Marvelous Man - Chapter 3

EcchiMultiverse

All comments and critiques are welcomed here and on my Google Docs(https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xbPEoWBErXCCWu0eYhIwd8hoGI8K4kQTDCYoDgTWH3k)

For other chapters, I will post them on here later. But you can find the archives on my FA and Tumblr with pics included.

FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ecchimultiverse/

Tumblr: http://ecchimultiverse.tumblr.com/

First Chapter | Previous Chapter | Next Chapter

Chapter 3: Hero Patrol

"Are you ready to head into the real world, sugarplum?" said Justice's mother.

Justice hesitated, "Sure, but...why is the portal here?"

The four family members stood in front of dirty loan office. The sign's neon light bulbs shaped to form "CashIThere" flickered with a dull yellow light that only lit the letters "shIThere". A police siren echoed from a small distance, while a dog laying beside the building howls into the air. The glass doors entrance is supposed to project an inviting atmosphere, but is contradicted by the metal bars soldered on. Justice watched a homeless android woman push a shopping cart filled with miscellaneous junk and cats. She muttered about alien space pies as she disappeared around the loan office building's corner.

"We figured it'd be the last place you'd go into if you ever accidentally found the portal. Apollo designed this place to look like a shithole, so you'd stay away from it," explained Papa.

Justice stared at the sign, "Makes sense."

Apollo grew impatient and walked towards the door.

"Well, let's get a move on. I feel like I'll get tetanus if I have to keep looking at my masterpiece any longer," huffed Apollo.

The four went inside and observed the pathetic lobby. The walls were painted with a cheap coating of white that chipped and peeled at the edges of the wall. The dark blue carpet contained a multitude of mysterious stains and black gum. And the line of chairs against the wall were cheap white lawn furniture that would instantly shatter under Justice and Ares' muscle weight. Fluorescent light bulbs hummed loudly with moths circling about. The white counter next to the employee door was fenced with a glass divider riddled with bullet holes markings. An unkempt woman sat behind the counter; reading a magazine with a cigarette in hand. Her hair looked as though it were a nest for birds, and the lenses of her large glasses were cracked.

Apollo approached the counter, and the woman looked up. She inhaled her cigarette until it reached the orange tip and gave a slow exhale that blanketed the glass. As the smoke quickly dissipated, she apathetically gazed through Apollo.

She spoke in a deep, cracked voice, "Fuck off. Can I help you?"

Apollo ignored the first part of her statement and said the password.

"I'd like to speak to your manager with a cherry on top," said Apollo.

The woman says nothing and pressed a button underneath the counter. A buzzing sound emanated from the employee door.

Ares stepped to the employee door and pulled it open. As the buzzing stopped, the other three entered through the door with Ares following behind. Apollo led the group into a blank hallway that echoed with every step they took across the tiled floor.

When the family finally made it to the end, they entered an empty room with only an unremarkable white door.

Justice pointed at the door, "Is that the portal?"

"Yes, it is, sweetie. I know it doesn't look much, but it has to look boring if we want to hide it," said his mother.

Justice's dad pulled a silver key, keychained to a picture of a sundae ice cream with a cherry on top, out of his pocket.

Apollo holds the key in front of Justice, "And this is the key to activating the portal. And as much as I want to cut the ribbon to this event, you should do it, Justice."

Justice accepted the key; confused by his dad's action.

"Umm...thanks, dad," said Justice.

Stepping forward, Justice placed the silver key in the keyhole and turned. He heard the lock give a subtle click. Pulling the key out, Justice turned the knob and pulled it open to reveal a room to a luxury apartment.

Soft jazz softly echoed in the spacious apartment, as Justice walked in. Ignoring the lavish leather furniture and the large entertainment system in the living room, he noticed small statues and paintings of Apollo strewn about.

Apollo stepped in front of Justice and waved about, "Welcome to the real world. This is your new home! It's a penthouse apartment with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and roof access that has a pool and jacuzzi up there. I decorated the place myself, if you couldn't tell."

"Oh, we could. Your 'style' stinks of desperations for attention," remarked Ares.

Apollo glared at Ares; ready to throw some shade.

He sat down on a chair and crossed his legs, "I think that's what your utilikilt's brand name is."

Absentmindedly stuffing the keys into his black jacket's pocket, Justice ignored the quarrel and explored the penthouse. All the walls on the penthouse's exterior was nothing but see-through glass; exposing a bustling city with tall, clear windmill generators wherever he looked. As he walked about, he found the staircase leading upstairs to the roof access. Justice went up the staircase and through the door. Outside, he found a built-in jacuzzi steps away from the door and a pool beyond that. Justice browsed about the two waters, while feeling warm air breeze graze across his face and tree-trunk thighs.

"Everything alright, sugarplum? Do you like the apartment we got you?" asked his mother.

Justice turned around to see his mom following behind him.

He gave a small smile, "It's nice. Dad tried really hard to make this place look nice...maybe a little too hard? I don't know. But I just wanted to know. Where am I? I mean, I'm still in America, right? The USA? Cause if I'm not, then it's gonna be a bit awkward wearing this."

Justice tugged at his American flag bikini.

"Of course you are," giggled Aphrodite, "We're in Skyway City. It prides itself on being on the forefront of wind and solar energy."

Justice paused, "And...what state is tha-?"

His mother stomped the ground with a loud thud.

"Sorry. Spider. You know how they make me feel, honey," said his mother.

After rubbing her feet against the ground a few times, Aphrodite looked up at her tall son. She cleared her throat and attempted to change the subject.

Aphrodite spoke, "So would you like to patrol the city and see if you can fight some crime?"

Justice looked at the many windmill towers and its see-through blades.

"Yeah, I guess so. I'll see you all later then. Love you, mom," said Justice.

Justice floated off the ground, and his body propelled forward. His body moved as if he were in water as he slowly flew off the building. It was time to start patrol as Marvelous Man.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A few hours past as Marvelous Man took in all the new sights and sounds of his new hometown. So many buildings, windmills, solar panels, and Vietnamese restaurants; he would have to check out that last one. But the one thing that made Marvelous Man's heartbeat rise was seeing the people. Actual flesh and blood people; not soulless androids. Marvelous Man wanted to go down and talk to every person he could see, but he knew that would come off as weird and creepy.

An alarm echoed in the air as Marvelous Man looked down to see a bank he was passing by. He turned back to the bank and positioned himself above the entrance before releasing himself from his levitation ability. Wind howled by his ears while falling ten stories up.

The ground zoomed closer to him, as Marvelous Man prepared to do the iconic superhero landing pose. Right when he reached second story height, he realized he miscalculated his fall. Instead of landing on the smooth pavement in front of the bank, he was about to land on the stone steps leading into the bank. The moment it dawned on him, it was already too late to change the placement of his legs or activate his flight power.

His body slammed into the stone steps with a thump, causing his body to roll to the side of the steps after landing on an edged structure. He curled his body into a fetal position and grabbed his right shin.

Marvelous Man hissed, "Ow, shit! Sssssss...ow..."

His brain throbbed with pain and the sound of pulsing blood. The sound dissapated seconds later and he could hear the bank's alarm ringing in his ears. The bank robbers would be out any second, and he had to stop them; even if his leg was now a throbbing ligament of pain.

"Get up. Getupgetupgetup. GET UP!" muttered Marvelous Man.

He staggered to the bottom of the steps as he felt the pain in his shin started to dull from adrenaline coursing through his body. Marvelous Man crossed his arms as he waited for the robbers to come out; doing his best to look intimidating even though he wants to lay down and cry.

Five small gelatinous monsters exited the bank in glee before stopping in front of Marvelous Man upon noticing him. The one leading the charge, carrying a potato sack filled to the brim above its head, looked as if it were made entirely out of peanut butter. His followers seemed to be sentient jam with each one consisting of a different flavor: Strawberry, Grape, Blueberry, and Raspberry. They all had round, rectangular bodies with simple, pointy limbs and gelatinous horns. Their faces were empty slots like those of a jack-o-lantern; glowing with a soft yellow light. Marvelous Man arched an eyebrow at them before regaining his intimidating composure and clearing his throat.

He projected in a heroic voice, "Stop right there, evildoers. Surrender now, and I won't slam the book on you too hard."

Marvelous Man kicked himself on the inside. It sounded cool in his head, but it was so cliché and stupid to hear himself say it. What seems great to say in comic books is completely different from saying it in real life.

The gelatinous foes stared at him for a second before bursting out in high pitched, impish laughter. The peanut butter monster retorted back in a deep, male cockneyed accent.

"Piss off, you overstuffed cottage pie slag!" spat the leader.

The leader spun around and tossed the cash-filled sack to the hench behind him that looked like blueberry flavor. In that same motion of spinning back to face Marvelous Man, the peanut butter being grabbed the pointy arms of the henches standing next to him, strawberry and grape flavored jams. The two jams transformed into muscular gelatin arms intertwining with strands of peanut butter and connecting to broad peanut butter shoulders. The leader's body transformed into a chiseled torso that still had the jack-o-lantern face.

Upon facing Marvelous Man, the strawberry gelatin forming the right arm propped the torso up on its hand with the arm straightened out. The grape-flavored left arm whipped in front of the hero and ejected a grape-flavored projectile intertwined with pieces of peanut butter.

Marvelous Man was caught off-guard by the sudden shape shifting and projectile and could not react in time to block or dodge. The purple and tan gelatin collided into his face and exploded; splashing into his eyes and mouth. The superhero screamed in surprise as he could feel some of the jelly, albeit tasting like delicious grape jam, go down his throat.

The peanut butter villain chuckled, "I'm gonna need a fag from graping all over your face, slag! Okay, boys. Penguin out!"

The little blueberry and raspberry beings dove forward and slid on their round bellies. With Marvelous Man's thunder thighs pushing each other away to form a wide stance, the jelly people had no trouble sliding under him. They left behind a trail of their bodily fluids as they slid underneath Marvelous Man. The leader leapt onto the red and blue gelatin trail and slid on his back.

In the sparse seconds of sliding underneath the hero, the grape jelly hand transformed into peanut butter. The transformed hand reached out and groped the superhero's patriotic bulge. As the grape-flavored arm pulled down, the peanut butter palm stayed firmly attached to the extra-large bulge, except for the exterior of the hand. The hand exterior stretched; following the arm's direction, until it became planted on the ground and detached itself from the arm. Immediately after, the strawberry-flavored right arm whipped up and slapped Marvelous Man's beefy, bubble buttocks; leaving a large, pink gelatin handprint staining on the star spangled pattern. His ass jiggled like jello as his patriotic pole twitched from the sexual harassing stimulations.

After wiping the purple and brown gunk from his eyes, Marvelous Man turned to face his foes and saw the last of the flavored jellies jump into a red car revved on. The car took off right when the door slammed shut; leaving smoke to waft in his direction.

"Crap. Stop!" shouted Marvelous Man, "What the-"

He stepped forward in an attempt to chase after the vehicle but stopped after feeling something pull and leash his red and white striped loins. Looking down, he noticed his American flag bikini was tethered to the jellied ground by a stretched out handprint of super sticky peanut butter. Marvelous Man tugged at his battle bikini and then leapt back in an attempt to break the adhesive bind. The result of his effort caused his lower body outfit to be stretched by the resilient peanut butter; leaving his well-endowed sexual gear to be a hair's breath away from flopping out before his elastic outfit snapped him back to where the peanut butter was rooted at.

Marvelous Man stumbled for a moment before looking up. He could see the red vehicle starting to become a spec amidst the traffic for every second he's wasting on escaping the sandwich spread leash. Marvelous Man took a breath to quickly calm himself and figure a way out of his predicament. Trying to handle the situation delicately did not work, so now it was time to turn to force by using his super strength.

Squatting down like a sumo wrestler, he placed his hands on the ground and raised his round, supersized beefcake rump high into the air. Marvelous Man slowly inhaled through his nose as he concentrated his leg muscles to soak up as much kinetic force as it could provide before liftoff.

He felt his chest and stomach expand to its maximum capacity of air intake and knew it was time to unleash the collected potential within his powerful calves and thunderous thighs. His thighs flexed; veins and muscular cords bulged and outlined against his skin. The cement underneath his feet cracked. With the force within his legs unleashed, Marvelous Man rocketed forward; leaving the cracked ground indented with his own footprints. A garment with the American flag design flapped onto the broken surface.

Marvelous Man soared through the air with the wind whistling into his ears. He zoomed over the cars and saw the vehicle he pursued after began to grow bigger. The villainous passengers of the automobile noticed him and alerted the driver. The red car turned a sharp left onto another road; swerving around other vehicles and disturbing the flow of traffic.

Activating his flight power, Marvelous Man steered himself towards the third story of a skyscraper on the road his foes turned onto. He flipped his body and landed feet first on the building just beneath the windows; causing the building's side to crumble and the windows next to it to crack. Without stopping after landing, Marvelous Man sprinted across the wall like a ninja with the help of his flight power to hold him up. He looked down to see that he was getting closer to the fleeing automobile.

Reaching the edge of the skyscraper's side, he knew he was within lunging distance. Marvelous Man stopped at the end and squatted again to gain power in his legs. He shot off like a bullet from a barrel; damaging more of the structure in the process. Soaring down with his levitating ability to help turn, he guided himself toward the red car. Upon reaching the vehicle within striking range, he punched the car's trunked; denting and flipping the red getaway in the process.

Marvelous Man tumbled onto the ground. He kept rolling like the spinning speed of a blender until he hit the stone wall of a spa. The car fell on its back and skidded across the street with sparks flying. It clipped another automobile, which caused that vehicle to swerve violently down the street with its horns blaring. The flipped red car then crashed into a row of vehicles parked by the curb.

Propping himself on his elbows, Marvelous Man coughed.

"You look like you could use a hand getting up," said a familiar, posh voice.

Marvelous Man looked up and saw his dad, Apollo, offering his hand for assistance. For some reason, Apollo was carrying a fancy, opened umbrella even though it wasn't raining. He accepted his dad's help.

"Dad," smiled Marvelous Man, "Thanks."

Apollo glowed with delight, "Of course. It's my duty to help my son. I am the best father that ever existed even after time itself ends. Speaking of which, F-Y-I, Hephaestus modified your golden wreath to be a precision-guided boomerang. Depending on your intention when you throw it, it could be sharp or dull when you make it hit five enemies or so at once. So you might want to use it next time to cripple any runners."

Standing up straight, Marvelous Man dusted pebbles off his black jacket.

"It would have been great if you told me that before I came to the real world. Could've really used it a few seconds ago," he said.

Marvelous Man's dad pursed his lips and looked away; trying to show a face of innocence.

Apollo answered back, "That's why I said next time. Anyways, I'm going to blend in with the crowd now. Toodles."

Apollo's son watched him walk away towards the murmuring crowd that had begun to increase in numbers to watch Marvelous Man. Everybody watched Marvelous Man with their recording cell phones, but nobody paid any attention to Apollo. Before Apollo integrated into the crowd, he turned around to say something the just occurred to him.

Three chrome fists uppercutted the right side of Marvelous Man's face; sending him twirling briefly into the air before belly flopping onto the ground with his jiggling behind facing up at the sky. He groaned and could taste a bit of blood. Because of his crash on the ground, he accidentally bit the inside of his cheek.

"Under Arkos Division jurisdiction, you're under arrest for destruction of public and private property, endangering misuse of superpowers, and public indecency!" said a woman.

Getting up, Marvelous Man turned to the voice and saw a woman. A blue cycloptic visor covered her face, and her black body was garbed in a sleeveless, red Chinese martial arts outfit. Her biological arms were replaced with four cybernetic arms on a rotating disk attached to each of her shoulders. However, one arm, out of her eight, was gold plated; rather than chrome.  The gold plated arm held out a flipped-open wallet that revealed a platinum badge with capitalized letters engraved with the logo of the combined letters: "AD".

Marvelous Man knew the woman said something to him a few seconds ago, but his ears could only hear the sound of blood painfully pumping through his head. His hearing began to come back as the woman flipped the wallet and placed it back into the pouch on her belt. She then took up a kung fu stance with her arms posed in a mix of defensive and offensive readying strikes.

She spoke, "I don't know what makes you think you can go around trashing the city, but my Arms of the Element will discipline your ass!"

Marvelous Man held up his hands to show compliance.

"Wait! I'm a superhero. I was chasing a bunch of criminals in their red getaway that I flipped over there!" he explained.

"Oh, yeah?" scoffed the female superhero, "Then what's your name? Naked Justice?"

Marvelous Man obliviously stammered, "Wha-N-no, it's-"

"Don't care. Who were you chasing then?" questioned the woman.

He answered back, "They're...it's hard to explain...they were made out of peanut butter and jelly, I think? They gooed my face."

"The PB&J Gang? Shit. Hope you didn't swallow," cursed the woman, "And do you not feel a breeze between your legs?"

Marvelous Man looked down, "What're you-?...Dang it."

The multi-armed hero turned her attention to the flipped vehicle.

"Peanut buttered your shorts, and you accidentally ripped them off trying to chase them?" said the woman.

He slouched, "Yeah."    

"You're not the first ones they've done that to...so I've heard. So real talk, the name's Octomentist. What's your name, and you seriously don't have an extra pair in your pockets or something?" she asked

Before Marvelous Man could answer, he heard Apollo speaking in a hushed voice behind him.

His dad spoke, "Extra by the ways before you got hit, I got your uncle to make you an athletic cup that'll suction to your crotch in case of any wardrobe malfunctions. You can also attach it to your face as a breathing apparatus for water, space, or toxic gas. Just reach into your pocket and think about it. Going now. Toodles again."

"Sure, I think so. And it's Marvelous Man," answered Marvelous Man.

Octomentist retorted, "Got that right with a thing like that."

He reached into his black jacket's pocket and frantically thought and begged for the cup to appear in his pocket. Wriggling about, a smooth, cool object touched his fingertips. Marvelous Man grabbed hold of the object and pulled it out; revealing it to his own eyes that it was the athletic cup his dad just told him about. It was gold plated with jewelry encrusted on it. The front bulged out to make space for holding an athlete's above average bat and ball sack. Inside of the cup, it was matted with memory foam and covered with a black fabric that felt softer than silk when Marvelous Man touched it. The inner rim was lined with a soft, black rubber; most likely to assist with suctioning to his face or private area.

Placing the cup over his overly meaty proportions, the cup quickly hissed upon touching his skin. The cup sucked the air out of his covered space and suctioned itself snugly to his groin. Marvelous Man exhaled a light moan. It felt like his heroic loins were being held and caressed by multiple pillowy hands. His sexual parts were overly stimulated by the new sensations that they started to pulse into bigger proportions.

Marvelous Man knew that if he allowed himself to stay still, the euphoric feelings he felt would soon spread to the rest of his body and lock him into an orgasmic paralysis. He remembered that there was still supervillains on the loose, and he needed to stop them. Marvelous Man shook his head and focused his attention to Octomentist. She was already halfway to the car, while he was busy applying his golden athletic cup.

The driver's door to the red car bursted off the hinges as it was kicked by a big raspberry jam foot. The foot then shifted and launched out of the new opening with other colored jellies and a large portion of peanut butter. It landed not too far from the vehicle and sat there for a second before the pool of sandwich spread attempting to reform itself. The peanut butter leader's head poked out of the pool and continued to rise. The large puddle shrank as the athletically lean torso with muscular jelly arms reformatted and rose. The fusion grew taller and the puddle disappeared in order to form sturdy, colored, gelatin legs with strands of peanut butter and fused to a peanut butter pelvis.

The cockneyed fusion looked down at Octomentist approaching him with unflinching confidence. Her cybernetic arms slowly rotated as if they were trying to decide which arms should be the main offenders.

"Ello, Octomentist. Come for round two, love?" said the PB&J Gang.

Octomentist glowered, "Villains don't get a round two. This is just a continuation of our first match before you ran off."

The PB&J Gang began to circle around Octomentist in a counterclockwise direction.

"C'mon, love. You know you can't beat me. You work for the Arkos Division, and we're outside your sciencey jurisdiction. That organization tries to put magical things in their sci-fi containers, and the blokes then wonder why it blew up in their faces," PB&J Gang chuckled.

He then noticed Marvelous Man running up to him.

The fusion chided, "Well, if it isn't Naked Justice. Looks like you found something to cover up, but ya still look like a slag."

"My name is Marvelous Man!" exclaimed Marvelous Man.

Marvelous Man grabbed the golden wreath off his head. He then twirled himself into the air like an acrobat and threw his gold plated wreath. It shimmered as it sailed through the air like a spinning saw blade. The wreath moved in a spiral motion while making whirling sounds.

It was PB&J Gang's turn to be caught off guard, as he stood there watching in surprise at Marvelous Man's shiny weapon. He did not expect projectile weaponry and failed to keep his eye on the swift threat. The spiral-moving wreath came within range of the fusion and sliced his shoulder; sawing through without hesitation and severing the purple jelly arm from the peanut butter torso.

PB&J Gang screamed, "Jelly Jam Grape!"

"Kyaah!" cried Octomentist.

She dashed towards the disarmed being, while one of her left chrome arms began to smoke like dry ice and condensate a layer of crystallized moisture on its own limb. Thrusting forward, the subzero arm palmstruck PB&J Gang's pink right arm; instantly spreading its freezing temperature and hardening the arm into a strawberry-flavored popsicle. The golden limb above the ice arm shapeshifted its hand into a sledgehammer's head and swung in an overhanded motion. The frozen appendage immediately shattered.

Before allowing the armless being to react, Octomentist jumped with one of her right chrome arms aiming underneath her and shooting a powerful stream of air; boosting her jump. Another cybernetic left limb instantaneously heated up until it looked like molten metal and proceeded to karate chop the peanut butter neck. The cut through with ease and left a melted wound. Octomentist's other right arm reacted by emitting a dark aura and then punched the leader in the face.

PB&J Gang were yanked back by the punch as if their gravity shifted in a horizontal direction for only a moment. They splatted against the wall and oozed onto the sidewalk; losing their form. The peanut butter gurgled in pain, while Jelly Jam Grape managed to reconstitute themselves without being noticed.

Grape looked in horror at their wounded gang and waddled as fast as he could on his pointy legs. He dove forward and penguin slid on his belly, while Marvelous Man's golden wreath returned back to him. On the way to his partially fused boss, he slid over the frozen pieces of Jelly Jam Strawberry and absorbed the remains into himself. Octomentist spotted Jelly Jam Grape sliding past her.

She exclaimed, "Shit! Get it before it returns back to the gang!"

Marvelous Man caught his boomerang wreath and looked for the runaway jam. Upon locating him, Marvelous Man threw his weapon and hoped his golden projectile would make it in time. The wreath curved in an arc; flying high up before going back down. The shiny accessory rocketed; angling itself to the Jelly Jam minion and catching up. Crashing upon the ground to reach its mark, the weapon missed as Jelly Jam Grape lunged himself into the air as a formless goo.

"Crap!" shouted Marvelous Man.

Jelly Jam Grape landed on the oozing PB&J Gang and quickly shape shifted into a muscular arm. The arm then gripped the curb and flung itself and the peanut butter and jelly puddle it was attached to. The arm turned back into formless grape jelly right before the sandwich spread mass splashed onto a storm drain grate; flowing down the grate's holes and disappearing in seconds.

Octomentist turned to Marvelous Man, "No way in hell I'm going down there. You?"

"Nnno?" said Marvelous Man.

She sighed, "Don't sweat it, big guy. They're a Rank D threat level. The PB&J Gang like to make life a living hell for us heroes, but they wouldn't try killing any civilians. What did they do to make you rampage all over the streets?"

"They robbed a bank. The stolen money is in their getaway car," answered Marvelous Man.

Walking over to the red car's busted open driver doorway, Octomentist then kneeled down and reached for the potato sack bag. As she headed back to Marvelous Man, she was about to open it but then paused.

She tossed the sack to Marvelous Man, "Hey, I need you to confirm for me that this is what they stole."

He caught the bag and began to open it.

"Um, okay," said Marvelous Man, "I didn't actually see the money in the bag, bu-AUGH!"

Blue paint exploded out of the potato sack's opening; covering his face in blue. Marvelous Man drops the bag due to surprise. Octomentist cackled with all eight of her cybernetic arms grabbing her sides. She bent over from all her laughing and nearly fell over.

She gasped, "Oh my gosh, that shit never gets old! Ahaha, I'm sorry, but I just had to see how much of a rookie you are. And cause it's totally hilarious."

"Whatever," pouted Marvelous Man.

He knew it was a good prank, but Octomentist was not his friend. If they were closer as friends, he too would have laughed. But as of that moment, he felt his kindness was being taken advantage of.

Octomentist regained her composure, "Okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Here, bend down and let me clean that paint off you. No tricks this time. Pinky swear."

She extended eight chrome pinkies to show her sincerity. Sighing, Marvelous Man decided to trust her again and leaned down until his face was at her head's level. Her golden hand cupped underneath his chin, and the fingers began to flatten and spread across Marvelous Man's face as a golden sheet. When the sheets approached the paint, the golden foil was so thin, that it was able to slip underneath the paint without harming the skin. Upon getting underneath all the paint, Octomentist pulled her fingers off his face and flicked the paint onto the ground before reforming the hand back into its original form.

Ocotomentist then applied one of her chrome hands on his left cheek while another was aimed above the placed hand. The hand on his cheek became wet and leaked all over his cheek. Octomentist's water arm moved over Marvelous Man's face in an attempt to rinse off any remaining residue. The other arm hovered over his face blew a current of air to blow away the wet trails. Upon finishing the wash and dry, Octomentist extended one of her hands in a friendly gesture.

"There. We good now?" she asked.

Standing up straight, Marvelous Man looked down at the cybernetic hand. He realized that Octomentist is surely a jerk, but she means well. And this could actually be his first living friend. He accepted her hand with a gentle touch as Octomentist squeezed down like a hydraulic press machine. Marvelous Man's face did not flinch.

He smiled, "Yeah, sure. We're good now."

"Cool cool. You did a good job helping me there. Oh, yeah! Here, hit me up if the Arkos Division accepts you, or if you wanna team up and be my sidekick for a bit," said Octomentist.

She handed Marvelous Man a business card she pulled from her belt's pouch. Marvelous Man took the card and observed it. It was a shiny, red business card designed to look like a computer circuit board. Its imitative metallic connectors were colored with a reflective platinum as did the Arkos Division’s logo printed in the center. Flipping it over, more letters were printed in the platinum color. Other than her name and email, he noticed something peculiar.

He looked up at her, "C-Rank? What does that even mean? Is that like some sort of superhero GPA?"

Octomentist tilted her head in confusion.

"Seriously? Were you living under a rock or something?" she asked.

Marvelous Man looked away; thinking of a short and sane way to explain to Octomentist.

He answered back slowly, "Sort of...My parents knew I had superpowers when I was born...so they kept me...in a safe place to train my powers, so I couldn't hurt others on accident."

"Oh..." said Octomentist, "Well, first of all, my GPA is higher than a C. I'm a 3.8, okay? C-Rank means I'm a hella good fighter, but I can't really go toe-to-toe with somebody that can level a building with a punch. If you want to be a superhero nowadays, you've got to register at the DMR. That's short for Department of Metahuman Registration."

Octomentist picks up the bag, "Anyways, I gotta report this to the Arkos Division. I'm sure you can look up the rest of the info. If you still don't understand anything, you got my card."

"Thanks, Octomentist," smiled Marvelous Man.

She turned to leave, "It's cool. Thanks for sidekicking, Naked Justice."

"It's actually Marvelous Man," he said.

Octomentist grinned, "I don't care."

Next Chapter

• Upvote 5