nano-facilitated re-building. Hypertrophic power activated. Current now. Twenty millibanners. And increasing."

"What's happening to me? What's this? It's..."

The faint outlines of the test-subject's muscles were becoming visible.

"No! What are you doing? What's happening to my body? Like it's taken over by something not me... Feel sick... Must puke... Sickening feeling... So alien... What the fuck is happening to me?"

The metallic voice of M.A.I.5 interrupted:

"Nanites fully integrated. And working according preferred prototype enhancement formula. DNA alteration incomplete, but running. Testosterone levels rising."

"BILL! You must release me! Something sick is happening! Something..."

Unit 246 observed the chamber, without showing any reaction. Sergeant Mulligan observed, fascinated by what he saw. At this early level, it looked fairly similar to what he had observed innumerable times, but the novel aspect of this experiment was, that a typical ectomorph was able to achieve the same level as the more typical mesomorphs used in the past.

"Hypertrophic power current. One hundred millibanners. And increasing. Mind-program. Intensifying."

The test subject's fear seemed to melt away, but something else was rising.

"I said: Release me! You bloody wankers out there, even you, Bill! I trusted you! Now you let me out or I shall... I shall... Yes! O fuck, yes! Bigger now! I will fucking give you a thrashing, with this new strength, if you don't let me out, and let... Fuck! So good! Couldn't have dreamed of..."

"Hypertrophic power current. Five hundred millibanners. And increasing. Mind-program. Intensifying. Testosterone increasing. DNA-alteration progress 25%. Nanite activity at 35%. And increasing."

"Wait? What are you doing? No! You can't... Can't make me into a hulk-marine! I don't want to become one of them! I'll find you a cure, Bill. I promise! Let me out, so that this... Oh, fuck! So good! So much! You can't change me... Look at these guns! Can't move them now, but anyhow... YES! Look at this bruiser... this brick shithouse... I'll show you when I break free... Let you see some aggro! I'll marmalise you! The power streaming through me... so bloody UNBELIEVABLE!"

"All parameters and levels increasing and intensifying."

"YES! Look at me! The new Uni... No! No, you can't change me! I'm Max, Bill! Remember Max? So big now... Like you, Bill... Becoming like you... So good! So much! So big! So hard! Like a good mari- ... NO! I'm me, I'm not... So fucking massive. I could soon crush this machine if I wanted, but I don't WANT to crush it, since it is so GOOD when it cram me more and more full with this muscle building POWER... No one will mess with me. I'm a loyal... NO! I'M MYSELF! Program me according to your wish, Sarge... NO! So big! Like a good marine! Noooooo!"

"All parameters and levels increasing and intensifying."

Unit 246 didn't show any reaction to the test subjects' ramblings, but Sergeant Mulligan studied the process with deep interest. It was the best enhancement formula he had witnessed. The test subject was now of about the same size as Unit 246, and The Procedure wasn't even half-way. Enormous pecs protruded from the wide chest, and a monstrous – yet functional – trapezius covered his back, thick lats hanging on each sides. Veins covered large areas of the test subject's body. Instruments allowed them to hear the test subject's heart beat.

"Hypertrophic power current. Twelve hundred millibanners. And increasing. Mind-program. Intensifying."

"I'M MYSEEEEEEELF! Sir! Unit 388 reporting for duty! Please enhance the abilities and capacities of this individual unit, Sir! This individual unit exist for the purpose of enhancing his capacity and use his capacity to the utmost, for the sake of the Galactic Empire. Let me inform you, Sir, that Emotion Access is still activated, and that... Uh! Uhnn! Let me... UH! ...That The Procedure is quite intense. Sir! So good! More, Sir! Give me more!"

"Hypertrophic power current. Two thousand millibanners. And increasing. Mind-program. Intensifying. DNA-alteration progress 97%. Nanite activity at 95%. Testosterone level. Rising."

Sergeant Mulligan would soon deactivate Emotion Access, but he wanted to observe the next minute or two. The test subject was now bigger than any former or existing Enhanced Special Marine Serviceman.

"Yes, Sir! Bulging all over! Every muscle engorged WITH POWER! Could crush anything! For the Emperor and the Empire! This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for pleasure and this is for fun! Joining my brothers in arms! Defend! Protect! Yes! Increasing!"

"Hypertrophic power current. Two thousand five hundred millibanners. And increasing."

"Unit 388, deactivate Emotion Access."

"Sir! Yes, Sir! Emotion Access deactivated. Proficiency levels increasing, Sir!"

"M.A.I.5! Procure Prototype Enhancement formula 8.1. for two further test subjects!"

A white cylinder moved away from the antiseptic wall, and the metallic voice returned:

"Prototype Enhancement formula 8.1. for two further test subjects procured."

"Pick it up, Unit 246."

"Yes, sir." He picked them up. 

Sergeant Mulligan trembled. He was going to show them. He was going to show his superiors the advisability and usefulness of using Prototype Enhancement formula 8.1, despite all the talk about safety precautions over at Research and Development.

"Unit 246, administer the DNA-alering injection to me."

"Yes, Sir!"

"Unit 246, administer Prototype Enhancement formula 8.1 to me and yourself."

"Yes, Sir!"

"Unit 246, now enter the chamber, together with me.

"Yes, Sir!"

Sergeant Mulligan was going to show them. He was going to show them the power of the prototype formula. He was going to show them his power. He was going to become the second prototype.

Chapter Four is found here:

https://muscle-growth.org/topic/13146-unit-246-chapter-four/

Edited by Hialmar
language, link
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

So the seargent decided to go a¿gains everythign and usded teh serum on hismelf and Unit 243. Inetresting. What will teh changes be like now? will he still be able to control them?

• Like 1