71 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a blog function?

• Yes (I'd post)
    • Yes (I'd read)
    • Maybe
    • No
    • I don't like this feature

6 hours ago, flamedelft said:

Each member (or members belonging to some group) could start their own blog (or blogs) which can be read by people designated by the creator/everyone.

"Read by people designated by the creator"  ... This sounds like the formation of cliques, thus undercutting the open, public nature of MG.

I'm presuming that "everyone" is misplaced. Thus the grammatically correct phrasing seems as though it should be "read by some people or by everyone as designated by the creator." 

Why do that? Why divide rather than unite? Don't walls and barriers keep people out? Why deter new people from joining? Why make obstacles for them? Why alienate and disaffect people who are already members of the group?  If someone doesn't like the group, why shouldn't he simply leave it and start his own? Then he can be as private, exclusive and selective as he wants.

The consolidation of separate threads is already possible on the current forum.

Good! I'm glad to know this. The obvious follow-up is: Why doesn't someone do this? Why doesn't someone make MG look sleeker and function more sleekly?  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Travis said:

Good! I'm glad to know this. The obvious follow-up is: Why doesn't someone do this? Why doesn't someone make MG look sleeker and function more sleekly?  

I guess because no one thought of it before or it wasn't/isn't a high priority thing. If you contact a mod or and admin, they may take up your suggestion.

Why do that? Why divide rather than unite? Don't walls and barriers keep people out? Why deter new people from joining? Why make obstacles for them? Why alienate and disaffect people who are already members of the group?  If someone doesn't like the group, why shouldn't he simply leave it and start his own? Then he can be as private, exclusive and selective as he wants.

I don't think I understand your point of view here, I don't see it as dividing/alienating feature.

Because they're different. Stories are usually written by one author (with some exceptions), and 'polished'. Roleplay transcripts are usually written by two people (the roleplayers), and they can contain things like timestamps and usernames.

Perhaps not so different as you claim.

First, they are both fictions. They have that in common.  Commonalities are always more important than differences. Commonalities are what build communities.

And as you write, some stories have more than one author.  Also, effectively, role-plays have one author: the poster.

Why do timestamps and user names matter?  Probably the don't. Anyway, stories contain the equivalent: now, then, on Thursday, last week, etc.. And characters have names too, their "user names" if you will. as created by writers. Thus, readers know what Humbert Humbert said, and what he did.  HH is Nabokov's user name for the character. There are currently -- in the greater world, not this forum -- stories that are written and presented as a series of Twitter posts, or as an exchange of emails.  At their core, these are very similar to theatrical plays.   And movies, consider the movie Her. Isn't role-play one way to gain insight into that film? 

1. I feel that it's hard to discuss about blog without knowing how the feature would be implemented into the existing site ? What form will it take on within the site? Is it an extra tab on your profile where you can make posts and people reply to it(mini blogspot within the site)? A forum sub section, where threads are individual blogs? Or would it look/function differently?

2. Whatever form this blog feature would take, my guess is that the people who would use this feature are Content creators (writers, artists, animators, photographers, or user who just wanna share their training, muscle growth journey updates, (NSFW) videos of flexing/worship/etc.)

3. This format would help put all the contents(from cross medium, like galleries photos and written stories) from one creator 'under one roof', and helps other users to access those contents more quickly and post their responses easily, without the need to search through forums/gallery/posts/threads.  This would enable the content creators to keep track and be aware of the attention and responses for their works more easily. I think this feature would benefits these type of users the most. 

4. If what I'm speculating so far is correct, the questions then becomes how many of the users here are and likely to become Content creators and are interested in ACTIVELY using this feature, and will this assist them in helping them better gaining of audience? Would this feature allow users to follow the creators they love? Would this encourage more users to start creating content themselves? Would people stick to this for long(uptake)?

5. As for the big picture, if this blog feature is added, does this add or remove any of the existing functionalities of the forum? Are the gonna be changes to how the forum works to remove redundancies? How helpful is this new setup to growing the MGF community as a whole? Would this bring about more content, more conversation, more interactions? Besides just mere posting and replying threads?

Final words. I wanted to reply earlier but I wanted to gather my thoughts first. I really love the idea, I think it might be helpful for me, and it might give me the encouragement I need to do more muscle related art. Apologies if I have opened up more messy questions instead of answering. I hope this post helps. 

• Upvote 2

Guys, a blog entry is almost like a discussion thread where one person makes an entry in his blog page and others can reply or respond to it and their posts appear under the main blog posting for that day. That's ALL there is to it. No big deal. This feature is used on my other forum.

It will just be an additional feature, NOTHING MORE. Nothing else will change to this forum.

THIS is my blog page on the roleplay forum. This forum uses the same software as this one.

http://www.roleplayer-forum.com/blogs/blog/1-scriptboys-blog/

• Upvote 3

I like the idea of a blog as one option people could choose for writing episodic stories. There are already some stories written in the first person, they might work well in this format.

• Upvote 1

I personally love the idea of having a blog space on here. I would post in the spot as well as watch/read what others post if allowed.

• Upvote 1

I'd personally love a blog feature. Having an online journal where I can feel comfortable talking about muscle and getting bigger could definitely give me a confidence boost, especially of there are others with similar goals cheering me on!

• Upvote 2

I have to admit, when I first saw the blog suggestion, I wasn't sure how exactly it would work. Scriptboy's link has cleared it up for me a little (thanks for that!) but I'm still curious: I can see how a blog would work as a "Here's a quick update about me" feature, but content of real value would still be posted on the main site, right?

I'm referring principally to stories, as writing is my main interest on this site. I like posting/reading stories in the 'Story' section, where they're all together. If I posted a story on my blog, rather than in the 'Story' section, would I be limiting its exposure? (Not that my stories are art and deserve to be viewed by millions, lol.) Also, wouldn't it be harder to find stories if they're posted on people's blogs rather than in the 'Story' section? 

I'm probably overthinking this...

• Upvote 2