• Announcements

• CMiller

Help contribute, donate via PayPal or join with a monthly Patreon contribution.   01/01/17

To help raise funds I've introduced a monthly contribution option called Pateron. This service allows you to pledge a monthly contribution plus allows me to offer you some rewards for your contribution. If you have any questions you may PM me. If you'd like to make that contribution please click on the image below:      
    • CMiller

NEWS: Discord Server & Clubs (aka Groups) are back!   08/19/17

Hello everyone I'm back with a couple big updates! Firstly we now have a Discord server, this is a real-time chat messaging client you can run on your phone, desktop, or anywhere. It's a pretty powerful desktop application that enables people to chat together, and with multiple channels you can find people interested in what you're interested in. If you don't already have a Discord account it's pretty easy to get one, just click the following invite link to get started: https://discord.gg/U93PYnB Secondly I'm proud to announce the return of Groups, it's been renamed to Clubs and is now available here: https://muscle-growth.org/clubs/. This system is entirely user generated and allows users to create groups of their own based on any subject they want. Go ahead and try it now, visit the link above to get started if you want to create or join a group!   As always thank you to all of our donators and Patreon contributors who keep the forums going! 
arpeejay

Today's Gripe: Gym Etiquette

I reserve the right to quickly, unobtrusively use my phone to take a work out pic (while keeping an eye out for others who might be waiting...)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, arpeejay said:

I reserve the right to quickly, unobtrusively use my phone to take a work out pic (while keeping an eye out for others who might be waiting...)

And we appreciate it.  You are a handsome growing muscle man.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, arpeejay said:

Other than that, I agree with ExpandingMuscle 100%!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, arpeejay said:

I don't think anyone is going to fault you for that! Especially if it only takes a few seconds. But, if you have a camera crew setting up right in the middle of the cable crossover, . . .:lol:

• Upvote 1

Our gym has a basket at the front desk where you deposit your phone.  The basic policy is put your weights away, clean up your sweat, help others who need it, don't bogart the equipment, and you are here to train not answer phone calls or taking photos.  Those in violation of any of the basic policies will be kicked out of the gym, we don't need you here.   

• Upvote 2

I use my phone to log and listen to music and take the rare flex pic as i find it motivates  me, however i do find it annoying when the cross fitters and aesthetics boys (or as i like to call them boyband pretend nattys) are taking a million pics as they seem to be the ones who take over half the gym.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 6:24 PM, Flmuscle said:

After hearing that, I'm happier than ever to belong to a local warehouse gym. Blaring rock music and we can go shirtless, use chalk, drop weights, swear and grunt. And sweat prodigiously as we have no AC. 

Man, I wish I had a gym like that near me I'd join in a heartbeat. I get so tired of all that's been talked about here particularly the blaring TV's people (mostly women) yakking away while on adjacent treadmills (and not getting much of a workout), etc. The guy who runs our gym is cool but totally anal about shirts. I was going to buy one of the gym's shirts but wasn't sure of size and wanted to try on one. He was good with that, but when i started to pull off my shirt right there on the gym floor (why not) he stopped me & asked me to go the locker room. It's a gym!!!