• Announcements

• CMiller

Help contribute, donate via PayPal or join with a monthly Patreon contribution.   01/01/17

To help raise funds I've introduced a monthly contribution option called Pateron. This service allows you to pledge a monthly contribution plus allows me to offer you some rewards for your contribution. If you have any questions you may PM me. If you'd like to make that contribution please click on the image below:      
    • CMiller

NEWS: Discord Server & Clubs (aka Groups) are back!   08/19/17

Hello everyone I'm back with a couple big updates! Firstly we now have a Discord server, this is a real-time chat messaging client you can run on your phone, desktop, or anywhere. It's a pretty powerful desktop application that enables people to chat together, and with multiple channels you can find people interested in what you're interested in. If you don't already have a Discord account it's pretty easy to get one, just click the following invite link to get started: https://discord.gg/U93PYnB Secondly I'm proud to announce the return of Groups, it's been renamed to Clubs and is now available here: https://muscle-growth.org/clubs/. This system is entirely user generated and allows users to create groups of their own based on any subject they want. Go ahead and try it now, visit the link above to get started if you want to create or join a group!   As always thank you to all of our donators and Patreon contributors who keep the forums going! 

Hialmar    502

Interesting article. As a Northern European, I am always slightly confused by how the word 'liberal' is used in the USA. It seems to mean something rather different, than it does in my part of the world, but, to be clear, the word liberal might actually mean three different things in my surroundings.

In the past, liberal could be used synonymously with open minded in general, but this use of the word is quickly becoming obsolete.

The most common use of the word Liberal here, is to describe someone who want the financial market to be entirely deregulated, want schools, hospitals and care homes to be predominantly a matter of private companies, and is an adherent of the Austrian school of economics. The favourite author of a famous Swedish Liberal politician is Ayn Rand. The Swedish parliament has two Liberal parties and one party which adheres to a mix of Conservatism and Liberalism. This type of Liberal is usually vaguely aware of Adam Smith (1723-1790).

A third type of Liberal is someone who is focusing on the maintenance of freedom of press, freedom of speech, freedom of association and religious liberty, and who is convinced, that well-functioning social security is necessary, in order to make capitalism work. This type of Liberal is usually inspired by the thinking of John Locke (1632-1704) and John Stuart Mill (1806-1873.

The milieu described in the article bring one of my (still unfinished) Muscle Growth Stories to mind: With a little help from magic. If anyone happens to have not read it already, I put a link here.

https://muscle-growth.org/topic/7118-with-a-little-help-from-magic-chapter-one/

• Upvote 1

coolcatdaddy    162

Trying to leave politics out of this, as per the guidelines, but I will say I've seen more LGBTs in the US concerned about their safety over the past few months.

I live in the South and there's definitely a kind of unease and tension here among minorities and LGBTs I haven't really seen since the 1980s.  A couple of gay men I've known for some time have suddenly decided to get training and purchase a handgun for self-defense; some others are taking self-defense classes or setting up security cameras around their property for the first time.

With all the progress nationally in the US over the past few years, I think it's easy to forget that violence against LGBTs was always there, underneath the surface.  It's simply become more widespread and tacitly encouraged since January.

Last Fall, before the election, a local Pride event received credible threats of violence from members of a local extremist group.  The police took it seriously and nothing happened except about a half-dozen protestors with Confederate and "Don't Tread on Me" flags.  Since that time, the extremist group has become more visible and has increased their membership - we all need to be more careful and aware at this year's event.

• Thanks 1