Marvelous Man - Chapter 5

EcchiMultiverse

All comments and critiques are welcomed here and on my Google Docs(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S2X7W_eTFgdphMIZ3b8ca52rGaEJR70-r4tyufYy5lA)

For other chapters, I will post them on here later. But you can find the archives on my FA and Tumblr with pics included.

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ecchimultiverse/

Tumblr: http://ecchimultiverse.tumblr.com/

First Chapter | Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Chapter 5: Digging into Trouble

Taking his phone out of his black jacket’s pocket, he felt hunger pangs in his stomach. Marvelous Man floated into the air while setting his phone’s guidance coordinates to his new address he saw on his driver’s license. He hoped his parents stocked food in the fridge.

As he sailed through the sky, he noticed how slow he actually was compared to the people that passed by him earlier in the day and during the DMR examination. His smart phone chimed every now and then on how close he was to reaching his destination. It now told him that he was within 15 minutes of arriving to his new home right after the sun had set and night had taken its hold over the skies. Below Marvelous Man, Skyway City was bright with shining lights of its lampposts, store and restaurant signs, and bustling traffic of cars. Even the windmills were lit with its own lightbulbs; though most were just illuminating the propeller’s center with a cautionary yellow, others had the windmill blades lined with colored lights that created images, like the face of a flower, when spun.

When crossing over an old graveyard, he spotted a wandering ray of light originating from a trespasser’s flashlight. Marvelous Man remembered what Tim said about getting more field experience and decided to check it out. It was most likely nothing, probably some young adult that was dared into venturing the graveyard at night or an amateur ghost hunter. Either way, it would be easy experience for trying to talk like a hero and boost his bruised ego a bit.

Marvelous Man softly landed behind a tree, tucked a small distance away from the trespasser, and took a peek at their back. The person was of medium adult height and carried a flashlight and shovel. The clothes were obscured by the night’s darkness, but it had the shape of a formal suit with odd modifications at the neckline and coat tail. Their shoes also had a weird boot shape, and their head appeared to be completely bald.

The D-Rank hero guessed they were some kind of graverobbing crook and began to hover above the ground. Silently gliding forward, he made his way to the supposed grave robber.

Upon being a couple of steps close to arm length, Marvelous Man commanded the light within him to encase himself and shine brightly. The moment he began to glow as bright as a car’s high beam, Marvelous Man spoke in his heroic tone.

He spoke, “Great night for gravero-!”

The crook spun around to face Marvelous Man while emitting a high pitched scream that mimicked a scared little girl. For a moment, Marvelous Man saw the crook’s face before seeing the shovel being flung at him. He raised his arms with his golden bracelet-encased crossed over each other to block the shovel’s blade. Marvelous Man felt his wrists briefly vibrate as the shovel bounced off of the golden bracelets. He then began to question himself if he hallucinated seeing a human skull before the shovel was thrown at him.

“Don’t do that! You shouldn’t sneak up on a person! It’s not cool!” exclaimed the scared person.

Lowering his arms, Marvelous Man confirmed his suspicions. He really did see a human skull. A skull decorated in bright colors and markings like a Mexican sugar skull: neon green outlining his eye sockets and chin with a flowery shape, pink painted around the nose socket and accenting parts of the head, light purple coated on the teeth and top sides of the skull, and black lines etched onto the forehead that looked like a simplified of a peacock. A skull that sat where the head is; attached to neck’s skin and muscles. Within each eye socket glowed a cartoonish yellow flower that spun.

Marvelous Man hesitated, “Wh-what are you?!”

The man with the skeleton head shielded his eyes from Marvelous Man’s shining, bulky body. He spoke back with a Mexican accent.

“I’m a ghoul from limbo,” answered the ghoul, “Now is there a dimmer switch to you? Because you’re blinding me, and not just cause you have a big dick...probably. But just so you know, if that switch happens to be your nipples, I’m a professional at getting them to tune into Tokyo. If you know what I mean, hehe.”

Marvelous Man knew nothing about ghouls from limbo. All he mostly learned back in his fake world about mythical creatures were either from Greek mythology or video games. Perhaps this pervert has a weakness to light.

“No way! My light is going to send you back to limbo where you belong, evildoer!” he said.

The ghoul sighed, “Oh, my gosh. That is racial profiling, pal! You are profiling me for being a ghoul in a graveyard. Okay, first of all, I’m not a creature of darkness. I’m from limbo. Not from hell or created from dark thoughts. But I was reborn by dark magic. Anyways, not the point. Not the point. Now look, look at me. Not bursting into flames or whatever. See?”

Lowering himself to the ground, Marvelous Man observed the skull man and confirmed that he did not seem to have a lethal allergy to light.

“And second, just because I’m a ghoul, doesn’t mean I’m evil. Okay? For all you know, you would be beating up an innocent person who is trying to dig their grave and go to bed in it. That’s why Congress passed that law, so you superheroes could learn to be more sensitive to people that are different from you,” continued the limbo being.

The ghoul was right about everything. Marvelous Man automatically assumed they were up to no good just because they had a skull for a face and a shovel. If he hurt an innocent person without actually investigating the situation, he could never forgive himself. In his own words, Marvelous Man felt like a dickasaurus rex. The bright light encasing Marvelous Man dimmed to the illumination equivalent of a campfire; enough to illuminate the immediate surrounding but nothing beyond.

Marvelous Man apologized, “...I’m sorry. You’re right. It’s not cool of me to think right then and there that you’re a bad guy cause you’re a ghoul.”

“It’s fine. Nobody got hurt. And wow, you are big! Someone has been taking their daily dose of vitamin S,” said the skull man.

Marvelous Man’s face contorted in confusion before turning into insulted realization.

“What’re you...,” his eyes furrowed, “Hey, wait a second! I don’t take steroids, I just work out a lot!”

The pervert guffawed, “Ha! Right. I bet all you did was just a hundred pushups, situps, and squats. Oh! And a six mile run! Haha!”

“Not exactly...But I would admit that I took steroids if I actually did it,” said Marvelous Man.

The ghoul walked over to his thrown shovel and picked it up. Scratching his neck with the shovel’s blade, he looked at the waning moon. Even though the limbo being had no facial muscles, Marvelous Man could understand the facial expression they were making for some reason.

The skull man smiled, “Yeah, I feel like you actually would admit something like that...So what’s your name? You new around here?”

“I’m Marvelous Man. And yeah, I’m new around here. What about you?” he asked.

The ghoul answered, “Good guys and innocents know me as Sugar Skull.”

Sugar Skull turned around and began heading towards where he was originally heading. Marvelous Man followed him.

“So what do bad guys know you as?” asked Marvelous Man.

Sugar Skull stopped and looked at Marvelous Man. His tone became serious.

He fired back, “Are you a bad guy?”

“...No” answered Marvelous Man.

Sugar Skull smiled, “Then you don’t have to know. Hey, maybe later, you could come back to my place, so we could ‘get to know’ each other better, amigo. I bet you want to know if I got a ghost jelly cock or a fully fleshed one. Either way, I can still get an erection and give you some latin passion until the sun comes up, chico.”

“Ummm...Not really. But thanks for the offer,” declined Marvelous Man.

Sugar Skull chuckled, “It’s okay. You’d be surprised how often that line works with guys and girls. Besides, big guys like you aren’t really my thing, but you’re pretty cute.”

He tilted his head and emoted winking with his eyes that involved his right flower eye becoming blank and his left flower eye turning into a red heart. After his brief wink emoting, his eyes turned back into the spinning yellow, cartoon flowers. Carrying the shovel over his shoulder, Sugar Skull resumed his pace.

Marvelous Man activated his flight powers and levitated in front of Sugar Skull; observing him. He wore a suit shaded in violet with golden buttons on his jacket and trousers. The odd modifications Marvelous Man vaguely saw appeared to be large flower petals blooming from the suit itself at the neckline, sleeves, and even the coat tail. The blooming petal neckline peeled far back enough to fully expose Sugar Skull’s neckline and the cleft of his slim, chiseled chest. There was also a broach pinned on his suit’s left breast depicting a symbol of a weeping closed eye. The footwear Sugar Skull wore consisted of maroon boots with the pointy tip extending upwards at a curled angle long enough to be noticeable but would not incapacitate his ability to run.

“So...Are you here to dig your grave and sleep in it?” questioned Marvelous Man.

Sugar Skull cackled, “HA! In this suit?!”

“...Then what are you here for?” asked Marvelous Man.

Sugar Skull answered back, “I’m here to grave rob.”

Marvelous Man stopped and planted his feet on the ground. He posed heroically with his fists resting on his hips.

“You know I can’t let you do that,” he said.

Sugar Skull stopped in front of Marvelous Man.

He sighed, “Do we have to fight? Because that would be such a hassle. And not to mention, we’d probably destroy these graves on accident during our little, uh...skirmish. I’d rather not disrespect the dead. Well, the completely dead, heh.”

Marvelous Man looked about himself and realized that the graverobber was correct. Use of his powers in previous battles did cause plenty of property damage. He wondered how much of a hindrance all that destruction was to the civilians for a supervillain that couldn’t get caught by him. Marvelous Man gauged Sugar Skull to be a nimble ghoul with no discernible weaknesses as of yet. And utilizing those powers to defeat Sugar Skull would definitely cause harm to the gravestones and possibly the graves itself. So how does one defeat a bad guy without going overboard with their ability for a situation that could be taken care of by normal people?

Marvelous Man pulled out his phone from his black jacket’s pocket and begins tapping a phone number. Sugar Skull tilts his head in confusion as Marvelous Man puts the dialing smartphone up to his ear.

“What are you doing?” asked Sugar Skull.

He answered back, “Calling the police.”

The cartoon flower eyes in Sugar Skull’s sockets morphed into a pair of hourglasses for a few seconds before returning back into the spinning, yellow flowers.

“Ha! That is very funny, Marvelous Man!...Wait, are you serious?” he said.

The dialing tone ended as a female dispatcher’s voice echoed.

She spoke, “911, what’s your emergency?”

“You really are serious!” exclaimed Sugar Skull.

Sugar Skull giggled before Marvelous Man held up his index finger to signal Sugar Skull to be quiet.

He spoke into the phone, “Yes, I’d like to report a graverobbing that’s happening in…”

Placing his hand over the phone’s microphone, Marvelous Man looked to Sugar Skull.

“Hey, which graveyard is this?” he asked.

Sugar Skull answered, “New Forest Cemetery.”

Marvelous Man spoke back into his phone, “New Forest Cemetery. Yeah. He said his name is Sugar Skull. He’s got a skull for a face, and it looks like it’s decorated for Day of the Dead-.”

“We call it, Dia de los Muertos. Just so you know,” interjected Sugar Skull.

Marvelous Man nodded, “Yeah, Dia de los Muertos. Yeah, he’s wearing a purple suit and is about...medium height, I guess? Yeah, okay. Thank you.”

He clicked his phone off and placed it back into his jacket’s pocket. Marvelous Man looked at the ghoul.

“They’re sending some cops over here to arrest you,” he stated.

Sugar Skull shrugged, “Okay. Thirty minutes is still enough time for me to get what I need.”

He walked around Marvelous Man and continued on his way to the grave he was looking for. Stopping for a moment, Sugar Skull looked back and wiggled his behind at Marvelous Man.

“But, hey, if the police don’t catch me by the time I get out of here, you can chase me down. Maybe tie me up and make me confess my sins,” he flirted.

Marvelous Man rolled his eyes and smiled.

He changed the topic, “So why are you stealing from a grave?”

“It’s a magical artifact the Bruja wanted me to find for her. She said it’s got a lot of dark magic in it and didn’t want other magical evils to find it. Oh, you probably don’t know she is. The Bruja is a powerful witch I work for.” answered Sugar Skull.

His treading slowed to a halt, as he pointed his flashlight to a mausoleum. The building housing the grave within was decored with statues and engravings of demons, imps, and even some rune symbols.

Sugar Skull remarked, “Ah, here it is.”

As the two drew close, it became apparent of how old the mausoleum really was. Time had weathered down the marble architecture’s decorations; morphed and deteriorated to a faceless and declawed form. All the whiteness of the building had dulled to a gray with layers of grime and bird droppings. The entrance to the structure had been blocked off by wall of cement.

“She did say it would look obnoxiously old and foreboding,” spoke Sugar Skull.

He approached the entrance and knocked. The blockage hummed with a thickness that no normal human can penetrate without the use of powerful tools or explosives. The ghoul turned to Marvelous Man and pointed at the cordoned off doorway.

He requested, “You’ve got super strength, right? Can you knock this down for me?”

“Yes, I do have super strength. And no, I’m not going to help you graverob,” frowned Marvelous Man.

Sugar Skull shrugged, “Alright. But you might want to leave then. Cause if the cops find you here, you’ll probably get, uhh...implicated.”

Marvelous Man looked at the sealed entrance.

“That’s true. But I don’t think that’s going to happen, if you can’t get in,” he replied.

Sugar Skull grinned. Digging into one of his sleeve openings, he pulled out a crystal doorknob that was shaped like a skull.

He proclaimed, “Ta-da! Presenting the Bruja’s magical gadget, the Skeleton Knob. It lets me make a door out of anything.”

Facing the cemented blockage, Sugar Skull gently planted the knob’s stem into the wall without resistance. A sound of a heavy stone being slightly shifted echoed from the sealed entrance. The crystal skull’s eye sockets then glowed a neon green.

Sugar Skull gave the knob a twist and proceeded to push against the newly-made door. The door grinded against the marble floors, as it was slowly pushed open by the ghoul. Once the door had been opened all the way, Sugar Skull took a step back.

“Phew...I really...did not expect it to be that heavy…” he panted.

Marvelous Man awed, “Wow, that was pretty cool.”

“Yeah...I’m really glad when she goes through her anime phase. She invents all these weird magical gadgets, but they’re pretty useful in my line of work,” said Sugar Skull.

Marvelous Man’s eyebrow flexed, “And what is your line of work?”

“Mostly this. But sometimes I have to teach an asshole a lesson if they try to, uh, get smart with her,” answered Sugar Skull.

Marvelous Man walked up to the doorway and covered his nose with his sleeve upon sniffing air of dust and decay escaping from the mausoleum. He then noticed the light his body was giving off only illuminated part of the room and the edge of what appeared to be some sort of stone alter.

Knowing that he did not want to commit trespassing, Marvelous Man looked down for something to use and found a stick next to his boot. He picked up a stick and attributed it with his illumination ability. The stick began glowing with pure white and the intensity of a spotlight. He then tossed the stick into the partially lit interior; flooding it with light to reveal everything for the two acquaintances to observe.

Sugar Skull complemented, “That’s a really useful power.”

“Thanks,” grinned Marvelous Man.

The stick landed with a soft thud against the dusty, marble floor and exposed the interior to be a room with not a stone alter, but a stone sarcophagus. More runes and symbols from different languages and cultures were etched about the room and even on the sarcophagi. Marvelous Man could feel something pulse from the room, but it felt as faint as a weak ripple across a lake.

Sugar Skull frowned, “No wonder the Bruja wants me to get it. The magic here has almost faded.”

“What does that mean?” asked Marvelous Man.

Sugar Skull explained, “It means that whatever magic has been here to keep something big and bad sealed here is almost gone. If I can extract the artifact from here, it should make whatever’s in here, ummm, what’s the word for it? Inactive?...uh..Ah! Inert!”

The ghoul pointed at the etched symbol on the stone sarcophagus’ lid. It glowed a barely visible blue light.

“You see that seal on top of that grave thingy?” he said.

Marvelous Man nodded, “Yeah. Is that the last bit of magic stuff you were talking about?”

“It is. I’ve seen magic stuff like this before. It’s basically magical plastic wrap right now. If it gets damaged in any way, we’re big trouble,” answered Sugar Skull.

Taking a few steps inside, Sugar Skull then faced Marvelous Man.

He spoke, “You can fly, yes? Can you keep watch from afar? This’ll be easy for me. Buuuut, just in case, if I’m not out in ten minutes, you should probably head to the D.A.B. and report this. I’m really sure that the cops can’t handle whatever gets out.”

“Sure,” nodded Marvelous Man.

As the light encasing Marvelous Man’s body dimmed to nonexistence, he began to float up into the air and saw Sugar Skull pull out a child’s fishing rod toy from their sleeve. It was the type of fishing rod targeted for little girls due to the obnoxious hues of pink splashed all over the toy. He flew high enough to be above the trees and hovered a small distance away. Marvelous Man kept his eye on the mausoleum but started to feel the pangs of hunger. He reached into his jacket’s pocket and searched for a snack. His fingers felt a candy plastic wrapper and pulled out the object to reveal a protein bar. Marvelous Man decided he needed to make a mental note for later and store more snacks into his magical pockets.

Minutes passed after the bar was eaten, when Marvelous Man noticed something approaching the magical architecture. A white rabbit scurried up next to the grimy, marbled doorway and sat there for a second. The little animal crept to the entrance and peered in. A moment after, it charged in. Marvelous Man found that odd. Why would a creature want to wander into a lit building with a ghoul inside? If anything, it would run the other direction the moment it would see Sugar Skull. Aren’t animals spooked by supernatural things?

Marvelous Man descended back down and landed in front of the mausoleum’s opening. He then heard a scuffle breaking out from within and saw the cause of the commotion.

A half-naked man with bunny ears attempted to jump kick Sugar Skull in the face. Sugar Skull simply ducked by lowering his head down at an acute angle and spun around the bunny man. Upon completing his spin and ending up a small distance behind his assailant, Sugar Skull casted the line from his toy fishing rod. The pink plastic hook sailed through the air, and its destination was the rabbit person’s behind.

Upon reaching the perky buttocks, the hook fazed through the blue pants that bunny man wore. The pink hook disappeared for a second before exiting out of hindquarters without leaving a mark. As the plastic hook hit the ground, Sugar Skull’s cartoon flower eyes spun faster.

“¿Estás en plan comando? Que rico. Quizás te gustaría ir a mi casa donde puedo meterme en tu agujero y ver si podemos llegar al País de las Maravillas.” he flirted.

The half-naked man turned to face Sugar Skull. He was of African descent with skin lighter than Marvelous Man’s. The rabbit ears on his head appeared to be real due to it appearing to be fused to the skin and not to a band. The fur on the ears matched the man’s hair in a shade of snow white. Though what seemed most odd was that this person not only had rabbit ears, but also human ears. His face looked sleek and proportional to that of a magazine fashion model.

For some reason, Marvelous Man felt overcome with the desire to ravage the man rabbit. It was not hard to figure out why, the bunny-eared person had an athletic torso cut like a jewel with no shirt to cover the toned ebony. The only thing he wore on his upper body was black, fingerless combat gloves, and straps that wrapped over his shoulders and pits and connected to each other over the muscular back. As for the lower end, spandex-like pants stretch and hugged every part of those legs to the point that it looked like ocean blue skin; showing off the athletic cords that housed much power. The pants made no effort to pack in his luscious package and hung like how hanging fruit; bulging and ready to be suckled on. It reminded Marvelous Man of a thick banana and soft plums.

The heroic pole snugged in the patriotic battle bikini twitched and began to embiggen as Marvelous Man’s primal power began to flow into it. The need to mate felt so heavy on his mind. It felt like it was the only emotion he could feel, as it began to flatten the others. But in his heart, he knew that there was still an important task to do first; he needed to be a hero at this moment. Even though he had a rough start at being a hero, he began to love it.

A sense of calmness washed over Marvelous Man. The thought of that seemed to break a hold on whatever force was causing him to feel overbearing lust. Focusing on that ember of love, his mind began to clear and he felt like himself. He shook his head and tried to listen in on what they were saying.

The assailant smirked, “Quizás luego. Pero primeramente debo llevarte adentro. No puedo permitir que andes de pesca por demonios o lo que sea que estabas intentando hacer.”

The ghoul paused for a moment; surprised by the unexpected Spanish fluency.

“Ha! Hellspawns!” guffawed Sugar Skull, “I was doing no such thing! I was simply...retrieving an, uh, unclaimed item!”

The rabbit person crossed his arms, while Sugar Skull’s yellow flower eyes transformed into hourglasses. The hourglasses flipped onto their other side once the few black pixels of sand reached the bottom. Before the hourglasses flipped again, they changed back into their cartoon flowery form.

Sugar Skull pointed at the rabbit man, “Hey, wait a moment! You’re that superhero sex fiend! Uhhh, Gene Lightfoot from the D.A.B.! What are you doing here?”

“The local law enforcement received a call about a skeleton man trying to rob the graves. They requested that the D.A.B. do the looking into, and I was chosen for the investigating. And so you are aware, I am not a fiend. I am a demigod,” answered Gene Lightfoot.

Gene’s rabbit ears twitched as if it detected something, causing Gene to look up at Marvelous Man.

Gene called out to him, “Who is it that goes there?”

Ducking his head underneath the doorway to enter, Marvelous Man revealed himself to Gene and Sugar Skull. The ghoul turned around and grinned with his purple teeth. Gene’s eyes widened with marvel. Though Marvelous Man was still engorged with primal power, he was oblivious to the strain of his battle bikini from focusing so intently on the situation in front of him and not under him.

“Damn, Marvelous Man! I mean, uh...we don’t have to worry about the police coming. They just sent this bunny boy, Lightfoot,” said Sugar Skull.

Gene’s eyes switched to and fro between Marvelous Man’s tented American flag bikini and Sugar Skull.

He questioned, “So you are with the ghoul on robbing the dead?”

Seeing Gene switch to a fighting stance, Marvelous Man raised his arms with open palms to show nonaggression.

“Oh, no! I just called the police on him, because I didn’t want to accidentally destroy any graves while trying to catch him,” he explained.

One of the rabbit ears on Gene’s head bent down as a sign of skepticism showed on his face.

Gene pointed at the sarcophagus, “And this?”

“That’s a coffin with a magical seal on it,” said Sugar Skull, “It’s keeping in som-”

The blue magic symbol on the stone lid turned black as the sound of a sizzle and pop, like an exploding battery, emanated from it. Marvelous Man could see smoke begin to rise from the dead seal, and the smell of burnt popcorn danced in the air.

Next Chapter

• Upvote 2