Marvelous Man - Chapter 8

EcchiMultiverse

All comments and critiques are welcomed here and on my Google Docs(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1clnFFt_ZwfeJeUXQiPmhIxQrXwpfgMXWT2pBbBqaOAE)

For other chapters, I will post them on here later. But you can find the archives on my FA and Tumblr with pics included.

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ecchimultiverse/

Tumblr: http://ecchimultiverse.tumblr.com/

First Chapter | Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Chapter 8: Reporting to the D.A.B.

Floating down to the ground, Marvelous Man landed in front of the D.A.B. public headquarters. Finding it was no issue with the help of his smartphone’s GPS. The muscular hero looked up at the five-story building and found its architectural design to be quite basic. The only thing that helped the structure to stand out was its holographic sign floating at roof level with blue flames levitating on both sides of it. It had the acronym “D.A.B.” in a cobalt color font with a subtitle underneath explaining what the letters meant. Marvelous Man couldn’t tell if the holographic sign projection was caused by magic or science.

Marvelous Man walked through the sliding doors; mindful to duck his head underneath the door frame. Inside, the foyer hallway reminded him of his old high school. The ground was paved with tiles of white and navy blue resilient flooring. The walls were painted with a drab white and aligned with propaganda posters encouraging membership and the importance of the D.A.B. Not too far away, there was a gray, curved reception desk with a bored woman sitting behind. In the back of her was another hallway trailing further inside the building. There were rows of black chairs lined against the walls that were filled with a few elderly people.

Stepping up to the reception desk, it took a few seconds for the bored woman to look up from the book she was reading to take notice of Marvelous Man. Her eyes widened at the surprise visitor and clamped her book shut. Immediately, her attitude changed to a more welcoming attitude.

She greeted, “Hi! Welcome to the D.A.B.! The Demon Authority Bureau. I’m Sophie. How can I help you?”

“Hi. Umm, I’m Marvelous Man, and I came here to give a statement about what went on in the graveyard yesterday. Uh, this guy named Gene told me to come in,” said Marvelous Man

Sophie directed, “Oh, right! We’ve been expecting you. The head of the bureau wanted to speak to you personally about that incident. Just head down behind me and take the elevator to the fifth floor. It’s Room 506.”

Oh...okay. Thanks,” said Marvelous Man.

Following Sophie’s directions, Marvelous Man headed down the hall behind her. The hallway itself was basically the same as the foyer with the exact flooring and wall color. Minutes passed by until he came upon a set of elevators on his left. He pushed the button and waited for the elevator to arrive.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Marvelous Man stood in front of a door with an engraved plaque “Director Skye of the North American Region”. He sighed; trying to calm himself while his heart wouldn’t stop beating so fast during the elevator ride to the fifth floor.

He knocked with a hard tap to establish his presence. A second passed by before the door swung open by itself.

The voice from within the room called out, “Enter.”

Marvelous Man complied and ducked his head underneath the door frame as the door closed behind him by itself. Inside, the spacious office was furnished with plants, statues, and other furniture with a flooring covered with a cobalt-colored carpet. Amongst the wall was scenic paintings hanged and glowing runes painted on empty spaces. At the back of the room, the wall was replaced with a glass pane; letting in sunlight and giving a scenic view of the city. Before the wall-sized window sat a cherrywood desk with a man residing in it. More than likely, he was the Director of the D.A.B.

“Marvelous Man, I presume?” said the man.

The Director at the desk spoke with the drawl of a Southern gentleman, and his vocal tone sounded soothing and deep. From far away, the muscular hero could see that other than workplace knick knacks, the cherrywood office desk had a desktop and some sort of creature huddled on top.

Marvelous Man nodded, “Yes, sir.”

“Splendid. Please, have a seat,” said the man.

Marvelous Man complied and walked forward. In front of the Director’s desk resided a cream-colored armchair. He sat himself down in it. It might have looked nice, but it was not at all comfortable for Marvelous Man to sit in. It did not help that the chair’s fabric was cheap and causing his thighs to itch.

Observing the man at the desk closer, Marvelous Man could tell that the Director dressed with as much sophistication as his accent. The man wore a cobalt suit with a pearl white vest and a navy blue tie to complement the whole ensemble. The suit itself seemed to bring out his milky white skin and auburn hair. His hair and beard were well trimmed to give off the impression of a successful businessman.

The creature at the desk looked to be a sort of furry imp with baby goat horns. It resembled a fluffy grey cat, but its head was slightly bigger than his body and wore a suit similar to the Director’s. The imp’s crystal blue cat eyes were adorned by a pince-nez glasses that lacked any arms and rested on the imp’s pink cat nose. It sat at the edge of the cherrywood desk, pawing at an electronic tablet that was as big as its head. Marvelous Man found the creature to be adorable, and that it seemed the D.A.B. took its company colors very seriously.

The Director stood up and held out his hand. His physique seemed to be that of a bit bulky to fill out the suit but still be slim.

He greeted, “I’m Doug Skye, Director of the North American Demon Authority Bureau Region.”

Marvelous Man grasped the hand to shake. He immediately had to stifle a painful groan as his gentle handshake was met with a tourniquet-strength grip. Not wanting to lose face, he kept smiling.

“Nice to meet you, sir,” replied Marvelous Man.

Director Skye released his grip and pointed his open palm at the fluffy cat imp.

He introduced it, “And this here is my familiar, Puzzles. He’s a smoke imp.”

The feline familiar looked up at Marvelous Man. Its voice and accent sounded as if a middle-aged Russian man’s voice box was implanted in the imp’s throat.

“A pleasure,” said Puzzles.

As Puzzles went back to fiddling with his tablet, Doug sat back down in his black leather chair.

Director Skye spoke, “Now first of all, I just want to let you know that I appreciate your assistance with taming those unrested souls back at the New Forest Cemetery. But I have to say that I was not expecting you to be this big. Gene really understated your size.”

“...I’m sorry?” said Marvelous Man.

Doug waved his hand, “Oh, don’t mind my tangent. Anyways, let me just review your file before we go any further. Puzzles?”

“Already on scroll, boss. Just put on glasses,” said the imp.

Director Skye nodded, “Thank you.”

Opening one of the desk’s drawers, he pulled out a black eyeglasses case. Doug snapped it open to retrieve a pair of silver-rimmed visor glasses. The visor glasses’ lenses had a blue tint, and its narrow height was slightly bigger than the Director’s eyes.

The lenses began to light up with a square of multicolored pixels in front of Doug’s eyes. Director Skye then gestured with his right hand in the air; as if he were scrolling and zooming in an image on an invisible tablet.

Marvelous Man looked down and noticed an object sprawled open on the desk in front of the Director. It looked like a paper scroll that he saw in world history textbooks about the Torah. However, it seemed that the paper was substituted with a transparent plastic sheet that glowed with its own pixels.

“So it was you that caused the graveyard to shine like a Christmas tree, am I right?” questioned Director Skye.

Marvelous Man felt like this was about to be an interrogation, and he was not sure what the correct answers were. Marvelous Man could not help but feel tense.

He swallowed, “...Yes, sir. The effects are temporary. So it should go away, uh, soon.”

“Oh, it’s fine. That cemetery got back to its gloomy self about an hour or so ago. The people living close by were pissed that your light was bright enough to wake them up. But none of them got hurt, and the only damage was a couple of smashed graves and a bunch of holes in the ground,” mused Doug.

The Director continued, “So other than having the proverbial powers of a flying brick, you can enchant people and objects with light, and you can heal wounds or poison.”

“Yes, sir. I can also throw my wreath like a boomerang...even though that’s not my powers. I just thought that you should know,” answered Marvelous Man.

Doug nodded and took off his glasses. Folding and then perching it next to his electronic scroll, he turned his gaze back to Marvelous Man and folded his hands together.

“Well, you definitely have a very diverse array of skills. But I think it’s time to get to the point of our meeting. I’d like you to tell me what happened last night,” spoke Director Skye, “And don’t worry about your encounter from Sugar Skull. Gene testified that you were not involved with whatever that ghoul was trying to do.”

Marvelous Man complied, “...Alright.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“And after that, I went home. That’s about all that I can remember about last night,” admitted Marvelous Man.

Director Skye had his hand cupping his chin, as he listened and mulled over Marvelous Man’s testimony. Marvelous Man felt that the Director had suspicion in his eye.

Doug spoke up, “I see...So when did you fuck him?”

“...What?” said Marvelous Man.

Director Skye cleared his throat, “Gene Lightfoot. My investigating agent that has the rabbit ears. When did you have intercourse with him. It’s alright to say it. You’re not in trouble. Every man at this company has had some sexual encounter with him at least once. I just need to know when it happened. Was it before, after, or even during the altercation with the Skeleton Lord?”

“Wha-No, no! I didn’t have sex with him! I mean...I really did want to, but I didn’t,” exclaimed Marvelous Man.

Puzzles stopped fiddling with his tablet and looked up.

Director Skye leaned forward, “So what kept you from chasing after his bunny behind?”

Marvelous Man thought hard about why he did no such sexual deeds with Gene. It happened more than once that he got an erection with the desire for Gene’s body. But every time, he found a way to counteract those feelings.

“...I know this sounds silly, but...Whenever I felt this gigantic urge to...have sex with Gene, I just thought about how much I loved being a superhero, and that I needed to do my superhero duty at that time,” answered Marvelous Man.

Puzzles and Doug looked at each other for a moment before turning their attention back towards Marvelous Man.

Director Skye smiled, “How’d you like to work for the D.A.B.?”

“Huh?” said Marvelous Man.

Puzzles spoke up, “Bossman said would you like a job?”

“Oh...I-I guess so. Why?” asked Marvelous Man.

Puzzles explained in his thick Russian accent, “Because of your powers, and you are less likely to fuck up. Everybody wants to play ‘hide the salami’ with Gene. That is why he is forced to work alone or with female field agent. Unfortunately, all our female field operatives are high ranked and had to go fight monsters in another realm from invading ours. So we’re short on staff, and you would make good partner for Gene.”

“You see, Gene is very special. Other than his super strength, shapeshifting, and his sensitivity to sound cause of the, ya know, rabbit ears, he’s a level two empath,” stated the Director, “That means he can pick up the emotions of other people and even emotional fingerprints recently left on objects or places. He could even detect a person’s aura and know who exactly they are and where they are. Well, as long as they are in the close vicinity of him. His power makes him perfect for recon and investigation for the D.A.B.”

Marvelous Man thought back to his encounter with Gene last night. It now made sense as to how the bunny demigod detected him and the skeletons coming out of the ground.

Director Skye held up his finger, “But...this is where it start becoming a double-edged sword. He doesn’t know this but while he’s receiving all those emotions like a radio, he’s also broadcasting his own to everybody around him. And because of his...background and his unquenchable thirst for sex…-”

“He makes everybody horny,” butted in Puzzles.

The Director nodded, “Yes. And usually, that ‘broadcast’ of his can be canceled out by a strong will. So it’s supposed to affect lesser beings and the less inhibited. But with him having universal good looks that can appeal to anybody, everybody that looks at him drops their guard for a second and are immediately infected by his libido. And thanks to our enchanters, it’s why this room, the female staff, and our suits are warded against his ability.”

“Oh...wait. Why aren’t the men warded?” questioned Marvelous Man.

Puzzles chimed in, “Being the company cum dumpster helps bring up work morale for the male staff and keeps them from moving on to other jobs.”

Doug glared at his familiar.

“What? It’s true,” shrugged Puzzles.

Director Skye sighed, “So now that you know Gene’s...specialness, would you like to join our organization? We could use someone of your skill set, and we’d start you off with a nice salary.”

Marvelous Man paused. It was all happening so fast. He needed field experience to rank up, and this was opportunity at his doorstep. Only somebody insane of self-righteous would forgo this chance.

“Sure, I mean, yes!” he exclaimed.

Director Skye smiled, “Splendid. Puzzles show him around and get him his communicator and scroll, while I push the paperwork through. Now Mr. Marvelous Man, I’d appreciate it if you could start immediately. Seeing as how Gene has to track down the Skeleton Lord before he actually tries something nasty this time.”

“Um, yes, of course,” nodded Marvelous Man.

Setting down the tablet on the desk, Puzzles immediately transformed into grey smoke. The smoke drifted over to Marvelous Man; resting upon his shoulder. It then reformed back into the fluffy imp that sat and stared at the muscular hero.

He reasoned, “I have tiny feet, so I’ll be riding on you. Come on, let’s go find Gene first.”

“...Okay” said Marvelous Man.

Director Skye called out, “Oh, and one more thing, Marvelous Man. I’d like it if we kept this conversation about Gene’s abilities to ourselves. Especially from Gene. He has no idea that he can influence the emotions of others, and I feel that him knowing that information could hurt himself. Emotionally, that is.”

Marvelous Man did not know Gene that long, but anybody with a  conscience wouldn’t like to know that they can literally affect the minds of others. If Marvelous Man had that power, he would probably not be able to differentiate who is actually being sincere and who is being swayed by his own emotions. And all those men Gene had sex with...it could possibly cause Gene to believe that he was a raping them all this time.

“Yes, sir,” he nodded.

Getting up, he waved at the Director and excused himself. Even though Puzzles looked to be as heavy as a toddler, Marvelous Man could barely feel any weight pressing down on his shoulder. One thing he found odd was that Puzzles smelled like a blend of lavender and jasmine.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As Puzzles explained what each the purpose of each floor was for, he guided Marvelous Man to the second floor: The Shower and Onsen Floor. It was the first obvious place to look for him other than the Training Floor located underground. If not in either places, he would be on the dormitory third floor.

Puzzles went on with his lecture, “This is where our employees go to relax and get cleaned up. The water is refined and heated with magic and elemental familiars, which can help field agents recover from wounds faster. On this floor, we also have saunas, and all the facilities we use here are separated by gender. The walls have also been warded to keep out peeping eyes that try to ghost through objects or use clairvoyance or astral projection or whatever. Bossman cannot handle another lawsuit, and my aromas can only relax him so much before he gets a stroke. That was figure of speech. He hasn’t had a stroke...yet.”

“Oh...So does Gene get dirty a lot if this would be the first place to look?” questioned Marvelous Man.

Puzzles replied, “Yes. I did say he was the company cum dumpster, yes? The men get rejuvenated here and get horny when he’s around. Everybody naked and willing, it’s like candy land for him. Check the locker room first.”

Marvelous Man saw Puzzles point to the door for the male locker rooms. He could feel the overwhelming sense of lust washing over him and erecting his primal member. This was not at all like Marvelous Man to get an erection for no reason. That part of his life passed after puberty. Obliging the fluffy smoke imp’s commands, the muscular hero pushed open the door and ducked underneath the door frame.

The inside smelled of sweat and musk and echoed with slapping sound effects and the moans of males in ecstasy. Marvelous Man immediately spotted the origin of the smell and sound ten steps away from him.

On all fours, Gene Lightfoot was naked and perched on top of a locker room bench. There were two men with him as well with one in front of Gene and the other behind him. Both of them impaled the bunny demigod in a spit roast fashion with their own erect primal members. The one in front of him was a young, caramel-colored Latino man with a swimmer’s build, and the one invading Gene’s rear was a smaller, chubby Caucasian.

“I-I-I’m sorry!” stammered Marvelous Man.

Backing up, the muscular hero bunked the back of his head against the door frame. Puzzles’ head also collided; causing him to yelp in pain and rub the back of his head.

The imp complained, “Watch what you’re doing, you colossus! I told you what he was going to be doing. Why were you so surprised? Nevermind, I’ll take care of it myself.”

Puzzles transformed into his usual gray smoke and glided down to the ground. After reforming himself on the floor, he fixed his tie and waddled to the door. The fluffy imp pushed open the locker room door and let himself in.

A few seconds later, the sound of a muffled explosion detonated within. The three men Marvelous Man spotted taking part in lustful acts ran out the room sputtering and coughing. The room behind them was filled with smoke that slowly wafted out the entrance. Puzzles nonchalantly walked outside with a satisfied grin.

“Must you do that, Puzzles?! I do not find that amusing at all! You could have waited until I was finished with the sex,” coughed Gene.

Puzzles sneered, “It’s amusing for me. Besides, three is a crowd, and the best way to break up crowds is to use tear gas. I could try to use a stink bomb scent, but I wasn’t sure if you three had the fetish for that sort of thing.”

“But to change subject, now that you’re here and well enough to fight, we need to prep for today’s mission. The magical researchers should have pinged the Skeleton Lord’s location by now with the orb you lodged into him last night,” he stated.

Puzzles turned to Marvelous Man, “Go to the magical research facility on fourth floor. You can’t enter without someone like me, since you chose to not release your real name. So just wait outside until we get back. Gene needs to get his spare uniform on the dormitory floor, and I need to make sure he does not ‘get lost’.”

“Sure,” nodded Marvelous Man.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Though the sliding glass doors were the entrance to the magical research facility, it paid no mind to Marvelous Man’s existence. Unlike the other floors he was previously on, the fourth floor had its own foyer before actual entry into the facility. Marvelous Man supposed that whatever they researched in there was of great importance.

There was no keycard slot or numeric keypad, for typing in a password, next to the door. The muscular hero wondered how someone with higher clearance was given access to such a place. Beyond the glass door was another hallway; turning in another direction to hide its secrets.

The elevator door behind Marvelous Man chimed. Turning around, he saw the door opening; revealing the fluffy Puzzles and a freshly-clothed Gene. The rabbit demigod had his arms crossed with his face not hiding any shred of annoyance. As for the smoke imp familiar, his face appeared neutral, as he straightened his little navy blue tie.

Transforming back into grey smoke, Puzzles flew over to Marvelous Man’s shoulder and reformed itself back into its suited furry form. The imp sat down as the glass door in front of them slid itself open. Marvelous Man took initiative and trudged on through with Gene following behind.

After turning the corner in the hallway, the travel was cut short as they arrived to a spacious room. The area appeared to be a small Victorian-era library with shelves lined with books, and the wooden walls were adorned with masks, portraits, and mystical runes. It reminded Marvelous Man of the Director’s office but with more antiquity to its style. While most of the places in this building seemed to be dull in every sense of the word, important places like this and Director Skye’s appear to give off their own personality. The library seemed to give off a homely tone; complemented by a fireplace and a ticking grandfather clock in the corner.

As Marvelous Man scanned the room, he noticed something odd about it. Though it was expansive, there was no other doors leading to other rooms, and the library was not big enough to fully fill out the fourth floor. The staff in this area was also small, since he counted less than twelve people in the library. He would most definitely have to ask about this floor later.

A woman of Iranian descent looked up from her book while sitting at a wooden table across from them. Upon spotting the three, she closed her tome and stood up. She wore a cream white hijab with a navy blue gown and appeared to be in her late thirties.

The woman bowed, “Good evening, Mr. Puzzles and Gene. I’m so sorry that I did not see you earlier.”

“It’s no problem, Fairuza,” replied Puzzles, “This is Marvelous Man. He’s new and is Gene’s partner for now. Marvelous Man this is Fairuza. She’s a sorceress and your field analyst for now.”

Fairuza looked up at Marvelous Man, “Nice to meet you.”

“Good to meet you too,” nodded Marvelous Man.

Puzzles spoke up, “So have you managed to locate the Skeleton Man?”

The field analyst nodded and opened her book while whispering to it. The printed text began to rise off the page and float in the air. The words collected itself into a small ball that levitated above the book.

Fairuza then gestured with her free hand and caused her hand to flow with a small grey aura. The ball of words broke apart and started to form a map with traffic lines and simple building shapes. Once the map was fully complete, she pointed to a sphere of words that was pulsing on top of a road.

“With Gene’s ball, I located him underground in the abandoned Ridgemont subway station and hasn’t moved since. But I find this concerning, because this is one of the homeless communities in Skyway City. He could be hiding amongst them, which isn’t that hard with what Gene said about his complexion…” she stated.

Puzzles speculated, “Or he could be holding them hostage or something much worse. What about the scribes? Were they able to get a visual on him?”

“I’m afraid not,” shook Fairuza’s head, “They’re being blocked or warded by something. And the police department haven’t received any calls or complaints yet.”

Puzzles questioned, “So what do we know about Skeleton Lord then?”

“Well...nothing. There’s no historic mention of a Skeleton Lord. Even the magical archives are drawing a blank. The magical researchers are still analyzing the building fragments, but all I can say is that he’s really old. Do not take him lightly. He was sealed away for a reason, so he could be a Rank B villain or above. I’ll let you know more when the magical researchers get back to me,” explained Fairuza.

Puzzles sighed, “Then we need to nip this in bud or else the Nemesis Branch will take over this case. And then bossman really will have a stroke after shouting about them stealing all our work and funding.”

The smoke imp straightened up.

“Alright. You two need to get in there and find the Skeleton Lord. Do not engage him until after you have safely evacuated the homeless. After that, take him down. Dead or alive, just take no chances. He raised skeletons when he was at his weakest, so there’s no telling what he could do after getting some rest. Gene go pick up your weapon. The enchanters have modified it a bit to help you catch runaways. Fairuza please give Marvelous Man his communicator and scroll,” commanded Puzzles.

The situation felt tense to Marvelous Man as his heartbeat accelerated. The threat of the Skeleton Lord appeared to increase with every passing moment. He already had a difficult time when him and Gene were assisted by Sugar Skull to temporarily thwart the ancient villain. Without the ghoul or anybody else’s assistance, could they really handle it?

Next Chapter

• Upvote 1