Raspberry Chronivac

whatizit

This is odd.

I don't remember creating this thread or posting to it. But it seems like I had set up an alert to let me know if anyone posted to it, so @ABSQRST's recent update suddenly brought this thread to my attention.

I have definitely never heard of this Chronivac thing but what's freaking me out is that I just started looking up some web links on the project and the URLs are showing up in my address bar as having been already previously visited by me!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ABSQRST said:

You've never heard of any of this????? 

Do you still have your raspberry pi????

I swear to you, I haven't even heard of a raspberry pi until 12 hours ago!!! It's very weird - I've just spent a lot of hours reading up on it and it sounds like something I would be very into, being a tech geek and all. I'm astonished how many books there are on about it for something I've never even heard of. Even more astonished when I found the ebooks about it already downloaded to my laptop.

I thought someone may have hacked into my account at first.

However, I have found the receipts for what looks to be raspberry pi components buried in my emails. And there are some packaging lying in my recyclables. They are dated within the last few weeks - I have no recollection of receiving them!

But there is no sign of a raspberry pi in my apartment.

• Upvote 2

That's weird, because I contacted you two days ago regarding making the Chronivac from the Raspberry Pi.  You sent me your notes regarding it, and it seems you were just about ready to test it.  I'll forward you the email you sent me about it, along with copies of your notes.

Though, you should know that it works.  It actually works, and I'm psyched!  I actually made the Raspberry Chronivac!  I tested it on my brother, who had a tattoo of his crazy ex-girlfriend's name on his shoulder that he wanted removed.  He couldn't afford the cost of the surgery, so I used the Chronivac to remove the tattoo and make him think he never got the tattoo in the first place.  Once I saw the results, I immediately used it to make my own changes.  Gone was the skinny 5'8", 130-pound 20-something who could pass for 15.  Now I'm 6'3 and 250 pounds of lean, ripped muscle.  Everyone who knows me thinks I was always athletic, preferring to lift for the sake of being huge and ripped than for any particular sport.  Plus, I kinda improved on my... equipment downstairs, if you catch my meaning.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

11 hours ago, whatizit said:

But there is no sign of a raspberry pi in my apartment.

Do you have roommates, live with family, have a nosy landlord? 

Someone could of got ahold of it and changed things so you don't remember?

And VRGoh that's amazing!!! Can't wait to try my own out now!!!

On 5/26/2017 at 6:09 AM, whatizit said:

So, are there any people here trying to follow muscletitanbeforephoto's guide to creating a Chronivac out of a Raspberry Pi?

Considering how his blog posts suddenly cut off just after his, er, extremely successful beta test and he seems to have completely lost interest in contributing to the community anymore - I think all the tech geeks here should pool our resources together to try and figure out the missing gaps in his how-to guide.

Anyway, I've gone ahead and purchased a Raspberry PI 3 Model B from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Model-A1-2GHz-64-bit-quad-core/dp/B01CD5VC92

I've just installed Raspbian - and as expected, it's running like a dream. 

I'm not looking forward to modifying the kernel the way muscletitanbeforephoto describes - but I've downloaded the kernel source code and added his patch - just running the unit tests as I type.

Of course, this is only the first step - but I'm a bit nervous about compiling a custom Linux kernel. I've never done it before.

Fingers crossed that it works right!

So, are there any other tech enthusiasts going to join in on the fun? :)

Feel free to post your ideas and experiences on this thread. 

I clicked on this link and it auto ordered some weird wifi usb car plug in and shipped it to my house...

9 hours ago, ABSQRST said:

Do you have roommates, live with family, have a nosy landlord? 

Someone could of got ahold of it and changed things so you don't remember?

And VRGoh that's amazing!!! Can't wait to try my own out now!!!

Hmmm.

I live by myself and the only person nearby I would trust sharing information about such a thing would be my best friend, Dean. He's like me - a complete tech geek and a bit of a social misfit.

I messaged him for his opinion on Raspberry Pis earlier and he too hadn't heard of such a thing. And he's much more of a nerd than I am with computers! It's beginning to sound like that what's affecting me, may have affected him too.

Come to think of it, it's very likely Dean and I may have been teaming up on this. I better ask him to check if he has a history of mysterious purchases within the last few weeks. It looks like I've spent about $480 dollars on various components and tech books.

Oh god! I just remembered something!!!

Damn it, I really hope I'm wrong or else Dean and I are in deep, deep shit.

I'll talk to you later guys - I really need to check up on something.

• Upvote 3

Shit.

I’ve just confirmed with Dean that he's completely skint too - he had been doing similar purchases. I can’t believe how reckless we were - we must have really thought we were close to a breakthrough.

Now we don’t have the cash to pay off the twins. We’re basically dead men walking. :(

• Upvote 2