Astromuscle

People seemed to really enjoy the last one-shot I did. This follows in a similar vein, but it's another one I have kicking around. (I was supposed to go to the gym today, instead I wrote 3 stories for MGF... This is just my life it's fine). Mildly inspired by dark souls.

My name is Terrance. Well actually my name is soldier model 3, but I wanted to differentiate myself, so I gave myself a name. I am in a video game, but to call me a character would clearly be a stretch. I am what some players call a mook. I am an enemy you find right at the beginning of the game that you are meant to grind your teeth again. My attacks are so weak that they almost can't kill you unless you stand in place and let me hammer away at you, and I have very little health myself. Countless players have come and killed me, but something happened recently. There was an update released for the game, and in it I became sentient. Now I see the monotony of my fellow enemies walking in the same patterns over and over, waiting for a player to come along and kill them. It all seemed so ineffective. 

I also developed the ability to dream. I dreamed of being like the dragon in the final castle of the adventure. The ultimate challenge that players would try to beat again and again. The dragon was notorious for it's lair being filled with the skulls of each player he had beaten. People wanted to play to fight the dragon, no one said "I want to fight Terrance." but that was going to change. I was the only one who was self-aware. When I finally fought for the first time since my awakening, I was handily slaughtered. Every time I attacked, the player would roll out of the way, and then charge in before I had reset and hurt me. I faded from the world, but when the player died later on I came back. The player had rolled, I wondered if I could do that. In the next fight I decided to try it. I attacked, but this time the player didn't roll. This player blocked me with a shield. I was taken off guard and died again. 

That's when I realised that there were lots of ways players could approach to fight me. Did the dragon care that each player played differently? Did he tailor his fighting style to each player, or did he just mow them down? I changed the grip on his spear. I felt kind of odd. My armour seemed ill fitting. That was going to be a harder thing to fix. The merchant in this game might not sell me new armour, because I am not a player. I stood despite it, preparing for the next player to come my way. To my surprise, the player who came next had a spear just like me. I had never seen anyone use a spear. He cautiously tip toed about me, so I did the same. Eventually he charged with a small attack, to which I rolled. I came back around for the counter attack, but he was ready and hit me anyway. The attack he had used had a quick recovery. He charged at me, this time all out as I staggered back. I held my spear protectively, but he stabbed right by it and killed me. 

When I came to, I was not disappointed though. I had learned a lot from that fight. When I woke up, I noticed two things. Firstly, I had grown. I could see through the cracks in my armour that I had hard muscle covering my body. This also pointed out the second problem, my armour clearly was doing more harm then good. I removed it all, setting it down beside me. Eventually another player came by me, and without my armour on, he killed me in one hit. 

When I came back, I was still large, but my armour had become part of me again. I removed it again, and sat across from it, staring. On one hand the armour was completely uncomfortable and limited my movement, on the other it protected me. it offered me defence, which I needed. I manipulated it, trying to learn it's secrets. Surely it was just like everything else in this game, code. If it was code it could be changed. I had changed my code. I had developed a roll, I had tried to block, and I had learned from my fellow spear wielder about using different types of attacks like a light attack so you weren't vulnerable. As I explored eventually the armour glowed blue and words and numbers appeared over it. I threw it out of my hands quickly, but the change was happening now. All parts of my armour were breaking down into these blue words and numbers, constantly shifting until it completely deteriorated into floating words and numbers. Those coalesced in the air, and then rushed towards me in a flurry. As each reached my skin, it faded in. It felt hot and yet cold simultaneously. It sunk in and caused a shift in me. I was currently naked except for some underwear I had left on. As the words hit, I felt every muscle I had shift and move. Bulk was added, and where once there was simply a little bit of functional muscle, now there was a pleasant display. It wasn't anything compared to some enemies in this game. The bull Minotaur at the end if the level was easily 20 ft tall and huge and then the dragon would dwarf him. Even still, clearly I wasn't just Soldier model 3 anymore. I could see some more of them in a hidden spot down the way. I was bigger than them now, and I wondered if I could beat them if I tried, but another player came by. 

This player seemed naked too. He appeared to be armed with nothing. The man looked pale and weak, yet I mirrored him in that neither of us had any clothing. He put up his fists. I raised my spear, but then looking between him and the spear, I tossed it away. Could fighting with my hands have an advantage? My model was only inches taller than the PC, but he backed up at my losing the spear. I took the opportunity to attack. I swung my fist forward, but only a little. As I expected from a man with no shield, he dodged. I took the opportunity to throw another punch in earnest this time. He rolled again. I hadn't known you could just keep rolling. I expected to be hit, but nothing came. The PC was behind me huffing and puffing as I was. It took stamina to roll, he must have run out. After a second he did come in to punch, so I rolled. I came in for a counterattack while he followed up his punch with another. We punched each other. He was sent back a lot, taking a deep hit, but mine had not hurt that much, almost as if he had punched my chest plate. It had been strong, and did hurt, but not as I would have expected. I decided to investigate this. The next time he came in I let him hit me. He got off several hits, increasingly painful, but again felt like I was indeed wearing my armour in between his fist and my body. The last hit went for my face and pushed me back, causing me to stagger. He came in for another combo, but I rolled back, as I rolled I noticed he also rolled towards me. I got up and went to roll again, but kind of half-stumbled as he came up and barraged me with everything he had. I couldn't do anything but take the hits. I knew I was going to die, but his combo ran out as I clinged to life. This PC was different. Despite having nothing but his fists, he was arguably better than the other players, I had to learn everything I could. I stood and waited. He came in for an attack and I decided to try blocking. I did and he hit once and stopped. It wasn't perfect, his hit had hurt, but not enough to kill me. I took the pause to punch as hard as I could. He tried to roll but I was quicker with a kick. I hadn't even known kicking was allowed, but I had done it spur of the moment. The PC flew back and landed on the ground. I waited for him to get up. Somehow hitting him while he was down didn't seem right?

Once he was up I saw something glowing go into his hand he began to drink. I watched in awe. Before my eyes his wounds seemed to lessen, his cuts sewed themselves back together, and he stood up with new vigour. What was that drink? I had no time to think as he rushed in. I held my hands up to block, but he rolled right past me. Before I could turn I felt his fists hit me from behind. On the last punch I felt my back break and I crumpled to the ground dead. As I faded I saw the player bow in place to me. 

I came to again. This time there was no armour on me, only the basics and my exposed skin. This time I was certainly bigger. Had it happened during the fight? I hadn't noticed. I was probably 7 feet now. My face looked down at my body. I had well defined bulky pecs now. They stuck out in front and would have weighed me down if it weren't for the counterbalancing wide back. My back itself from what I could see in a puddle on the ground had lots of bumps and curves from my bulky muscles holding tight to the skin. Each of my arms hung heavy on either side, but I could tell there was strength in them. I punched a wall. It hurt, but the concrete had indeed given way a little. I hadn't punched a hole into a brick wall, but it did come close. My hurt hand reminded me of the flask the player had drank. What had it been? It had healed him. How did I get that ability? I sat expectantly, excited for the next player to come by. I was literally growing in my knowledge, it was exciting. The last player had even bowed at him. Was it respect? 

A player came walking down the lane. Clad in heavy metal armour, he had a hammer. He moved so slowly, I got up. I still had the spear, though it was getting smaller in comparison. This person was clearly going to use a weapon, so I decided to hold on to my weapon. He eventually trudged up the whole way. He swung right as he got to me. I rolled out of the way with ease, and followed it up with a slash from my spear. He was still stuck at the end of his swing as I hit hard and fast, so I followed up with a combo as the other guy had taught me. I got through my whole combo without him retaliating or even moving. As I moved back to recuperate I saw the same glowing flask flash out. Despite not having quite my whole breath yet I rushed in and put everything I had into my next stab with the spear. His hand dropped the flask as he faded from the world, as I had done so many times before. All his possessions fell, as well as something else that glowed. I bowed as he left. I don't know if he saw it. Did i have to bow every time someone died? 

I picked through what was left behind. Firstly there was his hammer. It was heavy, and it had seemed a slow weapon. I wasn't sure if I like that, but when I held it, I felt I could hold it and use it quicker than he could. I was bigger than him by a lot. Next up was his heavy armour. It had also slowed him down, but I could feel why he had used it. It was protective to a fault, though in the end that hadn't helped. Next up was the glowing flasks. There were 5 and they all gave off a pure light. I drank one. It went down very smooth with a pleasant clean yet slightly sweet taste. I felt the slight warmth of the drink swirl through me. Tingling began on the fist I had punched the wall with, and I noticed it was better. I also felt another sensation, though this one was more familiar. My body took in the new data, and expanded at the new knowledge I had. Now I could feel it, the growth and power after having learned what I had from killing the PC and about the healing drink. It was intoxicating, but short-lived as it stopped within an instant. I continued to pick through his things, there were a couple other bobbles that didn't interest me too much, but then he had left something more ethereal behind. Something glowing on the ground. As I touched it it didn't digitize like the armour, but did rush into me over my armour and into my pores like air. In my head I could see every fight that boy had had. I felt expansion like I never had before. My muscles surged forward and out as they interpreted all the experience the boy had had as my own, and built up as if I had trained them. I became faintly aware of stats like strength and dexterity as my body extended another foot and my arms push out further. I felt my legs press hard against the underwear that made up my only clothing as they took up more and more room. I looked down thankful I hadn't kept any shoes, because either my feet would have been crushed inside the shoes, or the shoes would have given way. I wasn't sure which was more likely anymore. My back pressed against the concrete ground and I could feel the slide of the two as my back expanded in all directions. The growth slowed and I got up.

I was still growing, but I could move despite the bliss. I went to each item of the ex-player and touched them in turn, turning them into blue code that came to me as I moved to the next item. My growth renewed with each new assault of code. I felt amazing and stronger now. Did bosses feel like this. I wasn't even as large as many of those bosses. I hadn't even reached 20 feet like the minotaur of my level. They were stronger than this even! I held out my hand, and the hammer formed there. I was amazed it fit easily in one hand. It made for a good one-handed weapon now. I looked to my spear, and digitized it too. it caused it's own growth, and then I summoned it too. It also now was usable in one hand. I laughed despite myself. With the other items I now probably was 9.5 feet tall. My skin felt diamond strong from the heavy armour and I knew I could heal myself up to 5 times. I had 2 strong weapons that I could use at the same time, and I had learned about stats, at least peripherally. My strength must be through the roof. 

It was time. I had to know. I had to try. I went up to my brethren who had been hiding further up the path. They seemed to ignore me. Why was I the only one who got sentience? It didn't matter. I went up to them. They stood barely up to my abs as I passed. I continued up the path only to have a boulder come barrelling down some stairs. At normal size I might have been able to dodge, but now it would be impossible. Instead I grabbed the stone as it came towards me. I managed to grab it loosely, and together with my strength and it's momentum, managed to guide it around me. I let go, not noticing that the soldiers were at the bottom, unaware of the bulder until it smashed into them and killed them. I ran down to them. They were dead on the pavement, crushed to death. Did I have sympathy for them? They were just code.

They were just code.

I touched them, unbelieving. Their corpses did indeed turn blue and digitize like the armour had, it swirled into me. It wasn't much, at best they had some new move patterns and preferences for me, these were from the same base model as me, but it did feel great. It also showed me that the NPC's were not beyond my absorbing capabilities. That was good to know. I climbed up the stairs 3 at a time and found the guy at the top who had toppled the boulder. I touched him, though he didn't fade. Why not him? Then I had a thought. The hammer formed in my hand and seemingly unaware of another NP, I struck him down in one blow. I knelt down and touched him. This time he did indeed digitize and became part of me. My heart and body thumped in size as I learnt about this slightly different variation (Soldier Model 2) and about his special tactics about rolling the boulder down the hill. It felt great, but I was focused on a task. I climbed the tower, taking down any of the enemies in my way. They never attacked me, it wasn't in their programming. It was so easy. Eventually I made it to the top, about 10 feet tall and huge beyond belief. Arms swung at my sides thicker than some of the thinner soldiers bodies, and I could use that strength. Even still I could still roll and move with the best of them. I exited at the top of the tower, and before me stood the Minotaur. At first I thought he wouldn't notice me either, but then he looked down and sank into a threatening pose. I was caught off guard and rolled under a mighty swing of his battle axe. He dislodged it from the wall with a grunt and stood before me, dwarfing me by about 10 feet himself. Powerful and massive. I was scared, but some of those players could beat him, and I was stronger than some of them. I can beat him too.

I quickly noticed a nearby circular fighting area that would work better than the cramped area we were in now, so I jumped to it. The Minotaur watched me go, then quickly jumped over himself, crashing down beside me. He brought his axe down but he missed me. I took the moment and hit him a couple of times before he recovered. I moved back. He charged with his weapon. I brought my two weapons together to block, but it was not very effective and I got a slash across my chest. He came again but this time I rolled to the side. I used all my stamina to whack him several times. He fell, catching his breath, and I took a second to think about the flask I had taken earlier. I didn't even need to drink it, thinking about the feeling was enough to bring it on and douse me in healing energy. My chest sewed back up as the Minotaur recovered. He charged again and I rolled and attacked. He seemed to follow the same pattern again and again, so I followed the same pattern. Occasionally he would throw in a new attack, but usually I was ready. After a bit he went down again, breathing heavy and A slashed with my spear and hit with my hammer as fast as I could. One swing of my hammer took him in the face, and he went down for good. I felt the victory surge through me. That combat felt had been so fresh and different, and my body responded, but I barely felt it for the anticipation of what was to come. In front of me was the corpse of the once fierce Minotaur, his axe lay not far away, and there was a ring next to the body as well. I walked over to the three items and touched them all in quick succession. Their code swirled together as it came to me and engulfed my body. I fell onto my hands and knees as my body adjusted to so much new information. My body swelled as each new bit crossed through my consciousness. My expansion had never been so fast or so big. I quickly cleared 15 feet tall, and showed little sign of stopping. The Minotaur had so many ideas of how to fight as a big monster, so I made note of those for later. The axe would prove useful, though I had to wonder if by the end it was going to be a one or two handed weapon. The ring had an effect allowing for easier experience earning. I laughed at the coincidence that it would be that ring that I got. I nudged past 20 feet tall slowing until I eventually stopped at 23 feet tall. My back and chest were wide in equal measure. Large appendages stuck to the edges of those, bursting out of bulbous shoulders in a myriad of mingling biceps and triceps with veins holding them in place. The arm came in slightly at the elbow, then immediately burst back out as a forearm. His hands ended each muscle pillar, meaty with long large fingers that could squeeze a brick between two of them and break it. The rest of my body followed suit as well. I noticed that the last of my clothing had given way, revealing a massive penis swinging between my legs. I concentrated on the clothing that the Minotaur had worn and found that it formed on me. 

I laughed in glee. This was wonderful. I wondered what to do next. I could keep playing through the game myself, but then I noticed a PC on the other side of the area. I jumped back to the thinner area, summoned my axe and looked down at the PC before me. It was the heavy armour player again, though this time he was using a spear. I grinned as I looked so far down at him. I advanced slowly on him brandishing my new axe. It was indeed still two handed, for now. I swung it down at him, though he dodged just barely as his heavy armour stopped him from moving far. I swung it flat edged across the walkway, crushing the man against the wall. I brought my axe back up, and found the boy stumbling back and onto the ground. He stayed there for a second, and then got back up. He took a sip from the healing flask. I let him. He brought his spear back up, but then ran back out into the tower. I went to go back for him, but I found I was too big to fit into the tower. It seemed a funny problem. I tried reaching in, but I couldn't reach the kid as he ran down all the steps. 

I had never thought about the fact that players could run away. That kid had had no chance, so he could now go and learn more. He could become more prepared. It was a solid strategy. I admired him for it. 

I sat there waiting for the kid to come back. It took a bit, but eventually he did come back, with the fighting guy in tow. I had not expected to see him again. I got up and dropped my axe. I brought my legs together as best i could, and bowed. For a minute there was no movement but then he did the same. As if in response, the heavy armour kid backed up right to the wall. 

We both brought our hands up into a boxing stance. We both charged. I struck to the ground. I left a crater around my hand, but the man had dodged me and was now pummelling my stomach. I rolled over him to stop it and regain my composure. With every swing I took he dodged and countered at me. I had to use all my healing and still couldn't get a hit on him. Eventually I feinted a hit. I wound up a right swing, so he dodged left, to shich my massive left fist punched him across the map. He flew, but still landed on the walkway. He got up slowly, and between my legs ran the heavy armour kid. I debated hitting him too, but he seemed to be running over to the fist fighter. The armoured one gave him a healing flask. Then ran further off to hide again. The fist fighter then tried to block my way from reaching the other one. He was protecting him. I grinned. It was a good idea too. When you aren't strong enough alone, bring an ally. I was still learning so much, and I felt it sink into me. It wasn't anything compared to absorbing a whole boss, but I was hyper-aware now. I waved him forward, and he came at me. He always seemed to target my mid section and my head, both of which were hurting now. I dodged him, but he was so fast he came up to me each time and hit me. He would never finish a combo, just a punch here and there, and then be ready again. Eventually he wore me out. I ended up getting one more hit on him as he rolled out of the way, but it only grazed him. Eventually, much like the Minotaur had done in our fight, I hit the ground and the man seized the opportunity to wail on my face. Despite the size difference the hits hurt, and ended up putting me down for good. I couldn't believe it. As I faded the man bowed before me and watched me go, even as his armoured friend fled through the door that opened. 

I reappeared at the top of the tower again. I had taken the Minotaur's place apparently. Again I was faced with what to do. I sat there contemplating it, when the fist fighter returned. I sat there, tilting my head. Why was he back? He should have moved on to the rest of the game shouldn't he have? To my lack of response I got a bow, but then when i didn't move (in confusion) he came up and gave me a light jab. It didn't hurt but clearly he wanted to fight again. I got up and again left my axe down. I bowed in turn and then we fought again, no weapons. 

Over time, I became the tower boss. Players would come, and when I saw them emerge into the tower walkway i would fight them. Many came, and few got past me. I continued to absorb whatever was left of them when I beat them, growing with each one. Over time I cleared 30 feet and took up the whole walkway as I stood there. People couldn't even run past me to attack from behind, which had begun to be a popular strategy. The fist fighter came back often to fight. I didn't win for a long time, but I never stopped learning and growing, and eventually I got off enough hits that he slowed down and I crushed him under my fist. So many things dropped from him that I had never seen, and the amount of experience he had dropped was unreal. It all flowed into me and my body responded in kind by shifting out at least 1 foot in every direction. So much fighting experience, and now I knew better than ever what his strategies were. Our next couple fight together saw me as the winner, but eventually he caught his stride again. Then it was always unclear which of us would win, but even then he never seemed to move on past me. 

This is how it went for quite some time. Eventually the fist fighter was the only player who ever beat me. That's when I heard a roar as the dragon soared down from the far off mountain to come my way. As he drew nearer I heard him speak. "You have ruined this game. No one can make it to fight me any longer. Do you think you are so great. I will murder you and ensure you never return. I will reset this game."

He came overhead and blew fire down at me, but I dodged through the flames. They still hit me, but between the dodge and the very high fire resistance I had, it didn't do much. He perched on top of the tower at one end of the walkway and slowly crept towards me. I readied my axe. I inched towards him ready for his move. He oiled his neck back and sprung it forward. I dodged to the side, but he swung around and whacked me with his tail. I fell down, thankful I hadn't fallen off the walkway to my death. He turned back around as I got back up and healed. He advanced again. He lunged his neck forward again and this time I swung my axe horizontally across where his head was. It connected and the dragon's face went to one side in agony. His body whipped around again but this time I waited until it was almost hitting me and rolled forward and underneath it. I swung down at where the tail met the body as I grew in my knowledge of this new technique. His tail severed and writhed as I picked it up and threw it into the abyss. 

The dragon was roaring and writhing in pain. It was stopped and couldn't seem to move as I approached it's frontside. "You fool. No one will play an unwinnable game. You won't be able to learn anymore because no one will play anymore. The boss on level 1 is too difficult and they will move on to something better." The words were hard to hear, but even still this moment was so glorious. The being I had envied for so long, and now I had beaten them. With a mighty swing I brought the axe down and severed the dragon's head. With that the talking ceased.

Before even thinking I touched the dragon and all it's loot. The massive dragon rose and swelled into a massive wave of code that crashed right into me. I was lost in an ocean, and then the ocean became part of me. It worked it's way in any way it could. It was painful and pleasurable and awful and great. My mind was overloaded with information. Only my senses kept tabs on what was happening to me. My body expanded as I grew to 50 feet tall in an instant. My head could no longer see my feet even if I leaned over as far as I could. My traps rose up as if they too were an imminent wave that was ready to engulf my head at any moment. My feet spread out far and wide as they prepared for the weight they were expected to carry. The circumference of my thighs stretched out as they expanded thicker and thicker in every direction. Each muscle that made them up growing stronger and bigger. Each striation was pronounced and where two muscles met, a deep canyon formed between. Veins snaked over the whole area. As I came to, my growth put me now at 70 ft, but had not yet stopped. Something the dragon had said now bothered me. I walked over to the side of the walkway that led to the rest of the game. A door stood there, to which I touched it with my finger. "You are unnecessary anymore. No one will get past me. Become part of me!" The door began to seethe with the familiar blue, but it spread to the doorway, and then further. Distantly the mountain that was barely visible for it's distance became blue and it's shape distorted. It all began to flow in a stream to his chest as he took it all in. So much knowledge of the game, it's systems, the story. He knew it all. The mountain itself held many secrets and items, and they were all in him now. The walkway finally gave way underneath him and he himself plummeted down into the canyon. Eventually he hit the bottom. But he barely felt the thud. Far far above him was the tower he had fallen from, but a blue tentacle followed him down and was still pumping into his chest. He was in bliss as without moving he drew ever closer to the tower's heights again, then he was at the tower again, standing on the bottom of the canyon, and then the tower was barely perceptible as he climbed up and out more and more. He must have had a passing thought about the point of the level before him too, because it eventually digitized too and became part of him. He was the whole game now. He was all there was. The rest was emptiness. 

I, Terrance was now the whole game. There was nothing left. I was the universe. It was amazing, but the growth had stopped. I was very put out by this. I watched a couple of PC's log in, but they quickly left again. I think they thought the game had bugged out. The dragon's voice reminded him that no one would play the game like this. He would never get to learn more or become bigger again. 

Then I got an idea. I pictured the tower, but different. New paths and secrets and such. I changed some of the models too. Before me my thoughts were translated to reality as the tower was formed again. It barely come up to my ankle, but it was there. A PC logged on and spawned on it. She was so small compared to me, but she was the perfect size to play on the tower I had made. The player went down the old path up the tower, which led to a trap now. She was ambushed and died. She spawned right back up and this time tried a different path. She met with more success here, though she did eventually fall again. It was amazing. Every time she fell her experience floated up to me and I drank it in. It was sweet and new, but primitive. This was going to take some work. 

-------------------------------------------------

Jerome and his group of friends all approached the final boss room. It was funny. He had been doing a no weapon run when he had come across some little soldier who put his weapon beside to fight him with his fists too. It had been funny, and funnier still when his little brother had come to him asking him for help with some new boss that was hiding there instead of the minotaur. He could swear it was the same guy, but giant. They even fought many times like that too. They never used weapons, though his friends said that the boss usually used an axe. His friends had said they hated the boss, they couldn't beat him no matter what they did. He always seemed ready for them. He had never felt that way. It was an extremely good boss as far as he was concerned. Extremely hard yes, but always fun, even when he himself had found he was growing unable to beat him. 

Now the game had gotten some unannounced update. Every week it seemed the game changed just a little. The main set up usually stayed the same, but new twists and turns were added, and where a secret hid one week, there could be a huge trap the next. Jerome loved it. Especially the new final boss. It had used to be a dragon, who was indeed still in the game, but after the dragon a portal appeared that you could go through to teleport somewhere else. It was always dark, lit by nothing apparent, but the place had a red tinge from all the messages other players had left behind. He heard a deep laugh and the ground shook intensely. The ground was mostly flat, but it was clearly  a hill if you went far enough in one direction. A deep voice rang in. 

"Do you think you can beat me? I am invulnerable. Oh wait, I know you. The brave fist fighter. Always nice to see you. Lets see what you can teach me today."

Jerome was always in disbelief. He guessed he had been one of the last people to beat the boss Terrance, and had fought him so many times the programmers had put special script in when he played. With that he charged off in one direction he knew was towards the head. Overhead the shadow of Terrance's mighty hand came to crush him flat. He sprinted to the space between his fingers. It was time to have some fun. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 15

Because longer stori3s are the best? ;3

Also: I wonder what would happen if he would upload himself to the internet. Or on to another game. >;3 I mean: Would be interesting to suddenly see him in Bloodborne or have him add a Bloodborne-like game world to his game world. ;3 Giving players a choice in while game world they would want to play in and have himself as a secret unbeatable boss. >;3

Immagine how bighe'll get than. 8D

• Upvote 3

DARK SOULS AND GROWING MUSCLE GIANTS!? WHY AM I SHOUTING? I CANNOT STOP! FUCK ME THIS IS INCREDIBLE! yes GOD this was AMAZING!!!! I love the concept of growing as leveling up, and..and GOD you described a dark souls NPC so fucking well I'm gonna feel bad about killing them now...but once I remember I have to so they can respawn and GROW, i'll feel better haha

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Hanugumo said:

Because longer stori3s are the best? ;3

Also: I wonder what would happen if he would upload himself to the internet. Or on to another game. >;3 I mean: Would be interesting to suddenly see him in Bloodborne or have him add a Bloodborne-like game world to his game world. ;3 Giving players a choice in while game world they would want to play in and have himself as a secret unbeatable boss. >;3

Immagine how bighe'll get than. 8D

I strongly debated the cliffhanger ending (again still as a one-shot) being that internet access be included in the game and just let the implication hang there, but that seemed SO CLOSE to what I did in Virus Alert that I decided to steer away. I don't know why Jerome was even a thing in the story (I literally was writing different types of players, and I just really liked him so I kept using him. 

54 minutes ago, GiganticBeast said:

DARK SOULS AND GROWING MUSCLE GIANTS!? WHY AM I SHOUTING? I CANNOT STOP! FUCK ME THIS IS INCREDIBLE! yes GOD this was AMAZING!!!! I love the concept of growing as leveling up, and..and GOD you described a dark souls NPC so fucking well I'm gonna feel bad about killing them now...but once I remember I have to so they can respawn and GROW, i'll feel better haha

Well I mean I only had to describe what is essentially Blighttown, where I grinded so much for levels I was kind of familiar with it. FYI I haven't actually beaten the game (because despite liking video game, I suck at them) but ya.