EcchiMultiverse

All comments and critiques are welcomed here and on my Google Docs(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PejxLG1r2y7HI0n1i62CksC6gC2HVhceyfvBkAkGnSY)

For other chapters, I will post them on here later. But you can find the archives on my FA and Tumblr with pics included.

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ecchimultiverse/

Tumblr: http://ecchimultiverse.tumblr.com/

For first looks and more illustrations, check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ecchimultiverse

First Chapter | Previous Chapter |  Next Chapter

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY PATRONS:
CHRISTOPHER FLOYD, DONALD MORGAN, ANDREW L, CHARLIE LORD, JAMIE CHAPMAN, JOHN LARSON, PETRA, & CREEP

All comments and critiques are welcomed here and on my Google Docs(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PejxLG1r2y7HI0n1i62CksC6gC2HVhceyfvBkAkGnSY)

For other chapters, I will post them on here later. But you can find the archives on my FA and Tumblr with pics included.

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ecchimultiverse/

Tumblr: http://ecchimultiverse.tumblr.com/

For first looks and more illustrations, check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ecchimultiverse

First Chapter | Previous Chapter |  Next Chapter

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY PATRONS:
CHRISTOPHER FLOYD, DONALD MORGAN, ANDREW L, CHARLIE LORD, JAMIE CHAPMAN, JOHN LARSON, PETRA, & CREEP

Chapter 20: Soul Venom

Seconds ticked by, as Marvelous Man’s heart rate began to accelerate. His mind swirled with confusion. Gazing about his childhood room, the muscle demigod remembered going to bed back at his apartment with Gene laying next to him.

Marvelous Man looked over at the other side of his wide race car bed. The Totochtin Prince was nowhere to be found. Everything he had experienced could not have been a dream...right?

Gazing over to the bedroom door, the hulking bodybuilder spotted a set clothes fitted onto a plastic hanger that hung over the doorknob. Marvelous Man instantly recognized it as the clothes he tore off under emotional duress on the day of his birthday. The day he was told he was a demigod created to be a superhero to fight evil in the real world for the glory of his parents.

Marvelous Man slowly inhaled air through his nose and began to plan. Feeling shocked was not getting him anywhere. The thing he needed to do was get dressed and head downstairs. He can figure the rest from there.

Rolling himself off of the sloshing waterbed, the musclebound superhero slowly thumped his heavy body towards the door. Marvelous Man picked up the hanger of clothes and detached the clothing from the plastic tool. While pulling the clothes off, he then noticed that the articles of clothing appeared to be brand new instead of stretched to its max with tiny holes.

Marvelous Man mentally confirmed to himself that the clothes were most definitely new, as he struggled to equip each garment. The golden thong was very snug in the front compartment and did not droop down like it had done so during his years of wearing it. He only had one golden thong and was one of his prized possessions that made him feel special.

The white tank top clung too tightly to his meaty pectorals and took several attempts before successfully pulling it over his pecshelf. The white straps seemed to almost be pressing into his blimpy pecs. Due to it being used for the first time, the tank top was not able to stretch far enough to cover his navel.

As for the jean shorts, the shorts’ sleeves seemed...shorter than he remembered. It almost appeared to be a pair of daisy dukes on his body after his thunderous thighs stretched the sleeves’ fabric to a near paper-thinness. The back part of it had not been worn enough to be loose and mold around the bodybuilder’s massive, round posterior. It instead clung over the top of the enormous globes and collapsed in between his meaty buttocks; causing the bottom half of his beefy derriere to spill out of the jean shorts’ sleeves. It was also unable to cover the golden thong’s waistband sprouting out of the crevice of his buttocks and gliding over his waist.

While Marvelous Man squirmed about to put on the last familiar but new clothing, he noticed his golden bracelets. He tugged at the jewelry and remembered how they seemed permanently attached to his wrists. It was the one element that the musclebound superhero felt grounded him in his own questioning sanity. The proof of him unlocking his powers and being released to the real world.

The muscle demigod turned to his left and faced a wall-mounted mirror that was scaled to his size. Concentrating, he activated his flight power. Marvelous Man slowly rose up until the tips of his toes were touching the ground. Then there was no touching. Marvelous Man hovered with only a tiny gap between him and the floor.

The musclebound superhero smiled with a big grin while continuing to levitate further up. He really had left Sunnysville and become a superhero! Seconds later, his head collided with the ceiling with a low thud. Marvelous Man grunted, as he grabbed his head at the slight pain.

Lowering himself down to the flooring, the hulking bodybuilder considered whether he should transform or not. Marvelous Man then came to the conclusion that it could be bad if he was discovered with his superhero outfit on. He had a sneaking suspicion as to who kidnapped him back to Sunnysville. But if he was wrong, they would probably attack him immediately without a chance for him to talk. Marvelous Man guessed that if Gene were here at this moment, the rabbit superhero would treat this as an investigation before jumping to the conclusion of fighting.

The musclebound superhero derailed his train of thought by wondering if he was more of a detective rather than a superhero. He was after all put on an investigation squad to scout and gain info about the Skeleton Lord. Superheroes in the comic books he read usually punch stuff to solve the problem. The only thing to understand about the enemy was to figure out where to punch and with what element. Only the powerless folks or brooding superheroes did investigations...which led right back to where to punch and with what element.

Taking another breath and staring into the eyes of his reflection, Marvelous Man psyched himself up enough to start going downstairs. He just needed to play along as the powerless Justice Starr in order to figure out what was going on.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Everything in the house looked as he remembered. From the creaking of the wooden stairs to the smell of the house...before it was subjugated by the flood of rotting muffins. Though gone for only a few months, it felt like years had passed. Nostalgia flooded Marvelous Man’s brain, as he stared at the family photos hanged on the stairway walls. Each photo had its own gimmick: ugly Christmas sweaters, ancient warriors, wild west, and etc.

The scent of frying bacon grew stronger, as the hulking bodybuilder reached the bottom of the steps. It reminded him of his mother’s cooking: greasy, delicious, and full of love. Papa Ares did make bacon sometimes, but they usually ended up nearly burnt. Apollo would faint at the suggestion of bacon and just offer up some sort of avocado wheat toast with a grapefruit.

Marvelous Man could hear the tinkling of silverware and plates echo across the hall. Passing through the foyer and into the dining hall, the muscle demigod experienced a sense of deja vu. Seated at the dining table were his fathers, Ares and Apollo; eating breakfast instead of sitting underneath a Happy Birthday banner with serious faces. As he stepped through, Ares was the first to look up and notice Marvelous Man.

Ares smiled, “Morning, son! Didja sleep well last night?”

Marvelous Man eyed his Papa with suspicion. There was no need to act ignorant. He could already tell his parents were the real deal. Unlike normal people or the robot citizens of Sunnysville, his parents gave off an atmosphere that one could tell the Starr parents were different. Though that has now been realized with the fact that Marvelous Man’s parents were Greek gods.

“Yeah, I guess I did...Ummm, why...what am I doing back here in Sunnysville?” questioned Marvelous Man.

Apollo turned his attention from the breakfast plate towards Marvelous Man upon hearing his son speak. His fashion this time consisted of a yellow polo shirt with a blue sweater tied around the collar and light khaki pants. The only other thing to perfect this ensemble would be a croquet mallet in his hands.

Ares scratched his scars, “Uh, what do you mean, son? You’ve always been in Sunnysville.”

“...Are you seriously trying to gaslight me?! I know I’ve lived out in the real world, and it wasn’t a dream! I’m still wearing the bracelets you guys gave me,” pointed Marvelous Man.

Apollo retorted, “I think the bigger question is when did you get so perceptive.”

“Since you guys told me the world I lived in was fake. And also finding out how different the real world is for a couple of months does that to you. Especially when you find out public bathrooms come with bidets,” said Marvelous Man.

The door from across the dining room opened. Carrying a tray full of pancakes through the entry was Marvelous Man’s mother, Aphrodite. The Goddess of Love seemed radiant even with her apparel of sweatpants and a simple, white t-shirt. Upon spotting Marvelous Man, Aphrodite smiled.

She spoke, “Justice! Good morning, sugarplum. Did you have a good night sleep? I made pancakes.”

“Mom, why did you all drag me back here?” inquired Marvelous Man.

Aphrodite moseyed towards the dining table before setting the tray onto it. She looked up at Marvelous Man with a smiling but puzzled look.

She replied, “Whatever do you mean, sweetie. You mean back home?”

Apollo rolled his eyes.

“Forget it, Aphrodite. Two seconds in, and he already figured it out,” he sighed.

Marvelous Man exclaimed, “Am I going to have to break something or will you people just answer me already?!”

“Justice, please. Use your inside voice,” spoke Aphrodite

Marvelous Man glared at his mother. Fingers clenched into fists, his patience had evaporated. He did not want to play games anymore and allow his parents to manipulate him any further.

Ares spoke up, “We did it to protect you, son. After you disappeared for two days from our sight, we thought the worst had happened...we thought...the Skeleton Lord killed you.”

“And when you came back, we were relieved that you were still alive...But then we became more afraid than ever,” continued Aphrodite.

Marvelous Man frowned, “Why? This is what you all created me for. You wanted me to be a hero, and I did that. I even came to enjoy that.”

Nobody replied. Silence hung in the air for seconds. Apollo cleared his throat.

“The fact is, Justice, we didn’t realize how much you dying affected us. Or would,” said Apollo.

Marvelous Man shook his head, “But isn’t that what’s going to happen to me? If I go off to fight, I have a big chance of dying. I mean, Papa, you’re the God of War. Isn’t this something you’re used to? I’m pretty sure you all had kids before me. What makes this different with me?”

“Because you’re different. Everything about you is different. Your birth. This place. Everything,” replied Ares, “In Sunnysville, we were cut off from the world just so that we could keep a close eye on you. We didn’t have any duties to uphold. We just had to be...human.

He continued, “And you became our world, Justice...We are beings that will last forever, and knowing that you are only temporary...how can we move on when you’re gone?”

Aphrodite moved closer to her son; edging by with careful steps that could stand on eggshells. Tears had begun to form in her eyes.

“And when I heard your cry with my mother’s love...Calling out to me. I wished with all my heart that I could come to you, but I could not find you. The last of when I saw you was after your heart had been broken,” she said.

Apollo bit his lip, “We didn’t realize it until now, that you had become the source of our happiness. So we brought you here in the hopes that if we could just have everything stay the same, you would be safe and happy until you were an old man and not slain in your youth by some nightmare monster. And if you somehow gain immortality, then good news! We can stay in this paradise forever!”

The need to smash something began to rise. Marvelous Man almost felt himself getting ready to run back towards his room and rip off his clothes. He clenched his fists even harder to suppress the old habit.

“You’re kidding, right? Do you have any idea how much this place fucked me over?!” he ranted, “I wasn’t allowed to talk differently with other people, cause the other people aren’t real! No compromise at all. I could only act a certain way or I wouldn’t be able to get anything done. And it is so hard to just be myself with real people. I still think sometimes that if I don’t say something predictable, nobody will talk to me,”

Seconds ticked by in the piercing silence before Apollo turned to Aphrodite.

“Guess we shoulda waited those three days for the social programming, huh?” mentioned Apollo.

Marvelous Man’s jaw dropped, “...YOU COULDN’T WAIT THREE DAYS FOR THE ROBOTS TO START ACTING LIKE PEOPLE BEFORE LOCKING ME IN HERE?!”

All three gods shrugged at him.

“Eh…” they said in unison.

Apollo answered, “I mean, we thought you’d be fine.”

“WHAT?! You shoulda just left me with a human family!” exclaimed Marvelous Man.

Ares replied, “We did with the others. But you’re a special case cause of...you know.”

Marvelous Man stared at the God of War; his eyelids drooped with an aloof demeanor.

“I don’t have time for this. I’m leaving,” he huffed.

As the hulking bodybuilder turned towards the door, his mother clutched her chest. She followed her son through the entrance with the other gods steps behind her.

“YOU CAN’T!” shouted Aphrodite, “If you go, the Skeleton Lord will kill you!”

Marvelous Man stopped, “...You don’t know that. Me and my friends will probably beat him. And if you really feel that way, you can stop him yourselves.”

Ares slammed his fist against the house; causing the structure to momentarily tremble.

“It’s not like we don’t want to! But even if we could find him, we’re not allowed to harm him,” he said.

Marvelous Man sighed, “Fine. Why?”

“Us old gods swore an oath that our divinity could only be used to assist heroes against those we contend against. And since we’re incapable of breaking oaths, that means we can do diddly-squat about the Skeleton Lord. And if someone were able to break it, that would free the rest from the oath and cause all out celestial wars. Mass destruction and even the world being destroyed in the process,” clarified Apollo.

The muscle demigod turned to his parents.

Marvelous Man frowned, “Then...assist me! Give me a power up or an upgrade or something!”

“You’re safer here. That is your assist,” stated Ares.

Marvelous Man exclaimed, “The fffuck it is! I’m going to stop the Skeleton Lord with or without your help. I’ll learn magic or get a familiar to do magic for me or just buy a gun if I have to. Cause apparently, I’m rich as hell and can buy a death ray gun for all I care.”

Aphrodite watched her child trail in the direction of the loan office where the exit to the real world hid. She leaned forward to initiate chase, as Ares placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Leave him be, my sweet. He will cool off once he realizes he does not have the key,” reasoned Ares.

Marvelous Man then leapt into the air and proceeded to fly over the neighboring houses. The three Greek gods stared on, while their eyes grew wide.

“Well, shit. He’s still transformed...which means that he could transform back into his superhero outfit and retrieve the key. Did we really just forget that?!,” said Apollo.

The God of Art held out his hand. Light began to concentrate in his palm before extending itself. Upon reaching an appropriate length, the light shattered to reveal a golden bow beneath. Apollo held the bow in front of himself and began to pull the string. A bolt of light materialized; nocking behind the golden string.

He sighed, “Whatever, I’ve got it covered. Hindsight, you are a bitch.”

“Apollo! He’s our son!” shouted Aphrodite.

Apollo clicked his tongue, “Girl, it’s fine. It’s just a stun arrow. Nasty, but he’ll live.”

Releasing his grip on the string, Apollo’s arrow launched. The arrow of light sailed through the air with a slight curve. Marvelous Man continued to fly straight with no awareness of the projectile, while the arrow homed in. The light-based weapon collided into Marvelous Man’s back; causing the musclebound superhero to seize in the air. The hulking bodybuilder appeared frozen in a twisted pose, as Marvelous Man fell.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The rattle in Marvelous Man’s head came to a slow. The last thing he remembered was taking flight and heading to the pocket dimension’s exit. Then he felt a shooting pain pierce into his back and immediately dispersed throughout the rest of his massive body. The hulking bodybuilder’s muscles clenched in paralysis and felt his senses going haywire. For a brief moment, he could not tell what was up or down until he collided into the ground with a brief thud.

Marvelous Man pushed himself up. He knew that now was not a time to rest. His parents most likely did something to him to cause his fall, and they will catch up soon. Giving his surroundings a quick scan, it appeared he fell into the backyard of one of his neighbors. The spacious, fenced property had only grass and a tire swing tied to a fully-grown oak tree. Marvelous man released a sigh upon noticing his parents were not in sight.

With only seconds to act, he ran behind the oak tree. While taller than the muscle demigod, the tree was not wider than his massive shoulders protruding from behind. Marvelous Man was aware that if he were to stand a sliver of a chance to get to the loan office, he needed to be fully armed. The musclebound superhero placed his golden-jeweled wrists on top of one another and held them above his head.

“MarvelousMuscleMagic,Metamorph!” fast-talked Marvelous Man.

The muscle demigod floated in the familiar vacuum, void of all existence, where all his transformations took place. His clothes shattered off of him with the appearance of stained glass; refracting its colors into the void. Silver paint from an unseen assailant began whipping at his gargantuan body. The paint slapped between the meaty globes of his buttocks and over the ridges of his waist. When the silver paint slapped the bodybuilder’s sexual meat in all directions, his sack and penis bounced about. A silver thong fully materialized on Justice, as the last stroke of silver paint brushed against his waist. White paint then appeared only to give a simple dab onto his forehead and belly button; materializing a diamond-like rhinestone as a bindi on his forehead and a larger rhinestone that covered his navel.

As the transformation dimension dispersed, Justice landed back behind the oak tree. The hulking bodybuilder took no time to for a break and repeated his transformation stance.

He chanted again, “MarvelousMuscleMagic,Metamorph!”

Transported back to his transportation dimension, Justice floated in the vacuous void. The thong and jewelry he had just been equipped with had immediately taken on the consistency of dried paint. The paint cracked and fractured throughout; encompassing both thong and jewelry. Flakes of the cracked equipment broke off and floated up into the void. When the muscle demigod had become nude again, the familiar, multi-colored ribbons of bondage reached out from the beyond. The ribbons bound around his limbs; squeezing his large pectorals and bubbly glutes. Completing their enrapture, the ribbons became Marvelous Man’s signature outfit: black leather jacket, black leather boots, American flag bikini, and a golden laurel wreath.

Marvelous Man landed on the ground, as he was released from the empty space he transformed in. With time to spare, the musclebound superhero considered his options. Flying was definitely not something he wanted to try again with his sniper dad. Fighting should only be a last resort when one’s papa is the God of War. Rather than staying in the backyard to stand his ground, the hulking bodybuilder vaulted over the fence. Stealth was going to have to be the winning mechanic against beings that easily overpowered him.

As he touched over on the other side of the fence, Marvelous Man’s heart sank. He had landed in another backyard with plenty of wide space, and in the center of it stood his parents. All of the gods’ faces were devoid of emotion. Apollo was armed with his glowing bow, Ares had his arms crossed, and Aphrodite had her hands clasped over the other against her chest.

“Well, you sure shrugged that off faster than I thought. Let me guess, healing factor?” said Apollo.

Marvelous Man frowned, “Yeah.”

The God of Art’s eyes drifted; scanning Marvelous Man from top to bottom.

“Convenient and chique,” commented Apollo, “Though, I don’t know about your current fashion sense. Not judging, just thought you should know.”

Confused at his dad’s criticism, Marvelous Man looked down at himself. The clothes he wore before his double transformation had reappeared. Only this time, he sported the daisy duke shorts underneath his battle bikini and the white tank top underneath his black jacket. The waistband of his golden thong peeked out of the jean shorts; complementing the ridiculousness of his outfit even further. He really wanted to question the logistics of how he ended up looking like so, but there was no time for it.

Marvelous Man held up his index finger, “Hold on. Give me a sec.”

The musclebound superhero planted his foot into the ground and delivered a kick with his other as high as he could. Marvelous Man gave a kick that was almost perfectly pointing up; only off by a few degrees. He could feel the jean shorts tighten around his pelvis when kicking. The muscle demigod realized at that moment how much of a hindrance any pants-like variety was in combat. He was shocked at how his bikini actually served a purpose at allowing more flexibility and less drag to leg movements.

Without hesitation, he grabbed hold of his shorts and began tearing at it. The hulking bodybuilder ripped the shorts from different angles until the clothing fell to the grass in shreds. All there was left underneath the American flag bikini was the golden thong showing off its waistbands above the bikini’s. It might have seemed like such a hasty decision to do, but Marvelous Man was in no mood to take the time to peel off his lower garments. He wanted out.

“Okay, now I’m ready,” he said.

Aphrodite pleaded, “Please, sweetie. Don’t do this. You can’t beat the Skeleton Lord. Don’t think that you have any chance of defeating us.”

Marvelous Man did not want to openly admit he could not overcome his parents with force. But maybe with logic…

“You can’t fight me, anyways. Papa said you all swore an oath that you can’t contend against others by your own power,” he reasoned.

Ares cracked his knuckled, “Not if you’re under our divinity. We can do whatever we want with those that worship us or are our blood.”

The muscle demigod gritted his teeth; frustrated out how his luck was turning out. With no choice but to fight, Marvelous Man took off his golden wreath. He tried to calculate in his mind of how to attack.

With Apollo focused on the rules of combat due to the god’s divinity with athletics, it would be best to engage the God of Art with dirty tactics. Ares was a god that used violent bursts to quickly overpower opponents and should be countered with unorthodoxed methods and use defensive martial arts like Aikido to redirect the powerful strikes. No active approach was needed for Aphrodite. The Goddess of Love would most likely just watch the whole skirmish.

“Do you really intend to fight us, Justice?” said Aphrodite.

Ares frowned, “Back away, my sweet. The boy has made up his mind.”

The God of War and Apollo parted away from each other; moving closer to Marvelous Man in a diagonal angle until the two gods were standing at the bodybuilder’s left and right side. With a flick of his wrist, a wooden spear materialized in Ares’ grasp. Ares and the God of Art readied themselves in their fighting stances.

“Just so you know, the kiddie gloves may be on, but it’s still got thorns to hurt like hell,” mentioned Apollo.

Marvelous Man set the trap, “How could you guys do this to me and say that you love me? Am I just a disappointment to you all that you’re trying to hide?”

Both gods preparing to fight Marvelous Man hesitated; lowering their stances and weapons. Their faces softened with hurtful looks in their eyes.

“No, that’s not it,” broke Ares, “We’re doing this to-”

Marvelous Man threw his golden wreath at Ares before twisting his body towards Apollo. Activating his flight powers, the musclebound superhero dove as close to the ground as he could without touching. He dipped his right hand down and clawed into the earth while closing the distance between himself and the God of Art. Marvelous Man could see Apollo’s eyes widened at the surprise attack; unable to properly react.

At the very same moment, the golden wreath Marvelous Man threw had sailed over to the off-guarded Ares. The projectile concussed against Papa’s head with a loud ting. His eyes fogged with daze, as his head reeled back from the attack.

Upon reaching close range with the God of Art, Marvelous Man flew up and swiped with his dug hand to unleash a volley of dirt. The earthen spray flew against Apollo’s body and flung into the god’s eyes. The God of Art recoiled in pain at the literal dirty attack with a brief shriek.

Marvelous Man twirled in a counterclockwise motion, as he rose above his dad. Completing his rotation, the musclebound superhero brought his left leg down in a diagonal axe kick. The back of his boot’s heel connected against the side of Apollo’s neck; crumbling the God of Art into the ground. Marvelous Man lunged his body forward and followed the velocity of his kick into another spin. Finishing the revolution of his spin, the muscle demigod dove to grab Apollo by the yellow collar.

With Apollo in his grasp, Marvelous Man flew towards the dazed Ares. The muscle demigod spun in the air to his increase his attack before throwing his dad; shooting Apollo through the air like a human-sized missile dressed for a day at the country club. Ares was still staggered from the projectile attack but was beginning to edge towards recovery before the God of Art slammed into the bulky war god’s chest. The two gods careened into the wooden fence; splintering it into pieces. Marvelous Man turned to flee, as Ares was toppled over with Apollo on top.

“You were never a disappointment!” shouted Aphrodite.

Marvelous Man paused; switching his attention to where his mother stood.

Aphrodite continued, “We are so proud of what you accomplished even though you were so limited. But now it’s time to come home and live a safe life. You’ve earned it, Justice. We can even bring both of your lovers here if you’d like. I’m sure Gene would like it here, and you said you’d be fine if Gemini was with you.”

His heart rate kept racing, and nearly every fiber of his being was telling Marvelous Man to run. But a big part of him still wanted to talk this all out; hoping that words can settle the battle without violence. His shoulders slouched, as he thought about the compromise.

“...I’m sorry, mom. I can’t do that to them. I’d love to...but you’re forcing them to live somewhere they don’t actually want to be at. You of all people know what happens when you force someone to love a person. It’d be like that,” said Marvelous Man.

Aphrodite fired back, “How’s that any different from what you’re doing in the real world, sugarplum?”

Marvelous Man opened his mouth to ask what she meant, as three wooden broadswords fell from the sky. The swords pierced into the ground in front of the muscle demigod; severing the path between himself and Aphrodite. Marvelous Man jumped back from the sudden obstruction, as he heard Ares manly voice echo.

“It’s an insult to your enemy when you turn your attention away from them, son. Either keep fighting or run away!” shouted Ares.

Marvelous Man quickly inhaled air through his nose before following it with a sharp exhale. Stepping towards the wooden weapon stabbed into the ground, the musclebound superhero grabbed the sword in the center by the hilt. Marvelous Man lifted the weapon from the dirt with ease. He then turned to face his fathers, while pointing an open palm towards them. A golden glint shimmered for a moment behind the gods.

Apollo looked up at Ares, “So is he trying to signal a timeout or-ACK!”

The boomerang weapon that had hit Ares earlier had come whirling back. It struck the back of Apollo’s head; ringing out a blunt tung. The force of the blow knocked out the art god’s balance, as he fell to the ground once more.

Marvelous Man leapt forward while thrusting the wooden broadsword in a piercing strike. As he soared towards Ares, he activated his flight powers. The hulking bodybuilder straightened himself like a plank with both hands gripping the sword’s hilt. He then began to rotate; spinning with such ferocity that he looked like a blurred, black drill.

The God of War frowned and immediately dropped his spear. Flicking his hands into a grasping motion, a wooden sledgehammer appeared in his grip. The head of the weapon had a size that was often seen in comical shows, yet it held a menacing flair when wielded by a war god. Ares swung the hammer over his head in a slow, methodical fashion; as if timing his swing.

Once the drill form of Marvelous Man was only a second away from boring into Ares, the God of War slammed his sledgehammer down. Ares had correctly evaluated his time to strike; connecting the weapon against his son. The wooden sledgehammer’s blow struck Marvelous Man’s back and sent the muscle demigod slamming into the ground. The earth beneath cracked from the intense power, while spraying a gust of dirt and air in all directions and jostling his braided hair.

The breath in Marvelous Man’s lungs escaped him, as he gasped and groaned for it to come back. His spine was racked with pain, and he swore he heard a small pop when being smashed with Papa’s sledgehammer. He wanted to get up and keep fighting, but his body would not listen to his semi-conscious mind. Marvelous Man summoned all the willpower he could to keep awake; hoping that his healing factor would activate soon.

“It was a good try, son, but you’re fighting against me in my own element. I always win when it comes to senseless violence. But I suppose if you had been honorable, you would have just loss to your other father,” commented Ares.

Apollo slowly stood up, “Or maybe...just not fall for Ares’ provoke with the wooden sword he gave you. The man might be dense in everything else, but he definitely has a hands-on experience with being tricked into doing something careless.”

Silence held in the air for a few seconds. Marvelous Man could not see it, but he guessed that Apollo realized Ares was glaring at the art god. Apollo would then realize that Ares was still holding a large, wooden sledgehammer.

“Well, I still stand by what I said,” said Apollo.

Ares grunted, “Hmmm, so what do we do now?”

“Drag him back home, I guess. After that, well...we’ll just get a hold of Hephaestus and see if he can break off those bracelets since they’re enchanted to stay on Justice. And once that’s over, this world should smother his powers back into being base talents,” suggested Apollo.

The quiet had settled in once again in the passing seconds. None of the gods moved, as Marvelous Man slowly motioned his shaky hand into the depths of his jacket’s pockets. His mind filed through every possible thing to think of that could turn the tables in his situation: a weapon, a potion, or even a magical device that assists with fleeing. Nothing materialized against the tips of his fingers. The feeling of betrayal swelled in his heart, as he realized his parents never bothered to give him the things he truly needed in the battle against evil. They talked about keeping him safe, but it seemed that his heroism was still a game or entertaining story to them. Just like those superhero comic books where the hero was never truly in any danger thanks to the status quo.

Was he nothing more than some kind of pet? Like he was a teacup-sized dog meant only to fit in and accessorize a purse?

Apollo spoke up, “Well? This is the part where you pick him up. Chop-chop.”

“It’s just that…” paused Ares, “Are we really doing the right thing? We’re stealing away his chance to a fight he wishes to take part in. He could still win.”

Apollo sniped, “Last time I checked, he was no longer your little soldier after you caused his precious knee to dislocate. And did you forget the part where you told us Gilgamesh crushed his hands? Nuh-uh, I am not putting my baby through that.”

“No, no. You’re right. But...then what would change your mind?” asked Ares.

Apollo bit his lip, “Mmmm...Maybe if he found out what his divine element was, I’d be more at ease. It’d definitely give him the edge in battle. Having us three as his parents really muddied it up into becoming something else entirely. I scanned him when he was unconscious but can’t figure out for the eternity of me of what it is. All I know is that there’s a...dark side to his power that…-”

The two gods continued to babble about Marvelous Man, as the muscle demigod himself slowly regained his strength. Anger began coursing through his mind. How dare they...How dare they look down on him! They do not take him seriously enough that he is not disclosed about divine elements?! He fought with everything he had, and they still dared to withhold information that could have helped him?! The bundle of emotions that flooded through him was like the day he found out the truth about Sunnysville and his bloodline and destiny...He had enough.

Inching forward with every painful nudge, he managed to move his recovering body towards his fathers. Marvelous Man reached his hand out and grabbed Ares’ exposed ankle. The muscle demigod could feel the floodgates of his heart open. The toxic he held back surged into his gripping hand; emanating a whisping darkness whispering its dark secrets. Another kind of poison had also seeped into his tongue, but it was a toxin that lacked any supernatural power. Marvelous Man could feel his mouth moving on its own, yet he did not care.

“You’re all...a bunch of Dickasaures Rexes,” he gritted.

The dark aura flared, as its whispers grew louder. The poison scanned the war god’s leg; detecting the lengthy list of injuries the limb had encountered. Marvelous Man became aware of the leg’s history, while his heart grew number. He wanted to push all the pain he was feeling onto his own family.

Marvelous Man continued, “You all knew I had some power in me that could help me against the Skeleton Lord but didn’t say anything?! I’m risking my life out there when all you want to do is keep playing house?! FUCK THAT!”

Ares looked down at Marvelous Man with a stupefied expression. The dark aura seemed to feed on Marvelous Man’s words; growing big enough to encompass the muscle demigod. The grass underneath Marvelous Man wilted into black, as  it released a foul stench of rot. Its own lifetime of being trimmed had caused it to crumble into tiny black bits.

“Wha?” said Ares, “Son, we-”

“SHUT UP!!!” shouted Marvelous Man.

The whispering poison seeped into Ares’ ankle. Traveling into the cells of the God of War, the darkness whispered its final secret before vanishing. The limb of Ares instantly reacted with extreme hemorrhage, while the muscle and skin tissues collapsed. The war god’s leg exploded; spraying Marvelous Man with bits of celestial blood. With a sudden imbalance to Ares’ body, the God of War immediately fell.

As Ares fell backwards, Marvelous Man stood up. He looked down at his father with a cold stare, while Ares looked up with confusion. The musclebound superhero knew he should have felt bad for destroying his father, but all he felt was justified payback. He then felt his poisoned tongue move on its own again.

Marvelous Man spoke, “Before you actually became a good dad, I wished you would just die. Especially on the day you caused my leg to dislocate.”

The muscle demigod felt an electrical sting coursing through his left shoulder. Turning towards the source of the damage dealer, he spotted Apollo standing a small distance away. The God of Art was wielding his bow of light, as his trembling hands held another arrow nocked at the ready. Marvelous Man instantly put together that the God of Art jumped back and attempted to shoot another stun arrow.

“That’s no way to treat your son, dad. But I guess to you I was just another art piece just to stroke your own dick of how great you are. No different than being treated as a weapon by the cripple over there,” he commented.

Even though Marvelous Man was numbed from feeling any empathy towards his parents, he could feel a rush of euphoria flowing through himself. It felt so good to let his mouth run and tell all the hurtful secrets he had suppressed for so many years. The muscle demigod felt satisfied at knowing he could hurt his parents with more than just physical wounds.

Apollo stated, “That’s enough Justice. Stop this right now, or-”

“Or what?! You’ll kill me?! You can try! I just wonder if you’ll cry for me at my funeral. Hmph, probably not. You’ll break your face, since you can only express bitchiness,” spat Marvelous Man.

The poisonous aura fed on the remarks and expanded itself towards Apollo. As it snaked towards the art god, the grass caught in its path wilted and crumbled. Apollo’s eyes took no notice of the whispering toxin; focused only on the bitter son.

Marvelous Man continued, “You know what pisses me off the most? You two never said you’re sorry. For any of this! ‘I’m sorry, kiddo. We didn’t realize how much we were fucking you up by not letting you talk to anybody. We’re sorry that your whole life was a lie just so that we could feel relevant again. I’m sorry that we’re just selfish assholes who don’t give two shits about anybody other than the person in the mirror!’”

Within range of the art god, the darkness pounced on his feet. The whispering poison traveled up beneath the khaki cuffs of Apollo’s legs; sinking into the cellulars. The whisping, black aura scanned the legs to only find a brief medical history of battle and athletic damage done to the limbs. The toxin whispered its final secret before vanishing and activating the past wounds. Underneath the pants, Apollo’s legs blackened with bruising, while the achilles tendon muscles in his ankles snapped into pieces. The God of Art fell onto his knees; whimpering in pain.

“And just so you know, I would rather die out there than live in here for the rest of my life. If you even call it living. I’ve only realized after a couple of months how sad my life was. The highlight of my life around here is bodybuilding and assisting firefighters,” said Marvelous Man.

He paused, “I’m terrified of going back out there with all that confusion and death...but I can’t stay here. Not after finally feeling freedom and talking to people.”

Apollo held up his bow of light and immediately drew back an arrow. Knocked against the string, the arrow grew bright with the intensity of a spotlight that it looked nearly like a football made of light.

“Go ahead, dad. Do it. Put me down like some rabid dog,” hissed Marvelous Man.

The whisping aura still extended towards Apollo launched itself further up the God of Art. Traveling up Apollo’s body at swift speeds, the poison reached the art god’s face and dug into his eyes. Apollo immediately recoiled at the intrusion; dropping his bow in the process.

Marvelous Man could instantly detect the many mental traumas suppressed within his father. Some of them were recently unvalved from the hurtful things the hulking bodybuilder said. Marvelous Man knew he would usually be curious about what the traumas were, but he was more interested in breaking Apollo. He activated all of the suppressed traumas.

The darkness piercing into Apollo’s eyes looked like streams of tears to Marvelous Man. The art god’s eyes seemed be staring past the muscle demigod; his eyes clouded in black. The fear in Apollo’s face had now transformed into anguish and pity.

He admitted, “You really are a monster. I tried to set you on a path of good. Having you focus on bodybuilding for discipline. The boy scouts for instilling morals. But...I guess...you really can’t fix something that was destined to be born broken.”

“And what scares me so much is that even if you destroy the world. Destroy me. I’ll still love you, Justice. Somehow, out of all the children we’ve had, you’ve had the most profound effect on me. And it’ll never go away,” continued Apollo.

A voice shouted behind Marvelous Man, “IT’S ME YOU WANT! I AM THE REASON WHY YOU WERE STUCK HERE FOR OVER TWENTY YEARS!”

Turning around, the muscle demigod spotted his mother closer towards him. She had her hands clasped together against her chest; trembling with increased vigorousness with every step she took. Marvelous Man looked down at her, as Aphrodite was within an arm’s length of her son.

“What?” said Marvelous Man.

“Yes. I did it, sweetie,” she said, “We all were supposed to move back to the real world right after you graduated school and transport you when you fell asleep in our moving van and let you slowly discover that you’re a superhero. And then we would have had to let you go...But I was selfish. I loved you so much that I wanted you all to myself and keep playing in this illusion. Those two didn’t put up a fight when I requested it.”

The hulking bodybuilder stared in disbelief, “...That’s it? Then why the sudden change of heart?”

“You were dying, sugarplum. I could sense the love in you was withering. And my love...just wasn’t enough for you anymore. You might not have noticed, but I did. It’s why we had to let you go...Why I had to let you go,” said Aphrodite.

She gave a short laugh, “But now, I’m doing it all over again. Trying to make you into what I want. Hoping that we can go back to how everything was, cause I was so happy and couldn’t face a reality where you died...But that’s wrong. What I want and what you want are two different things. And I...we need to realize that we must be willing to let you go if we truly love you. Let you find actual happiness and fulfillment rather than forcing ours onto you.”

Marvelous Man extended his hand to place it against the side of his mother’s face. The dark aura radiating from his whole arm danced about Aphrodite’s cheeks. It almost looked as if the muscle demigod was caressing her with love, but his eyes betrayed the action from the gleam of his cold, hazel green eyes.

“You’re a terrible mom, and you’ll never escape that,” he said.

The poisonous darkness lashed out; diving into Aphrodite’s eyes. The Goddess of Love shuddered, as Marvelous Man detected his mother’s suppressed mental traumas. Activating them all, the toxin took on the similar appearance of whisping, black tears streaming from Aphrodite’s eyes.

Immediately after, the dark poison flowing from the love goddess’ eyes had faded into nothingness. Aphrodite continued staring into the bitter son with unwavering yet wounded love, but the goddess had none of the side effects Apollo was experiencing. Marvelous Man could no longer sense any of the suppressed mental trauma. He then realized it was not because there was no suppressed traumas to activate, but because his cursed assault against his mother was extinguished. Aphrodite was untouchable to his poison.

The goddess’ eyes twinkled with enlightenment.

“I understand now,” she said.

Marvelous Man shouted, “Wha-?! How?! I poisoned you! WHY AREN’T YOU BROKEN?!”

Aphrodite lightly grasped the hand Marvelous Man held against her face. Gently bringing the enormous hand down, she place it against her bosom where her heartbeat pulsed. The Goddess of Love then placed her hands over his and cradled the hand with tenderness.

“The same as how you were able to resist Gene’s influence,” she replied, “Apollo isn’t like me. He can’t resist soul poisoning.”

Lifting her wrist with slow grace, she brought her hand close to Marvelous Man’s chest. The Goddess of Love lightly prodded her index and pinky finger against the musclebound hero’s meaty pecs; aiming it where her son’s heart beats.

“But your soul has been poisoned too, sugarplum. And it’s my fault you ended up like this. I’ll fix you right up, sweetie,” stated Aphrodite.

The love goddess flexed her wrist like a martial artist’s lightning-fast jab. Her middle and ring finger curled against her palm while pressing into her son’s immense pectoral. The rest of her fingers were splayed out on top, as a ring of golden light radiated from her hand. As the ring continued its disperse, it blasted away the whisping, dark aura encompassing Marvelous Man’s body.

Marvelous Man’s massive body seized, while his head flexed upwards. The hulking bodybuilder took in a giant, desperate breath as if he were breathing for the first time. The numbness within his heart subsided; gone was the sadist need to inflict any sort of pain on his family. He could feel warmth flooding into his soul, and a lingering sense of pain that was beginning to grow. Looking down, the muscle demigod spotted his mother with a hopeful look in her eyes.

“M-mom?” he said.

She smiled, “Yes, sugarplum.”

“Did I just…?” said Marvelous Man.

Slowly turning around, he spotted the result of his poisonous power. The memories of his handiwork done only seconds ago bubbled up into his head. Marvelous Man wanted to stop it, but it became clear in his mind. It felt so distant, because the Marvelous Man he himself knows should not be capable of such terrible actions. Ares was sitting up and staring at Marvelous Man. The war god had only one leg; courtesy of the muscle demigod lashing out to hurt Papa. Apollo still knelt with the poison streaming from the eyes and coursing into the art god’s mind. He remembered that it felt so good to break them; especially with Apollo’s mental trauma.

Marvelous Man gasped with his hands over his mouth, “Oh my gosh! I...did this…”

“Yes, but don’t worry. I’ll take care of Apollo,” said Aphrodite, “And Ares will eventually grow his leg back. It’ll be alrigh-.”

He teared up, “It’s not alright! Dad was right...I am a monster…”

Aphrodite immediately grabbed her son’s thick wrist and pulled it back to her. Marvelous Man was unable to resist her sudden boundless strength and was caught in a bending position where the mother’s eyes were gazing into his.

She spoke sternly, “Listen to me! You are not a monster. We were the ones who pushed you into acting like this. You did what you had to, because you just wanted to live your life. And it made you as detached as we once were to the preciousness of a mortal’s life.”

Marvelous Man was unable to process what his mother was saying. He hurt his own family. The ones he loved. He began trying to look back at his fathers.

“I-I-I gotta go and help them. I can heal them,” he said.

Aphrodite replied, “No. Go. Leave this place. I’ll help them. Those people and your friends need you more.”

“Bu-But...I don’t think I can anymore. I couldn’t even beat my dads without having to use that dark power of mine. And you saw what it does to me...And, and you’re not going to be around the next time I get out of control with it. I can’t touch it ever again...not even for the Skeleton Lord,” hesitated Marvelous Man.

Aphrodite spoke, “Sweetie, there’s no one more afraid of you losing than me. But I know that deep down, you will beat the Skeleton Lord. And the answer finally came to me as to why. You need to understand your own self-worth and love it. Love being you. Not just Marvelous Man, but also as Justice. Both have equal value for existing.”

Marvelous Man’s brow furrowed in confusion.

“I...I don’t get it. Is that supposed to be a hint or something? For my divine element?” he questioned.

She nodded, “Yes. I don’t know what it is, but it is something marvelous, sugarplum. I know that it is a seed. One that is overlooked but important and is connected to your fathers and I.”

Tears formed in her eyes, as the Goddess of Love kissed her child’s forehead.

“But just know that even after all this, we all still love you. Now go. I love you so much, sweetie...be careful,” she sobbed.

Marvelous Man wept, “I love you too, mom.”

Jumping up into the air, the musclebound superhero activated his flight power. He took off towards the loan office.

Next Chapter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, this was one intense chapter. 80

I am both surprised and happy to see that you added the overprotectiveness out of love angle to his parents. 8D And I am also happy that Apolo and Ares still did not remove the kiddy-gloves even when MM used the dark side of his power. They just couldn't bare to cause serious physical harm upkn him. And I am so happy that MM's issues about Sunnysville, about why he was forced to stay there and all were adressed.

Also: is it just me or is it a little funny that the personification of war, loves something other than war? >;P lol

Though knowing MM, he will always keep this in his mind. He will always feel guilty for harming his fathers and trying to harm his mother. Even though they forgave him for it, and took the blame upon his actions on their own shoulders. Knowing Justice, he won't be able to forgive himself for it. He will and has never accepted that dark side of himself. and in not accepting it and being a divine being (you keep saying demigod, but he IS still a full god. Unless during his creation they also added some human DNA. xP ) could be disastrous. Because it could go Persona 4 and make his dark self become physical and wreak havoc upon the city (maybe not join the skeleton lord, for some reason I feel like that dark side would also hate the skeleton lord) and especially his friends and the 2 people he loves the most.

I do wonder which of the 2 will be the best in comforting Justice about what happened in Sunnysville though. =3 Gemini would be great at comforting now that he has been slapped awake and probably returned to his previous self. Though when Justice disappeared he felt closest to Gene who is slowly starting to truly open up to actual normal feelings and is learning how and when to stop repressing his own feelings (if I remember correctly).

And gosh darn it!! You dropped a big hint to Justice's divine spark. But I still can't trully figure it out. ;n; (Soul venom, so it seems that his powers have a connection to the soul. Hmmm, i dun think that I mentioned the soul in my previous guesses to Justice's divine element, or have I? ^^; )

Gosh dang, i love this story. 83 <3 <3 *hugs* Thanks for writing it buddy, i love stories like these where I can try to guess where things are going and what's gonna happen next and all. 83 <3 <3

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hanugumo said:

Wow, this was one intense chapter. 80

I am both surprised and happy to see that you added the overprotectiveness out of love angle to his parents. 8D And I am also happy that Apolo and Ares still did not remove the kiddy-gloves even when MM used the dark side of his power. They just couldn't bare to cause serious physical harm upkn him. And I am so happy that MM's issues about Sunnysville, about why he was forced to stay there and all were adressed.

Also: is it just me or is it a little funny that the personification of war, loves something other than war? >;P lol

Though knowing MM, he will always keep this in his mind. He will always feel guilty for harming his fathers and trying to harm his mother. Even though they forgave him for it, and took the blame upon his actions on their own shoulders. Knowing Justice, he won't be able to forgive himself for it. He will and has never accepted that dark side of himself. and in not accepting it and being a divine being (you keep saying demigod, but he IS still a full god. Unless during his creation they also added some human DNA. xP ) could be disastrous. Because it could go Persona 4 and make his dark self become physical and wreak havoc upon the city (maybe not join the skeleton lord, for some reason I feel like that dark side would also hate the skeleton lord) and especially his friends and the 2 people he loves the most.

I do wonder which of the 2 will be the best in comforting Justice about what happened in Sunnysville though. =3 Gemini would be great at comforting now that he has been slapped awake and probably returned to his previous self. Though when Justice disappeared he felt closest to Gene who is slowly starting to truly open up to actual normal feelings and is learning how and when to stop repressing his own feelings (if I remember correctly).

And gosh darn it!! You dropped a big hint to Justice's divine spark. But I still can't trully figure it out. ;n; (Soul venom, so it seems that his powers have a connection to the soul. Hmmm, i dun think that I mentioned the soul in my previous guesses to Justice's divine element, or have I? ^^; )

Gosh dang, i love this story. 83 <3 <3 *hugs* Thanks for writing it buddy, i love stories like these where I can try to guess where things are going and what's gonna happen next and all. 83 <3 <3

Yeah, I was always gonna address this, but you helped me zero in on what was most important to bring up. Yeah, turns out it was all Aphrodite's fault. Ya think it would've been Ares lol Greek gods are always selfish pricks, haha

Well, in mythos, Ares was in love with Aphrodite(who was married to Hephaestus). I think it was a sort of symbolism that love and violence go hand in hand. But if I could spin war into a positive, we could see Ares as a god of passion lol(though that can really be stretching it)

Oh, definitely. This is gonna eat at him. But it helps show how dangerous his poison is. Well, we're nearing close to the end of Book 1, so he's gonna be a bit rushed in getting over it lol. He wouldn't join the Skeleton Lord, cause he still sees him as an enemy. But MM would just go on a rampage and just destroy everything. And the only reason why I say demigod is cause he can still die(at least that's how it seems), so I'd rather go with that cause it sounds more vulnerable than full-fledged god. But we'll see in the future.

Yeah, we'll see who can help comfort him and maybe grow into accepting his dark power(poison). Gene never had repressed feelings, but it always seemed like that since he was so calm. It was more like he never got too much in depth with his own cause he was always sensing everybody else's and just rode with it or tried to stay calm against it. But with MM appearing, he has unknowingly been challenging himself to feel for more than just euphoria or happiness or pockets of loneliness or simple anger. MM has been one of the few that sees him as a person and a target of romance rather than a cum dumpster lol And we'll see with Gemini. As of right now, I'm running a vote to see what action MM should take in chapter 21, since I'm torn: Talk with Puzzles about familiars/imps and if the Skeleton Lord possibly has one, Resolve love with Gene and see if they can become a couple, or Resolve relationship issue with Gemini and see if they can become a couple.

I mean, I guess so. It is something one does feel. Also, Soul Venom just sounded cooler as a chapter name than "The True Inception". It was cause when I explained MM's dark powers to a friend, he asked me if I knew the difference between poison and venom lol. So while it the dark power is and can be called "Soul Venom" or just "Venom", I still refer to it as a poison cause it taints MM's mind/soul. But Soul Venom does sound cooler lol Since the poison can not only reactivate physical trauma, it can also cause a person to remember thoughts or memories they tried to repress. Hence, Apollo telling the thoughts he tried to suppress about Justice. You never directly said it was the soul that was the divine element, but virtued aspects of it: Compassion, Hope, and Trust.

You're most welcome! Your input, questions, and just reading it keeps "motivating" me to keep on writing! X3 <3 <3 *hugs tightly*

• Thanks 1

True, true. And glad i can be of assistance. ;3 <3

Though tbh, not off of the Greek Gods were selfish pricks. =3 Though almost a lf them were. x3 I am glad that in this story they are selfish, but for a noble cause. Because they can not bare to see their loved one be taken away from them. They love him so much, and because this is basically the first time they actually feel like actual parents, they did not understand that there comes a time where they have to let go off their loved one. And that THAT act does not mean that they love him any less, even if it can mean doom for the life of their loved one. ^^ This is the first time they feel that fear of losing a loved one and they were scared out of their minds. Justice kinda is in the same boat right now. Seeing how if his mother did not snap him out of his darkness, he could have easily lost the people he loved the most. =3 So basically they are kind off in the same boat right now dun you think? I am sure that part of him wishes he could still be there at their side right now and apologise  (dun you think it's funny how the word apologise has the name Apolo in it. =/ I wonder why that is. =/ ) to his parents for what he did and maybe even stay there so it would never happen again. But yeah, unfortunately that would only make both parties suffer. ^^;

And I do believe you are right about the symbolism. But idk, i mean: Did he truly love her? Or was she more likena trophy to him? =/ Idk, but it was said that Aphrodite  was the most beautiful goddess in the Greek pantheon right? =0 What better trophy than waging a war over her and taking her away from all others and taking her as his wife? =/

And yeah, though it depends. Maybe add 1 more chapter to book 1 and have his healing be a little more drawn out? Heck maybe even have him have an inner battle with his darker side, and after talking and maybe even an actual fight both sides face each other understanding each other and MM's soul would heal and both sides merge into 1. 1 who not only takes care of everyone he loves and cares about. But also one that takes care of himself and his own well being. I mean: as you know, MM is kind off a push over and does not quite stand up for himself. Well, unless his darker side surfaces (and than all the bad thoughts and feelings come outthat he kelt bottled up). If the merged persona can express those feelings in a less harmful way, than he would not have such deep seated feelings and all that can fuel the venom. Andmaybe even minimize the effect of it's use. ^^ Just thinking out loud here. No idea if I am making sense. x3;

And you know? Hou could just call him a demigod because of what I said in an earlier chapter: "He hasn't awakened yet". He does not understand his divine element yet and does not accept himself as a whole, and he has yet to tap into his full potential. Being the god of souls is extremely powerful, much more so than his current hero rank would say about him. Maybe at the end of the final book he would reach his full potential, understand what makes someone a true hero god and would become a full fledge god, and yet decides to live out his immortal days with the love of his life (whoever he will choose, and maybe make immortal as well) on Earth as a living god and all? ^^

And yeah, evil MM would not join The Skeleton Lord. But I wonder: what would the Skeleton Lord do, if faced with an evil MM that is more powerful and dangerous than the normal MM and who would destroy everything even him. How would the Skeleton react to seeing everything he worked so hard to achieve be destroyed by an evil version of his current "nemesis? ;3 I kinda like the idea, not to mention that it would be a true test of not just his character but MM's too. I mean: Would Justice be able to break free of his darker side and regain himself? And how would his soul be healed? And would the Skeleton Lord feel true far facing off against such a foe? Especially seeing as MM would be able to make really bad memories come back and haunt him even more. Would the Skeleton Lord be broken and lie upon the ground wounded and crying like a child. And what would he be like if MM's friends would save him after learning the truth of what was done to him that made him into what he has become, etc? ^^ <3

And Idk. I kinda want to see if feelinhs would light up again between Gemini and Justice. But I kinda feel that, that ship has sailed. But it would be great to at least see them become best friends again at the very least. =3 Their friendship needs healing and maybe Gemini will accept Gene as a good friend and would accept the relatio ship between Gemini & Justice together. =3 Gemini could be Justice's most trusted confidant, telling him things that he wouod not tell others, IF Gemini is back to normal of course. =3

And to be honest: If Justice will permanently be with Gene, I think you might be able too have both relationship strengthing with Gene (doesn't reallh take much seeing the chapters lately seeing as since Gemini's chance, Justice has gravitated to Gene so much) & also the talking to Puzzles part. =3 <3

If you think about it: Love; compassion; trust; courage; hope; etc. All those things are often connected to someone having a pure, or good soul.And the opposite emotions and feelings, are connected with an impure, evil soul. And  they do ay that without a soul, people would be emotionless puppets that would do anything someone orders them too without feeling any kind of emotion, right? =3 So that is why he should be having the divine element of souls seeing as the soul is the birthplace of every emotion and all the passions and everything. ^^ (*doesn't make much sense, but hope that you understand what I mean anyway*)

I am so happy to hear that even just me reading it gives you motivation to keel writing and that my questions and all helps you with the writing. ;w; I am so honoured that I can help. ;w;

On 7/30/2017 at 5:09 PM, Hanugumo said:

True, true. And glad i can be of assistance. ;3 <3

Though tbh, not off of the Greek Gods were selfish pricks. =3 Though almost a lf them were. x3 I am glad that in this story they are selfish, but for a noble cause. Because they can not bare to see their loved one be taken away from them. They love him so much, and because this is basically the first time they actually feel like actual parents, they did not understand that there comes a time where they have to let go off their loved one. And that THAT act does not mean that they love him any less, even if it can mean doom for the life of their loved one. ^^ This is the first time they feel that fear of losing a loved one and they were scared out of their minds. Justice kinda is in the same boat right now. Seeing how if his mother did not snap him out of his darkness, he could have easily lost the people he loved the most. =3 So basically they are kind off in the same boat right now dun you think? I am sure that part of him wishes he could still be there at their side right now and apologise  (dun you think it's funny how the word apologise has the name Apolo in it. =/ I wonder why that is. =/ ) to his parents for what he did and maybe even stay there so it would never happen again. But yeah, unfortunately that would only make both parties suffer. ^^;

And I do believe you are right about the symbolism. But idk, i mean: Did he truly love her? Or was she more likena trophy to him? =/ Idk, but it was said that Aphrodite  was the most beautiful goddess in the Greek pantheon right? =0 What better trophy than waging a war over her and taking her away from all others and taking her as his wife? =/

And yeah, though it depends. Maybe add 1 more chapter to book 1 and have his healing be a little more drawn out? Heck maybe even have him have an inner battle with his darker side, and after talking and maybe even an actual fight both sides face each other understanding each other and MM's soul would heal and both sides merge into 1. 1 who not only takes care of everyone he loves and cares about. But also one that takes care of himself and his own well being. I mean: as you know, MM is kind off a push over and does not quite stand up for himself. Well, unless his darker side surfaces (and than all the bad thoughts and feelings come outthat he kelt bottled up). If the merged persona can express those feelings in a less harmful way, than he would not have such deep seated feelings and all that can fuel the venom. Andmaybe even minimize the effect of it's use. ^^ Just thinking out loud here. No idea if I am making sense. x3;

And you know? Hou could just call him a demigod because of what I said in an earlier chapter: "He hasn't awakened yet". He does not understand his divine element yet and does not accept himself as a whole, and he has yet to tap into his full potential. Being the god of souls is extremely powerful, much more so than his current hero rank would say about him. Maybe at the end of the final book he would reach his full potential, understand what makes someone a true hero god and would become a full fledge god, and yet decides to live out his immortal days with the love of his life (whoever he will choose, and maybe make immortal as well) on Earth as a living god and all? ^^

And yeah, evil MM would not join The Skeleton Lord. But I wonder: what would the Skeleton Lord do, if faced with an evil MM that is more powerful and dangerous than the normal MM and who would destroy everything even him. How would the Skeleton react to seeing everything he worked so hard to achieve be destroyed by an evil version of his current "nemesis? ;3 I kinda like the idea, not to mention that it would be a true test of not just his character but MM's too. I mean: Would Justice be able to break free of his darker side and regain himself? And how would his soul be healed? And would the Skeleton Lord feel true far facing off against such a foe? Especially seeing as MM would be able to make really bad memories come back and haunt him even more. Would the Skeleton Lord be broken and lie upon the ground wounded and crying like a child. And what would he be like if MM's friends would save him after learning the truth of what was done to him that made him into what he has become, etc? ^^ <3

And Idk. I kinda want to see if feelinhs would light up again between Gemini and Justice. But I kinda feel that, that ship has sailed. But it would be great to at least see them become best friends again at the very least. =3 Their friendship needs healing and maybe Gemini will accept Gene as a good friend and would accept the relatio ship between Gemini & Justice together. =3 Gemini could be Justice's most trusted confidant, telling him things that he wouod not tell others, IF Gemini is back to normal of course. =3

And to be honest: If Justice will permanently be with Gene, I think you might be able too have both relationship strengthing with Gene (doesn't reallh take much seeing the chapters lately seeing as since Gemini's chance, Justice has gravitated to Gene so much) & also the talking to Puzzles part. =3 <3

If you think about it: Love; compassion; trust; courage; hope; etc. All those things are often connected to someone having a pure, or good soul.And the opposite emotions and feelings, are connected with an impure, evil soul. And  they do ay that without a soul, people would be emotionless puppets that would do anything someone orders them too without feeling any kind of emotion, right? =3 So that is why he should be having the divine element of souls seeing as the soul is the birthplace of every emotion and all the passions and everything. ^^ (*doesn't make much sense, but hope that you understand what I mean anyway*)

I am so happy to hear that even just me reading it gives you motivation to keel writing and that my questions and all helps you with the writing. ;w; I am so honoured that I can help. ;w;

Pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one lol But it's a coincidence that Apollo rhymes with apologize X3 Yeah, being an actual parent changed them, and they reacted in the wrong way. If you love someone, you have to able to let them go and trust that you taught them enough to survive.

Probably a mix of both. Love being the reward/trophy is one of the oldest tropes in a story about heroes.

Unfortunately, I'm not gonna get that level of anime in this book lol MM is a pushover cause he wants to get along with everybody, but he does have a breaking limit. I don't think I could draw out any more info about his healing ability. I mean, the only other thing is to give it a name lol I'm also not really sure if he'll become a true god at the end of the series, but only time will tell ;3

That's a pretty terrifying battle to think of. But since MM is more durable, he'd win. But now that MM has realized how terrible his power can be if he lost control, I'm pretty sure the memories will snap him out of it. Either that or...I dunno, carry around a Rose Quartz? lol

So which one would you vote for?

...kinda? You're really gonna hate me once I reveal it, haha. God of Souls does sound cool, but it feels a bit too OP and edgelord XD It makes sense what you say, btw. Still, it fills me with...a certain feeling that you keep trying. I'll do my best to keep dropping hints.