I enjoyed this story a lot! I liked the backstory of the incident and Hunter's history dealing with the hulk. I got to know just how much of an impact the hulks had to the world. Your description of the hulk's description is on point. I could imagine how devastating the rampage was and why hunters were needed. Your ability to write growth is always fantastic so no need to delve there. My only critique is for the scene at and after Ollie's hulk out. Hunter's a veteran hunter, having dealt with hundreds of hulks. It seemed strange to me that he wasn't able to come up with a game plan to counter Ollie's moves. Obviously, being held by monstrously strong hulk makes it difficult to escape, but after hundreds of encounters with hulks, I'd imagine Hunter had been in similar situations like this one. I think if there had been more of resistance by Hunter that would have made for a stronger ending when he does become a hulk himself. Still a great story and I can't to see what you write next!

• Upvote 2

I've been waiting so long for a new Jaypat story, and this one did not disappoint! You really did a good job of keeping us (me at least) guessing as just who were Hulks in the town. The fact that they could procreate just totally blew me away. By the end, I was waiting for Ollie's school friend, aka the first "Hulk created" Hulk to show up!  The way Ollie's family laid the trap for the Hunter was just brilliant. I could see him losing his wits when he's lost his element of surprise, and has had so many thought to be known facts blown out of the water, in addition to being held by the, by far, biggest, strongest Hulk he's ever faced. 

Awesome as always, Jaypat! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

• Upvote 3

Thanks everyone for all your support and comments.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:01 PM, londonboy said:

Well that certainly was very, very nice.  Thank you.  Superb - as always!

Coming from a talented writer such as yourself, that means a lot. Thanks.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:01 AM, arpeejay said:

Best. Hulk. Story. Ever.

I know a few people who would challenge that , but I'll accept the complement gladly. Thank you.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:29 AM, godofjurai said:

Don't ever stop writing jaypat! And don't make us wait so long for a new story. That was incredible! 

Thanks! Actually, I am working on a very long story at the moment. Can't quite say when it will be done, but hopefully soon.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:01 AM, Shade said:

Absolutely delicious, but I hope he watches out for those pesky truckers. :P

Yeah, I was kinda hoping someone would pick up on the reference. And if they did, they didn't say anything. :mellow:

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:18 AM, Bjort said:

Whew!  Gonna...need a...minute... RRRRAAARRRGH!!!  Thanks jaypat! 💪🏻

Hey, you're welcome! Take all the time you need. :D

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:08 AM, cutlerfan said:

Super! It was great to hear from the Hunter's point of view. This was a 'growing' mystery. Nice twists in plot! A great read!

Thanks. I tried not to make it too obvious, but in a short story with only a few characters, it's not always possible. Glad you enjoyed it, though.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:25 AM, pasidious said:

Wow.  Incredible.  I only got half way through and I had to stop.  I plan to continue later!  But still, WOW.

What do you mean you had to stop? I hope it was because your house was on fire, because I'm not sure I'd accept any other excuse... ;)

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:45 AM, Aratak said:

I honestly believed at some Point that the whole Town might be hulks 0.0 God that Story was Great. A tid Luke Sadows Over Insmouth but Way Hotter ! Keep writing <3

I have no idea what Luke Sadows Over Insmouth is, but I intend to find out.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:10 PM, TinyNico21 said:

Absolutely awesome !!!!!!!!! :o

Thank you so much Jaypat, you are so great... :wub:

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'm going to have to continue the responses in the next post as I can't quite from anything that's not on this page.

• Upvote 5

Ok, here's part 2 (of my responses). Ok, how many of you thought I meant part 2 of the story? Come one, admit it. I know there were 1 or 2 of you out there.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:44 PM, FerrenWolf said:

I enjoyed this story a lot! I liked the backstory of the incident and Hunter's history dealing with the hulk. I got to know just how much of an impact the hulks had to the world. Your description of the hulk's description is on point. I could imagine how devastating the rampage was and why hunters were needed. Your ability to write growth is always fantastic so no need to delve there. My only critique is for the scene at and after Ollie's hulk out. Hunter's a veteran hunter, having dealt with hundreds of hulks. It seemed strange to me that he wasn't able to come up with a game plan to counter Ollie's moves. Obviously, being held by monstrously strong hulk makes it difficult to escape, but after hundreds of encounters with hulks, I'd imagine Hunter had been in similar situations like this one. I think if there had been more of resistance by Hunter that would have made for a stronger ending when he does become a hulk himself. Still a great story and I can't to see what you write next!

Hunter had one strategy for being caught in a hulk's fist: don't do it. He's more of a Sam Spade type than a Rambo. He shows up after the fact, uses his deductive skills to figure out who the hulk is and tranks them before they know what hit them -- kinda like what he did with the Sheriff. He's been pretty successful with this method over the years, and he would have won here too if it weren't for Ollie, who, by everything he knew, shouldn't have existed.  Once a hulk grabs you it's pretty much game over -- unless you can think of a way of stopping a 4 ton behemoth from the strategic position of inside its fist.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:04 PM, asianman2410 said:

I love you Jaypat. Still a fan and ALWAYS will be a fan. Simply breath taking. I look forward to your next masterpiece. 

Thank you very much. I always appreciate hearing when people like my work. It fuels me.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:53 AM, Scriptboy said:

This is one intense Hulk story.... 

Thank you. I tired to keep the tension level high.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:42 AM, Lukullus said:

HOLY SHIT!!!! :o:o:o

I came THREE TIMES during this fucking hot story!

DAMN, you are amazing, Jaypat!!!! :wub:

Absolutely brilliant hulk story!

Well, thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it... three times!

15 hours ago, Kymuscleboy said:

I've been waiting so long for a new Jaypat story, and this one did not disappoint! You really did a good job of keeping us (me at least) guessing as just who were Hulks in the town. The fact that they could procreate just totally blew me away. By the end, I was waiting for Ollie's school friend, aka the first "Hulk created" Hulk to show up!  The way Ollie's family laid the trap for the Hunter was just brilliant. I could see him losing his wits when he's lost his element of surprise, and has had so many thought to be known facts blown out of the water, in addition to being held by the, by far, biggest, strongest Hulk he's ever faced. 

Awesome as always, Jaypat! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Thank you very much. I'm sure there will be other stories. This universe has a lot of potential.

• Upvote 1

You just know a story is good if it sticks in your head and refuses to leave no matter how many times you read and re-read it. That's exactly what happened to me! This piece absolutely, positively fabulous in every regard I can think of!

Anyway, I went and put together my interpretation of the Hulk Hunter himself! Here he is now:

Green_1.thumb.png.0cdcc37706a82dad1bbfc72e7a64c51c.png

Just in case anyone was wondering, I couldn't avoid making this PG-13. According to the story, hulk-dongs are so big that if this guy were as erect it'd take up all the space in the picture and I wasn't sure if I wanted that! :)

Thanks @Jaypat for letting me post this here!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1