Dad's Lost Glory Years (Updated MAY 26: CH 20)

dredlifter

13 hours ago, mango said:

Now , I am finding more about More of your article ,  I have become your big fan .

Thank you so much!  ^_^ Those are very kind words.  I hope to write some more stories in the future as well.   

Good luck with your English learning!  

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, mango said:

I love this novel so much
Can I translate it into Chinese and publish it on a BBS in Taiwan?
I'll label the source and the author's name

Sure man!  Go ahead.  I'm glad you like it that much you want to translate it.  Enjoy!

• Upvote 2

• 11 months later...

Dang. Was sad to come to the end of this one. This was just incredible. As someone who’s more into the gts/fmg side of things the only box this story didn’t tick for me was that Chad was a father and not a mother. Dredlifter, you’re up there with giantworshipper and his Justin/Graham stories when it comes to male centric content for me. Growth content at all really. Best of the best. 

My favorite scenes by far were the several height revelation scenes. Absolutely pitch perfect. I’ve come back to reread them several times already and I suspect I’ll keep coming back for a long time to come. I could read about a dozen more of those. 

Speaking of reading more and since you haven’t absolutely closed the door on a future sequel I may as well take this opportunity to ramble a bit about what I’d personally like to see if one ever materialized. Unfortunately it seems I’m in the minority as far as Jed’s possible growth is concerned. Doesn’t thrill me at all. I like the size/power disparity in these stories. Seeing that lessened would be a bummer. Instead I’d go the absolute opposite route and widen the gap even more. 

Ramble incoming: Have the story open x amount of time after the last parts ending with Jed putting in the work to get big and trying to trigger growth similar to what Chad experienced. No dice. It’s all he can do to maintain his body and his course load. There’d maybe be several instances of Jed visiting home. Chad would still be tacking on mass and getting even huger, just not vertically, at least not so far as they notice. Still taking his shots at the docs. Maybe Chad is also advancing career wise. Moving up quickly at his job or via corporate sponsorships and whatnot. Or both. Maybe Jed playfully razzes his dad a little bit about how soon he’ll be the big man of the house etc. Time passes and Jed gets more and more frustrated with his lack of progress. Chad is supportive but also deep down he enjoys being the biggest man around. Eventually (maybe close to the next summer so Jed can spend time at home) there is another growth revelation scene. It snuck up on them, especially with Jed at school and Chad busy at work, but something happens and it becomes too obvious to ignore. Chad has grown once again. Maybe he’s 8’4’’ or 5’’. At first Chad is deliriously happy as per his other growths but sobers up when he sees how distraught Jed is. They go to the doc who confirms, with greatest apologies, that some mix up took place or whatever and the results were switched around. Jed growth plates were indeed closed while Chads remained open. In fact they’ve been open for longer than doc originally anticipated. Why has chad grown so slowly over the past year compared to his earlier pace? Psychological block because he thought his growth was done and because he was anticipating his son growing and possibly eclipsing him. Now that he knows the truth though it’s time to rev things back up. Chad has to balance his burgeoning career and possibly celebrity, his desire to become even bigger, and his sons feelings as he deals with the situation. So on and so forth. Ted would be in the mix of course. Maybe Chads growth proceeds at a snails pace for a bit until he realizes hes still blocked psychologically bc of Jed’s situation. Jed eventually comes to terms and once again encourages his dad to get big. Chad obliges with gusto, immediately falling into another “flu” state. This one is much longer and more intense but when he finally emerges...

I could go on and on with my fanfic outline., but I’ll stop there. Just an excercise in wishful thinking since I cant get this story out of my head. Once again, fantastic work dredlifter. So glad I stumbled across it.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

On 11/22/2018 at 10:13 PM, randomizetheplot said:

Dang. Was sad to come to the end of this one. This was just incredible. As someone who’s more into the gts/fmg side of things the only box this story didn’t tick for me was that Chad was a father and not a mother. Dredlifter, you’re up there with giantworshipper and his Justin/Graham stories when it comes to male centric content for me. Growth content at all really. Best of the best. 

Thanks man!  Giantworshipper's stores are definite favorites and inspirations for me as well.  Don't be too sad my story came to an end, it was 20 chapters long!!! ;)

I like reading your ideas.  They are definitely fun and I like them, but one thing that I am very beholden to is following the rules set up in my own story.  One of my pet peeves is when books, movies, tv shows, etc., break their own rules to add new twists or retroactively change stories.  Chad's growth plates have fused and thus his vertical height has reached it's zenith.

Like you you, though, I am very much into size differences and honestly also think it would be hot to see Chad grow more while Jed stay's the same size.  But alas, that is not meant to be.  However, if I were to continue this saga with a sequel, the idea is that Jed would grow and some other character, perhaps his roommate, would feel the same extreme insecurity and emasculation that Jed felt as his own father grew and grew.

I love that you enjoyed the story so much to revive the topic!  Hopefully you will like my future works as well. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Well darn. I was hoping you’d reply with “Sure man, I’ll start writing immediately!”. lol.

I understand though. I don’t much care for retcons either, although in this particular instance I don’t think you’d hear too much complaining.

I’ll definitely be there with bells on for any other content you put out, Jed’s story or otherwise. 

• Like 1

I'd love to see Jed with become lifting buddies/roommates/lovers with a massive powerlifting strongman, used to being the biggest strongest tallest guy everywhere he goes. A big cocky stud like Chad.

He's going to have some complicated feelings when he meets a real monster in Chad and realizes that his ripped little buddy Jed isn't just catching up to him, he's going to dwarf him.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Sorry that I just now found this story a few days ago, but I am thrilled that I did!!! What an amazing story from the get go. You kept us wanting more and more @dredlifter.  Your writing is superb!  And that was an awesome way to end the story!  Thank you 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

• Like 3