Marvelous Man - Chapter 19

EcchiMultiverse

All comments and critiques are welcomed here and on my Google Docs(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FT9X9Wx4bW29svnPKChd_XCwbpN8dSgMDeSzhPd-KHw)

For other chapters, I will post them on here later. But you can find the archives on my FA and Tumblr with pics included.

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ecchimultiverse/

Tumblr: http://ecchimultiverse.tumblr.com/

For first looks and more illustrations, check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ecchimultiverse

First Chapter | Previous Chapter |  Next Chapter

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY PATRONS:
CHRISTOPHER FLOYD, DONALD MORGAN, ANDREW L, & JOHN LARSON

All comments and critiques are welcomed here and on my Google Docs(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FT9X9Wx4bW29svnPKChd_XCwbpN8dSgMDeSzhPd-KHw)

For other chapters, I will post them on here later. But you can find the archives on my FA and Tumblr with pics included.

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ecchimultiverse/

Tumblr: http://ecchimultiverse.tumblr.com/

For first looks and more illustrations, check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ecchimultiverse

First Chapter | Previous Chapter |  Next Chapter

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY PATRONS:
CHRISTOPHER FLOYD, DONALD MORGAN, ANDREW L, & JOHN LARSON

Chapter 19: Orpheus

Time had become irrelevant. The moment Marvelous Man’s eyes creaked open, he could feel his giant body encased in the sensation of pins and needles. He would then black out seconds later. The musclebound superhero had no idea how long he would remain unconscious and lost count of how many times he drifted back into the black slumber.

In his current drifting back to consciousness but eyes still sealed shut, Marvelous Man could hear a door creaking open. Panicked steps then followed after the opening; stamping its way closer to Marvelous Man. The stepping noise stopped upon arriving next to the muscle demigod’s head. Marvelous Man heard a fumble of cloth before the sound of a camera shutter going off.

“What the hell did he do to you, Justice?” said a smooth, Latino voice.

Marvelous Man felt a warm hand lightly jostling his bulky shoulders.

The man whispered, “Marvelous Man! You’ve got to wake up! I’m here to get you out of here!”

The musclebound superhero recognized the Hispanic voice and felt a small surge of energy; a spark of hope. Marvelous Man concentrated to force his eyes open with all his might. The eyelids slowly creaked open, as it quickly adjusted to the residual candle light in the black room.

Staring up at the speaker, it was someone Marvelous Man did not expect but felt renewed invigoration of joy. It was a ghoul dressed in a purple suit with giant flower petals formed along the suit’s neckline. The Hispanic ghoul had a skull for a face with decorations painted all over the bone surface. Adorned in front of his spinning, yellow flower eyes was a pair of childish 3D glasses; a thin cardboard frame with plastic sheet-like lenses separately colored red and blue.

“Sugar...Skull?” croaked Marvelous Man.

The ghoul nodded, “That’s right. I’ll free you in a second. I just have to hope these bones are alive.”

Sugar Skull reached a hand into his other sleeve for a brief moment before pulling it back out. In the ghoul’s grasp was revealed to be his butterfly knife. Flicking it open, the unsheathed silver blade glimmered in the dim candlelight. The Limbo being immediately stabbed his side without breaking eye contact.

“I bet you’re wondering how-NGH, I got here. I’ve been, uh, staking out this place for a while. That’s the word for when you’re professionally stalking somebody, right? It’s stake but not the cow kind,” he rambled.

Sugar Skull withdrew his knife; the blade now coated and dripping in his poisonous ghoul blood. Turning to the bone bounded to Marvelous Man’s left wrist, the purple ghoul slashed at the middle section of the wall-mounted bone. It was a swift strike that left only a small nick on the bone with a droplet of blood on the slice.

He continued, “So I figured that Skeleton Lord bastard would come back to this part of town. It’s been searched through by the cops, and I don’t think they’ll come check again. Turns out, I was right. I spotted the PB&J Gang bring the Skeleton Lord here. Had to use an insect drone to spy on him, since he’s invisible to any magical sight.”

The binding slightly vibrated, while the dark blood began to seep into the cut. Starting at the incision, the bone immediately disintegrated into dust. Marvelous Man’s left arm flopped onto the ground with a soft thud upon release and causing his head to lean towards the left. A smoky darkness rose from the pile and stirred about it; as if it were trying to reassemble the bone dust.

“And when I saw you being dragged in here, I wanted to save you. I really did. But I couldn’t stop the PB&J Gang without causing a, uh...ruckus. It would not be good if the Skeleton Lord caught me too,” sighed Sugar Skull, “Plus, the Skeleton Lord has an invisible scout keeping an eye out, and both of them didn’t leave this room for two whole days. ”

The ghoul proceeded to the bone bounded to Marvelous Man’s left ankle and slashed it. Immediately after the blood from the butterfly knife soaked itself inside the marrow, the binding decayed into dust. The hulking bodybuilder’s left side fell onto the ground with a loud thud, as there was nothing else to keep that side propped up. As Sugar Skull looked back at Marvelous Man’s glazed eyes, he pointed at his flimsy 3D glasses.

“Oh, yeah. That’s why I’m wearing these. They’re the Bruja’s X-Ray glasses. Not going to let the invisible fucker get the drop on me. Well...that and the fog,” he said.

Sugar Skull rushed to the Marvelous Man’s bone-secured right ankle and sliced at it without looking. The bone reacted in the same way and crumbled into tiny debris. With only one binding left on the muscle demigod’s right arm, his naked, meaty buttocks was now completely touching the floor.

Marvelous Man hoarsely spoke, “...Where are they?”

“Skeleton Lord’s phone died. So they left to get it recharged. Hold on. Almost forgot,” replied Sugar Skull.

Reaching his unarmed hand into his other sleeve, Sugar Skull pulled out his smartphone. Seconds passed, as his thumb flicked about the phone’s screen. The small sound of an insect’s buzz emanated from underneath the hulking bodybuilder. A large horsefly appeared from behind the lifted part of Marvelous Man’s heavy torso; buzzing around the musclebound superhero’s head in an annoying fashion. After a few more laps around the cranium, the fly flew over to Sugar Skull’s phone-holding hand and landed on top. It crawled its way into the flower petal-shaped sleeve’s opening, as its wings slightly fluttered and hummed. The ghoul then placed his phone back into his magical sleeve.

He stated, “Just to be clear, I do not use my fly drone to spy on people in the bathroom, okay? I am a gentleman, and I will respect a person’s privacy. But outside of that...it’s free game, ahahaha!”

Marvelous Man wished he had the energy to roll his eyes. But he was still thankful that Sugar Skull showed up and was still rambling and cracking perverted jokes as usual. The muscle demigod would have been more afraid if the ghoul was not being humorous at all.

As Sugar Skull walked towards the final bondage on Marvelous Man’s right wrist, the ghoul paused. The musclebound superhero felt his heart skip a beat. He was not sure how, but he knew his purple-suited friend was frowning. Despite the ghoul not having any facial muscles or skin on the skull head.

“Fatherfuck!” hissed Sugar Skull.

Rushing towards the last bone binding, he slashed with an uppercut stroke. The bone dissipated into dust, as the rest of Marvelous Man’s naked torso landed on the floor with a quick thud. Sugar Skull flicked his butterfly knife; sheathing the blade. Placing the weapon back inside his sleeve, he immediately pulled his hand out with a new item in his grasp. A box of band aids.

The ghoul stated, “I can’t carry you, Marvelous Man. But this should give you the boost! Magical adrenaline shots.”

Sugar Skull ripped open the box and pulled out a pair of pink, heart-shaped band aids. Pulling the paper tabs off the bandages’ adhesives, the ghoul slapped the big band aid hearts over Marvelous Man’s large nipples. The band aids covered the wide areolas; making it seem like the bodybuilder’s soft, brown nipples were replaced with pink hearts.

Marvelous Man’s eyes shot wide open, while his heart rate spiked into rapid rhythms. The muscle demigod felt like he could do backflips for miles. He immediately sat straight up.

“Ohmygosh! Thankyousomuchforsavingme,SugarSkull!” he yammered.

Rolling backward for momentum with his legs tucked in, the hulking bodybuilder then thrusted his legs up into the air. Marvelous Man used the sudden force to lift his heavy body into the air while using his hands to push off the floor. He leapt into the air, as his feet slammed back onto the ground. He executed the kick up perfectly and landed standing straight up.

The muscle demigod lunged at his rescuer with a bear hug. Sugar Skull could only grunt, as the air was squeezed out of him. Marvelous Man leaned down and planted a wet smooch on the ghoul’s purple teeth. Upon kissing, the musclebound superhero could feel his lips touching up against...lips that were not visible to the naked eye. It was not something Marvelous Man felt questioning, because he felt like an invincible god at the moment. The hulking bodybuilder’s sexual muscle strained with renewed vigor; nestled between Sugar Skull’s thighs and nearly lifting the ghoul.

Sugar Skull gasped, “While I am extremely turned on by this...we don’t have time for sex. We need to go...now.”

Marvelous Man immediately released his half-alive friend from the crushing hug. He tried to think, but it felt like the thoughts were moving at light speed. His mouth could barely process the words he wanted to say.

“Right. Rightrightrightright. Rrrrrright!...What’s happening?” he said.

Sugar Skull coughed, “I spotted the invisible scout! The Skeleton Lord is coming back!”

“Shit fatherfucker! We gotta get outta here!” Marvelous Man shouted, “I know! I’ll punch the wall and fly us out!”

The ghoul picked up the box of band aids and placed it back into his magical sleeve. Pulling his hand out, he had another item in his grip. A small, silver handgun with tiny, silver lyre harp decorations soldered onto the sides shimmered in the candle’s light. Sugar Skull aimed the gun against the side of his head.

“We can’t. It’s a death sentence for you, if we try to escape that way,” he replied.

Pulling the trigger, the gun went off with a loud bang. Sugar Skull’s head jerked away from the gun in reaction to the shot. On the other side of the skeletal temple where the supposed bullet was supposed to exit, a flurry of shiny butterflies erupted from the ghoul’s skull. The rims of their wings were outlined with a dark color, but their wings were completely transparent.

The cloud of butterflies flew around Sugar Skull for a moment before fluttering towards the wall behind the ghoul. Landing on top of the whisping dark wall, they created a thick layer that almost seemed to smother the darkness they were standing on. They all continued wiggling about the wall until they were on top of one another to form the shape of a doorway. Once completed, they appeared to look like a door-sized glass window filled with countless hairline fractures. Their transparent wings no longer showed the darkness they were settled on top of, but it instead shared the image of another world filled with grey.

Sugar Skull waved, “Follow me! It won’t be open for long!”

The ghoul ran into the portal made of butterflies. Upon contact with the insects, his body phased through the butterfly gathering. The insects made no motion to move out of Sugar Skull’s path; only giving their wings a slight flutter at the ghoul’s touching proximity. The Limbo being appeared on the other side of the portal wings without any signs of alteration on his body. Turning around, Sugar Skull motioned his friend to follow.

Marvelous Man charged without hesitation and leapt at the butterfly portal. He braced himself for any resistance but met none upon impact. It felt more like he walked from a musty room into a world that seemed to have combined that room’s scent with the smell of bleach. The muscle demigod gave the gray world a quick scan, as Sugar Skull ran off.

It looked no different than the ghetto Marvelous Man had repeatedly visited. Abandoned, rotting architecture with cracked, black road pavement filled with potholes; unlike the ghetto’s aesthetic of being forgotten, this world carried a sense of hopelessness and despair. Vehicles had occupied parts of the road, but they had rusted over and fallen apart. The sky had been blanketed in dark, grey clouds, and specs of dust and ash danced forever in the air. With nothing alive in the vicinity to provide noise, Marvelous Man could only hear the piercing noise of absolute silence or one afflicted with tinnitus.

“Come on!” shouted Sugar Skull.

The musclebound superhero complied and followed after his friend. The two ran; turning onto roads and into alleys. Sugar Skull slowed down only for a moment to place his silver dimension portal gun and his X-Ray 3D glasses back into the magical space of the ghoul’s flower-shaped sleeves. Every so often, Marvelous Man would catch glimpses of other resident beings they sprinted past.

The inhabitants of this world had human-like qualities, but they still appeared off-colored...like a dead person. Only the fully clothed ones were meandering about with firearms and close-combat weaponry strapped to them. Whereas the naked beings were lying around and refused to look up at Marvelous Man and his ghoulish friend.

Marvelous Man could hear a horse’s high-pitched whinny echoing from behind him. As a cold shiver ran down his bulky back, the thundering sound of an equine’s gallop began to draw closer to the hulking bodybuilder. The surge of fear coursed through him; energizing himself to run faster.

He called out, “Sugar Skull!”

“It’s not too far! Almost there!” encouraged the ghoul.

Even with all the distance the two had managed to cross, it felt as if Marvelous Man was barely moving. He could hear the horse’s gallop closing in. It felt as if the unseen animal was only a block away from them. Marvelous Man then heard a raspy voice from behind him; projecting with loud authority.

“Abandon this idle flight, Marvelous Man,” said the man, “You do not have the strength to flee from me!”

Marvelous Man dared to glance behind himself. Galloping around a building corner, the Skeleton Lord rode upon a fully-fleshed horse. The steed was black and carried a heavy, round muscular physique to inspire an intimidating and regal aura of its rider. The red cloak billowed in the wind, while the distance between the musclebound superhero and the Skeleton Lord came to a close.

Activating his flight powers, Marvelous Man vaulted himself towards Sugar Skull. He reached out with his bulging arms and swept the ghoul off the ground. Cradling his friend in his strapping arms, the muscle demigod took flight into the cloudy sky.

As the musclebound superhero gained the altitude to surpass the buildings’ heights, he felt something tug around his ankle. Unseen to Marvelous Man, a chain made of interlocking bones had constricted about his meaty leg. The bone chain yanked; abruptly pulling down the muscle demigod with a force greater than his levitation ability could resist. The buildings seemed to grow from his perspective, while he fell. Sugar Skull slipped from Marvelous Man’s grasp during the capture; the ghoul seemed to be almost floating in the air.

The hulking bodybuilder crashed into the cement with a large smash. Air was pressed out of his lungs, while his mind felt like it was bouncing around like a pinball. Marvelous Man was too dizzy to move, and he could feel the adrenaline rush from the heart-shaped band aids on his nipples beginning to fade. Seconds after, he could hear his skull-faced friend landing on the ground with the mix of a wet splat and a bone-breaking crunch.

The Skeleton Lord slowly trotted on his horse, “You see? A fruitless endeavor.”

Marvelous Man could hear the horse’s clops coming closer to him. The brain ricocheting around in his head came to a slow, as he realized his recapture was nearly imminent. Taking a deep breath to gather his strength, he slowly sat up. The musclebound superhero looked at his leg to see a chain created by bones wrapped around his ankle. His eyes trailed the lengthy whip back to a bone club; clutched in the skinny fingers of the Skeleton Lord.

“Now come. I have further use for you as my battery,” spoke the Skeleton Lord.

He gazed at the grey world about him, “Let us leave...whatever this place is.”

“It’s...Limbo. But you’d know it as Purgatory,” said Sugar Skull.

Marvelous Man looked behind and saw Sugar Skull slowly standing up. His body appeared jagged; joints and bones broken multiple areas. Small snapping noises emanated from his mangled frame, as the broken and disjointed parts of himself slowly pieced itself back together. The ghoul flexed his jaw in multiple directions; eliciting small popping sounds.

The Skeleton Lord replied, “Ah, I was wondering who the snake in my garden was. The peculiar ghoul named Deathshade. Trying to relieve me of my prize, hm?”

The spinning, yellow flower eyes in Sugar Skull’s sockets wilted into nothingness; blackness resumed full custody of the ghoul’s eye holes. He stood up straight, while the last of his broken body parts had finally mended. The ghoul shrugged.

“Actually, I was trying to kill you. But I guess in the end, yeah, I wanted to take back my friend. So I’m guessing you leaving the house was just a trap,” said Deathshade.

Marvelous Man felt terrified and confused. Was that the name his half-alive friend refused to disclose him?

“It was...of sorts,” answered the Skeleton Lord, “You shrouded yourself well from my sight, that I could not see who was trespassing on my grounds. But I noticed a pocket of empty space when I released my fog. I did not see the point of pursuing you until I left to fix my glass tablet. And when I felt you stir, well...I could not resist finding out who dared to storm my castle.”

Deathshade clicked his tongue, “So...where’s your scout hiding? I know he is, as you say, shrouded. So am I going to have to wait for him to attack me, who will very much die. Or will he show his face, so we can continue this, ehhhh...diplomacy?”

The Skeleton Lord paused for a few seconds before uttering a high-pitched shriek. Marvelous Man felt like his blood had turned to ice upon hearing the ancient evil’s wicked laughter.

“Rest assured, I did not bring my guardian here with me. Though I must say, I did not at all expect your birthplace to appear so dejected. And yet, I am not surprised,” said the Skeleton Lord.

The supervillain questioned, “So tell me, ghoul. What have you to barter for the star child’s freedom? Have you come to offer your life for his? Because while he would appreciate the gesture, you have even less worth than a pig’s piles of excrement.”

“I can offer you power. I know the location of two Mana Stones. And those are worth so much more than the life energy you have been sucking from Marvelous Man,” haggled Deathshade.

The Skeleton Lord inquired, “And where are the stones?”

“Here in Purgatory, and the other is at the D.A.B. headquarters. I even have a magical compass for you to find it,” responded the ghoul.

The Skeleton Lord paused, “...Present it to me.”

Slowly reaching into the purple sleeve, Deathshade pulled out a small, black compass. The dial within the device spun; its North indicator adjusting to new surroundings. The ghoul tossed the compass at the ancient evil without hesitation. Reaching out with a free hand, the Skeleton Lord snatched it from the air.

“Do we have a deal? Or are we going to fight? It might take me a while, but I will kill you. And that is a promise I can keep,” warned Deathshade.

The supervillain held the magical device with an open palm, as the device’s dial slowed to a stop. With a flick of his wrist that had the bone whip in his grasp, the white chain uncoiled from Marvelous Man’s ankle.

The Skeleton Lord closed his hand over the compass, “Hmph. I would be a fool to test my...reimposed mortality that you have so graciously gifted me. Take Marvelous Man. I will not commit harm to either of you. But know that you have only delayed my inevitable wrath.”

Marvelous Man pushed himself up; not wanting to be any closer to the Skeleton Lord than he had to. The hulking bodybuilder ran over to Deathshade’s side with a slight hobble. His body still ached from the slam, but he needed only a few more seconds for a full recovery over the superficial bruises.

Behind the horse-riding Skeleton Lord, animalistic noises screeched. It was a holler of beings that lost their humanity; yellings of blind fury that scared Marvelous Man.

“Alas, I cannot say the same for my undead compatriots,” remarked the supervillain.

A mob of rotting, animated corpses spilled from around the corner the Skeleton Lord came from. The dead husks stampeded over each other; almost appearing to mimic rushing water coursing through a canal. Marvelous Man instantly recognized the moving carcasses. Rugged. Bloated. Oozing. Marked with bloody runes. The unfortunate corpses that had the fate of meeting the Skeleton Lord; left to decompose on the floors of a tucked-away townhouse.

Deathshade reached into his purple sleeve, “Well, I only have one thing to say…”

Pulling his hand out, the ghoul held in his grasp a golden grenade. The explosive had tiny mirrors glued on to imitate a disco ball. Looping his finger through the grenade’s pin, Deathshade squatted with his purple rear end nearly touching the ashed concrete.

“Uhn!” he grunted.

The Limbo being yanked the pin from the explosive. Immediately after, the ghoul jumped up. As he landed on the sole of his maroon boot with his other foot held up like a flamingo, Deathshade spun in a festive fashion. He stopped himself after completing the first revolution; striking a dynamic pose. When assuming his flamboyant stance, he flung out his arm towards the Skeleton Lord. The special grenade was in that arm’s grasp, and it launch into the air upon Deathshade instantly opening his hand.

The ghoul exclaimed, “Boogie!”

The shiny grenade bounced on the ground near the Skeleton Lord, while Deathshade turned towards Marvelous Man. Grabbing the musclebound superhero’s hand, the ghoul fled with his colossal friend in tow. The golden explosive finished its bounces and rolled against up to the hoof of the Skeleton Lord’s horse. The supervillain did nothing but stared down at the mirrored bomb.

In the seconds the friends had escaped and the raging zombies pursuing them were close to passing by the ancient evil on his steed, the grenade exploded. Blinding lights of multiple colors blasted from the explosive, while the deafening music of disco thundered. The zombies flinched from the concussion to their sight and ears. The muscular, black steed whinnied and stood on its hind legs in fright; causing the Skeleton Lord to fall onto the dusty ground.

While outside of the disco grenade’s blast radius, Marvelous Man could still hear the funky beats of the music vibrating his massive body. The song sounded like it could be fun to dance to...were it not for it for the situation he was currently in, and the disco music being weaponized to disorienting levels. The hulking bodybuilder held onto the ghoul’s hand, as he was led down another winding path of the concrete jungle.

“There’s our exit!” shouted Deathshade.

Marvelous Man looked ahead to where his friend was directing his attention towards. A small distance away against a wall was an art decor resting on top of a brown end table. It was a clay sculpture shaped like a leafless tree. The tree art piece was blended with so many colors it did not have a major color to set the tone. On top of each of the branches were tiny cups that housed a little glass marble on top of it. The sculpt itself was so full of vibrant life, that Marvelous Man could find few words to describe it other than immaculate. The muscle demigod then noticed a yellow table runner cloth underneath the sculpture that held the same symbol as Deathshade’s brooch: a weeping closed eye.

As the two arrived in front of the sculpture, Deathshade relinquished his hand from Marvelous Man’s. He dove his hand into his magical sleeve for a moment before retrieving a glass marble with multiple colors streaming inside of it. Grabbing Marvelous Man’s large hand again, Deathshade held out the glass marble he had in his hand. On the side of the sculpture sat a cup on a branch that was empty. The ghoul then placed the glass marble on top of the empty cup.

Marvelous Man stared down at a steaming cup of coffee that sat on top of a restaurant table. It had a roasted aroma to it that had a hint of sweetness to it. The hulking bodybuilder then wondered why he was looking at a cup of coffee. Moreover...what just happened?

A man’s voice spoke up, “Marvelous Man?”

The muscle demigod looked up from the coffee and saw Deathshade sitting across from him on the other side of the table. Feeling an ominous and awkward chill from looking into the ghoul’s empty sockets, Marvelous Man looked around. They appeared to be in the booth of a diner with absolutely no customers other than themselves. There was a window next to the two, but Marvelous Man could only see blackness upon peering through it.

“...Where? Wait, what just happened? Weren’t we just at that sculpture?” he said.

Deathshade nodded, “We were. And now, we’re here. We’re in a pocket dimension that’s between Earth and Limbo. And when we leave this place, we’ll be back on Earth.”

The ghoul paused, as he looked down at his steaming cup of coffee set in front of him.

“You know how when divers get the bends, they’re put in those...uhhhh, decompression chambers? It’s like that for me. I can be gone a long time in Limbo trying to find lost artifacts for the Bruja, and I just sit here to process everything that happened and...balance myself. Thinking about my family helps. Well, that and I jack off in the corner, hehe,” he said.

Marvelous Man hesitated, “...And we got here...because of that sculpture? I think they’re called, the Tree of Life? From Mexican art.”

“That’s right. The Bruja has at least one in every time zone in Limbo. But I’m the only one with all the marbles, haha...sorry, to get out. And even if someone did managed to get one from me, they wouldn’t be able to find a Tree of Life,” replied Deathshade.

Marvelous Man flexed an eyebrow, “How?”

Deathshade tapped the brooch pinned to his purple suit. Marvelous Man remembered the cloth underneath the Tree of Life sculpture had the exact same symbol as Deathshade’s brooch. With time spent between the two so short in the past, the musclebound superhero never had a chance to ask about the brooch’s symbol: a weeping closed eye.

“This symbol isn’t just the Bruja’s calling card. It’s enchanted by her to cause, uhhhh...how do you say ignorancia? Oh...right, hehe. This brooch and the symbol at the sculpture broadcasts ignorance. The harder someone tries to find me or the sculptures, the more invisible it is to them. It also affects cameras too. So don’t worry. Nobody from Limbo or the Skeleton Lord is getting out through there,” he explained.

Marvelous Man frowned, “Yeah...what were those things back there? They didn’t really seem to care…”

“They’re ghouls,” sighed Deathshade, “And believe it or not, those are the nice ones. Most of them only care about themselves and will probably try to murder me to steal what little soul I have left to prevent...well, a spiritual rotting. It’s what happens when you lose the will to live. Cause if you rot enough, then you become a monster. And it won’t be long before the ones lying on the ground we passed by will change into monsters.

The ghoul scratched his chin, “Hm, it’s a good thing the Bruja chose me to be her servant...because I’m not sure what would’ve happened to me if she didn’t…”

Marvelous Man watched his friend sip coffee. The muscle demigod felt at a loss for what to say next. There was so much to process between the span of being rescued from the Skeleton Lord’s clutches to escaping Limbo. Marvelous Man then remembered something.

“Hey, wait. How come we didn’t just use that silver gun you had to get out of Limbo?” he inquired.

Deathshade sat his cup down, “The Orpheus is just a one-way ticket into Limbo. It’s kind of a security thing like with the Tree of Life. If somebody was dumb enough to get that gun and use it, then they’ll be trapped if they don’t know another way out of Limbo.”

The hulking bodybuilder looked at Deathshade’s empty eye sockets again. Even though this was a person he could trust, it still felt scary to see nothing in those bony slots. Marvelous Man changed the subject.

“So...Deathshade, huh? I’m guessing that’s what the bad guys call you?” he said.

Deathshade nodded, “Yep. Guess I might as well tell you that I know your secret identity is Justice. Oh, wait. Is there nothing in my eyes? Hold on.”

Marvelous Man wanted to feel shocked from his secret being known, but he was still overcome by the shock and numbness from the sudden chain of events. The muscle demigod then changed his attention to watching his friend.

Placing his hand in front of his forehead, the ghoul brought his hand down. As his hand passed his eye sockets, the emptiness was gone. The spinning, yellow flower eyes had been restored; easing comfort back into Marvelous Man.

“There. Just keep calling me Sugar Skull. It’s what I want my friends to know me as,” said Sugar Skull.

He continued, “So now that we both know each other’s secrets and won’t tell anybody else, I think we really need to talk about the real issue with the Skeleton Lord. Also, FYI, don’t worry about your secret identity thing. Most people won’t figure it out that you and Justice are the same.”

“The thing is...I was supposed to tell you what I know about the Skeleton Lord a while back. But I got distracted and was sent to try to kill the Skeleton Lord again. I messed up the first time, but at least I took away his immortality. Sooooo, I guess you call that a silver lining...if it wasn’t the main reason why the Skeleton Lord is careful now and more, ummm, cloak and dagger,” recalled Sugar Skull.

Marvelous Man looked away to remember, “Was that why you were at Toto’s? To talk to me? I saw you when I was on a date with Gene Lightfoot.”

Sugar Skull’s flower eyes shifted to the left and right before focusing back towards the muscle demigod.

“...Yyyes? Anyways, the Bruja wanted me to help you guys out and tell you everything she knows about the Skeleton Lord...since I didn’t kill him when he woke up,” bobbled the ghoul’s head.

Marvelous Man flexed his eyebrows, “Wait, shouldn’t you be telling the D.A.B. about this? Why me? I mean, you could’ve told Gene this info to him instead.”

Sugar Skull stared down at his coffee.

“I know I act like a fool, and that’s just how I am now. Embrace life for what it is and have fun. Especially when a witch brings you back to life halfway just so that you can taste and fuck and feel pain again. Nobody at the D.A.B. trusts me or would pay attention to me. They’d just kick me out before I say anything, cause they think I’ll steal something from them. But you...you’re the first person that trusted me and even apologized for profiling me. When I look into your eyes, Justice, I see an honest and trustworthy man,” stated the ghoul.

His purple teeth chattered, “As for Gene, well, we’d just end up fucking our brains out, and I’d totally forget what I was supposed to tell him, GAHAHAHA!!!”

“That does sound like you,” giggled Marvelous Man, “So what can you tell me about the Skeleton Lord? How come there’s no history about him?”

The ghoul replied, “That’s because of the Bruja when she was a young witch, uhhh, millenias ago. The Skeleton Lord killed a lot of people back then and tried to commit genocide to the Totochtin. Traveling all the way from Europe, to Africa, then to South America. After he was finally captured when crossing over into Central America, the leaders of the past realized the damage he had done. The Skeleton Lord’s tale would be passed down through every generation like other tragedies in our world histories. And if that big bad ever got out, he would be able to feed on that fear. And humanity would enter dark days again.”

“So the young Bruja created her first spell. She turned her familiar into a sort of black hole that sucked up all written records and memories from the weak-minded people that had heard of the Skeleton Lord. This helped erased the Skeleton Lord’s history. So that if he ever woke up, he did not have any power over anybody. If nobody could fear him, then he could be kept weak...well, until he found another power source. We didn’t know that he had the ability to drain energy...or could turn flesh into energy,” continued Sugar Skull.

Marvelous Man muttered, “So that’s why the D.A.B. had no records of him. Then do you know why he’s trying to destroy the world. Like, what caused him to become bad?”

The ghoul held up his index finger and opened his mouth. As he was about to form words, Sugar Skull paused. His spinning, yellow flower eyes transformed into pixilated hourglasses before shifting back to flowers as he talked.

“I...don’t know. The Bruja only got involved after the Skeleton Lord started his rampage. Because it was after that she became an info broker. When she casted that spell of hers, anybody that knew the Skeleton Lord before he turned bad was already dead. So all she knows from bits of records is that he was a peaceful king back around the twenty-eighth century BC...maybe more. But then something called the “Royal Burning” happened, and he became batshit angry,” shrugged the ghoul.

The musclebound superhero chewed at the inside of his cheek. It was useful to know why they know nothing, but it still felt like no useful knowledge to combat the Skeleton Lord had been gained. There was one thing Marvelous Man needed to ask.

He questioned, “Then do you at least know how he’s able to avoid us?”

“Oh, yeah. That’s simple. It’s his cloak. The thing has been enchanted to hide from any magical detection or magical sight. I never had a chance to pull it off. It would make finding him so much easier. But it would be even better if he just went in places that had cameras, cause that cape only affects magic,” said Sugar Skull.

The bodybuilder’s mind flashed back to his second encounter to the Skeleton Lord. Gene had flung the supervillain across the underground room by grabbing onto the red cloak. The cloak never came off and instead pulled the Skeleton Lord with it. After that, the ancient evil became a pulping mess after splattering against the concrete wall.

Marvelous Man mentioned, “Gene sorta tried to pull it off of him. But it was stuck to him like it was part of him...or something.”

“Eh, if I had to guess, it’s also enchanted to be bonded to the skeleton douchebag. I wonder who could have done that. Multi-layered spells aren’t easy to pull off, you know,” suggested Sugar Skull.

Marvelous Man sighed, “Okay...ummm, what about his bone powers? You know how he’s doing that?”

“No idea. The Bruja just figured that was part of his ability or some magic artifact he’s got hidden underneath his robe,” shrugged Sugar Skull.

The muscle demigod rustled his hair in slight frustration. He felt like he was running in a circle of paradoxes; answers that led to more questions with no real resolution. Marvelous Man did not ever see underneath the Skeleton Lord’s red cloak no matter how close he was...but he did scan the supervillain.

Marvelous Man inquired, “What about a familiar? If he had a...bone imp, could he do it?”

Sugar Skull froze. Cupping his chin, the spinning flower eyes changed into pixilated hourglasses. The few, black pixels of sand poured into the bottom before the hourglasses flipped onto its opposite end. As the hourglasses flipped again, they changed back into their cartoon flowery form.

“...Maybe? It’s possible, that he could be a witch. He did paint those runes on your body, after all,” he speculated, “But magic and familiars aren’t my, ummm, forte. I’ll ask the Bruja when we get out of here...And after she pelts me with a thousand sandals, she’ll definitely want to see the pic I took of you. May I ask why he painted that stuff on you?”

Marvelous Man thought back to his capture. Even though it was recent, it felt like it happened a long time ago now that he was in a literal safe space. Yet the memory still sent a chill through the hulking bodybuilder.

“It...was some sort of...He called it a safeguard. To make sure that the last drop of energy was still in me,” he shuddered.

Sugar Skull placed his hand over Marvelous Man’s. The muscle demigod could sense the ghoul giving a gentle smile; despite having no facial muscles.

The ghoul spoke softly, “It’s alright, Justice. You’re safe here. He can’t get to you. And he’s too busy finding the Mana Stones, so he won’t be looking for you anytime soon. I want you to know that you’re a hero by surviving that shit you went through. Okay? It doesn’t matter how you got in. All you should care about is that you got out.”

The hulking bodybuilder nodded his head, while he swallowed his dry throat. He could feel tears welling up in his eyes after feeling his friend’s tenderness, but willed it to stay down. His memory flashed to the moments ago of Sugar Skull bartering for his liberation.

“Can I ask you something? I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but why did you save me? You should’ve fought the Skeleton Lord. I mean, you said it yourself. You would have won. Or you could have just left me in that house until you found the perfect moment to get the jump on him. Gene and the others would have found me...eventually,” said Marvelous Man.

Sugar Skull placed his other hand over his friend’s, “Maybe when I was human...But all you need to know is you may not be my family, but you’re still my friend.”

Hearing his half-alive friend give an immediate reply, the walls sealing up the deep feelings in Marvelous Man’s heart crashed. Tears silently streamed down his cheeks. The hulking bodybuilder closed his eyes to stop the flow, but more came flooding out.

The ghoul pulled napkins from the dispenser sitting on the table. Sugar Skull placed the bundle of napkins into the musclebound superhero’s hands. The cartoon flowers spinning in his eye sockets transformed into a shallow pool of water; looking ready to spill out of the skeletal holes.

“It’s okay, pal. Let it all out. But, uh, you might want to hurry, because I’m going to start crying too. And then we won’t be able to get out of here,” he said.

The muscle demigod quickly dabbed his eyes with the napkins before moving it down his face. They felt scratchy and cheap against his cheeks, but they were absorbent enough for his tears.

Marvelous Man sniffed, “Sorry.”

“It’s fine. And your friends from the D.A.B. wouldn’t have been able to save you anyways,” mentioned Sugar Skull.

The musclebound superhero frowned, “...Why?”

Seeming newly distracted with the change of subject, the pool of water in the ghoul’s eye sockets changed back into spinning flower eyes. Sugar Skull pulled a smartphone out of his flower-shaped sleeve. He flicked through its contents as he spoke.

“You remember what I said about the fog? Hours after he drained you, he did this,” he said.

The ghoul held the phone’s screen in front of Marvelous Man to watch. It was a news clip video from an anchorwoman reporting a mysterious fog that had appeared in the ghetto area and filled its entire streets. Robotic and magical drones were sent inside of the fog, but none made it back. Footage from outside the fog was shown. It looked like the Skeleton Lord’s whisping darkness, yet it was extremely concentrated that not even sunlight could break it. After the video ended, Sugar Skull placed it back into his magical sleeve.

Marvelous Man looked down at his coffee, “So it’s my fault that he did that.”

“Don’t say that. He would have eventually gotten to that point without your energy by sending one of his victims to trick more drug addicts back to his house,” Sugar Skull immediately replied.

Sugar Skull resumed his explanation, “But back to what I was saying about the fog, I think that fog is just a...ummm...oh! Defense mechanism! That’s the word! I think it’s just a defense mechanism to keep heroes out before he does something big. So since the Skeleton Lord is stuck in Limbo, the fog should be gone too. So even if your superhero friends knew where you were, they couldn’t get inside without risking their own lives. But hey, we can plant a trap, while he’s gone!”

“Yeah, I guess,” sighed Marvelous Man.

The ghoul reached into his purple sleeve, “One more thing. The Bruja is interested in learning about you. If you tell her all about yourself and how you came to be, you could use it to trade for any info that isn’t...publicly available.”

Sugar Skull pulled out a business card and slid it across the table. Marvelous Man picked it up for a closer look. The card itself looked like papyrus paper and had aged ink printed onto it: “La Bruja: The Witch of Pages”. Printed underneath the name was an email address.

“So are you ready to head out?” said the ghoul.

Marvelous Man slowly inhaled air before releasing it in a sigh. Seconds ticked by, as he stared into space.

He looked at his friend, “Yeah, I’m ready.”

The Limbo being shifted from the diner booth and stood up. He then offered his hand to Marvelous Man, while he stared at his friend. Without hesitation, the hulking bodybuilder accepted the hand and stood up as well.

As Sugar Skull led Marvelous Man to the diner door behind the booth, he spoke up.

“By the way, you should really get your stomach checked at. Unless you’re into having a jelly baby bun in the oven. Not judging, just thought you should know, since I saw it with my X-Ray glasses,” mentioned the ghoul.

Upon reaching the exit within a few steps, Sugar Skull gripped the door. The sound of a bell jingled, as he opened the door.

Marvelous Man stood in a large room that rivaled his penthouse. Strewn about the area was many potted plants that seemed to be of varieties not native to United States soil. All the ones that appeared to tropical or jungle floral had unique shades of colors; causing the room itself to become muted to the lively plants. Across the room was a set of windows outlooking Skyway City. The outside was dark with the night sky, but the streetlights from below battled against the night with its own illumination.

A familiar voice spoke up, “Marvelous Man?”

Turning to his right, the muscle demigod spotted a naked Gene Lightfoot peering over a black leather couch. The rabbit superhero seemed to be squatting over a man that was seated on the couch and underneath Gene. It appeared that Marvelous Man had interrupted the Totochtin prince’s intercourse session.

“H-hi, Gene. Um, where are we?” said Marvelous Man.

Gene jumped up; leaping off of his affair’s dick while propelling over the couch in a front flip style. Upon landing, he dashed towards Marvelous Man. The Totochtin prince spread his arms open, as he was within hitting distance of his missing teammate. He then clasped them around the hulking bodybuilder’s waist; squeezing in a hugging embrace.

The rabbit superhero exclaimed, “Oh, how I have missed you, my friend! I was terrified of your well-being! There was the recordings on the security footage of you being dragged off by the PB&J Gang. The D.A.B. and I tried to rescue you, but the dangerous fog arose once we discovered you had been the kidnapped.”

Marvelous Man hugged back his naked teammate. He could feel the bunny demigod emitting feelings of genuine relief, happiness, and a hint of sadness mixed with guilt. The musclebound superhero felt his own twinge of guilt; thinking that it was his fault Gene felt this way. Gene backed away, as the Totochtin prince’s white rabbit ears twitched.

“Please do not feel the guilt. It is not your fault such things happened, and it is right that I feel the terror if my good friend has become the missing. But what I am feeling right now is the relief of you appearing here in the Toto’s,” consoled Gene.

After hearing what the Totochtin prince just said, Marvelous Man came to the conclusion that they were on the top floor of Toto’s. He remembered how Toto’s was a resting place for the chosen Totochtin, and the top floor was reserved for their sleeping space.

The bunny demigod gazed at his friend’s humongous body from top to bottom. His face flexed a confused expression.

He questioned, “Why is your body marked with the red? Is this the Skeleton Lord’s doing?!”

“It...Yeah, it is,” nodded Marvelous Man, “And I really want to explain it all, but I’m just so tired right now. These magic band aids on my nipples are losing their magic stuff, and I’m feeling ready to crash after having my energy drained a lot and being chased through Limbo.”

Gene grabbed his forearm, “I understand. Would you care to take rest here or at the D.A.B.?”

“Actually, I’d really like to just go home,” sighed Marvelous Man.

The Totochtin prince replied, “Then if it is alright with you, I would like to accompany you to keep watch over your health. And when the tomorrow comes, we will go to the D.A.B. and report the events that befell you.”

“Umm, uh, yeah, sure. I’d really like that, actually,” smiled the hulking bodybuilder.

Gene spoke, “Then before we depart, I will call the Director to tell of your escape.”

The rabbit superhero turned to where Sugar Skull stood at. As Gene talked, his face morphed into a confused expression.

“Sugar Skull, I assume it was you who-...?” he said.

Marvelous Man looked down at his side to where Sugar Skull should have been standing. It was only empty space. The musclebound superhero began to theorize that the ghoul had some magical device to teleport somewhere or become invisible...until he spotted the Limbo being by the couch where the stranger having sexual intercourse with Gene was still seated.

Sugar Skull looked down at the naked man, “Hola. You know what’s better than one penis?”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A flight back to his penthouse apartment with Gene in his arms and a shower later, Marvelous Man felt ready to collapse on his bed. He began to approach his humongous bed with slumping grace, as he noticed Gene lying naked on top of the sheets. If he had the energy, the muscle demigod would have become fully aroused. But instead, Marvelous Man accepted the current scene in front of him as intimate and romantic. It was like looking at a breathing statue made of cocoa marble in his perspective. He then wondered if he would always see Gene like this every time they went to bed together once the Totochtin prince became his boyfriend.

The hulking bodybuilder fell face first onto the other side of his bed with a loud pomf. He then sighed before rolling onto his back. It felt nice to have the silk sheets rubbing against his naked skin, and it was another sign that he was too tired to get sexually aroused. Willpower to stay awake fading, Marvelous Man closed his eyes and sighed.

He spoke up, “Thanks for staying over, Gene. But you don’t have to sleep in my bed, you know. I have another bed you can sleep in...or a couch.”

“I will sleep nowhere else but by your side, Marvelous Man. As I had said back at the Toto’s, I wish to keep watch over your health and to do the comforting for you. However, it is also custom in my country to do the sleep in the same bed with those that provide us shelter or invitation. It is considered the rude if we do not, because it shows we do trust our host and neither do we like the host,” replied Gene.

Marvelous Man giggled, “Is this your way of saying you like me? Heh.”

“I do. And I always have,” smiled the bunny demigod.

The musclebound superhero yawned, “Well, I always wanted to say that...I love you.”

The consciousness in Marvelous Man’s head blackened. His head tilted to the side, while he gave a slight snore. His massive chest heaved with every breath he took, as his body finally relaxed after two days of capture and torment.

Gene Lightfoot looked down at the sleeping behemoth. His eyebrows flexed in confusion, as his mouth pursed at the process of forming words. The Totochtin prince then took in a sharp to speak. He immediately stopped.

“Mm…” frowned Gene.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sunlight cascaded through the windows, while the scent of frying bacon wafted in the air. Marvelous Man stirred in his bed sheets upon noticing the enticing smell. The mattress underneath him wobbled like water and nudged the hulking bodybuilder like he was a gigantic piece of driftwood bobbing on top of an ocean. It then occurred to Marvelous Man that the mattress in his apartment never wobbled. The only kind of bed that did was the waterbed in his old bed.

Opening his eyes, the muscle demigod sat up. He looked about; taking note of the familiar room he was in. Marvelous Man had awoken in a large, red race car bed that had been fitted with a waterbed mattress. Strewn about the room was a collection of things the musclebound superhero recognized: an entertainment center with a retro gaming console, martial art belts of every color framed on the walls, bodybuilding trophies cluttered all over the dresser.

It was his old room. The one he grew up in as a child until being released into the real world. The last place he wanted to be in. The gilded cage.

Sunnysville.

Next Chapter

• Upvote 3

Oh uh, why is Justice back in his old bedroom? 80

And why was that the last place he wanted to be in? I mean: He just escaped from the Skeleton Lord the evening before & traveled through Limbo. So I can think up at least 2 places he should think off as places he definitely doesn't want to be in. xD lol

Also: Yay!! You added my calculations of how far back the Skeleton Lord's history goes to the story!! 8D <3

And i knew he was a good king. Though the Royal Burning sounds like either: a sort of burning of the witches (though in ancient times people were too afraid to burn people with magical power. As they were either seen as an avatar of the gods, or as demons to be feared), or for some weird reason citizens from his kingdom revolted against the crown and decided to kill the Royal Family by burning them (which if conscious, is one of the worst ways to die). =0

I'm really feeling bad for The Skeleton Lord now. Living for so long with all of that pain. It is a miracle he is still relatively sane. ^^;

And I wonder: What would the Skeleton Lord have been like if the event that destroyed his world never happened...

And also: Must admit that I kinda expected a little chapter focussed more on the rescue attempts of the others and sometimes cutting back to Justice. I think personally, it would have shown the supporting cast (seeing as Justice is the maincharacter) as more important and more capable than they seem right now. Seeing as what you hear now is that they tried at least once and after that seemed to sit on their butts doing nothing but worry. ^^;

(*chuckles* Of course you could always have Justice hear about their rescue attempts in more detail and all when he gets back to the D.A.B HQ to get debriefed. ^^ )

And also: i wonder what happened to Gemini after Justice was kidnapped right after their fight. =0

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hanugumo said:

Oh uh, why is Justice back in his old bedroom? 80

And why was that the last place he wanted to be in? I mean: He just escaped from the Skeleton Lord the evening before & traveled through Limbo. So I can think up at least 2 places he should think off as places he definitely doesn't want to be in. xD lol

Also: Yay!! You added my calculations of how far back the Skeleton Lord's history goes to the story!! 8D <3

And i knew he was a good king. Though the Royal Burning sounds like either: a sort of burning of the witches (though in ancient times people were too afraid to burn people with magical power. As they were either seen as an avatar of the gods, or as demons to be feared), or for some weird reason citizens from his kingdom revolted against the crown and decided to kill the Royal Family by burning them (which if conscious, is one of the worst ways to die). =0

I'm really feeling bad for The Skeleton Lord now. Living for so long with all of that pain. It is a miracle he is still relatively sane. ^^;

And I wonder: What would the Skeleton Lord have been like if the event that destroyed his world never happened...

And also: Must admit that I kinda expected a little chapter focussed more on the rescue attempts of the others and sometimes cutting back to Justice. I think personally, it would have shown the supporting cast (seeing as Justice is the maincharacter) as more important and more capable than they seem right now. Seeing as what you hear now is that they tried at least once and after that seemed to sit on their butts doing nothing but worry. ^^;

(*chuckles* Of course you could always have Justice hear about their rescue attempts in more detail and all when he gets back to the D.A.B HQ to get debriefed. ^^ )

And also: i wonder what happened to Gemini after Justice was kidnapped right after their fight. =0

http://inception.davepedu.com/

I mean, Justice has clearly stated that after realizing Sunnysville was fake and stunted his ability to socialize and understand customs of the world, it caused him to hate it. He lived 98% of his life so far in that pocket dimension.

Unfortunately, you're cold this time about the Royal Burning. But those were great guesses that would make absolute sense to the name! Pretty sure if the event never happened, he'd probably still rule over some territory in Europe.

I would have done that, but it would have taken A LOT more pages to do that. And yeah, in most situations when infiltration doesn't work, the best thing to do is wait it out while coming up with another strategy. This all happened in 2 days, so I'm sure the D.A.B. would have figured something by day 3. But yeah, I intend to do just that with the debriefing X3

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, EcchiMultiverse said:

http://inception.davepedu.com/

I mean, Justice has clearly stated that after realizing Sunnysville was fake and stunted his ability to socialize and understand customs of the world, it caused him to hate it. He lived 98% of his life so far in that pocket dimension.

Unfortunately, you're cold this time about the Royal Burning. But those were great guesses that would make absolute sense to the name! Pretty sure if the event never happened, he'd probably still rule over some territory in Europe.

I would have done that, but it would have taken A LOT more pages to do that. And yeah, in most situations when infiltration doesn't work, the best thing to do is wait it out while coming up with another strategy. This all happened in 2 days, so I'm sure the D.A.B. would have figured something by day 3. But yeah, I intend to do just that with the debriefing X3

True, true. But still. Is that place really worse than being a prisoner of the Skeleton Lord? And also worse than a paralel plain of existence where the dead come and either move on, go to hell or change into ghouls and than monsters like Limbo? ^^;

Btw: I kinda get the feeling like either his parents "called" him to that place. Or subconsciously he himself did. I mean the second would make sort of sence. I mean: What happened the 2 days before was so traumatic that maybe his subconscious teleported him to the only place where he would be truly safe. The old cage he grew up in. And perhaps to heal from the trauma. ^^;

Though the first would be very plausible too because I do believe that thanks to that mist it was impossible too find Justice in a magical or technological way, maybe his parents actually became worried and became overprotective or something? ^^;

And really? Gosh darnit. ;n; I failed you, i am sorry. *chuckles* oh well. x3 I am glad to hear that my thoughts were entertaining and interesting ways to explain what the Royal Burning could be. x3 Though I do wonder though: Could the Foyal burning have been some sort of ritual? A ritual that had to be partaken by the royal family? And that something went wrong which caused the whole incident to happen? =0 Gosh dangit I am looking forwards to hearing more about this in the next parts. 83 <3

And you sure? If he still, to nowaday, is ruling that country, than he should be immortal than as well. That is something. ;3

Well: with everything that has been revealed and said, i am so looking forward to the next. 83 <3

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2017 at 7:21 PM, Hanugumo said:

True, true. But still. Is that place really worse than being a prisoner of the Skeleton Lord? And also worse than a paralel plain of existence where the dead come and either move on, go to hell or change into ghouls and than monsters like Limbo? ^^;

Btw: I kinda get the feeling like either his parents "called" him to that place. Or subconsciously he himself did. I mean the second would make sort of sence. I mean: What happened the 2 days before was so traumatic that maybe his subconscious teleported him to the only place where he would be truly safe. The old cage he grew up in. And perhaps to heal from the trauma. ^^;

Though the first would be very plausible too because I do believe that thanks to that mist it was impossible too find Justice in a magical or technological way, maybe his parents actually became worried and became overprotective or something? ^^;

And really? Gosh darnit. ;n; I failed you, i am sorry. *chuckles* oh well. x3 I am glad to hear that my thoughts were entertaining and interesting ways to explain what the Royal Burning could be. x3 Though I do wonder though: Could the Foyal burning have been some sort of ritual? A ritual that had to be partaken by the royal family? And that something went wrong which caused the whole incident to happen? =0 Gosh dangit I am looking forwards to hearing more about this in the next parts. 83 <3

And you sure? If he still, to nowaday, is ruling that country, than he should be immortal than as well. That is something. ;3

Well: with everything that has been revealed and said, i am so looking forward to the next. 83 <3

Since he's no longer in those areas, yeah, Sunnysville is worse at the moment lol You're kinda close to the first one. But then again... http://inception.davepedu.com/

Actually, the answer is a lot more simple than what you're suggesting about the Royal Burning X3

And the Skeleton Lord is...was immortal thanks to Sugar Skull's spores. I've been trying to think of ways to explain how he got his immortality other than magic XD For the most part, he stopped his body from aging and was able to put himself back together no matter how much damage he took. But because of Sugar Skull's spores, it's prevented his body from accepting the ritual that turned his body immortal. But considering that he's no longer immortal, I don't think a lot of people are asking how he became immortal lol

Thanks! I will keep working hard! I'm just trying to research a word before I go any further

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, EcchiMultiverse said:

Since he's no longer in those areas, yeah, Sunnysville is worse at the moment lol You're kinda close to the first one. But then again... http://inception.davepedu.com/

Actually, the answer is a lot more simple than what you're suggesting about the Royal Burning X3

And the Skeleton Lord is...was immortal thanks to Sugar Skull's spores. I've been trying to think of ways to explain how he got his immortality other than magic XD For the most part, he stopped his body from aging and was able to put himself back together no matter how much damage he took. But because of Sugar Skull's spores, it's prevented his body from accepting the ritual that turned his body immortal. But considering that he's no longer immortal, I don't think a lot of people are asking how he became immortal lol

Thanks! I will keep working hard! I'm just trying to research a word before I go any further

Oh you~, why do you add the inception part? x3 inception is going inside of one's mind and then going even deeper by going inside the mind of a person inside of the previous person's mind. x3 lol

Are you saying that he is not actually there but in his mind he is there? That his parents called his consciousness back to Sunnysville for something? x3

Bleh, i dun like simple answers. xP I like complicated and unbelievable answers. xP lol Mostly cause in this story things aren't really that simple. It breaks the trend of complexity in the story. xP lol

But oh well: i guess we'll learn more about it all and all from The Bruja huh? x3

What if The Skeleton Lord's could have been a hero himself is he did not go the evil path after the big turning event? I mean: Why not have him be something like Wolverine? ;3 Wolverine is immortal (basically, he pretty much can die of old age but that would be around what? 3000 years later or something? ^^; ) after all. That would make his immortality biological and not magical. ^^

Of course Sugar Skulls' spores need to be able to repress that ability to such a degree that the Skeleton Lor's immortality is gone. However, that is not really something that is on the tabke I guess, as Wolverine was not pretty much a walking skeleton cloaked in darkness and all. ^^; I do not think that a non-magical way to explain the Skeleton Lord's immortality exists right now. ^^;;

Though maybe if the Skeleton was still the good king without the event that destroyed his world, he might have been good enough to be blessed by a divine being to be an immortal king? ^^

Also that reminds me: How can Mana stones contain more energy than Justice? ^^; I mean: Justice is pretty much a god isn't he? (Yeah, you called him a demi-god. He was made to be a lot weaker than his larents and all I know. But seeing as he only has dna from his divine parents and some of his divine grandfather. He should be a full god. x3) and a god should have quite an extreme amount of energy & magic inside of himself. Unless Justice hasn't bad his "godly awakening" yet. =3 Something like Heracle/Hercules in the disney movie, as Hercules was a full god in there and not a demi-god. ^^ lol Or of course: the mana stones have so much energy inside of them all compacted in 1 space: that if released it could overcharge Justice a 100 fold. x3 lol

And don't worry. ^^ <3 You can do it , i believe in you. ^w^ <3 <3

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hanugumo said:

Oh you~, why do you add the inception part? x3 inception is going inside of one's mind and then going even deeper by going inside the mind of a person inside of the previous person's mind. x3 lol

Are you saying that he is not actually there but in his mind he is there? That his parents called his consciousness back to Sunnysville for something? x3

Bleh, i dun like simple answers. xP I like complicated and unbelievable answers. xP lol Mostly cause in this story things aren't really that simple. It breaks the trend of complexity in the story. xP lol

But oh well: i guess we'll learn more about it all and all from The Bruja huh? x3

What if The Skeleton Lord's could have been a hero himself is he did not go the evil path after the big turning event? I mean: Why not have him be something like Wolverine? ;3 Wolverine is immortal (basically, he pretty much can die of old age but that would be around what? 3000 years later or something? ^^; ) after all. That would make his immortality biological and not magical. ^^

Of course Sugar Skulls' spores need to be able to repress that ability to such a degree that the Skeleton Lor's immortality is gone. However, that is not really something that is on the tabke I guess, as Wolverine was not pretty much a walking skeleton cloaked in darkness and all. ^^; I do not think that a non-magical way to explain the Skeleton Lord's immortality exists right now. ^^;;

Though maybe if the Skeleton was still the good king without the event that destroyed his world, he might have been good enough to be blessed by a divine being to be an immortal king? ^^

Also that reminds me: How can Mana stones contain more energy than Justice? ^^; I mean: Justice is pretty much a god isn't he? (Yeah, you called him a demi-god. He was made to be a lot weaker than his larents and all I know. But seeing as he only has dna from his divine parents and some of his divine grandfather. He should be a full god. x3) and a god should have quite an extreme amount of energy & magic inside of himself. Unless Justice hasn't bad his "godly awakening" yet. =3 Something like Heracle/Hercules in the disney movie, as Hercules was a full god in there and not a demi-god. ^^ lol Or of course: the mana stones have so much energy inside of them all compacted in 1 space: that if released it could overcharge Justice a 100 fold. x3 lol

And don't worry. ^^ <3 You can do it , i believe in you. ^w^ <3 <3

It was all a dream~

They aren't really simple lol. What starts out simple inevitably becomes complex. Death of a family is simple, but it leads into many feelings with both sane and insane thoughts. Which creates the outcome of either accepting the death, denying it ever happened, or go on a warpath of self destruction where you hope you meet your end. Or suicide.

But what I figure with Skeleton Lord's immortality is that he either used his bone powers to freeze his molecules into place, or it was the result of a spell with an extremely rare ingredient that no longer exists(which would probably involve Gilgamesh's enslavement). Other than that, the only throwaway answer I could give is MAGIC~

I was thinking of Wonder Woman when you brought up "godly awakening" lol The Mana Stones not only have a lot of energy in them for casting big spells, but they also increase the spell's power intensity. So while Justice has lots of energy to be drained, it doesn't have the extra properties the Mana Stones have. And in a way, Justice hasn't had that awakening yet, because he doesn't truly understand his powers yet. Justice is more than just a muscle demigod, he's got a unique element the coincides with Love, Passion(War), and Art. If you haven't noticed, Justice could supercharge others but not himself. All he could do to himself was illuminate. He just thinks of supercharge as just an extra power up, but it's more than that. When he realizes what his supercharge/godly element is, it will allow him to do it himself. And the answer of what his characteristic/element is has been staring at you in the face every time he supercharges his allies and how it affects them.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, EcchiMultiverse said:

It was all a dream~

They aren't really simple lol. What starts out simple inevitably becomes complex. Death of a family is simple, but it leads into many feelings with both sane and insane thoughts. Which creates the outcome of either accepting the death, denying it ever happened, or go on a warpath of self destruction where you hope you meet your end. Or suicide.

But what I figure with Skeleton Lord's immortality is that he either used his bone powers to freeze his molecules into place, or it was the result of a spell with an extremely rare ingredient that no longer exists(which would probably involve Gilgamesh's enslavement). Other than that, the only throwaway answer I could give is MAGIC~

I was thinking of Wonder Woman when you brought up "godly awakening" lol The Mana Stones not only have a lot of energy in them for casting big spells, but they also increase the spell's power intensity. So while Justice has lots of energy to be drained, it doesn't have the extra properties the Mana Stones have. And in a way, Justice hasn't had that awakening yet, because he doesn't truly understand his powers yet. Justice is more than just a muscle demigod, he's got a unique element the coincides with Love, Passion(War), and Art. If you haven't noticed, Justice could supercharge others but not himself. All he could do to himself was illuminate. He just thinks of supercharge as just an extra power up, but it's more than that. When he realizes what his supercharge/godly element is, it will allow him to do it himself. And the answer of what his characteristic/element is has been staring at you in the face every time he supercharges his allies and how it affects them.

Bleh, it's just a dream is so no fun. xP lol

Though gods do often speak to people through dreams they say. x3 But if you make all that happened just a dream of Justice in his gilded cage, I am so gonna strangle you (jk ). xD lol

It definitely seems like The Skeleton Lord took the warpath route after the death of his family. Though doesn't something strike you as conflicting to that path and the actual path the Skeleton Lord took? >;3 I wonder if you can spot it. ^^

Lol, Well she is one of the best Female superheroes of all time. Both simple and complex; strong and yet fragile at some points too; has weaknesses but has also a lot of strengths. She isn't actually overpowered, she is a very strong; very fast; very athletic human being with weapons that hold special and enhancing powers that aid her. 83 But anyway~ done fanboying over WW. xP lol (funny, WW, turn the WW upside down and what do you get? >;P lol)

And I see, so even though Justice coukd have the same amount of power inside of him; he does not have the spell enhancing effect of the mana stones. ;3 <3

(you know? It's actually been a bad idea of Sugar Skull to trap the Skeleton Lord in Limbo. He could get an army of those ghouls and monsters from it after he breaks out. ^^; Though I think you should wait a bit on freeing the Skeleton Lord. I think we need some good talks between Justice, Gemini & Gene and have a solid relationship between Gene or Gemini with Justice before doing that. x3 lol)

And gah!! Now I need to reread some chapters because I forgot what Justice's divine element is. ^^;

Though i kinda get the feeling of: Compassion, or Hope and trust. Those 3 kinda make me feel like they could be plausible. x3

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hanugumo said:

Bleh, it's just a dream is so no fun. xP lol

Though gods do often speak to people through dreams they say. x3 But if you make all that happened just a dream of Justice in his gilded cage, I am so gonna strangle you (jk ). xD lol

It definitely seems like The Skeleton Lord took the warpath route after the death of his family. Though doesn't something strike you as conflicting to that path and the actual path the Skeleton Lord took? >;3 I wonder if you can spot it. ^^

Lol, Well she is one of the best Female superheroes of all time. Both simple and complex; strong and yet fragile at some points too; has weaknesses but has also a lot of strengths. She isn't actually overpowered, she is a very strong; very fast; very athletic human being with weapons that hold special and enhancing powers that aid her. 83 But anyway~ done fanboying over WW. xP lol (funny, WW, turn the WW upside down and what do you get? >;P lol)

And I see, so even though Justice coukd have the same amount of power inside of him; he does not have the spell enhancing effect of the mana stones. ;3 <3

(you know? It's actually been a bad idea of Sugar Skull to trap the Skeleton Lord in Limbo. He could get an army of those ghouls and monsters from it after he breaks out. ^^; Though I think you should wait a bit on freeing the Skeleton Lord. I think we need some good talks between Justice, Gemini & Gene and have a solid relationship between Gene or Gemini with Justice before doing that. x3 lol)

And gah!! Now I need to reread some chapters because I forgot what Justice's divine element is. ^^;

Though i kinda get the feeling of: Compassion, or Hope and trust. Those 3 kinda make me feel like they could be plausible. x3

I do not. Though I'm not saying there was someone within that influenced him to take the warpath route.

Gonna be honest with ya, Wonder Woman was the main inspiration to Marvelous Man other than my ex. He was originally gonna be called Wonder Man, but Marvel had dibs on that name. So I went with another positive adjective name, Marvelous. And yeah, it was a big coincidence with WW and MM XD

Yeah, Mana Stones are kinds like the Philosopher's Stone from Full Metal Alchemist. Except you have to fuse it to your body if you want the spell-enhancing effect.

It totes is~. And Sugar Skull is definitely aware of that consequence. But I think it showed in the pocket dimension diner talk that he'd rather have his friends and family safe first before thinking about how he gave the bad guy the upper hand. Especially with him giving the Skeleton Lord the correct directions to the Mana Stone located in Limbo. But since the Mana Stone in Limbo is in a time zone that would probably be as far back in the stone ages and the Skeleton Lord not aware of how Limbo works, it'll be awhile before he finds it. Skeleton Lord chasing the new MacGuffin was on purpose, so we could get some things established with the love triangle going on lol

That reminds me, I need to fix Chapter 1 sometime. Or maybe not. Haven't decided whether to fix that little spoiler or not. I highly doubt it, and you won't find it lol. But yeah, Compassion, Hope, and Trust are good guesses, but it's a bit more specific than that. Those are things that can...blossom from Love, Passion, and Art. But his element is the seed that sprouts and is birthed from Love, Passion, and Art. It's not Determination either since I kept pelting you with links to Undertale lol. But it is something that can coincide with that in order to follow through on the...blossom.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, EcchiMultiverse said:

I do not. Though I'm not saying there was someone within that influenced him to take the warpath route.

Gonna be honest with ya, Wonder Woman was the main inspiration to Marvelous Man other than my ex. He was originally gonna be called Wonder Man, but Marvel had dibs on that name. So I went with another positive adjective name, Marvelous. And yeah, it was a big coincidence with WW and MM XD

Yeah, Mana Stones are kinds like the Philosopher's Stone from Full Metal Alchemist. Except you have to fuse it to your body if you want the spell-enhancing effect.

It totes is~. And Sugar Skull is definitely aware of that consequence. But I think it showed in the pocket dimension diner talk that he'd rather have his friends and family safe first before thinking about how he gave the bad guy the upper hand. Especially with him giving the Skeleton Lord the correct directions to the Mana Stone located in Limbo. But since the Mana Stone in Limbo is in a time zone that would probably be as far back in the stone ages and the Skeleton Lord not aware of how Limbo works, it'll be awhile before he finds it. Skeleton Lord chasing the new MacGuffin was on purpose, so we could get some things established with the love triangle going on lol

That reminds me, I need to fix Chapter 1 sometime. Or maybe not. Haven't decided whether to fix that little spoiler or not. I highly doubt it, and you won't find it lol. But yeah, Compassion, Hope, and Trust are good guesses, but it's a bit more specific than that. Those are things that can...blossom from Love, Passion, and Art. But his element is the seed that sprouts and is birthed from Love, Passion, and Art. It's not Determination either since I kept pelting you with links to Undertale lol. But it is something that can coincide with that in order to follow through on the...blossom.

Actually I was thinking: Usually the warpath is do as much damage as you can and die in the heat of battle. However the Skeleton Lord chose to become immortal which goes against the suicidal tendencies that those kind of people have. Well ess he was cursed with immortality, which would be hell for someone who lost his whole family and wants to join them. =/ But i do believe that the Skeleton Lord chose it for himself and was not cursed with immortal life till Sugar Skull reversed his immortality to mortality again. (Though he can become so powerful that he seems immortal again even if he is still very much mortal. ^^; )

And your sure Wonder man is already a character in Marvel? ^^; I believe they used to have a Marvel Man in the old days. x3

Though it is so awesome that our dear MM is partially based upon WW. 83 <3 <3 It makes him so much more awesome than he already was. <3 <3

Wait! The story is also partially based on FMA? 8D <3

But weren't the philosopher stones in FMA also sort off like they had to be fused with a body (homunculi, in this case I believe)? =3 I am worried though, The Skeleton Lord is gonna get lut of Limbo stronger and with a larger army than ever. 8S;

And Sugar Skull is such a nice and sweet guy. <3 <3  I wonder what his name was before he died and became a ghoul. =3 <3 And what his life was like before that. ^^

Also: Just thinking but: why was Sugar Skull the only one to be reanimated by the Bruja? ^^;

Definitely looking forwards to see what you got next buddy. 83 <3 <3

And I dunnk, i mean at this chapter most people forgot what will be in the first one. x3

Also: Why do I suddenly get the feeling that creativeness/creativity might be Justice's divine element? x3 lol Oh well: We'll see in the near or far futjre I bet. xP lol

• Upvote 1