A Late Growthspurt

mondaidaka

I regretted not peeing at the bar immediately after leaving. It was a just bit too late in fall for only wearing a hoodie. But I was already almost to the apartment. I could make it in time. I started jogging a bit breaking out occasionally into a run. At least it warmed me up if it didn’t really make the trip much shorter. I tried to not think about needing to use the bathroom. Almost there. Skipping up the steps and jogging thru the door.

"Hey Steve. I’m home … ".

Just as I strode thru the front door, I tripped on something, awkwardly falling down onto the floor. I was right in front of and at face level with a pair of my roommate’s adidas. Fairly new but quickly worn and stretched out. Mud on the bottom and the smell of the gym he goes to. What did I trip over? The culprits - a large pair of clean, red New Balance shoes. I fucking told him to not leave shoes right in front of the door.

“Hey asshole! You left your shoes out again!”. I picked up myself up and kicked them off to the side of the entrance. No response. They felt heavy. These weren’t Steve’s, were they? They were brand new. Those addidas were from his recent, freak growth spurt, but these were really new. You could practically smell the shoe store on them. Man, the looked large. God he’s 26. A bit younger than me. What is he doing having a growth spurt anyway.

I pulled off my own shoes next to his. A knot formed in my dry throat. His stuck out past mine. Larger and wider. I’m not that much smaller than him when we stand side by side. No, I was dizzy from the fall. Better keep his and my shoes apart from each other.

An urge reminded me that I still needed to pee. Shit. I jogged thru the kitchen, where he had stacked multiple pizza boxes he hadn't cleaned up, to the bathroom. And of course. The shower was running. He always takes forever in the shower. God dammit. “Hey, can I come in? I really have to use the bathroom, man.”

“I’ll be out in a second.” He sounded more frustrated than annoyed.

“Fuck no. Dude I really have to pee. Just stay in the shower.” I shoved the door open. The small bathroom was dripping humidity. A fog rolling over the shower curtain.  I went straight for the toilet. God it felt good, feeling relieved after holding it in so long.

“Dude, get out! Please.”

“Sorry man. I had to. I’ll get out as soon as I can. I promise. Serious.” All along the floor his clothes were strewn. Cheap, soft grey sweatpants and an undershirt - his recent apartment uniform. And a pair of white briefs? He was wearing briefs now? No wonder he was embarrassed and frustrated with the ladies. 

The sound of my peeing was so loud I was sure he could hear it in the shower. At least he knew how seriously I needed it. Yeah, I had had a couple of beers. It felt so good to get that out.  Done. I flushed and tip-toed past his clothes to the sink to wash my hands. On the sink was an open notebook and my cloth measuring tape I thought I had lost. The shower turned off.

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, Muscleblob said:

we seem to be missing something like this was the middle of a story but I like the casual nature of the story :D

He'll probably gonna add a flashback later to tell what happened during his first late growth spurt. ^^

I can't wait until the roommate gets out of the shower! I also hope there's a flashback to the first growth spurt too. Awesome story, I just wish there was more of it!

• Upvote 1