The Adventures of Roswell

ploder4

NOTES:  This is a complete redo of the Close Encounter story I did a long while back and ran into a brick wall.  Now that I've had time to let the plot simmer in my head and some inspiration from an avatar I made in SL, I have something new.   I hope you all like it.

This is going to be numbered and written in a comic book kind of way.  Not formatted, just in concept and most likely still in development.  My hope is to have artists to draw the character and put him together visually.  I might use SL as well.  
Comments and suggestions welcome.  Enjoy.

ROSWELL - ISSUE 0  -- PART A
They are the people that come visit us every so often.  Sometimes appearing in massive triangular ships floating in the sky and then suddenly disappearing.  Others have seen these beings personally.  Some have had contact that was more than just face to face.  They are short, about half the height of an average human.  Their build is thin and frail looking but looks can be deceiving because their musculature is very pronounced for such a build.  Their heads are more than twice the size of the average human head with more size in the brain area.  The eyes are massive black orbs that seem to take up the majority of their face.  They have no nose but do posses nostrils.  Their mouth and jaw is much like their build, small and frail looking almost giving them a look of youth.  Their skin is grey looking much like that of a dolphin.  People have seen and described them as such.  Many ask "Why do they visit us?  Why do they experiment on us?  Are they invading our planet?  Is their planet made of green cheese?  Will they eat our brains?"  Our story begins with one such alien life form...

BIO LAB - PLANET OF "THE GREYS" (Currently unnamed)
A small group of the thin grey skinned life forms gather around the most recent group of cloning pods.  Some looking down solemnly.  
"The newest strands of DNA are failing.  We need to find more DNA from the original source."  One of them said telepathically to another.
"That batch was just gathered, how can it have degraded so fast?"  Another one said in return.  
Another grey from a nearby console answered with grave concern.  "It's our DNA.  The recent batch is still viable.  Ours is degrading with each new generation.  The cloning process we used for many generations is killing us.  Soon, our DNA will no longer be viable for reproduction even with helper DNA from other worlds.  We need to find another solution."
"One of our astronomers has found a planet along the 4th arm of this galaxy.  It's out in the distance but it's still reachable by our vessels range."  
"We should contact the Head of State and tell him we need another expedition.  We need this done before it's too late."  

CHAMBER OF THE HEAD OF STATE - PLANET OF "THE GREYS"
"I'm not certain how many generations we have left.  Some models have estimated that we could have as little as two left."  said one of the alien scientists standing before the head of state.
"We need you to commission another mission."  A second added.  
"Why would this mission prove more successful than previous ones?"  The Head of State questioned.
"There is intelligent life on this planet we found.  Our radio scopes have picked up transmissions of various types eminating from it."  One of the scientists spoke.
"Where is this planet?"  The Head of State asked.
"It is in the 4th arm of our galaxy closer to the end of that arm."  The scientist replied.
"Can our vessels go that far in hyperspace?"  The Head of State asked.  
"We can, if we use the dark matter trails."  Another scientist replied.
"We've had accidents using the dark matter trails."  The Head of State reminded.
"We believe we have a solution.  We need to use a smaller vessel.  The bigger vessels that we typically use cause too much friction against the dark matter.  Our engineers have finished designing a vessel that is capable and it is being constructed now.  It should be finished in a small amount of time."  a scientist replied back.  
"If we are to save ourselves then we must get the mission done.  Do what you must."  The scientists bowed slightly and turned to leave the chamber.   

SPACE DOCK - PLANET OF "THE GREYS"
"Who must go?"  The scientists looked at each other, all three of them looking hesitant.  After a brief pause one of them sighed slightly.   
"I will go."  I have designed a majority portion of the mission so it must be me.
There was no argument between them after it was decided, much to the volunteer's subdued dismay.  The volunteer entered the new vessel with no more words exchanged.  A few moments later the ship was powered up and ready to go.  Without a sound the ship levitated higher into the sky and as soon as it cleared the dock it coalesced into a point of light before zipping off in a blink of a human eye.  

THE VESSEL - OUTER SPACE
The volunteer sits in a command chair completely focused on the task at hand.  Getting through the dark matter trail to the final destination would be difficult, but if the data held up then the vessel would make it.  The trip would only take mere moments but it only takes the time within those moments to be in danger.  A button was pushed and the forward viewer flashed from the image of one space field to the image of a planet's horizon.  The vessel had come out of the trail too close to the planet and the volunteer was now in danger.  The data reflected back at him measured that he had hit a pocket of positive matter within the trail and the vessel dragged it a good distance before it broke off coming out of the trail.  The vessel was mostly disabled with the exception of a few attitude controls.  The volunteer was able to keep the vessel steady but could not prevent it from falling into the atmosphere.  The vessel continues to fall and the hull is beginning to heat up as it hits the upper atmosphere.

AIR BASE - LOCATION REDACTED
Several uniformed officers are gathered around a console in an operations room.  
"This blip came out of nowhere and from initial readings, it's nothing like we've seen before."  A soldier reported.
"What's it's trajectory?"  The commander queried.
"It's going to land somewhere in the New Mexico desert land.  Somewhere close to Roswell...  like last time."  The solider reported back.  
"Well then, like last time we should pick up this thing that's about to land.  Nice and quiet this time.  No one is to know."  The commander ordered.  "Now, Let's move!"  

THE VESSEL - IN ORBITAL DECLENSION
The vessels front end continued to heat up as it continues it's decent.  The volunteer makes a few adjustments to various controls only to have more warning lights appear on the consoles around him.  The only thing the volunteer can think of is if they can actually survive this crash.  The volunteer takes final measurements of the planet and it's atmosphere before the controls go dark.  The results flashed briefly but they confirm that the planet is ten times less dense than the one he came from.  The vessel rumbles and jerks violently before everything goes dark.  

>>>>>>>>>>  END OF LOG -- CONTINUE Y/N?

• Upvote 9

• 4 weeks later...